Oracle 11g File watcher issue

Hi

Have been reading almost every thread there is on this subject and also tried proposed solutions but still I'm stuck.

I have a File watcher created, using a Credential, that normally would trigger a job through the event created.
In short this is what we have:

Linux 2.6.18, x86_64 (times 3)
pam links created in lib64
Oracle 11g r2

jssu verifed by manually su from root to Ora-user, then using the file watcher credential (user/pwd) and I get my ls or echo things done (providing wrong pwd give those dummy chars => seems ok)
I also verify in the Linux Audit log that there is an exe='...../jssu' run with res = 'success', this is to me an indication of the Job Schedule SU to Credential works ok (account in the audit log is the name of credential)
I've even tried putting the credential in the wheel group so that credential should have no problem reading the directories/file needed (also verified by su to cred and accessing relevant dirs/files)
Now, the job is never triggered at all (no record in job_log nor job_run_detail tables)
The program (having metadata_argument created) is referring a Stored procedure, and all objects are enabled.

As with the Audit log, I also see traces in Ora trace files ( 'USER_FILEWATCHER', directory_path => '/home//bs/in', file_name => '*', credential_name => '', destination => NULL, enabled => FALSE ); END; / BEGIN DBMS_SCHEDULER.create_program( program_name => 'USER_NEW_FILE', program_type => 'STORED_PROCEDURE', program_action => 'user_l_load.new_file', number_of_arguments => 1, enabled => FALSE ); END; / BEGIN DBMS_SCHEDULER.define_metadata_argument( program_name => 'USER_NEW_FILE', metadata_attribute => 'event_message', argument_position => 1 ); END; / BEGIN DBMS_SCHEDULER.create_job( job_name => 'USER_FILE_JOB', program_name => 'USER_NEW_FILE', event_condition => 'tab.user_data.file_size > 0', queue_spec => 'USER_FILEWATCHER', auto_drop => FALSE, enabled => FALSE ); END; / BEGIN dbms_scheduler.ENABLE('USER_FILEWATCHER'); dbms_scheduler.ENABLE('USER_NEW_FILE'); dbms_scheduler.ENABLE('USER_FILE_JOB'); END; /

Right now, I'm out of ideas on how to test/verify more...
Anhyone have a clue on what might casue this

/R
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:48:29 AM Total Views:  265
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

reorganize system tablespace

Dear Sir, Can anybody list out the procedure involved in reorganizing the tables in system tablespace in oracle8.1.7.0.0 for windows advanced server 2000.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

RMAN question

Dear members I have an rman script with the following command: {..... setlimit channel chan1 kbytes 209150 readrate 28; } How do they arrive at the number 209150\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Script

Xperts , I need to get 2 SQL : 1. Find all the locked objects in DB , Information required is Object Name , UserName , Session ID , OS User , Executable File . 2. The Script to generate all the FUNCTION , PROCEDURE and PACKAGE in DB . MY DB is Oracl7.3.3 on WinNT4.0
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connect Calendar Control to MYSQL database

I'm trying to connect a calendar to Mysql I have it so that if you select a date,it will write to the database. However I what to be able to show dates in the calendar that have already been booked out on the calendar-thus connect to the database and block off or show dates that are in the database in another colour. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RAC problem

, I upgraded Oracle to 10.1.0.5 from 10.1.0.4. The second instance does not seem to be accepting any connections. I login to server and run sql> select * from v$instance This returns the correct instance number, namely, 2 in this case. However, I login from a client (sql*plus/toad) using tnsnames.ora, which has an entry for the second node, and then query v$instance; it shows instance number 1 ! This is really strange to say the least. Also, if I query gv$instance, I get two records, with correct details. CRS is running, nodeapps are running on both instances properly. I anyone can give a solution, I would be very grateful!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Question about Checkpoint not complete

