ISQL*Plus login for SYSDBA

iSQL*Plus login for SYSDBA

Step-1)
Export the java path.
[harsh@esparkinfo.com]$ export JAVA_HOME=$ORACLE_HOME/jdk

Step-2)
Change the directory.
[harsh@esparkinfo.com]$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/oc4j/j2ee/isqlplus/application-deployments/isqlplus

Step-3)
Run the JAZN prompt.
[harsh@esparkinfo.com]$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Djava.security.properties=$ORACLE_HOME/oc4j/j2ee/home/config/jazn.security.props -jar $ORACLE_HOME/oc4j/j2ee/home/jazn.jar -user iSQL*Plus DBA/admin -password welcome -shell

Step-4)
Create user and grant the webDba role to the user.
JAZN>adduser iSQL*Plus DBA username password
JAZN>grantrole webDba iSQL*Plus DBA username
JAZN>exit

Step-5)
List the user.
JAZN> listusers "iSQL*Plus DBA"
Remove user.
JAZN> remuser "iSQL*Plus DBA" username

Revoke the webDba role
JAZN> revokerole webDba "iSQL*Plus DBA" username
Change user password.
JAZN> setpasswd "iSQL*Plus DBA" username old_password new_password

Step-6)
Login through web browser.
url:5560/isqlplus/dba
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:15:14 AM Total Views:  561
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

oracle vs Db2

Hi Can anyone refer me to a document which lists the differences between oracle and Db2 rdbms
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

sysman and wmsys creation scripts

Where are schema sysman and wmsys creation scripts in oracle 10g
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Startup Database Failed

My question is. I have installed over server two engines. In one engine i have 3 instances and the another 2 instances. I need start the 3 instances over the other engine. Exist any way of performed\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Rollback segments storage

This is the case, a database with small transactions: I want to know if this is correct: - Having the biggest sized table i have to dimension rollback segments initial with 10% of its size (oracle advice) . and What will be the next, optimal and maximum size of wich RB
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Roles and Privileges

User A has been granted Developer Role to which select any table, update any table system privileges have been granted. Now user A is trying to compile a package which access user B's emp table for which a public synonym was created. Compilation was failing with following error PLS-00201: identifier 'EMP' must be declared. I am trying to find out the reason. Does user A need explicit SELECT ANY TABLE, UPDATE ANY TABLE System privilege granted to him eventhough he was granted them via DEVELOPER role Please advise.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQLLDR Error

when using the SQLLDR application to import a data file into a database i get the following error on virtually all records ORA-01861: literal does not match format string anyone know what it means\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Tuning

