Problem refreshing Materialized View in Oracle SQL Developer

I have a database schema with a Materialized View (MV) that updates a products table shown on a website. This schema was recently imported to an 11g database from 8i, but since this import I have been unable to refresh my schemas Materialized View.

The MV_PRODUCT_MASTER Materialized View attaches price data to product data that is stored in a normal WEB_PRODUCT table, and create an MV table as a result. The output MV table is what the website pulls data from to display to the site users. Since it is an MV table, this table cannot be edited directly. In order to change, say, a product description, I need to alter the description field in WEB_PRODUCT and manually refresh the MV_PRODUCT_MASTER table. Only through the refresh will the upstream edits appear in the MV_PRODUCT_MASTER table and be visible on the website.

In my old 7.6.0.11 copy of TOAD, I could manually refresh these MVs easily, by opening the Snapshots tab, right clicking on the MV I wanted to refresh and selecting the Refresh option. Since the schema was imported to 11g, I have been using the Oracle SQLDeveloper tool to manage the schema. SQLDeveloper doesnt have a clear method for manually refreshing an MV, or else the method I am using isnt working.

If I right click on the MV_PRODUCT_MASTER Materialized View object, and choose Other Actions, I see the following choices:

Shrink Materialized View
Compile Materialized View
Force Materialized View Refresh
Rebuild Materialized View

I assumed that Force Materialized View Refresh was the right choice, and chose that. This option displays the SQL:

alter materialized view "WEBADMIN"."MV_PRODUCT_MASTER" consider fresh

When I apply this, I get the message: Materialized view MV_PRODUCT_MASTER has been set torefreshed. However, no changes appear in the MV output table. i.e. if I make a specific change to a row in the WEB_PRODUCT table, the change is not being carried into the MV_PRODUCT_MASTER table, so that indicated that the refresh is not actually happening. The MV table appears to believe it is being refreshed:

REWRITE_CAPABILITY GENERAL
REFRESH_MODE DEMAND
REFRESH_METHOD COMPLETE
BUILD_MODE IMMEDIATE
FAST_REFRESHABLE NO
LAST_REFRESH_TYPE COMPLETE
LAST_REFRESH_DATE 06-APR-10
STALENESS UNKNOWN

but it isnt showing any changes.

What am I doing wrong Is there a plain SQL statement I can run in order to run these refreshes, instead of using the SQLDeveloper GUI
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:52:39 AM Total Views:  248
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Replication

I need to replicate selected columns in various tables to a database used by a web server. The master database can establish a database link to the web server database but they do not want a link from the web server database to the master. I could use suggestions on the best way to accomplish this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Reorg

Hi all I'm running 8.0.6.2 on UX-HP 10.20. can someone tell me exactlly the steps to follow in order to "reorg " my database any internet site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RE: v$sqlarea

Hi Everybody , could anybody provide me with sql script to find the top two expensive sql statements . and to find two mostly used sql statements .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Question about DBMS_STATS

, Once in 15 days, I gather statistics on all tables and indexes in a database. Code: dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname => 'PRODAPP', options => 'GATHER',cascade=>TRUE) Now I'm reading the Oracle University's Oracle9i Performance & Tuning Student Guide that I should collect column statistics with GET_COLUMN_STATS on those columns that are used in join conditions. Our application uses a lot of joins. And what I understand from get_column_stats is that the CBO can make better decisions for the explain plan. Is it advisable to do so (The gathering of statistics for all those objects (tables, indexes plus all 'join-columns') will take more time. I see this as the only downside. But I execute this action at night, so there's no problem)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problems with MTS and Oracle

