How to connect over ssl from ASP.net website to Informix 3.5

Setup: ASP.Net web application communicating with remote Informix DB (at the moment we are communicating over TCP and VPN but this has to change to SSL). We do not have root access to the server (shared or virtual host) I have a connection string of: "Database=****;Host=***.**.**.**;Server=*******_ssl;Service=9089;Protocol=onsocssl;UID=*******;Password=*******;". I have a self signed certificate so the website can communicate over SSL to the remote DB but I dont understand how/where to specify that the connection should use the certificate. I am getting a: ERROR [HY000] [Informix .NET provider][Informix]Secure Sockets Layer error: GSK_KEYRING_OPEN_ERROR-Keyring file did not open Any help would be good (preferably from someone who has done this kind of setup before). Also note that as I don't have root I cannot install certificates/sdks in the production environment.
Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 04:10:31 AM Total Views:  414
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

My connections already open after to do objConnection.Close()

How to close this connections, exists some service pack to this problem or not making somethink. The next lines its my code : m_objCon = new OracleConnection(m_CadenaConexion); m_objCon.Open(); m_objCommand=new Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand(xQuery); m_objDataReader=m_objCommand.ExecuteReader(); .... m_objDataReader.close() m_objCon.Close();
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

How can i connect to Postgres?

hi, im trying to create a website in asp but i dont know how can i connect to postgres database i would like to know the connection string so i can manipulate the data in those tables. i will apreciate some help ,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trying to connect to Oracle

I am trying to connect to and Oracle database. Here is the code that I am using. Please let me if this is a good way to do this. Also let me know if there are any problems with this. This is the first time I am trying this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to connect to the MySQL server in different domain?

Can anyone teach me the following problem : 1) How to connect Asp.Net file to MySQL (window) database which is in the Win2Kserver in different domain Can you show me how to write the connection string 2) How to change User ID and Password in MySQL (window) Any reference can be refered to I am very appreciate your replies.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

There are any way to delete connection to Oracle

When I check database connection with following Oracle sql-plus command select * from V$session There are 11 inactive sessiones. Is there any way to disposal oracle connection in ASP.net or is any way to avoid this happen Here is the code I use for make connection: objOracleConnection = New OracleConnection() objOracleConnection.ConnectionString = strOracleConnection objOracleConnection.Open() session("conn")=objOracleConnection Where user hit logout button or session time out I use following code to close the connection: Sub Session_End(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) dim objOracleConnection As OracleConnection = session("conn") objOracleConnection.close() End Sub After session close, the connection is still be there. Why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using D2K , trying to connect databases of 7.3.4 and 8i

As usual once again I am knocking your door because of one problem . In my machine I have already Forms4.5, report 2.5 and Oracle client version of 7.3.4 installed on the machine.Now I want to connect my machine to a another Oracle 8i database through a service name say "Ora8i" service name. For that I have already installed Oracle client version of 8.1.6 with new oracle home "Orahome". The previous home for Oracle client version 7.3.4, forms 4.5 and reports 2.5 is "default_home". Now I have created a service name "ora8i" and can connect to Oracle 8i database using the new sqlplus of "Orahome" through that service name "ora8i". But I cann't connect to Oracle 8i database using forms 4.5, reports 2.5. Because I think they are using tnsnames.ora of "default_home". So now what to do to connect to Ora8i database using forms 4.5 and reports 2.5 One thing is important that I have to configure in such a way so that I can connect to any database ( either 7.3.4 or 8i ) using forms 4.5 and reports 2.5.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

URGENT: ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

HI there Fellow DBS's This is really urgent. What I did: I moved my RBS file to another mount point. When I started the move I realised my Database was still up (online). When the file was done moving, I moved it back to the original directory. I then did a shutdown immediate and it took too long, so i did a shutdown abort. When I tried doing a startup I got the following error: SVRMGR> startup ORACLE instance started. Total System Global Area 802885792 bytes Fixed Size 73888 bytes Variable Size 433106944 bytes Database Buffers 368640000 bytes Redo Buffers 1064960 bytes Database mounted. ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced This is my production database. I need to get it back up ASAP. The only solution I have now is to do a restore from a hot backup and recover to a point in time..... Is there perhaps a easier solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

URGENT : connection problem

Hi Guys, I just created a second database in my NT machine, no problem in installtion now I try to configure SQL*Net, it is not successful. I have this error : SQL> connect system/manager@test ERROR: ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor BUT when I issue this, look it works ...why \t SQL> connect system/manager Connected. Also we use Oracle Name server instead of local sql*net, I added the entry to Name server and restart it as well !! No luck yet .. and I think when you use Oracle name server you only need Listener.ora .. Am I correct \t And here is my listner file : # D:\ORACLE\ORA81\NETWORK\ADMIN\SQLNET.ORA Configuration File:\Oracle\Ora81\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora # Generated by Oracle Net8 Assistant TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = C:\temp TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT = on TRACE_DIRECTORY_SERVER = C:\temp TRACE_FILE_CLIENT = Net8trac.log TRACE_FILE_SERVER = net8traS.log TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = ADMIN TRACE_LEVEL_SERVER = ADMIN SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 0 NAMES.PREFERRED_SERVERS = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = tod__d01)(PORT = 1575)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = tod__d02)(PORT = 1575)) ) NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (ONAMES, TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME) Can you rescue me from this stuck stage ... Also TNSPING works Z:\frank>tnsping test ( test is my instance name ) TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.5.0.0 - Production on 19-JUN-01 14:09:34 (c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. rights reserved. Attempting to contact (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=MOON.DEV.BEMANY.COM)(PORT=1521)) OK (120 msec)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unable to connect to database