8.1.7.4 4CPU 2GB RAM Code: select uf.case_number, uf.error_fg, uf.case_amt, uf.case_balance, uf.aba, uf.credit_ref_id, uf.sequence_nbr, uf.proc_date, imc.case_number, imc.error_fg, imc.case_amt, imc.case_balance, imc.aba, imc.credit_ref_id, imc.sequence_nbr, imc.proc_date from ( select c.case_number, c.error_fg, c.case_amt, c.case_balance, r.aba, r.credit_ref_id, r.sequence_nbr, r.proc_date from case_t c, case_research_t r where c.case_number=r.case_number and c.proc_date between '20040510' and '20050228' and c.error_fg = 'UF' and c.status_fg in('O','P') and r.credit_ref_id ' ' and r.credit_ref_id '000000' ) uf, ( select c.case_number, c.error_fg, c.case_amt, c.case_balance, r.aba, r.credit_ref_id, r.sequence_nbr, r.proc_date from case_t c, case_research_t r where c.case_number=r.case_number and c.proc_date between '20040510' and '20040517' and c.error_fg = 'IMC' and c.status_fg ='C' and r.credit_ref_id ' ' and r.credit_ref_id '000000' ) imc where uf.credit_ref_id=imc.credit_ref_id and uf.case_amt=imc.case_amt; This query is taking an age to run and i'm a bit stuck with tuning it. THe two tables involved (CASE_T and CASE_RESEARCH_T) have about 3.5 million rows in each, one per CASE_NUMBER, which is the primary key in both. CASE_T is the parent table. The explain plan is: Code: Execution Plan ---------------------------------------------------------- 0 SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=1109 Card=1 Bytes=16 0) 1 0 NESTED LOOPS (Cost=1109 Card=1 Bytes=160) 2 1 NESTED LOOPS (Cost=907 Card=101 Bytes=11009) 3 2 NESTED LOOPS (Cost=649 Card=43 Bytes=3440) 4 3 TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'CASE_T' (Cost=563 Card=43 Bytes=1247) 5 4 INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'CASE_SEARCH_IDX' (NON-UNIQUE) (Cost=43 Card=43) 6 3 TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'CASE_RESEARCH_T' (Cost=2 Card=3263103 Bytes=166418253) 7 6 INDEX (UNIQUE SCAN) OF 'CASE_RESEARCH_KEY' (UNIQUE) (Cost=1 Card=3263103) 8 2 TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'CASE_T' (Cost=6 Card=3649 Bytes=105821) 9 8 INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'CASE_AMT_KEY' (NON-UNIQUE) (Cost=2 Card=3649) 10 1 TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'CASE_RESEARCH_T' (Cost=2 Card=3263103 Bytes=166418253) 11 10 INDEX (UNIQUE SCAN) OF 'CASE_RESEARCH_KEY' (UNIQUE) (Cost=1 Card=3263103) I am tracing my session whilst i'm running it as we speak but its been going for over an hour now so I thought in the mean time I might ask for some advise with tuning the SQL. I'm fairly sure that the top wait events for this will almost certainly be for reading blocks from disk (as its retrieving nearly all the rows in CASE_RESEARCH_T) and DIRECT PATH reads\writes (because I am comparing two result sets). SQL aside I was thinking I could increase SORT_AREA_SIZE for the session Anything else I could try I'll add the SQL trace to the thread once it has finanlly finished...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Shell Programming help

Korn Shell I have a line like this: LINE='/dev/vx/dsk/sapmnt 14487552 2584835 11172528 19% /sapmnt' $ echo $LINE | awk '{print $5}' 19% Question: How do I get the number "19" only How do I get rid of the "%" sign
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem while import

Hi , I'm trying to import 9.0.1 (linux box) to another DB 8.1.6 on another Machine (HP box) . But it says, MP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully. Is import not a downward compatible. Please help me. I've to do this immediately , i've no other box left over. Is it possible to import \t Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Physical standby - nologging operation

I've got a physical standby (9.2.0.1). I created a test table and a nologging index on it (the underlying tablespace is NOT in a force logging mode). Then pushed some data. Then did a "select name, unrecoverable_change# from v$datafile;" on both primary and standby. Surprisingly, I didn't see any difference in the change# and the standby was infact caughtup. I, then opened the standby in readonly mode. The index does seem to exist there. Am not sure if it is getting populated though. I tried forcing a hint to use the index etc. But I can't tell if it's actually using it, since I can't explain plans on a read-only. I suppose I can run traces etc..but before I go down the path, can someone explain this phenomenon What might be going on
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

perf tuning

Hi , I have a PL/SQL application. The code looks like: open a_cur for select a_column from a_table@a_remote_database; loop fetch a_cur into a_variable; exit when a_cur%notfound; -- process other stuff locally including inserts, etc... end loop; My questions are: 1. Does each fetch grab A row from a_remote_database, or Oracle fetch ALL the data into local SGA 2. If each fetch will be through Net, how can I tune this application Thank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Protocol=ipc Key=extproc

Can someone tell me what these are used for. It is found in the listener.ora by default as another address to listen at. When I have 2 listeners on the same box and both have these entries in their listener.ora file, one listener can't startup because this address is already used by the other listener. I want to know what it is primamly used so as to know if I can simply simply remove it from either listeners.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Perf Issue to 9i from 8 clients