Hi all, who know problems with MTS (Microsoft Transaction Server) and Oracle, specialy with Update statements
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem occured in database shutdown

hi frineds, when i shutdown the database, at the day end it was not shutdown and hangsup. I closed the system and restarted. In alert log file i found the message at the time of shutdown ' waiting for active call to complete unix process id 3685......' etc.. what could be the reason. also often i observe 'parallel transaction recovery tried' in trace files. what does it mean is it serious and will i get any future problems.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem in setting pctincrease to 0

hello all my temp tablepsace was growing of late. So issued the following command as 'sys'. ***************************************************************** SQL> alter tablespace TEMP deafault storage (PCTINCREASE 0); alter tablespace TEMP deafault storage (PCTINCREASE 0) * ERROR at line 1: ORA-02142: missing or invalid ALTER TABLESPACE option ************************************************************** can anyone make out what its throwing up this message ..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem in connecting ORA-06413

I need help resolving this error. I got this error this morning on the new pc I am setting up. As far as I can remember it was working yesterday when I shut down. After I got this error I blew away the Oracle 8.0 client that was on the on it and have installed Oracle 8.1.7 client on my new Dell GX110 . I still get this error when trying to connect using SQLPlus or one of my Oracle apps. I copied my TNSNAMES.ORA from my old machine and have defined new connections with the network assistant. My TCP/IP works fine and I can connect to a unix server and use SQLPlus there. I couldn't deinstall the 8.0 using the 8.1.7 de-installer so I drug them to the trash and flushed them. What causes this error What do I have to do to fix it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Proble in opening standby database in read only mode

Database version 10.2.0.1.0 When i am trying to open the standby database in read only mode it is showing error: SQL> startup nomount ORACLE instance started. Total System Global Area 369098752 bytes Fixed Size 1249056 bytes Variable Size 113246432 bytes Database Buffers 251658240 bytes Redo Buffers 2945024 bytes SQL> alter database mount standby database; Database altered. SQL> alter database open read only; alter database open read only * ERROR at line 1: ORA-16004: backup database requires recovery ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 1 - see DBWR trace file ORA-01110: data file 1: 'F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PRIMARY\SYSTEM01.DBF' When i am trying to recover standby database it showing error: SQL> recover standby database ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors ORA-01124: cannot recover data file 1 - file is in use or recovery ORA-01110: data file 1: 'F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PRIMARY\SYSTEM01.DBF' There is no problem with archive log.Log are archived in both primary location and standby location. The error shows that primary standby system file is locked by DBWR.but why it is checking primary database files.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

preventing unable to extend tablespace

I want to be able to monitor tablespace that is near 100% full. But only tablespaces that has datafile that are not autoextend. Also, if the datafile is autoextend on, i want to see the tablespace only if it is near his maxsize value. Complication: The thing is that i might have more than one datafile related to my tablespace. And i might have the following situation: tablespace USERS datafile 1: 99% autoextend on not near maxsize value datafile 2: 99% autoextend off; So i would not want to see that USERS tablespace in my query. Since it is not near his maxsize value. But i would like to see this scenario: tablespace USERS2 datafile 1: 99% autoextend on near maxsize value datafile 2: 99% autoextend off; Does any one has that kind of query This query is close to what i need but does not work well: select d.tablespace_name "TABLESPACE", sum(d.bytes)/1048576 "SIZE (M)", 100 -(round((FREESPCE/(sum(d.bytes)/1048576))*100)) "USED (%)" FROM dba_data_files d, ( SELECT round(sum(f.bytes)/1048576,2) FREESPCE, f.tablespace_name Tablespc FROM dba_free_space f GROUP BY f.tablespace_name) WHERE d.tablespace_name = Tablespc group by d.tablespace_name,FREESPCE order by 1 asc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Perofrmance of database

I would like to know what is the impact of building a materialized view with refresh fast on commit on database. i am trying to build a Materialized view from a table which has about 100 thousand rows and there are about 12 columns in the base table and i am pulling out only 3 columns from the base table to build the view,but i have different calculations on the three columns which again turn out to be 10 different columns, there are no huge data types in the base tyble like blob or long raw.they are all numbers anbers and dates and characters less than 100, if i have refresh fast on commit is that going to slow down my database...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance statistics empty: data overflow

