Execute Sp

Basic question how to you execute a stored procedure in ORACLE

For example in SQL SERVER its just EXEC Proc_Name ParameterValues

How the hell do you do this in oracle i just want to test if my stored procedure works.

Many
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:13:09 AM Total Views:  207
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

What type of INDEX ??

I have a column in a table that has the following type of values: M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 M6 M7 What type of index can we create here, for queries on this column select * from table where column = 'M7'; I was thinking of reverse key index. Will this do even if the query is as given above
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

resizing datafiles

under 8.1.6 on hp-ux i initially created datafiles of size as much as 2gb but it's nomore necessary so now i want to reclaim the extra space . when i query dba_free_space it shows 1gb as free space but the cmd alter db datafile resize 1000M fails. says in use. can i export ( full) and then create manually datafiles of my choice before i import will it throw errors
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

usage of rman

dear gurus can you explain from the scratch how to do a back up and recovery using rman in nt. also can you explain how to do back up and recovery using the dba studio thanx in advance swaminathan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Processes Parameter Confusion!

Hi all! Query: 1.WE have Oracle v8i and OS NT with Frontend Oracle D2k v6i(Forms & Reports): a.Suddenly we received the error msg: ora-00020:Processes exceeds 115 . We increased the Processes parameter from 115 to 250 and when reconnected,sql*plus worked for sometime and then again after 10 minutes,same error occured: ora-00020:Processes exceeds 250. We again increased the Processes parameter from 250 to 280 but once again shortly after 15 minutes the same error occured: ora-00020:Processes exceeds 280. Please forward your suggestions as to what caused this to happen and how do we solve this problem!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

partition is not used with sysdate...

Hi Guys, I have a big partitioning table and the partition key is date. It has monthly partitions and at any given time there are 12 partitions online. One of our user runs a report and he needs to select data for last 8 days . If he uses exact dates , e.g. xxxx Where partition_key column between '01-Nov-2004' and '08-Nov-2004' , it works fine , the results come back in a few minutes . But on the other hand if he use : xxxx where partition_key_column between sysdate -8 and sysdate , it goes after the entire table and the result never comes back even after a few hours! To make this report generalize, the user have to use sydate in the long run. Any guess , why using sysdate does not let the query goes after a specfic partition whereas using exact date does We have tried using to_date(sysdate,'dd-mon-yyyy') but that does not help as well.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reinstalling ORACLE 7.3.3

Hi ALL, I am going to be reinstalling ORACLE 7.3.3 on a HP UNIX box. Can someone please shed some light as to how I should go about doing that DO I need to uninstall the version of ORACLE How
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine

My web site that connects to the Oracle database works fine with windows 2000 32 bit os and other 32 bit pcs. When I deploy it to a windows 2008 server 64bit server with IIS7I get the following error The 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.\t I gave every user under the sun permission to the oracle folder, still I get the same error. Could any one help please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ODBC Problem - quotes

I am trying to insert some html code into a mySQL database using C# but have run into problems. There are all sorts of characters in the code such as single and double quotes which interfere with the SQL syntax. What is the solution The code itself is not to fear since it is not user generated but is fetched from trusted sources. This is what I do: myInsertQuery="INSERTINTO...."; myOdbcCommand=newOdbcCommand(myInsertQuery); myOdbcCommand.Connection=cn; myOdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); I thought the Odbc classes took care of this automatically but perhaps I am missing something here the best, Vincent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Changing the password when expires

We have developed a .net2.0 application using asp.net, vb.net and oracle9i. From the appl. we pass the datasource=;userid=;password=; to validate the username and password against the user_users table in oracle. When the password is expired, We are forcing the user to change the password through a screen which uses... ALTER USER IDENTIFIED BY REPLACE But the moment this statement excecute in the appl, its throwing an error msg saying "your password has been expired" and not allowing the user to change the password. The same password expired case, If I try to login using TOAD or SQLPlus, Its immediately throwing a dialog box to change the password. Any idea how do I change my password when it expires
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MySQL 4.0.16 does NOT support subqueries. Help needed in writing alternative SQL.

I just figured out that MySQL 4.0.16 does NOT support subqueries/nested selects. Please help me write a query that will look like the above, without using subqueries.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!