ORacle9i on SOLARIS 9: Same CD's?

Guys,

we've just received our new db-test server, and it is preinstalled with Solaris 9. On the installation CD's of Oracle I only see Solaris 8, can I use these or do I need a new package of installation CD's

Posted On: Friday 16th of November 2012 03:04:30 AM Total Views:  315
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

oracle9i or 10g DB

hi we want to upgrade our 8i database,but dont know which one to go for 9.2.0.4 or 10.1 G database I mean moving our db setup as 8 is desupported now application is wireless based so it will be running 24 * 7 with no downtime. i request u to please tell me which one to go for.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 1st November 2012
View Replies!

sending mail with attachment oracle9i

any one test sending mail with attachment using java stored procedure under oracle9i. can any one help me plz
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 1st November 2012
View Replies!

oracle9ias with tibco

Hi Has anybody integrated oracle9ias with tibco..I know that oracle 9ias works with tibco..but was interested in knowing wheather we can install oracle9ias with tibco on the same machine regards Hrishy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

oracle10g versus oracle9i

! Is there any reason i should no use oracle10g in production Some say its too fresh Egon
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

oracle9i on Winxp need to regenerate the oracle configuration file.error- ORA-12154.

I'm a new user to Oracle. when I tried to execute my code in ASP I got an error and after googleing I found that I need to regenerate the oracle configuration files to fix the error. The follwing is the error I got Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D) [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154 My operating system is Winxp and Oracle version is 9i. any one plz tell me the procedure to regenerate the congiguration files.and I request U for U'r suggessions to fix the above error.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

oracle9i

I am trying to connect to a 9i database sqlplus system/\t\t@ETS9i as sysdba but this is not right how do I connect in order to bounce the db.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Connection with oracle9i

\t I am using WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL SP 2. I AM WORKING IN ASP.NET PROJECT USING VISUAL STUDIO.NET 2003. I use the scripting language c#. I USE THE DATABASE ORACLE9I. HOW I CONNECT WITH ORACLE9I DATABASE please suggest me .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

how to store date format text into oracle9i

hi frnds i am using vs2005,asp.net,vb.net code,oracle9i database Please help me in this query.... in my webform i am having a textbox.... now the textbox value is in date format(dd-mm-yyyy),this value should be stored in my oracle database table,whicxh is having a field with date type..... please help me out soon... very urgent..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

unable to extract records in dataset from database, i am using oracle9i database and C#

using following code to extarct records ,there is no problem in the code but still the records can't be extracted in data set \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) \t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t { \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Con = new OracleConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["connectionString"]); \tstring Query="SELECT SERAILNO,PORTS,IPADDRESS,MODULE,M_SERIALNO,PLACEMENT,SITE,CITY,REMARKS FROM COMSWITCH\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t where CITY='NewYork'"; \tCon.Open(); \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t DataSet objdataset=new DataSet(); \tOracleDataAdapter objadapter=new OracleDataAdapter(Query,Con); \tobjadapter.Fill(objdataset,"COMSWITCH"); \tDataView objdataview=new DataView(objdataset.Tables["COMSWITCH"]); \tResultList.DataSource=objdataview; \t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t ResultList.DataBind(); \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

oracle9i document

hi can you please help me to find out a site where i can get get good documentation for oracle9i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

passed oracle9i exam

I just wanna share my experience with you , recently I purchased the oracle9i study guide,Used along with oracle 9i study book. Passed test easily! . I have tried the other two popular ones(cheet sheet,troy) and have bad luck.I suggest to students study guide. Use it with a good study book,I assure that you pass easily!. I have always received quality products from , Thank you to there Team
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

where to download oracle9i Migration workbench ?

all.. Where can i download ORacle 9i Migration workbench ...i cant see it on ORacle site.. i see is 10g migration software.. Any URL will help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

oracle9iAS Porta

Hii any one know oracle9iAS Portal software download on windows2000 with oracle9i. I want exact URL. plsss soon
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle9i ora-07445 error

I install oracle9i in RedHat7.1 ,but every time i start oracle instance ,I can find a lot of error messages like : " Errors in file /work/oracle/9i/admin/olapp/udump/ora_23517.trc: ORA-07445: core dump [zllcini()+186] [SIGSEGV] [Address not mapped to o bject] [0xC] [] [] ". And after about a few hours later ,the system halt and i have to restart server. Anyone can help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle9i OLAP - MS SQL OLAP

we are building data warehouse and we need to decide paltform. we need all OLAP functionality and ad-hoc reporting. Does any body has used oracle 9i OLAP, how easy and how flxible and how relaible it is to use it Will you please share your experience
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle9i startup failure with ORA-00081

I had no problem in starting my Oracle9i server at the redhat LH7.2 server in GNOME. But we moved the server to another location. I logged in via SSH but failed in getting Oracle started... Any guru can throw a light for me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

converting from oracle9i to 10G

i have an asp site working with oracle 9.2 with oracle data provider (oracle.dataaccess.dll) now i want to upgrade to oracle 10g i have oracle 10g installed ODAC installed i Have my database working on 10g and can connect thought SQLPlus but if i try to connect with my asp app it show as error ORA-12154:TNS:could notresolveservice name what else do i need to do to connect to 10g from my app
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance problems on oracle9i

Hi We have recently moved from Oracle8i to Oracle9i. And we are encountering some problems in database performance. We had few jobs on oracle8i which used run in 2 hrs are now taking almost 9-10 hrs. Can anyone advice me on how to approach or the best way to address this problem. Iam confused and don't really know where to start. If anyone of you faced simillar problems or can guide me to some good documentation, I would be really glad.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Performance degrade after migrate from oracle8i to oracle9i

RDBMS Version: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production Operating System and Version: Windows 2003 Performance degrade after migration from oracle8i I have shifted database from oracle 8i to 9i thru export and import. I also ran gather stats thru command execute dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname => 'username',estimate_percent=> 33,cascade => TRUE,degree => 4); The database ran two days perfectly. On third evening database performance degraded drastically. I check buffer hit and cached hit, which were above 99%. Then I ran gather stats again and performance restored. Now fourth evening database performance down again so I ran gather stats and database start performing. Any idea where things are wrong...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle9i upgrade

I am trying to upgrade oracle9i on solaris 2.6 to the latest version I believe I need to run the script u0900010.sql but I have tried to find it on metalink were can I find the upgarde script.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!