Does anyone have any ideas about "Performance statistics empty: data overflow" From our alert logs: Thu Jan 10 19:53:28 2002 ARC0: Beginning to archive log# 15 seq# 17989 ARC0: Completed archiving log# 15 seq# 17989 Thu Jan 10 21:34:08 2002 Performance statistics empty: data overflow Fri Jan 11 00:17:44 2002 Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 17991
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance issue even after deletion

I have a table which had 2,000,000 records and I've deleted 1,000,000 records from the table. But after the transaction is over the performance of the application is very slow and the values are not showing correctly in the application (I did not make any changes in the application). Will anyone help me what could be the problem.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Peoplesoft DBA

Hi I was just wundering if somecould point out their exeperinces as a Peoplesoft DBA ..and how different it is from being a normal oracle DBA .Any forums on the net that would help me jump start into people soft DBA regards Hrishy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passwords qns - New thread

I guess I should've posted this on a new thread to elicit a response..instead of tagging along Steve's thread! Thanx. - have you folks faced any issues with periodically changing default unix passwds for oracle, applmgr and other typically frequently used accounts (for different applications - edi,oes blah blah). - What are the typical issues u run into If at all - Yes, ftps with hardcoded passwords (a bad idea to begin with) won't work..but is there anything else to be wary of - No way to automate this on the fly..and email the new passwords to me, is there
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Parameters in SQL query

I have a query where a user can enter up to three parameters(search conditions), but the user may not enter all three every time they query is called, but they will have to enter at least one of the parameters. For example, I have a query that selects from a table based on a contract number, invoice number, and transaction number. The user can has to enter the invoice number, but the other two are optional(for purposes of narrowing the data returned). My question is how do I set my query up to run and ignore(\t) the parameters that are not required to be entered// I hope I have made sense with my question.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

c# code to access oracle refcursor and get data

Hi I have a oracle function that returns refcursor. This was given by third party to consume data. How can I code to get this data
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

I have a question on how to setup a table for use with a TreeView

I have never had to set one up so I don't know how the layout should be done in order to know what goes with what node in the TreeView. I figured someone out here has done this with as many hits as the site gets. BTW,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Package Oracle DLLs in a WEB Application

I am trying to Package all required Oracle Client DLLs from ODAC installation package into my web project so that I don't have to install Oracle Client on the server. I need to know if that is possible and if yes, can anyone show me by example
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does type of client request have impact on .net framework code access security

does the type of request i.e, http/https will have any impact on .net framework code access security aspect.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How database process multiple request at the same time.

I have a doubt. For examples, Multiple users trying to update the same record usign asp.net application. Can any one explain me indatil the situation how db process the request.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calling AS400 Stored Procedure from ASP.net C# Coding

I have a reqinwhich I haveto call an AS400 storedprocedure.The storedhas an input and output parameter. Can any body help me.I am new to this technology. Please help me itsurgent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem in the connection between MySQL database and ASP.NET

connection stiring in webconfig like this when we create connection need to MySql Provider. MySqlDataAdapter mySqlAdap = new MySqlDataAdapter("select date_format(HDate,'%Y-%m-%d') as Date,Occassion from tblholidays order by HDate", clsConnection.MySqlConn); \t\t\t\t\t DataSet ds = new DataSet(); \t\t\t\t\t mySqlAdap.Fill(ds); tye this. It will helps you. working copy fully tested.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