Hi My server is 9i. we have 8 client in one system. from there I changed the Tnsnames.ora and accessing the 9i database through sqlplus 3.3. The connection takes long time but it is connecting. What i have to do .. Am I need to install 9i client.. If so NET config. only enough Also my D2k reports are not working from Menu MMX.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

partition table

CREATE TABLE aaa (a NUMBER(4), b NUMBER(4), c DATE) PARTITION BY RANGE(c) ( PARTITION S2001 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2001','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2002 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2002','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2003 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2003','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2004 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2004','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2005 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2005','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2006 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2006','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2007 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2007','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2008 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2008','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2009 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2009','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2010 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2010','DD/MM/YYYY')), PARTITION S2011 VALUES LESS THAN(TO_DATE('01/01/2011','DD/MM/YYYY'))) 1. with the above partition, will the records automatically fall into the right bucket if I insert record into the table For example 03/04/2004, will it know to go to s2005 since it's less than 01/01/2005 and so on..... 2. since we can't alter the table to add the new partition, should I create the new partion for the next 10 yrs based on the same format so the new database will be inserted in the future will go to the new partion Note, C column got populated whenever the new record is insert.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle9i 9.2 installation error

hi I am trying to install oracle 9idb on Red hat Advance server. The Oracle home environment is properly set. At tthe time of Creating and starting oracle instance it throws error ora-03113 end of file on communication channel . what could be the problem .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Space Management - Max_extents

The current extent size for one of our indexes is 127. The max_extents is set to unlimited. I'd like to change the max_extent to something lower for test purposes. Could one set it to any value or should it be set according to the block size.e.g can I set it to 200 for e.g. How do I estimate how many inserts I need to do to fill up the space. I hope I've made myself clear.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Q. to Indexes

A create Index statment is an ddl object. Now, if i say create Index ... parallel. The index will create parallel when i have a dopple cpu. What is to rebuild an index is it ddl or dml. and what is it when i put an new row to a table that have an index. the index for the new row must be insert into the index table. what is it ddl or dml.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

proper use of listener

all, I've recently installed two different Oracle servers on a same box, can I use one listener (the older version) for both database servers. What are the things I should be aware Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Permanent T/S into Temporary T/s??

, I have a permanent tablespace that is empty. I would like to know if it is possible to convert this T/S into a temporary one and if possible, could anyone provide me with the command to do so.. Oracle Version is: 9i on solaris...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Partition by list

Is it possible to create a composite partition table range-list Bensmail
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to call an oracle function with a user defined type as parameter

OracleCommand cmd2 = new OracleCommand(); cmd2.Connection = conn; cmd2.CommandText = ""; cmd2.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("org_id", \t); cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("date_from", 26-11-2008 16:56:29); cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("date_to", 26-11-2008 16:56:29); cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("id", 10); cmd2.Parameters.Add("crs_kzlpers", OracleType.Cursor).Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; etc.. The \t parameter has a should look something like this: "organization_id(1,2,3,4,5)" I tried: cmd.Parameters.Add("id", OracleType.\t).Value = 10); before, but I got stuck at the \t cause the user defined type is not known there... Does anyone have a solution for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can I use MySQL Database with ASP.NET

Dear , can I use the MySQL Database with ASP.NET AND can Web Matrix connect with MySQL database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How get I my Mysql record on my vb page...?

I'm trying to connect with odbc to my MySQL the connectionstring is OK. Here mycode: Dim myConnectionString As string If myConnectionString = "" Then myConnectionString = "driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server=10.0.0.1;database=bachofner;uid=user;pwd=;OPTION=17923;" End If Dim mySelectQuery As String = "SELECT * FROM website_taal WHERE functie= mainpage" Dim myConnection As New OdbcConnection(myConnectionString) Dim myCommand As New OdbcCommand(mySelectQuery, myConnection) myConnection.Open() Dim myReader As OdbcDataReader myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader() Dim ds As New DataSet() myReader.Fill(ds) DataGrid1.DataSource = ds DataGrid1.DataBind() But the .Fill command is not a part op Microsoft.Data.ODBC. Is there a different way to get my record out of my MySQL and if so. How do some one have some examples \t Bakhoven
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need a comma separated function in mysql

Can anyone please provide me comma seprated split function in mysql.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

mysql DEALLOCATE stmt

Hi all, is DEALLOCATE stmt is necessary after PREPARE stmt FROM @SqlQuery; dnt MySQl take care of the object
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Read image from MySQL with ODBC

