Oracle Text Clustering

I have to implement Oracle Text Clustering and am wondering if there is anyone that has done that. I am finding limited documentation up on the Oracle Technology Network as well as Metalink. What I find is just addressing the basic setup and the packages that are being used. I am going to have cluster keywords from multiple columns as well as external full-text documents.

Posted On: Friday 16th of November 2012 03:13:13 AM Total Views:  355
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

sqlldr .txt to oracle table

dear all: I face such issue: user upload the .txt from different platform server to my database server, the text file include columns name , how can I write the sqlldr control file : unsqlldr the columns name just as the first row and the fields seperate by tab . B
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

SDE oracle error

I am receiving the following error when attempting to run the sdelayer command with the load_only_io switch. Error: Underlying DBMS error (-51). Error: Setting Layer to LOAD-ONLY mode. ORACLE error: code is 3114, func is OOPEN ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE Can anyone give me some direction on what could be causing the error
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Restore oracle software

What is the general recovery strategy if the disk on which oracle software is installed is damaged Is it better to re-install oracle, or to restore from the file system backup I would think restoring from the file system backup is faster, since having the Oracle install cd and all the patches applied after readily available is not easy. Will that work though
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

requirements for becoming oracle applications DBA

Hi Can any one suggest what all is needed to be dones/studied etc for becomeing oracle applications DBA if one is already a oracle DBA.. i guess this topic might be of interest to many people..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Request on oracle 9.2.0.8 version software and installation on solaris 10

Hi all this is venkat from bangalore, i need small help from any one i want to install Oracle 9.2.0.8 on Sun solaris 10 ( Sun fire V210),plz let me know whether 9.2.0.8 release available or not or any other version we have to install and then we have to upgrade it with any patches. becas i downloaded Oracle 9.2.0.1 from Oracle site, how to upgrade this to 9.2.0.8 release plz kindly help me out, its most urgent this is my mail id m.venkatakumar@yahoo.com with regards venkat
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

release date for oracle7.3

Can some one please tell me the release date for Oracle7.3 on any platform - NT/Solaris...Unix\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reinstalling oracle 8.1.7

I'm planning to reinstall oracle 8.1.7 into another oracle home so I can apply the oracle 8.1.7.4 patch to 1 database at at time. I vaguely remember reading something about making a change in the oraInst.loc. Can you explain what the change to this file is and if it is necessary for a reinstallation.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

re: getting oracle to recognize multiple directories

hi! , How would one get oracle to recognize multiple directories "to run file from one directory " which internallly calls "file from another directory" Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

prob of loading oracle 7.3.4 in SCO unix 5.04

I have some problems regarding the loading of oracle in SCO UNIX 5.04 . I would be very oblized if you can kindly advice. I am trying to load oracle 7.3.4 in SCO UNIX 5.04 . I have loaded the enterprice & Development version for this purpose. I have also loaded the Patch oss61a.tar before loading However the Oracle while loading is showing lonking error, oracle executable not made . then i tried to load oracle first then to link it after wards . When I am trying to link the oracle . The system is showuing a mesg ' failed to create unix.prd I feel the prob is due to a patch . I would be very grateful if you can kindly advice for the installation of oracle.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

pro*c migration from oracle 8 to 10g also

Hi Please let me know how to convert pro*c programs in oracle 8 into oracle 10g environment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

please post (oracle 11g) 11.1.0.6.0 listener.ora and sql.ora, tnsnames.ora files

could one please post me the Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 listener.ora and sql.ora, tnsnames.ora files. ( all *.ora files) I have lost all my *.ora files. and listener is not up.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PHP oracle OCI connect to Oracle 7

Hi I'm writing a php script that connects to a Oracle 7 database using OCI. The login is successful, the function OCIServerVersion() returns the server version text correctly But when I perform a select statement, the data fetch is corrupted for example "\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance problems on oracle9i

Hi We have recently moved from Oracle8i to Oracle9i. And we are encountering some problems in database performance. We had few jobs on oracle8i which used run in 2 hrs are now taking almost 9-10 hrs. Can anyone advice me on how to approach or the best way to address this problem. Iam confused and don't really know where to start. If anyone of you faced simillar problems or can guide me to some good documentation, I would be really glad.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance issue when import data from a text file to oracle

Dear all, I encountered the following problem when I try to import data from text file to oracle in web interface. -- I use java program to read the text file and dynamically generate the "insert" statement line by line to import the data to an oracle table. There are about 12,000 records in the text file, and it will take about 1 hour to import all the records. May I know is the performance issue because of "dynamically generate the statement" or "the configuration of my oracle database" And how can I resolve it. Any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance degrade after migrate from oracle8i to oracle9i

RDBMS Version: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production Operating System and Version: Windows 2003 Performance degrade after migration from oracle8i I have shifted database from oracle 8i to 9i thru export and import. I also ran gather stats thru command execute dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname => 'username',estimate_percent=> 33,cascade => TRUE,degree => 4); The database ran two days perfectly. On third evening database performance degraded drastically. I check buffer hit and cached hit, which were above 99%. Then I ran gather stats again and performance restored. Now fourth evening database performance down again so I ran gather stats and database start performing. Any idea where things are wrong...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle9i upgrade

I am trying to upgrade oracle9i on solaris 2.6 to the latest version I believe I need to run the script u0900010.sql but I have tried to find it on metalink were can I find the upgarde script.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle9i environment on windows XP

Why do I have to set the environment from the DOS prompt when trying to install Oracle Patch 5059614 The Operating System is XP, Oracle version is 9.2.0.1. My oracle home is c:\oracle\ora92 and my OPatch directory is locate at root directory of the c drive. What can be done to fix this, so I wont have to keep setting the the oracle home environment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle9i database performance

Hi all, we are having oracle9i on linux 7.o OS we are also running apache server on same system. we are having around 10 schemas ...which are configured for websites. Oracle database hangs after some hits are reached on web sites... and forces administrator to restart the machine.. all the database initial settings are by default as available when 9i is initially installed. we have not modified any init.ora parameters.. can anyone throw me light regarding performance settings which are to be configured..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle8i to 9i

Hiii,I need to export database(abc) from oracle8i(8.0.5) to oracle9i. I like to use copy method export. After moving Database,I need to add some null columns in new db.So any problem because now it contains data For moving Db which one is better as mention above but o/s is sunsolaris both versions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle's local login

I have 2 users: oracle (dba) user and other (staff) user which has permission on Oracle What happens is that when login to local schema as oracle user for sqlplus, for example, do not need to attach SID; e.g. sqlplus user/passw but for the other user I have; e.g. sqlplus user/passw@sid the ENV vars are set up correctly for the staff user, listener is up so what could be the problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!