I have a rac environment with two nodes.The database version is 10.2.0.1. I am seeing checkpoint not complete in my alert.log quite frequently. I had 4 redo groups with two members in each group of size 50mb.My database is in archive mode. After seeing this message i have added 4 new groups with size 150mb. The message went away for some time but it appears again. I want to get the suggestion do i need to drop the 4 groups which were having small redo logfile of size 50mb. I was reading abot archive_lag_target parameter do i need to set this parameter or what should i do in order to correct this warning in the alert.log.This is happening on production system.Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

query run slow -bad query

I created an index on a table as a result turned out to be hero just destroying the run time of some processes to next to nothing. Now that index is whacking another query. Where previously the query ran in seconds it takes 10 mins as it uses the new index as opposed to a FFS. stats are current. Funnt thing is with the inded the cost is lower for the problem query yet it still runs like a dog. Gory details attached. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Queries going slow!Slow Response Time!

HI all! Queries suddenly going slow! Experiencing slow response time! Please forward your suggestions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problems with MTS and Oracle

Hi all, who know problems with MTS (Microsoft Transaction Server) and Oracle, specialy with Update statements
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem with fragmentation

Hi Some of my tablespaces are very badly fragmented. I did 'alter tablespace ts_name coalese', but this seems to be making only a small improvement. I had table partitions and their index partitions on these tables. When the structure needed to be changed, I dropeed the table, took offline the datafiles, dropped the tablespaces and then removed the datafiles at os level. I again created symbolic links between raw partitions and the datafiles and then recreated the entire tablespace/tables/indexes with the new structure. But, for some reason the newly created tablespaces are all fragmented. Does anyone know why and help to get over with this fragmentation my INITIAL and NEXT are sized equally and are 12M
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem to launch RMAN

! When i try to launch RMAN (in HP-UX) i obtain this errors: /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla01_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimalolat_p' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla02_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla03_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimlat_p' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla04_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla05_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla06_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla07_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla08_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla09_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla10_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla11_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'kglsimla12_' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'kglsim_cln' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol 'kglsim_cln' in load module '/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/bin/rman'. What are the problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Primary Database Setting - Standby Database

Hi , I have problem to startup the primary database for my standby database setup. Both Primary and Standby are the same host. Primary - initmydb.ora log_archive_start = true log_archive_format = %%ORACLE_SID%%T%TS%S.ARC log_archive_dest_1="d:\oracle\oradata\mydb\archive\" log_archive_dest_state_1=ENABLE log_archive_dest_2="SERVICE=STBY MANDATORY REOPEN=30" log_archive_dest_state_2=ENABLE Standby - initstby.ora log_archive_start = true log_archive_format = %%ORACLE_SID%%T%TS%S.ARC standby_archive_dest="d:\oracle\oradata\stby\archive" db_file_name_convert="d:\oracle\oradata\mydb","d:\oracle\oradata\stby" log_file_name_convert="d:\oracle\oradata\mydb\archive","d:\oracle\oradata\stby\archive" lock_name_space=STBY I can managed to startup the secondary with nomount mode and startby database successfully but not the primary database. I have following error message when I start primary DB : SQL> startup pfile=d:\oracle\admin\mydb\pfile\initmydb.ora LRM-00101: unknown parameter name 'SERVICE' LRM-00101: unknown parameter name 'SERVICE' LRM-00111: no closing quote for value '30" log_ar' ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PGA Memory Leak detected?