. I have a problem that I cant figure out. I shall read an images from a column in a MySQL database. I use a simple aspx page and the codebehind file with the code below. It is ok to read the image if I dont use any parameter value in the where clause, but if I use it, nothing is returned. I dont know if I have done anything wrong in the code. I have also tried to set a proper value on the parameter.value without success. So my conclusion is that the parameter sertup is wrong in my code. Any ideas someone Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load \t\t\t Dim PictureID As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString("id")) \t\t\t 'Connect to the database and bring back the image contents & MIME type for the specified picture \t\t\t Using myConnection As New OdbcConnection("Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};server=localhost;uid=;pwd={};database=xxx;port=3306") \t\t\t\t\t Const SQL As String = "SELECT blobdata FROM tblblogg WHERE id = @PictureID" ---> If I change this parameterto a existing id it works \t\t\t\t\t Dim myCommand As New OdbcCommand(SQL, myConnection) \t\t\t\t\t Dim parameter As New OdbcParameter() \t\t\t\t\t parameter.ParameterName = "@PictureID" \t\t\t\t\t parameter.OdbcType = OdbcType.Int \t\t\t\t\t parameter.Value = PictureID \t\t\t\t\t myCommand.Parameters.Add(Parameter) \t\t\t\t\t myConnection.Open() \t\t\t\t\t Dim myReader As OdbcDataReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader() \t\t\t\t\t If myReader.Read Then \t\t\t\t\t\t\t 'Response.ContentType = myReader("MIMEType").ToString() \t\t\t\t\t\t\t Response.BinaryWrite(myReader("blobdata")) \t\t\t\t\t End If \t\t\t\t\t myReader.Close() \t\t\t\t\t myConnection.Close() \t\t\t End Using \t End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

dll extraction

i have a dll named pdf2excel and i want to extract its methodsa and interfaces in .net. plzzz suggest!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Individual field - MySQL

Hi I was wondering how to recieve an individual field from my MySQL database. I have been able to get a row, but what I am trying to do is get a name from my database and set it into the HeaderText in my DataGrid. The way I am trying to do it at the moment is using(OdbcCommandcmd=newOdbcCommand(formQuery,con)) { con.Open(); formDataGrid.Columns[0].HeaderText=cmd.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior.CloseConnection| CommandBehavior.SingleResult).GetValue(0); } This doesn't seem to get a value from the GetValue, but if useusing (OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand(formQuery, con)) { con.Open(); formDataGrid.DataSource = cmd.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior.CloseConnection | CommandBehavior.SingleResult); formDataGrid.DataBind(); } it will bind my data into the grid. I just want to be able to change the HeaderText in the first coulmn of the DataGrid from one table and have the DataGrid be filled from another table. I can fill the DataGrid its just changing the HeaderText that I am having trouble with.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SCHEMA _QUERIES

I have two tables Targets table(target_id int,location_id int,first_name varchar(50),last_name varchar(50),birth_date date) agents table(agent_id int,location_id,first_name,last_name) 1. Develop a query to list the agents whose names appear in the TARGETS table. 2. Develop a query to list the agents whose names do not appear in the TARGETS table.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Winding up Oracle ?

Hi , we've been having a problem with oracle for a very long time, but since it stops after a few times we never really adressed it. But its been bugging me for quite some time and id really like to fix it for good this time. We're getting an ORA-1017: invalid username/password; logon denied error every morning the first time our users use the system. After 5-10 refreshes, oracle "remembers" our account :p and lets us through. I've been googling on the topic for a long time but i dont see anyone with our problem. Here's an actual extract from our error logs. can anybody help \t \t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\tSystem.Exception \t\t\tApplicationDALC.StartApplication \t\t\tEI.Application.Data.DALC \t\t\t\tatEI.Application.Data.DALC.V23.ApplicationDALC.StartApplication(StringsessionID,String&applicationID,String&applicationStartedDate) \tatEI.Application.Web.V23.AWBasePage.OnInit(EventArgse) \tatEI.Application.Web.V23.Introduction.OnInit(EventArgse) \tatSystem.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(ControlnamingContainer) \tatSystem.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() \t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\tOracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException \t\t\t\t\tORA-1017:invalidusername/password;logondenied \t\t\t\t\tOracleDataProviderfor.NET \t\t\t\t\t\tatOracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32errCode,OracleConnectionconn,IntPtropsErrCtx,OpoSqlValCtx*pOpoSqlValCtx,Objectsrc,Stringprocedure) \tatOracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.Open() \tatEI.Application.Data.DALC.V23.ApplicationDALC.StartApplication(StringsessionID,String&applicationID,String&applicationStartedDate) \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DB2 connection from DotNet

