Limit Users

hi.. currently i have developed a web site that allow the user to enter the no. of cars they have.. but how i do i limit that each users are only allowed to add 2 cars what shud my sql statement be and how shud i go about comparing the different user with the limitation of 2 cars only \t
Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 02:52:55 AM Total Views:  48
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

UTL_FILE to create comma delimited textfile

Anybody point me in the direction of a good resource regarding this Looking to run a job that reads a table and creates a comma delimited file on the NT network fo another process to use. For each row in the Oracle table it has to create a row in the textfile. Been searching the net but can't find much that's specific to my task. Which is best site, generally, for on-line documentation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Time limits on Discoverer

How can I set the time limits on Web version of Discoverer when users inactivity is 30min is there a parameter for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Table Row limitations

I am a junior dba and I am finishing up my OCP 8i soon. I have a question at work that is puzzling me. I was wondering if there are any limitations to the total number of rows in a table. Actually, I had another question "At work level, (if any) does the total number of rows start to determent performance during selects, selects with joins,,etc..". I have been given the big task of re-tuning or applications queries used on our website. We have started to notice a determent in speed. We are utilizing indexes 3 on the query in question. The problem is that the data is so slow to return. The table has 2.5 million rows. I know this is a strange request but any help and/or explanation would be much appreciated. , just remember what it was like when you were a junior dba.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL loader & TAB delimited data file

SQL loader: Do any one know how to put "TAB delimited" reference at control file for TAB delimited data file..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RMAN and space limit

I have a small database and use RMAN as part of the backup strategy. I am using Veritas Storage Management and raw devices on a Sun 5500 (Solaris 2.6), and Oracle 8.1.6. For a level 0 backup, the file produced by RMAN exceeds 2 GB. The system is unable to fit more than 2 GB in a directory. Does anyone have suggestions on how to break the files created by RMAN into different directories
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tab Delimited , SQL OUTPUT result

does any bosy knows how to convert SQL Output file into tab delimited \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

quota unlimited

alter user scott quota unlimited on data_tablespace If I give scott unlimited quota on data_tablespace and I want to revoke that priveledge, Is that possible If so, what's the syntax to do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Restrict User to default tablespace when they have unlimited tablespace access

I have 2 users have their own default tablespace but they also have unlimited tablespace access. I notice they have created tables under different tablespace and Oracle allows them. Is there anyway I can control this so that they can ONLY create under their default tablespace
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle user PROFILE limits

Environment: Windows 2003, Oracle 10g What numbers are going to b reasonable for me to use to create a profile so as to assign it to my regular users and report users in order to restrict them to not eat all the resources like CPU and memory. The default profile used by users is 'DEFAULT' which has 'unlimited' limits. I am mainly looking good numbers for sessions_per_user cpu_per_session cpu_per_call connect_time logical_reads_per_session unlimited logical_reads_per_call unlimited composite_limit unlimited private_sga unlimited Currently I have create one like this: ---------------------------------- create profile ABC limit sessions_per_user unlimited cpu_per_session 720000 cpu_per_call unlimited connect_time unlimited idle_time 60 logical_reads_per_session unlimited logical_reads_per_call unlimited composite_limit unlimited private_sga unlimited failed_login_attempts 10 password_life_time unlimited password_reuse_time unlimited password_reuse_max unlimited password_lock_time unlimited password_grace_time unlimited; -D
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Export Gridview to Tab Delimited File

Please help me, i have able to export Gridview to Excel file but now, i'm looking for a Gridview to Tab Delimited File. This is my Old Code that Exports Gridview to Excel. SubdoExcel(SourceasObject,EasEventArgs) IfGridView1.Rows.Count.ToString+1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Maximum limit Exceeded Error

Hi all, \t\t I am facing a problem in my Web Application. when try to insert a bulk data in the database, i am getting Error like ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (%s) exceeded . i am using Orcale 9i as database. what could be the problem. how can i sort it out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there a limitation of number of rows to oracle adapter ot to dataset?

I wrote a simlpe program that fill datasetvia data adapter of oracle(select command). most of the times it works, but sometimes where it has to return large number of rows it returns 0 rows. What can I do ro solve it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is any length limit for Oracle SQL query string? How to make it longer?

When we run an Oracle query string from C# code, it seems the string cannot be longer than 1024 characters. If we move the qiery into SQL Plus worksheet, one line code cannot be longer than 1024, however, if we seed a hard return into the long line and make it two and each one with length shorter than 1024, it works. However, the C# program doesn't take the hard return character, say, "\n" , account. Somebody seggested that Oracle doesn't have this kind of limit, but the communication between the client code and Oracle server make this limit. It sounds reasonable, because SQL since version 7, the string limit is 8000, instead of 255 like version 6.5. If this is true, we need suggestion about the configuration.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

comma delimited string into columns in mysql

Can i have a split function for above requirenment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

change tab delimited excel to excel 97-2003

how to change excel save type (tab delimited) to (excel 97-2003) programatically in C#
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

URGENT: Is there a limit to the size of an ocfs file system?

OS : RedHat OCFS : 1.2 ----------- Need your help here. Can't find any don on that.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

SGA_MAX_SIZE limit for Oracle 10g 32BIT on Linux Red Hat

Hi all, We have a 32 Bit 10g database installed on Linux Redhat. The server has 4GB physical memory and only runs Oracle. Our SGA_MAX_SIZE parameter was set to 1.4GB, we need to increase this to 2GB. However when we tried to do restart the instance after the change, we got the following error: ORA-27123: unable to attach to shared memory segment Now i have checked the kernel parameters and these seem to be set fine, so i am wondering if i am hitting a limit for a 32 bit Oracle install Any advice will be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SGA limit on windows with 8i

Recently upgraded to 8.1.7 and set my shared_pool to 600 megs and buffer cache to 2400 megs. The first strange thing I noticed with 8i was monitoring the Oracle process under task manager showed only the shared_pool + user sessions combined. i.e. 600 megs + sessions. I don't use MTS and my session levels climb over 600. This combined with a 1 meg sort area size caused me to get a 12500 error when the session level reached approx 524 sessions. I dropped the buffer cache and hit the problem at similar session level. I was using my old 7.3.4. experience and figured it was the combined settings = limit. Dropped down the shared pool by 100 megs and this allowed me to take on more sessions. But I hit the problem at 1.2 gb again (user process + shared_pool). Finally dropped the sort area size to reduce the per session memory requirement. This keeps the process below 1 gb at all times. I use the boot.ini settings of /pae and /3gb. Has anyone else hit a problem like this.\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Resource limits

DB : 806 I am seeing the CURRENT_UTILIZATION, MAX_UTILIZATION,INITIAL_ALLOCATION, LIMIT_VALUE values from V$RESOURCE_LIMIT view same for the "transactions" parameter. Does it mean I need to increase the processes parameter value "processes" resource figures are well under limit. Can there be some suggestions to the application functioning Any enlightening feedback appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Is there any limitations on OracleDataAdapter.fill method?

Hi I am having peculiar problem and I am unable to find the solution. I am using stored procedure for pulling the data and using OracleDataAdapter I am filling datatable. But it is not filling all the data that I require. Actually table is having 40 records and I have received only 20 records. Whereas same stored procedure when I call in other languages Java/Delphi I am getting all the data. So i would like to know what are the limitations and how to resolve this issue
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!