Whats a PGA Memory leak I issued a shutdown immediate for an 8.1.7 db running on Win2K. It shutdown cleanly (or appeared to) and the sys admins resarted it by rebooting the server (the services and Db autostart). Looking at the alert file, as the Db shutdown there was an ORA-00600: internal error code. This generated a trace file: sidRECO with the error PGA memory leak detected 7164 > 3544 Anyone have any idea whats going on here, because I don't
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

partitioning an existing table

I want to partition an existing non-partitioned table. Can I do this without recreating the table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

parallel server on unix

Does anybody know where to find the best doc for creating and managing parallel server database on unix Thank you in advance!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Output FGA to OS

audit_trail can be set to use OS as an output. Any option for FGA to use OS as an output I'm on oracle9i.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle9.2.0.1 Problem

Hi! I'm new to this forum and this is my first Q .. I installed Oracle9.2 on WinXP. I started Listener and DB services in Windows Services. Their status is STARTED. But when i start Listener manually, i get the following errors. ------------------- LSNRCTL> start listener Starting tnslsnr: please wait... Service OracleOraHome92TNSListener already running. TNS-12560: TNSrotocol adapter error TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error 32-bit Windows Error: 1056: Unknown error ---------------------------- # LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: J:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\listener.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. LISTENER = (DESCRIPTION_LIST = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.100.2)(PORT = 1521)) ) (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0)) ) ) ) SID_LIST_LISTENER = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc) (ORACLE_HOME = J:\Oracle\ora92) (PROGRAM = extproc) ) (SID_DESC = (GLOBAL_DBNAME = COMPANY) (ORACLE_HOME = J:\Oracle\ora92) (SID_NAME = COMPANY) ) ) ------------------------------------------------------ # TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: J:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. INST1_HTTP = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.100.2)(PORT = 1534)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = SHARED) (SERVICE_NAME = MODOSE) (PRESENTATION = http://HRService) ) ) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = PLSExtProc) (PRESENTATION = RO) ) ) COMPANY = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.100.2)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = COMPANY) ) ) ---------------------------------------- # SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: J:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\sqlnet.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools. SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME) ---------------------------- i attached above the config. files of my Oracle 9.2.0.1 I get TNS - 12560 error when i try to login using scott/tiger in SQLPlus. I searched the forums and internet and couldn't find any solution.. Can anyone help me with this error or anyone guide me to a clean installation on XP for Oracle9.2.. I've Java1.5, Eclipse 3.3, Tomcat 6.0 also installed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle System Privilege - Administer Security

Can anyone tell me what this privilege is and better yet where there might be some documentation on this privilege. I have searched the web and Oracle documentation for both 9i and 10G and can't find any reference to it other than the name.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle streams possibilities

I have 4 tables from a source database. Each table has 20 columns. I have 4 tables from a source database. Each table has 20 columns. Using Oracle Streams, I would like to take 10 columns from each table and use Oracle Streams to be able to populate those columns into a target database. But in the target database, I would like to join all those columns from the 4 tables (taken from the source database) and make them into one single table in the target database. Is this possible using streams If not what alternative do I have I would also like to have the ability to modify,update,delete data from this new table in the target database. Tee
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

connecting to oracle using UDL file

Hi , I want to test the connection to Oracle database using UDL file. How can I do that. below is my connection string that I am using to connect to Oracle database in asp.net application. How can I acheive the connection testing using the UDL file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

OCIEnvCreate failed with return code -1

Hi: I'm using VS 2005, Oracle 11g and Application Server is VS2008. I've updated oracle clinet in the server since then getting error: OCIEnvCreate failed with return code -1; when try to pull data from oracle. Please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

The Ole Db provider "MSDAORA" has not been registered

Hi all, I had fun going on working with Oracle on Windows 7 64 bit which is my development machine. I figured out some alternatives, but now I am trying to add Oracle linked server on Windows 2008 Server machine. I am running Sql Server 2008. I have Oracle client 8i I can add linked server and map logins to it but when I try to test the connection I get this error. The Ole Db provider "MSDAORA" has not been registered. Sql Server Error 7403. I can see it in the Linked Server Provider Strings in the drop down too. Please help,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

pass value into stored procedure

this is my form :- var a=conn.getData2();//getting the value from a global class conn.cs OracleConnection con = conn.s(); OracleCommand oc = new OracleCommand("logedin(I need to pass the value here)", con); logedin is strored procedure :- create procedure logedin(user_id in int) as begin update user_details set status='logedin' where userid=user_id; end; the issue is very simple , i would lke to pass the value into the stored proc that was retrieved by the variable into the database.any suggestion how \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tree in SQL