I'm working on a dotnet web application that connects to db2 database, currently we are using odbc driver, via odbc gateway server to fetch the data from db2, but it has so much problems. what is the best connection from dotnet to db2 Is it recommended to connect directly to db2 server, or , it is better to go through some gateway server, and what could be that server the db2 server version: db2 8.1 for zos Your answers would be great help Thank you, Nami
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connection to mySQL database in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition

I want to make a db connection to a mySQL databse using the database tools in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition but I can't find any way how to configure this. Do anyone know how to do this I have installed MySQL ODBC 3.51 in my Windows Vista machine but it doesn't show up under ODBC connections in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle Transaction in c#

I need to run several queries inside transaction in Oracle database (I am invoking them from c#). First, I am creating SQL query like begin update.... update.... submit; end; Then I amusing OracleClient.BeginTransaction, RollbackTransaction, CommintTransactions commands in C# code. Is it overkill or not What is the correct way of working with Oracle transaction in c# Should I use OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery for every update SQL statement\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Modify Oracle Store procedure from IDE VS2005

Very simple question. I possibile modify (or create) a Oracle Store procedure from IDE VS2005 If not is there a workaround Very
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connection Pools: By Process, Thread, Machine, App Domain?

Sorry if this is an elementary question but I'm missing one basic bit of conceptual information about connection pools: who all shares a single connection pool\t Since it is specified in the connection string, I would think that it would be at the process level. People around here believe that it's at the machine level which doesn't make sense to me. Which connection string would trump all the others The ODP.Net Developers Guide is not helpful in this area.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using OUTPUT parameters from PL/SQL in ASP.NET code

I would like to communicate both ways between my ASP.NET application and my Oracle database. This is to give important feedback from the database back into the webpages once a procedure has finished running. Currently my stored PL/SQL procedures are working fine with input only parameters coming from the webpages. However it would be very useful for me if I could use a returned output parameter from Oracle back in my ASP.NET application. I have tried to set up a simple test to do this but I am stuck and I was hoping somebody might be able to help. I know the example is overly simplified, and in this particular example I would be better off using an INSERT command in ASP.NET. This is just to highlight the method of receiving back a paramete so that I can get the mechanism working. The error message I am getting so far is: " Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.OracleClient.OracleParameter' to type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter' " pointing to line 21 of the VB.NET code. I am unsure whether I am doing something wrong in my PL/SQL, VB.NET or ASP.NET code sections. The VB.NET code is: ImportsSystem.Data ImportsSystem.Data.Common ImportsSystem.Data.SqlClient PartialClasstestoutput InheritsSystem.Web.UI.Page ProtectedSubButton1_Click(ByValsenderAsObject,ByValeAsSystem.EventArgs)HandlesButton1.Click 'CallthePL/SQLproc SqlDataSource1.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty) EndSub ProtectedSubSqlDataSource1_Selected(ByValsenderAsObject,ByValeAsSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceStatusEventArgs)HandlesSqlDataSource1.Selected DimcmdAsIDbCommand cmd=e.Command DimparamAsSqlParameter ForEachparamIncmd.Parameters 'Extractthenameandvalueoftheparameter,storeinlabel Label2.Text=Label2.Text¶m.ParameterName&"-"¶m.Value.ToString() Next EndSub EndClass The ASP.NET code is: Untitled Page The PL/SQL code is: create or replace procedure TestParam (vInput in number, vOutput out number) is begin vOutput := vInput * 2; insert into testoutput (id, input_number, result_number) values(seq_testoutput_id.nextval, vInput, vOutput); end TestParam; \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Stored Procedure for Username and Password Validation

I'm having trouble coming up with the procedure for identifying a user's login name and password
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reading all excel sheets in Asp.net?