C# AS400 Case-insensitive search

Hi all, I'm having some issues doing case insensitive searchs. Basically when I search for "FRAME" it does not equal "frame". So I've looked at what people have done and unfortunately I can't get their sollutions to work for me. I've tried UCASE, LCASE, '%%', and a host of other possibilities. So I will post my searchbtn code for you to look at. Below is my code. This is what I need: I need to be able to do case-insensitive searches. For example, if I type is "FRAME" it will return all results even if it's "frame" in the DB. A little about me I'm a relatively new coder, I've been learning as I go. I write my code in VS2008, with windows Vista. I can't think of anything else you would need to know besides I'm at wits end with this case insensitive crap. protectedvoidSearchBtn_Click(objectsender,EventArgse) \t\t\t\t{ \t\t\t\t\t\tpartGrd.Visible=true; \t\t\t\t\t\tpartGrd.DataSourceID="Searchsource"; \t\t\t\t\t\tconn.Open(); \t\t\t\t\t\tstringsearchpart="SELECTcell1,cell2FROMstuffWHEREcell2LIKE'%"+searchTb.Text+"%'"; \t\t\t\t\t\tSearchsource.SelectCommand=searchpart; \t\t\t\t\t\tSearchsource.SelectParameters[0].DefaultValue=searchTb.Text.Trim(); \t\t\t\t\t\tSearchsource.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty); \t\t\t\t\t\tpartGrd.DataBind(); \t\t\t\t} Any and all help and suggestions would be great. I'm going to go find the bang head here for stress relief sign to put up on my wall for now.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Read Excel file without Saving to the Server Disk

I'm trying to read an excel document via a WebForm without having to save the file to the server disk. Is this possible I haven't been able to find any details on reading an Excel file stream. Has anyone accomplished this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mysql Insert Data from Local server to Remote server

Hi I created my NFL application in my local machine in mysql, now I want to transfer Data from my local server to webhosting server , I can connect to both servers from my macine also created all the tables on remote server but I am not able to write insert statment getting error in mysql query browser.How to do data transfer by using sql statment. Please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

mysql connector .net terminate my database

hi recently i have started using mysql connector .net 5.0.5 for my application,whenitestingtheapplicationatmylocalhostit'sworkfine. but when i upload to the server the system have terminate my database after i review my application. below is the error i get Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown. Source Error: Line 24: Line 25: Using (con) Line 26: con.Open() Line 27: Dim reader As MySqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader() Line 28: While reader.Read() [Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.] MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +521 [MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.] MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +606 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) +94 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection() +30 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection() +61 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection() +202 MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() +359 configDAL.SelectField(String field) in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\App_Code\DAL\configDAL.vb:26 configBLL.SelectField(String field) in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\App_Code\BLL\configBLL.vb:29 _default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Domains\wwwroot\demo\default.aspx.vb:10 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061 can i know what is the reason
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Database Connection Help

Hi , A complete newbie here. I'm coming from a Visual FoxPro angle on this and i'm a little confused even over the very basics at the moment. Just for this example i've got two textboxes on a form and a button. One textbox is for the user to enter a value to be found in a database table (VFP) when the user clicks the button. I have a connection string in the web.config file like this: \t\t \t\t\t \t\t This for test purposes is just looking at a table on my local machine. What I can't get to work is using this connection string to retrieve the data. In my default.aspx.cs file I have this code: using System; using System.IO; using System.Data; using System.Data.OleDb; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; namespace Test { \t public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page \t { \t\t\t # region Variables \t\t\t protected string cJobNumber; \t\t\t protected string cInputFile; \t\t\t #endregion \t\t\t protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) \t\t\t { \t\t\t } \t\t\t protected void BtnSelJob_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) \t\t\t { \t\t\t\t\t //OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection(connJobTable); \t\t\t\t\t //con.Open(); \t\t\t\t\t ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["connJobTable"].ConnectionString; \t\t\t } \t } } this line ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["connJobTable"].ConnectionString; is generating an error that is less than helpful to a newbie like me: "Error\t 1\t Only assignment, call, increment, decrement, and new object expressions can be used as a statement" how do use these connectionstrings and then issue commands to stuff the value i'm looking for into the second textbox sorry for such a blitheringly easy problem but coming from VFP to VS2005 is a jump i'm finding extremely confusing at the moment. any help would be really great. James.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