How can do it in ORACLE SQL. I can not use PL/SQL http://forums.asp.net/p/1493909/3517882.aspx#3517882
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem with ORACLE Cursors

It is working perfectly .if first select statement return 5 rows finally we are getting 5 tables.. But same i tried in ORACLE ..But i am not get the result .. May be i am wrong with cursors .. I am finding the pb ..here cursors are not conistent ..but i declared only 3 cursors ..May be this one is the pb .. please any body help my pb..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transpose rows to columns ?

asdas I wanted to fetch the rows as columns in mysql. Same as the MAX(DECODE()) in oracle. The requirement is I have a table like this , considering a student database Name\t\t Subject\t marks Nideesh Maths\t\t\t 80 Nideesh physics\t\t 70 Nideesh Biology\t\t85 suresh\t Maths\t\t\t 82 suresh\t physics\t\t 83 suresh\t Chemis \t 84 I want the result set to be Name\t\t Maths\t Physics\t Biology\t Chemistry Nideesh 80\t\t\t\t 70\t\t\t\t\t 85\t\t\t\t null suresh\t 82\t\t\t 83\t\t\t\t\t null\t\t\t 84 I took the students database for simplicity. Exact business requirement is different. d
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Godaddy.com and MySql.Data.dll problems.

I posted this on the 'Hosting Open Forums', but didn't get any answer so I'll try again here... I have a .NET 2.0 application that is hosted on Godaddy.com. When you setup your MySQL database, Godaddy supplies you with several connection strings, depending on the connector you wish to use (ODBC, OLEDB, and MySQL Connector .NET). Since they provide a connection string for Connector .NET, I assume this means I could use this connector to access MySQL, and from what I read, doing so would be preferable to using ODBC or OLEDB. I setup my page and plopped the MySql.Data.dll into my bin directory as suggested. Since Godaddy sets the trust level to medium on shared hosts, I got the following error (I've seen many people bring up this problem due to running under a medium trust level in .NET 2.0): System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers. So, I did some research and it was suggested that if you add [assembly:owPartiallyTrustedCallers] to AssemblyInfo.cs in the MySql Connector .NET source, recompile, then use the new .dll, the trust issue will be resolved. I did this and placed the new .dll in my /bin folder and although the original error went away, I now get the following error: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.SocketPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed For what it's worth, I am able to get the ODBC connector working (but intermittently 'lose connection during query' somewhat rarely, but enough to be a problem), but would prefer using the Connector .NET to access MySQL database. Anybody experience this and know what is going on, or how to fix this\t Is using the MySQL Connector .NET just not possible with Godaddy.com\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I am using the Microsoft.Data.Odbc .NETAddin to connect ODBCto IBM iseries DB2 I used the Odbc connection class OdbcConnection, command OdbcCommand and reader OdbcDataReader, just like with the SQL provider. I am creating a new sql command and executing readervia the same connection established. works fine 2 twise, by this i mean the entire operation, then again, then the third time I get: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." If I restart my service I get another two times, then it fails. So in the first two runs, many sql commands are created and executed and i save my data. Then all of a sudden, the third time it throws this. So it works to begin with I thought I may be pushing it with so many sql commands after one another, but i manage the objects i am using well\t\t\t\t\t please help someone its critical Dim conn As New OdbcConnection(myJob.myUser.DSNCONNSTR) Dim cmd As OdbcCommand Dim rdr As OdbcDataReader Try conn.Open() For Each obj As MyObject In myDataList cmd = conn.CreateCommand cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text cmd.CommandText = getOLineSQL(obj) 'create my sql on the fly based on properties of obj rdr = cmd.ExecuteReader If rdr.Read Then While rdr.Read 'save my data somewhere End While End If rdr.Close() Next Catch ex As Exception rdr = Nothing conn.Close() conn.Dispose() End Try 'kill connection conn.Close() conn.Dispose() Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to compile a c program to be an Oracle External Procedure using VS 2005?

