migration from MS access to MySQL

hi, i've got a fully working site using MS Access as its datasource, with the connection string set up as: "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dissertation\db\db1.mdb" and all as OLEDB connections and commands. Basically what do i need to change the connection string, connection type and connection commands to Also what do i need to import at the top of the doc too The MySQL is running on Localhost, database, user and password all set.
Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 02:52:37 AM Total Views:  37
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Step of checking data integrity after migration

Could someone please let me know where I can find the docs checking data integrity after migration TQ GS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Row migration and chaining

Hi folks How can i detect and repair chained and migrated rows
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

row chaining and migration.

I have a database(oracle 8i) with more than 200 tables. tables are on the same tablespace with the oracle default setings, so tablespace storage parameters are used. When I monitor for row chaning, there are 4 tables with clobs that have about 20% of rows chained. I know that if the clob size is more than 4000 char, is just the locator that are keept on the same extent, the value will be stored on another extent. Should I keep the tables with clobs on a larger extent tablespace, is there a way to tell to oracle to keep only locators on the same extent and values on another. I mean, there is no way for me to know if the user will have more than 4000 characters to insert.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Problem with migration 32-64bit

I'm trying to migrate from 10.1-32 to 10.2-64. IMPDP doesn't want to work. What should I do Import: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production on Monday, 02 July, 2007 21:35:01 Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production With the Partitioning and Data Mining options UDI-00018: Import utility version can not be more recent than the Data Pump server. , why you are using 10.1 impdp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Re-organise segment to eliminate chaining/migration

Hi Friends.. I have used OEM Tablespace Map and noticed that one of my segments has excessive chasining/migration. This can be resolved through OEM by using the re-organisation wizard. I am wondering if there is an equivalent way of eliminating this through sqlplus instead of using OEM. I have always thought that the way to do this through sqlplus would be to : create a copy of the table which has row migration Table A to Table B. copy migrated rows to new table from Table A to Table B delete migrated rows from real table Table A Increase pctincrease parameter Table A copy rows from Table B into Table A. Is there an easier way to do this Oracle 8.1.6 SCO Unixware 7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

table schema change & data migration

Hi Guys, I have to migrate data from Informix(6.x) to Oracle(9.x) but some of the tables in Oracle9i contains additional field. I got the control and data files from informix and planning to import this in oracle using sql loader. My doubts are:- (1) How can i specify the data for the new fields in the table because the data file dosn't contain this values. Initially i thought of manually editing the data file for adding new data but this won't work out if the number of records are more. (2) Should order of field in table is a matter for sql loader Could any one pls help me out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

pro*c migration from oracle 7.x to oracle 10g

This is krishnaswamy seeking help from anybody regarding the captioned subject; Can you brief what are the steps involved on this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Server to Oracle migration

Hi all. I am sorry to bother you with such a stupid question, but I am very new to Oracle. I've been working with SQL Server for over 6 years. But now we have a client with an Oracle as the back end for our application. So, the question is, where can I find a good information about how to migrate SQL Server databases into Oracle. What will be your suggestions. Please, help. Thank you in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem after migration..

Hi all, We have migrated from 8.1.5 0n win2k server to 9.0.1 on win2k3. we have got an error when the users are accessing our applications.The evenet log shows Reporting queued error : faulting application oracle.exe,version 0.0.0.0,faulting module ORACORE9.DLL version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x000742df. the instance is terminated when this problem is occured. The Alert log is not showing any message . an immediate reply is appriciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle to MySql migration

Has anyone ever migrated an Oracle DB over to a MYSQL DB that are both on UNIX boxes What is the best method An intermediate PC Nick
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sql server migration to Oracle

Hi all! Query: We have OS NT and Oracle v8i. 1.What are the detailed steps to migrate from sql server to Oracle. Is it possible to migrate stored Procedures, triggers, constraints,indexes also from sql server to oracle. If so,please mention the required process,steps,commands, etc.,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

migration from oleDB to mysql

hi there, i was using oledb connection to connect to an access database. i recently change that to mysql connection and mysql database. the problem is that some (not all of them)sql querries are not working properly does anyone know where i can find the differencesin sql syntax between mysql and access
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

data and schema migration

I have several questions about data migration from MS SQL server 2005 to Oracle 10g. the one that has kept me thinking for a while is if do I have to migrate the aspnetdb.mdf file to oracle besides my current database that it is attached to my asp.net app. in my database server I did join together my database with this aspnetdb.mdf file created by the app. but at the app level are seperate. this is confusing me a lot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

migration from sql server to oralce database

I had project which is developed in .net 1.1 and back end is sql server database. Here I want to migrate this project to .net 2.0 and back end as Oracle.My project architecture is 3 tier(DAL,BLL,UI). For this project what are the changes I need to make in these 3 layers, so that easily this project can migrate to .net2. and Oracle as back end.And please tell me what are the enterprise libraries I need to use for .net 2.0 for connecting tooracle database. Thank You,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MySql 5 migration questions

I have developed an ASP.NET/Silverlight app using MSSQL 2008 R2. In looking for a hosting solution I ran into the problem that the hosting providers I'm loooking at only offer SQL Server express, so there is a 10GB databsse limit, whereas they do offer MySQL 5with no limit. I've searched Using MySQL with ASP.net and found a ton of inforamtion, too much in fact. What are some good links explaining how to migrate from MSSQL 2008 Express edition to MySQL 5 I'm concerned also about the tools avaiable to manage a MySQL 5 databse, currently I'm using SQL Server Management Studio and am happy with it. Any guidence apprechiated. On the other hand, are there any good hosting providers any one is aware of that offer the full version of SQL Server 2008 that has no practible upper limit on db size\t Price is consideration, of course, which is why most of the providers I've looks at only have the express verions, I suppose.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle 9i to 10g migration - ODP.Net

Hi , \t\t\t I am using VB.NET Web application built on Dotnet framework 1.1 with VS2003.Also I am using ODP.NET 9.2 to connect to Oracle 9i Database.Now I am planning to migrate to Oracle 10g.what changes should i make to my Application 1.Do i have to install Oracle 10g client 2.Do i have to install ODP 10.2 version 3.Should i change the Oracle.DataAccess.Dll used in my application and rebuild the application after migrating to Oracle 10g Lookign forward for your replies.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transport tablespace for migration of DB

Just a Quicky... Can i use Transport tablespace feature to migrate databases from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7.4 If the block size & hardware and Os is same\twhat are the restrictions in it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

row chaining & migration

1. How do you know whether a row is chained or migrated I mean either of the two. 2. Given that a table has a lot of chained/migrated rows, how can one determine the cause. I have a table with hardly any varchar2 fields, last columns not null and it still has a lot of chained rows. Kailash Pareek
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

pro*c migration from oracle 8 to 10g also

Hi Please let me know how to convert pro*c programs in oracle 8 into oracle 10g environment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Question about mysql migration

I'm thinking about migrating my MS SQL driven web project to mysql. In my project I use formview with edit/update field functions. Will this work in mysql, Can I use the same code ( I know I will have to change the connection string)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!