check a single mysql field for a certain value

I am trying to check a particular MySQL field in ASP.NET 1.1. The field contains a single character, "y" or "n" are the 2 possible values. I want to send a user to one of 2 pages depending on the value of that field. How can I do this in ASP.NET 1.1 My best attempt is below: Please note that some variables below are defined in earlier parts of the script, so I know the only problem is my syntax as it concerns the database stuff... \t\t\t Dim strSQL As String \t\t\t Dim datNow As DateTime = Now() \t\t\t Dim strNow As String = datNow.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss") \t\t\t Dim myConnection As String = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString") \t\t\t strSQL = "SELECT page1 FROM table WHERE customer_id = '" & CustID & "';" \t\t\t Dim con As New MySqlConnection(myConnection) \t\t\t Dim cmd As New MySqlCommand(strSQL, con) \t\t\t con.Open() \t\t\t Dim reader As MySqlDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader() \t\t\t Do While reader.Read() \t\t\t\t\t Dim page1 As String = reader("page1") \t\t\t Loop \t\t\t If page1 Is "n" Then...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with db connection

I have the following code in the Page_Load that populates a state code drop-down list an dfor some strange reason, the first time I open the page, I get the following error, but if I try a second time it works fine, but the database connection never gets dropped. I look at the server and the connection stays there even after I close the page. SubPage_Load(SenderAsObject,EAsEventArgs) lblMsg.Text="PleaseenteranSISIDandpressOK" IfNotIsPostBackThen '\t\tPopulatethestatecodedrop-down DimmyConn1AsNewAseConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("survey")) DimmyCmd1AsNewAseCommand("selectstate_code,short_descfromtms_statesorderbystate_codeasc",myConn1) myConn1.Open() DimmyReader1AsAseDataReader=myCmd1.ExecuteReader() ddStateCode.DataSource=myReader1 ddStateCode.DataTextField="state_code" ddStateCode.DataValueField="state_code" ddStateCode.DataBind() myConn1.Close() myReader1.Close() ddStateCode.Items.Insert(0,NewListItem("","")) EndIf EndSub Client unable to establish a connection Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseException: Client unable to establish a connection Source Error: Line 14: Dim myConn1 As New AseConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("survey")) Line 15: Dim myCmd1 As New AseCommand("select state_code, short_desc from tms_states order by state_code asc", myConn1) Line 16: myConn1.Open() Line 17: Dim myReader1 As AseDataReader = myCmd1.ExecuteReader() Line 18: ddStateCode.DataSource = myReader1 Source File: D:\dotNETstuff\Outcome Survey\SurveyForm.aspx Line: 16 Stack Trace: [AseException: Client unable to establish a connection] Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.Open() +637 ASP.SurveyForm_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) in D:\dotNETstuff\Outcome Survey\SurveyForm.aspx:16 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +55 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +27 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle' provider is not registered on the local machine

I have installed the IIS on my loacl server and the database on another server(oracle- Installed the client software) when open the connection i am getting this following error "System.InvalidOperationException: The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle' provider is not registered on the local machine. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at HomePage.GetServerList() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Migration\HomePage.aspx.cs:line 76" suppose i am using in filesystem i can to acces the database.when going to IIS then only i go this error. Can anyone give me solution.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Value in Excel range.

Hi friend : I'm KT . I'm use ASP.net(on VB.net)and use Excel for database. I want to know values on range of Excel, please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connector/NET of ASP.NET & MySQL

I'm using Connector/NET to connect to MySQL from ASP.NET 2.0. But the problem is my hosting server only support ODBC connector and I don't want to use it. Is there any solution, such as importing the driver to the application or anything else
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-12704

, I am using a oraclecommandtype=store procedure but when I try to select my store procedure I get this message "ORA-12704:Character set mismatch"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Inserting data to a Oracle database

, I am new in Visual Studio.Net with C# programming. I not familiar with the data control to insert data to a table. Can someone walk me through. I need to insert data that is input through out a window into a table.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Updating using Oracle

Imports System.Data.OracleClient Dim OraCON As New OracleConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("Oraconn").ConnectionString) Dim OUTcmd As New OracleCommand("UPDATE Login_status SET date_out = sysdate WHERE date_out IS NULL AND date_visit=(SELECT MAX(date_visit) from login_status where id_number='" & Session("IDnumber")& "')", OraCON) OraCON.Open() OUTcmd.ExecuteNonQuery() OraCON.Close() My Question is, is this the right way of updating a record without using the SQLdatasource, or are there any alternatives scripts/codesI could use
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connection to Sybase IQ from dotnet