Oracle has the ability to hook to a c dll using a technique called an external procedure. I'm trying to hook up to the sample extern.c program that comes with the oracle database. The sample is in c, but vs 2005 is a c++ compiler. So, how do I create a dll using a simple c program, keep it from doing "name mangling", so that it will hook to oracle. If you know how to set up a project to do this, please let me know!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Web.Config Connection string for a DB2 Database!

This is supposed to be a very simple thing but I just can't get this to work. My webservice connects to SQL server and Informix databases. Now I have added a DB2 database. My connection string is as below: then in my code: cnnDBString = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["DBConnect"]; DB2Connection cnnDB = new DBConnection(cnnDBString); I get an error when it hits the statement: cnnDB.Open(); What am I missing If I add port=60000, it errors out as well so I skipped port in the connection string.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Create Oracle SQLDataSource control in ASP.NET

I have VS2005 and installed ODP.NET and the Oracle Client. I defined an Oracle 10g database connection in web.config. I have an ASP:SqlDataSource control in a Gridview that gets a specific table. Getting data this way works just fine. I would like to move the ASP:SqlDataSourcecontrol portion into VB.NET In page load event, how do I dim my existing Oracle connection and how do I create the sqldatasource control for Oracle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SAP and .net?

Hi folks, New to the board and new to .net within the last 3/4 months, liking it a lot a learning a lot of things. One question i have been asked by the project manager of a system I'm building is about integration with SAP. We basically have a html webportal but which has .net and php capability, now I have 3/4 years PHP programming experience and I beleve there is some integration available between this and SAP, however since I'm trying to move to .net I want to explore .net solutions to SAP so is it possible, does anyone know My understanding off the requirement is that I will basically simply have to read information out of SAP, simple as that no updates/edits etc. Surely this can be done. Does sap run off oracle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MySQL 4.1 connection error

It's a socket error, this is what I'm getting A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied Eror Code: 10057 Socket Error Code: NotConnected Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal I have the MySql.Data dll in my bin directory Running both site and server on local machine code: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionconn; stringmyConnectionString; myConnectionString="server=127.0.0.1;uid=root;"+ "pwd=525252;database=test;"; try { conn=newMySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection(myConnectionString); conn.Open(); } catch(SocketExceptionex) { lblError.Text=ex.Message+"ErorCode:\t"+ex.ErrorCode+"SocketErrorCode:\t"+ex.SocketErrorCode+"Data:\t"+ex.Data; } catch(MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlExceptionex) { switch(ex.Number) { case0: lblError.Text="Cannotconnecttoserver.\tContactadministrator"; break; case1045: lblError.Text="Invalidusername/password,pleasetryagain"; break; } } any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle Insertion

HI - I am having a hard time just to insert the data into Oracle. I could insertthe the values if i hard code it. But when its coming fromwindows controls, iam doing some mistake in the syntax. Here is the code i currently have : columnValue1= UCase(cmbFINBR.SelectedItem) columnValue2 = txtFileName.Text columnValue3 = txtFileExt.Text columnValue4= comboBox1.SelectedItem INSERT INTO FILE_PROCESS VALUES(seq_fileprocseqnbr.nextval,'" + columnValue1 + "','" + columnValue2 + "',''' + columnValue3 + '''...) Appreciate your help. -P
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to display a TEXT field from MySQL in a DataGrid?