I have 1 excel file 2007 that contains 10 sheets First sheet Name : Remarks that contain only one column for remarks the other 9 sheets name : Date1 Date2 Date3 Date4 Date5 Date6 Date7 Date8 Date9 each of the 9 sheets has 2 columns: Product Description and Qantity I am using \t Using connection As New OleDbConnection(excelConnectionString) \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t Dim command As New OleDbCommand("SELECT Product_Description,Qantity FROM [sheet1$]", connection) \t\t\t\t\t\t\t connection.Open() please help me I need to know how can to read all the 10 sheets
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

display data from database back to label

hye i have this problem regarding to mysql and asp.net(VB) i'm trying to display data from mysql.. exm : name(field name) andy webber vister ..my question is how to display the data in the name field back to label in the asp.net page example: in lbl1.txt =andy in lbl2.txt =webber in lbl3.txt=vister
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP textbox values not being passed at all, frustrating

Ok, I'm using C#, ASP/SQL and MySQL as a test database. My code works in terms of syntax but for some reason, the value in the clientName textBox is NEVER passed. I test pass values without the textbox and the value does appear in the database table however, none of the data within the text boxes seems to pass properly for some reason (the error message never even comes up); Here's my code (I put the problem in bold): \t Database Manipulator \t void Page_load(){ string newTable1 = "CREATE TABLE Dev07 (cliID NVARCHAR(40),"+ "cProduct NVARCHAR(35),cusAccount INTEGER, prodCost FLOAT, shipCost FLOAT, totalCharge FLOAT)"; MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection("Server=localhost;user id=testuser;pwd=password;database=test"); MySqlCommand comm; comm = new MySqlCommand(newTable1, conn); try{ \tconn.Open(); \tcomm.ExecuteNonQuery(); \t \t } catch{ \tResponse.Write("This table has already been created!"); \t\t } finally \t\t { \tconn.Close(); \t\t } } void submitClick(object s, EventArgs e){ MySqlConnection conn; MySqlCommand comm; conn=new MySqlConnection("Server=localhost;user id=testuser;pwd=password;database=test"); comm = new MySqlCommand( "INSERT INTO Dev07 (cliID)" + "VALUES (@cliID)",conn); comm.Parameters.Add("@cliID", System.Data.SqlDbType.NVarChar); comm.Parameters["@cliID"].Value = clientTextBox.Text; try { conn.Open(); comm.ExecuteNonQuery(); } catch { Response.Write("Error"); } \t\t\t finally{ \t\t\t\t conn.Close(); \t\t\t\t } } \t Client Name: Product: Account Number: Product Cost: Shipping Costs: \t \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

using log_file_name_convert

When using the log_file_name_convert parameter in creating a standby database, how can I configure my init.ora parameter file of the standby database on a different host to reference multiple redolog files on different mount points\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Truncate privilege ??

Hi. Schema_A owns Table_A Schema B needs to truncate Schema_A.Table_A Schema B is not allowed access to any other Schema_A objects How do I go about this\t I don't want to grant 'DROP ANY TABLE' to Schema B, as this would allow Schema B privileges on the rest of Schema A's tables. Help......
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trace Peoplesoft CRM 8.4

Hi Just joined this Vantive-Peoplesoft CRM migration project. My taks is 100% performance tuning and bottleneck tracing in the database tier (Oracle 9iR2 on HP-UX). Seems that Peoplesoft provides nice triggers to trace batch jobs scheduled by Process Scheduler (The batch part) but I cant see any nice tool to trace users sessions accessing from Web Browsers (The OLTP part). The problem is the users are facing heavy performance problems in training environment, I dont see any strange thing in the database so far, I suspect the bottleneck can be in the web servers and the application servers Anyone know any way to trace the totoal response time From web servers, application servers to database! Cheers Note: By the way there is a Peoplesoft tuning paper which refer dbasupport as one of the references
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Server Mode

Environment: OS : IBM AIX 5.2 Database: Oracle9i Rel.2 I have a database in 9i Rel.2. Its running in the DEDICATED SERVER MODE. I wana manually change it to SHARED SERVER MODE.Can anyone suggest how can i do that. How can I check after making the change in which mode my database is running. I tried to change the mode for another TEST database using DBCA and when I run this query: SELECT DISTINCT(SERVER)FROM V$SESSION; its still showing me SERVER --------- DEDICATED Please suggest me how can I change the Database to shared server mode and verify that.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

password file

i created a password file using the orapwd utility and added sysdba users onto it. i restricted the maximum entries to 2 users. but when i try to connect more than 2 users with the same password it allows me.what could be the reason
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Problems with caling StoredProcedure from webform to ms sql db