HI, Has anyone tried conneting to sybase IQ from VB.net I have tried connecting to ASE and it is working fine but I want to connect to the IQ server also.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connectivity to sybase from ASP application

oRs.Source = "insert into eRequestState (CurrentSQL) values('" & Replace(sSql, "'", "''") & "')" & ";select @@identity" When we run theabove piece of codewhichis written invb components from ASP application using Sybase database connectivity we are getting the following errror: ERROR: =========== Description: [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near ';'. Native Error: #102 Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers SQL State:42000 Environment:Windows 2000 Professional,.NET Framework 1.1 ,vb 6.0 Can you pls provide a soultion on the same.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with configuring a data source

I posted this in the Visual Web Developer forum first but got no response....I think this may be a better place to put it. I hope someone knows the answer to this as I am pretty much out of ideas. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am just learning asp.net so I am not sure if this question will have an obvious answer or not...hopefully it will as I'd rather feel stupid than bestuck on this anymore. I have two databases that started out as Access databases andwere converted to mysql databases. One of these databases is my own that I basically put together as a temporary solution and one of them is a sample database from a book I have. For some reason when I create a data source using the database for the book it lets me create a sql statement with exactly which columns I want from a table...but when I try to do the same thing with my own database it only lets me select all columns. When I try to select all columns frommy database it gives me a sql error. I was just wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with my database that is making it behave like this..I'm sure it is my error somewhere since the sample database works fine but I can't figure out where I went wrong. Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated as this is basically the biggest roadblock left for me and I have been stuck on this for quite some time now. If you need to see the databases to figure out what is wrong I would be more than happy to send them.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Paging via Oracle

, \t I come from a MS SQL Server background and always used paging in a stored procedure described here. Now I want to do the same with a stored procedure in Oracle - However I am already failing when I try to create a temp table. Here is what I started with. Can anybody help me to complete this please PROCEDURE GetSales1 (OutputCursor OUT SYS_REFCURSOR, StartDate in varchar2,EndDate in varchar2) as BEGIN --Create a temporary table CREATE temporary TABLE TempItems ( ID int IDENTITY, Name varchar(50), Price currency ) END GetSales1;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how "register" MySQL .net connector?

! I'm trying to use the MySQL .net connector to connect to a MySQL database, however, the line: fails: The type or namespace name 'MySql' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference) I guess I have to register the MySQL.net connector with the .NET environment in some way, but how do I do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you call oracle stored procedure w/ OLEDB?

I'm new to ASP.NET, and I'm having a hell of a time finding out how to call an Oracle stored procedure. I have been able to run my SQL directly in my ASP code, but now I want to take the next step. I've been using OLEDB to connect to an Oracle9i DB. Would someone please post some ASP.NET code showing how an Oracle procedure is called VB peferred, all I can find is C# and I don't even wanna look at that yet. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

'{MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}' provider is not registered

G'day, No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154). The '{MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}' provider is not registered on the local machine is the the basis of my error essage despite having installed it (twice). Am I missing something There are so many potential pitfalls that I'd love to see a real simple example of working code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MySql Date Comparison?

Hi all, How can I get the fields where dateField = this; For example select * from tbl_customers where DOB=11/21/1980; Is this a valid way to compare the dates.I'm getting the EOF. Thanking in anticipation. M.Shahzad
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ExecuteNonQuery

Now I'm running into a little problem. Using MS Oracle Provider, ExecuteNonQuery suppose to return an int indicate how many records were effected by a command. Now, I have a stored procedure that executes an update command update a single record given it's key. I passed in a key that doesn't exist in the table, shouldn't ExecuteNonQuery return a 0 right now for some reason I'm getting a 1. anybody knows why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

mySQL 5.0 - release dates?