I'm asking: How do you get the text out of a text field in MySQL To be more sepcific: I have a table in my MySQL DB with 4 fields: id (int), uid (int), date (date), text (text) When I select everything from that table and try to display it in a DataGrid with the AutoGenerateColumns property set to true, it shows me all the all the data in the table except for the last column, the text one. I have also tried selecting a specific line record and getting the text out of it, (using ExecuteScalar method) but it returns an object that when I try to print it using obj.ToString(), shows 'System.Byte[]'. I guess I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it is. So I'm asking: How do you get the text out of a text field in MySQL
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle Connection Error

Hi Everyone I am trying to display a table on a datagrid using the following code. OracleDataAdapter1.Fill(DsFormstable1) dgrEmployeess.DataSource = DsFormstable1.Tables(0) But I am gettingfollowing error. Server Error in '/Testing' Application. System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Exception: System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater. Source Error: Line148:\t\t\t\t'da.Fill(ds) Line149:\t\t\t\t'dgrEmployeess.DataSource=ds.Tables(0) Line150:\t\t\t\tOracleDataAdapter1.Fill(DsFormstable1) Line151:\t\t\t\tdgrEmployeess.DataSource=DsFormstable1.Tables(0) Line152: Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Testing\WebForm7.aspx.vb \t Line: 150 Stack Trace: [Exception: System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater.] System.Data.OracleClient.DBObjectPool.GetObject(Object owningObject, Boolean& isInTransaction) System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(String encryptedConnectionString, OracleConnectionString options, OracleConnection owningObject, Boolean& isInTransaction) System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.OpenInternal(OracleConnectionString parsedConnectionString, Object transact) System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open() System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState) System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) Testing.WebForm7.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Testing\WebForm7.aspx.vb:150 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Uppercase check constraint

I have a field that i want to have a value of only M or F. I thought that this would work but I get uppercase is an invalid identifier. "UPPERCASE" is whats used in oracle isnt it gender VARCHAR2(1) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT gender_ck CHECK (gender IN UPPERCASE('m','f')), Tom
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

View Oracle SPs, FNs or Packages code in C#

Hi , I'm writing a utility similar to TOAD and would like the users to select SPs, FNs or Packages and be able to see their code. Is there a way to do this How does Toad or similar utilities do it Same thing with Tables, is there a way to find out which columns are Primary/Foreign keys Thank you in advance, Vlad
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I think that this is basic.....

But I am still struggling !!! I have built a section of code that works fine inside a click event of a form button to run a stored procedure, however, I want this to work inside a class that can be called on deman. However when I move this code into a public sub procedure of a class it fails when I try and open up a connection con.open etc. I can not understand the conection information is the same, does anyone have any ideas why this may operate diferently inside a class \t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Server Explorer and MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

I'm having problems creating a new connection in server explorer using this provider. On the 'Connection' tab it asks for '1. Enter a sever name'. Is there some specific format for this\t The server name is 'skynet'. The oracle service name is 'test.skynet'. I've tried the 'test.skynet', (which works in our web.config at runtime and sqlplus). I've also tried just the machine name 'skynet'. Neither works and returns a 'Could not resolve service name'.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MSSQL vs. MySQL

Does anyone know which is better performance wise I have always thought MSSQL was generally better in terms of speed, scalability, and stability, until I found out that MySQL MaxDB supports a lot of new features including stored procedures/triggers + I saw this graph(s): http://www.eweek.com/slideshow/0,3670,s=1590&a=23120&po=1&i=1,00.asp And since I'm on this topic of performance, what do you think is the best server (IIS, Apache) I would appreciate your 2 cents.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Remove Time portion of date field

Good Day Folks, I'm displaying a date field from an Oracle table in a datagrid with the following template. Does anyone know which date/time formatting string would remove the time portion of the field
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Storage Limit of a DataSet

I'm using an Oracle Store Procedure for retrieve a set of records, each record has near of 14 fields, some of then are of varchar2(200) type, I run from ASP.NET the Store Procedure with the OracleDataAdapter object and I use the Fill method to populate a DataSet, when I try to display the results in a DataGrid it doesn't show anything, I remove one field of my Store Procedure and then it works fine, has DataSet a storage limit \t what can I do \t Thank you !
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

inserting a date

How in gods name do I insert a date into MySQL. If I try to insert "11/10/2003" , European, it inserts it in "2003-11-10" format. If i insert "31/10/2003", it inserts "0000-00-00". Whats happening \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