Hi ! I have done this before but this time i don't know what;s wrong. I made a fonnection with connevtion to db and calling few stopredprocedures this is the code stringStoredSproc="THIRD_SELECTION_NEW"; stringSecondSproc="SelectFromTemp"; stringThirdSproc="TruncateTemp";///checkifmailsent SqlConnectionconn=ConnectionHelper.GetConnection();///connectionclassi'musing SqlCommandSecondcommand=newSqlCommand(SecondSproc,conn); SqlCommandThirdCommand=newSqlCommand(ThirdSproc,conn); SqlCommandcommand=newSqlCommand(StoredSproc,conn); now, i'm trying to write this: command.Commandtype= Commandtype.StoredProcedure and CommandType Property is not availble. why please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Issue with Windows 2003 Server

, Does anybody know what is this error and how do I solve it I am trying to run a ASP.NET Web Application that accesses an Oracle11gdatabase, both in a Windows 2003 Server Event Type:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Warning Event Source:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category:\t\t\t\t\t Web Event Event ID:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 1309 Date:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 3/23/2009 Time:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 9:36:59 AM User:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t N/A Computer:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t C3PO Description: Event code:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 3005 Event message:\t\t\t\t\t An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 3/23/2009 9:36:59 AM Event time (UTC):\t\t 3/23/2009 12:36:59 PM Event ID:\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t a27446c5163b428e8844d3a9d624e805 Event sequence:\t\t\t 56 Event occurrence:\t 1 Event detail code:\t 0 Application information: \t Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/cipsystem2-2-128822845792479825 \t Trust level: Full \t Application Virtual Path: /cipsystem2 \t Application Path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CipsystemWeb\ \t Machine name:C3PO Process information: \t Process ID: 3208 \t Process name: w3wp.exe \t Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Exception information: \t Exception type: ADOException \t Exception message: could not execute query [ select state as state1... etc... order by state0] Request information: \t Request URL: http://C3PO/cipsystem2/Default.aspx \t Request path: /cipsystem2/Default.aspx \t User host address: 10.1.10.90 \t User: \t Is authenticated: False \t Authentication Type: \t Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Thread information: \t Thread ID: 6 \t Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE \t Is impersonating: False \t Stack trace:\t at Spring.Aop.Framework.DynamicMethodInvocation.InvokeJoinpoint() \t at Spring.Aop.Framework.AbstractMethodInvocation.Proceed() \t at Spring.Aop.Framework.AbstractMethodInvocation.Proceed() \t at Spring.Aop.Framework.DynamicProxy.AdvisedProxy.Invoke(Object proxy, Object target, Type targetType, MethodInfo targetMethod, MethodInfo proxyMethod, Object[] args, IList interceptors) \t at CompositionAopProxy_180e0f68e79b4ca496acc002a25eedd0.obtemRegistros(Filtro pFiltro) \t at _default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) \t at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) \t at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) \t at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) \t at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() \t at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Updating Visual Foxpro from ASP .NET

Has anyone managed to update a foxpro table from ASP.net. If so how is the UPDATECOMMAND structured because the following does not seem to work. UpdateCommand="UPDATE trips SET trips.pickup = @PICKUP WHERE trips.id = @ID">
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Switching from MS SQL to mySQL