Hi - I'm an Oracle newbie having just installed it on my winxp box for a university project. I've been trying for some time now to connect to it using sql+ but haven't been able to do so. I think I've got my tnsnames.ora file configured correctly: SIMONDB = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.1.162)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = Oracle) ) ) I'd like to be able to connect using the service name "Oracle", but it just doesn't seem to work!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unable to connect / as sysdba

, I'm using a solaris9 machine with oracle9i SE installed. When i try to connect / as sysdba in sqlplus, the following error came out. Error ORA-01031: insufficient privileges How do I configure so that the machine accept connect / as sysdba to login to sqlplus I login in as root. Thank you. Keith
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Track users connection

I'm just wonder if there's a way to track the number of users accessing the database in one day because I need to track the average number of users per day for one month I know that I can use the audit_trail option, and I've been reading all the Oracle documentation, but none of them show me how to do it (example). Can you explain this to me in detail on how to do it I would truly appreciate your help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

TNS-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection

I am trying to setup a 9.0.1.3 listener to service both 9.0.1.3 and 8.1.7.3 databases on Solaris 2.8. Regular dedicated connections and OCI Java connections work without a problem. JDBC Thin connections fail with an error of: Code: Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(ERR=12518)(VSNNUM=150999808)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12518)(EMFI=4))(ERROR=(CODE=12560)(EMFI=4)))) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(Compiled Code) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(Compiled Code) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(Compiled Code) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.(Compiled Code) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(Compiled Code) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(Compiled Code) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code) at thintest.main(Compiled Code) In the listener.log, I get the following error: Code: TNS-12518: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error My listener.ora entry looks like: Code: LISTENER = (DESCRIPTION_LIST = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0)) ) (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oradev1)(PORT = 1521)) ) ) ) SID_LIST_LISTENER = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc) (ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/app/oracle/product/817) (PROGRAM = extproc) ) (SID_DESC = (GLOBAL_DBNAME = ibdev1.us) (ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/app/oracle/product/817) (SID_NAME = ibdev1) ) ) And I'm trying to connect with: Code: Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@oradev1:1521:ibdev1", "myuser", "mypass"); Anybody have any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sqlplus: can I connect without actually connecting

Is there a way (without writing a shell script) to see if a username/password will be able to connect to sqlplus, without actually connecting so if I do: sqlplus scott/tiger I just want a boolean result, not actually connect to the database.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Several TNS connection

My computer is a mess, I have several TNSNAMES.ORA, SQLNET.ORA , How can I know the sql*plus or TOAAD program use which of them Any way to know that Does OEM use TNSNAMES.ORA as well \t I can't connect to oracle servers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RMAN connection

Hi all, I am trying to connect to Prodcution with RMAn but But when i do that it gives me rman target sys/********* But it connects to the test database like Test7test but I want to connect to Prd7Prd instance How can i do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

remote connectivity

Hi Guys, I am not able to connect remote oracle server from my client.The remote system is connected through a satellite link.What are the steps I have to follow in configuring Oracle server to access from client.Reply immediately.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem in connecting ORA-06413

I need help resolving this error. I got this error this morning on the new pc I am setting up. As far as I can remember it was working yesterday when I shut down. After I got this error I blew away the Oracle 8.0 client that was on the on it and have installed Oracle 8.1.7 client on my new Dell GX110 . I still get this error when trying to connect using SQLPlus or one of my Oracle apps. I copied my TNSNAMES.ORA from my old machine and have defined new connections with the network assistant. My TCP/IP works fine and I can connect to a unix server and use SQLPlus there. I couldn't deinstall the 8.0 using the 8.1.7 de-installer so I drug them to the trash and flushed them. What causes this error What do I have to do to fix it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PHP oracle OCI connect to Oracle 7

Hi I'm writing a php script that connects to a Oracle 7 database using OCI. The login is successful, the function OCIServerVersion() returns the server version text correctly But when I perform a select statement, the data fetch is corrupted for example "\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

connecting to oracle using UDL file

Hi , I want to test the connection to Oracle database using UDL file. How can I do that. below is my connection string that I am using to connect to Oracle database in asp.net application. How can I acheive the connection testing using the UDL file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Can not connect to oracle db when using 64 bit client (microsoft ole db provider for oracle)

My application is windows app built up in visual studio 2008, vb.net (X86 mode).The machine have windows 7 64 bit OS. The application is using Oracle as database (seperate server m/c). The application is working fine when I useoracle client 10g 32 bit version. When I uninstall oracle client 10g 32 bit andinstall the oracle client 10g 64 bit,the application starts throwing the following error. Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed. The application was originally on vb6. It was converted into vb.net. So I am using the following connection string (microsoft ole db provider for oracle). StrConn = "Provider=MSDAORA.1; Data Source=ABC;User Id=XYZ;Password=XYZ123;" Is there any ole db provider for oracle64 bit version available
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!