I am getting this error, which typically means that the user name and/or password is wrong, however this is not the case. I am using the OracleConnection object and i can hit the DB and open a connection from the server, so what are the possible causes for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dynamic pivoting

, I am hoping to get some help on a view which needs to be pivoted, I am not sure though. View is in following format: Case CASE_ORDER MANAGER CURRENT_MONTH_CASES FISCAL_YEAR_CASES -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- case_1 1 John 15 84 case_1 1 Jeff 10 80 case_2 2 John 20 90 case_2 2 Jeff 13 65 case_3 3 John 7 72 case_3 3 Jeff 17 70 My final chart should look like the following: case case_order John_current_month John_FY Jeff_current_month Jeff_FY ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- case_1 1 15 84 10 80 case_2 2 20 90 13 65 case_3 3 7 72 17 70 My problem is that managers can change and so does the number of managers from month to month, so I can't hard code their names (ie. 'John' and 'Jeff') and use DECODE. It has to be dynamic... Will really appreciate some help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Data type problem

In my oracle database i have a view: SELECT REGEXP_SUBSTR(LV.VAN_ID, '[^ ]+', 1, 1) VanNumber, REGEXP_SUBSTR(LV.VAN_ID, '[^ ]+', 1, 2) DayName, REGEXP_SUBSTR(LV.VAN_ID, '[^ ]+', 1, 3) ShiftName, REGEXP_SUBSTR(LV.VAN_ID, '[^ ]+', 1, 4) Warehouse_Code FROM LEO_VANS LV ORDER BY VanNumber Now when it splits the string and puts it into the column the default type is VARCHAR how do i specify that the VanNumber field for example must be an integer.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

How to make

how can I reduce the size of ------------- when table is null. I m in sqlplus I type Select A,B,C,D,F,G,H from SOMEHERE where B='GOAT1'; if A is 10 char long B is 50 c is 10 d is 30 e is 10 f is 50 if any of those don't have data it still outputs ------------------------------ (50) for B and tht covers the whole screen how can I make is to show less if it null
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help Needed / Appreciated...

Hi I have this query : Select Inv.ItemId As Item, Sum(Inv.RowTotal) As TotSales, Sum(Qty) as ItemQty, (Select Sum(Qty) From Invoice) As TotQty from Invoice Inv Group by Inv.ItemId It returns : Item TotSales ItemQty TotQty 000001 18510.00 39.00 90.00 000002 28540.00 30.00 90.00 000003 30790.00 21.00 90.00 I need to select the items when Sum(ItemQty) > = 60 In this case Item 1 and 2 Help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Anyone able to help?

I am having a slight problem with an sql procedure im trying to create, keep getting an error saying "encountered ;, while expecting the following: if" could anyone help CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE CustOrders( iCust IN NUMBER ) AS CurrentRow OrderCursor%ROWTYPE; oCompany VARCHAR2(15); CURSOR OrderCursor IS SELECT Description, Amount FROM Products, Orders WHERE iCust = Cust; BEGIN SELECT Company INTO oCompany FROM Customers WHERE iCust = CustNum; IF SQL%NOTFOUND THEN DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ("Customer " || oCompany || " was not found."); ELSE IF SQL%FOUND THEN SELECT OrderNum FROM Orders WHERE CustNum = Cust; IF SQL%NOTFOUND THEN DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(oCompany || " has no orders recorded."); ELSE IF SQL%FOUND THEN DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE("Orders For " || iCust || oCompany); DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE("Description Amount"); FOR CurrentRow IN OrderCursor LOOP DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE (CurrentRow.Description || " " || CurrentRow.Amount); END LOOP; END IF; END IF; END; / SHOW ERRORS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!