We have currently changed to a hosting company that does not offer ms sql, well not at a reasonablee cost anyway. If I switch to mySQL, I will need to change a number of webservices all pretty much like the one below. Is it a case of 'find and replace' Or is there a lot of work involved If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd more than appreciate it. [:)] [WebMethod] publicstringaddContact(stringpContactName, stringpContactNationality,stringpContactPosition,stringpContactAdd,stringpContactTel1,stringpContactTel2,stringpContactTel3,stringpContactPrevCompany,stringpContactNotes,stringpContactSource,stringpContactAssociate,stringpContactRegDate,intpContactDivisionID,stringpContactCompanyName) { SqlConnectioncnn=newSqlConnection(connString); try { cnn.Open(); SqlCommandcmd=newSqlCommand(); cmd.Connection=cnn; cmd.CommandText="insertintotb_Contact(ContactName,ContactNationality,ContactPosition,ContactAdd,ContactTel1,ContactTel2,ContactTel3,ContactPrevCompany,ContactNotes,ContactSource,ContactAssociate,ContactRegDate,ContactDivisionID,ContactInactive,ContactNC,ContactNextCall,ContactLastCall,ContactConsultant,ContactAppointment,ContactAppointmentDate,ContactOldNotes,ContactCompanyName)values(@ContactName,@ContactNationality,@ContactPosition,@ContactAdd,@ContactTel1,@ContactTel2,@ContactTel3,@ContactPrevCompany,@ContactNotes,@ContactSource,@ContactAssociate,@ContactRegDate,@ContactDivisionID,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'Rev2',@ContactCompanyName)"; SqlParameterContactName=newSqlParameter("@ContactName",pContactName); SqlParameterContactNationality=newSqlParameter("@ContactNationality",pContactNationality); SqlParameterContactPosition=newSqlParameter("@ContactPosition",pContactPosition); SqlParameterContactAdd=newSqlParameter("@ContactAdd",pContactAdd); SqlParameterContactTel1=newSqlParameter("@ContactTel1",pContactTel1); SqlParameterContactTel2=newSqlParameter("@ContactTel2",pContactTel2); SqlParameterContactTel3=newSqlParameter("@ContactTel3",pContactTel3); SqlParameterContactPrevCompany=newSqlParameter("@ContactPrevCompany",pContactPrevCompany); SqlParameterContactNotes=newSqlParameter("@ContactNotes",pContactNotes); SqlParameterContactSource=newSqlParameter("@ContactSource",pContactSource); SqlParameterContactAssociate=newSqlParameter("@ContactAssociate",pContactAssociate); SqlParameterContactRegDate=newSqlParameter("@ContactRegDate",pContactRegDate); SqlParameterContactDivisionID=newSqlParameter("@ContactDivisionID",pContactDivisionID); SqlParameterContactCompanyName=newSqlParameter("@ContactCompanyName",pContactCompanyName); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactName); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactNationality); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactPosition); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactAdd); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactTel1); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactTel2); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactTel3); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactPrevCompany); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactNotes); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactSource); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactAssociate); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactRegDate); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactDivisionID); cmd.Parameters.Add(ContactCompanyName); inti=cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); cnn.Close(); return"Contactadded"; } catch { return"UnabletoaddContact,pleasetryagain."; } } \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Access to Mysql code convert

I have ASP project uses Access DB .. I need to convert the site into Mysql. But I keep getting some Runtime Error ( Mismatch ) and I don't know what the problem .. There is 2 config files in my project DBTYPE = "MSACCESS" DBCONNECTIONSTRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\portal\envivocms\db.mdb;" INSTANCE_ID = 1 I conver it to Mysql by doing this DBTYPE = "MYSQL" SET conn = createobject("ADODB.Connection") DBCONNECTIONSTRING = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};"_ & "SERVER=localhost;"_ & "DATABASE=DBname;"_ & "UID=User;PWD=Pass; OPTION=35;" INSTANCE_ID = 1 and it's working fine .. but in the other file : Set DBCONNECTIONSTRING1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") MdbFilePath = Server.MapPath("db.mdb") DBCONNECTIONSTRING1.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & MdbFilePath & ";" Set cm = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") MdbFilePath2 = Server.MapPath("db.mdb") cm.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & MdbFilePath2 & ";" and I tried to convert it like this : SET DBCONNECTIONSTRING1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") DBCONNECTIONSTRING1.Open "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};"_ & "SERVER=localhost;"_ & "DATABASE=DBname;"_ & "UID=User;PWD=Pass; OPTION=35;" SET cm = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") cm.Open "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};"_ & "SERVER=localhost;"_ & "DATABASE=DBname;"_ & "UID=User;PWD=Pass; OPTION=35;" But It didn't work fine .. How can I slove it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!