Hi . Seeing that the alpha version of mySQL 5.0 is out (http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-5.0.html) I'm just wondering if anyone knows when they plan to release the beta version and when they plan to release (finally) the stable (non Beta) version I've looked at mySQL's roadmaps but they don't mention dates (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Roadmap.html) Cheers Andrew
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Multiple statement SQL calls

I'm having trouble sending a multi-statement SQL procedure to my MySQL server. The following is the statements I'm sending: SET @UserName := ; SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserName = @UserName; And here is my error message: ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.13]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '; SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserName = @UserName' at line 1 This happens whenever I have more than one statement in my procedures. Does anyone else have this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Precautions for converting a table field from long to clob

Hi , I am more of a C/C++ guy and relatively amateur in oracle. I have to update a table field from "Long" to "CLOB". I have planned to do a simple alter table, and as far as I know there won't be any issues. Queries: 1. Although I have triple checked, is there any scenario under which there can be any data loss during the data type change The data is very critical and no data loss can be entertained. 2. Is there any easy way to update all the related views without having to do so manually 3. Any particular precautions I should take before introducing the change
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Problem with Parsing Name & Address, please help

I intend to write procedures/functions in PL/SQL to parse Name field into various fields : Title, FirstName, MiddleName, LastName, Gender E.g: Nguyen Van A Nguyen Thi B After parsing, the result will be shown as: Title FirstName MiddleName LastName Gender Mr Nguyen Van A Male Ms Nguyen Thi B Female I supposed that Title & Gender are realized through MiddleName field. If MiddleName's values in (Thi, Dieu) then Title is assigned as Ms, and Gender = "F". Otherwise, Title = "Mr", and Gender = "M". 2/ Another procedure/function is ParseAddress with the requirement as: Address field is divided into Street, Group, Area, Ward, County fields E.g.: No 6 Sum Street - Group 8 - Area 2 - ABCD Ward - London The result: Street Group Area Ward County No 6 Sum Street Group 8 Area 2 ABCD London I have tried coding by Visual Basic, it is OK. But if I interpret to PL/SQL -> it doesn't work. Please give me insructions. Thank you very much for your support! Kind regards!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

Problem coding select in multiple tables

I am working on the following SQL select and I am having a mental block on how to get it fixed. I have two tables that I need to match on the codes in each table. If there is a just one record in Table1 with the same code as one record in table2 and both the date and name match then dont output those two records. Output all records if there are more than 1 record with the same code in each table. Below is some example data that is representive of a sample in the two tables and how the output should look based on that data: Table1 code date name aaaa 1/1/2003 billy bob bbbb 2/2/2004 louis lewis cccc 3/3/2005 joe crab dddd 4/4/2006 mary little eeee 5/5/2007 joe black Table2 code date name aaaa 2/2/2004 larry cole aaaa 3/3/2005 nat king bbbb 2/2/2004 louis lewis cccc 3/3/2005 joe crab cccc 6/6/2008 dennis jackson dddd 7/7/2009 missy muffet dddd 5/5/2007 joe black eeee 8/8/2010 elton rocket deed output results from select aaaa 1/1/2003 billy bob aaaa 2/2/2004 larry cole aaaa 1/1/2003 billy bob aaaa 3/3/2005 nat king cccc 3/3/2005 joe crab cccc 3/3/2005 joe crab cccc 3/3/2005 joe crab cccc 6/6/2008 dennis jackson dddd 4/4/2006 mary little dddd 7/7/2009 missy muffet dddd 4/4/2006 mary little dddd 7/7/2009 missy muffet eeee 5/5/2007 joe black eeee 8/8/2010 elton rocket Here is the select that I have so far: select table1.rowid, table1_code, table1_date, table1_name, table2.rowid, table2_code, table2_date, table2_name from table1, table2 where table1_code= table2_code order by table1_code; The above select gives me all records just fine, but does not eliminate single records that match. I tried using the Count(table1_code) > 1 and table2 code but I get a message about inproper grouping.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!