Collapse a matrix to a single line item

I think it would be best to use a simple example to explain my problem. The table below needs to become compressed into to distinct line items
Customer_No Hair SP_Code Gender Age Colour Weight
1 blonde 123 M null null null
1 blonde 123 null 23 null null
1 blonde 123 null null Green null
1 blonde 123 null null null 98
1 blonde 123 null null null null
2 Blue 444 F null null null
2 Blue 444 null 28 null null
2 Blue 444 null null Pink null
2 Blue 444 null null null 64
2 Blue 444 null null null null

Needs to become

Customer_No Hair SP_Code Gender Age Colour Weight
1 blonde 123 M 23 Green 98
2 blue 444 F 28 Pink 64

I have over 163 000 'customers' and customer_no is not necessarily consecutive. There may not exist a customer 3 for example. ie Customer 1, Customer 2, Customer 4...etc. Is there any way to loop through the procedure and pick up the customer_no that exists in the Customer_no column

Thank-you very much for your time.

Banner:
Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
"CORE 11.2.0.2.0 Production"
TNS for Linux: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:15:16 AM Total Views:  351
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Warning: Intuit TurboTax breaks Oracle

I installed Intuit TurboTax on my Win XP professional laptop. Found i couldn't connect to my local Oracle 9iR2 EE database -- sqlnet error. Turns out that turbo tax also installs C-Dilla (as a service, and without either permission or notification). this broke oracle, and had to be disabled before i could connect to the db.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Viewing Ora Errors

When I am using the Oracle related errors specification i.e, ora-**** on Unix flavour OS i can get but while working on the WINDOWS OS I cannot retrieve the same error related message while tying the same message. Could anyone help me as to how I should extract the error and its related message on the prompt.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unexpected growth of a RBS

I have a data base with 12 RBS's, one of them have 2177 extents, 2169 extends, 2205 wraps and it have grown more than 200 times the size of the other RBS's, is this normal, a colleague made a big move to copy a great amount of rows from a MS Access data base to a table of that data base. Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

reverse enginering

all expert, I'd like to know does anyone has a script which can do reverse enginering of the database, such as table definitions,packages,triggers,etc I know Erwin can do it, but I do not have Erwin software.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Ref:(Few queries on Hot Backup)

I have few queries on Hotbackup which are as follows: 1. Will it make any difference in performance of Hotbackup , if the the hotbackup is taken by putting all the tablespace in 'Backup' mode or putting tablespaces in Backup' mode by one by one. 2. Will it make any difference in performance of tablespace backup , if the one of the script is performing DML operations on the objects in the tablespace while it is being backedup. 3. Are there any difficulties in recoveries , if the hotbackup is taken at a time for all tablespaces in one go , one by one tablespace. If there are difficulties , which way is best Please give reply for my above queries , as our hotbackup is taking lot of time to get finished. Cheers,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Recover DB to different Host

Hi , I need to recover DB to different host. Both Host are WIN2K running Oracle 817. I've got a hot backup of the database from Host A using RMAN/Veritas, and need to recover to Host B. Anyone done this. I've read various metalink references, but nothing seems to cover it comprehensively. Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

re: need help with ORA-00947

hi! , I am using sqlplus ... I have a procedure x in user abc. I am trying to create the same procedure x in user jkl. I selected the text from user_source into notepad and saved it as a sql file. The formatting got all screwed up so I tried my best to format it and run the sql file from the sqlplus prompt of user jkl. I am geting the following errors .. SQL> @c:\tsrtrafficdtalinking.sql Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors. SQL> show errors Errors for PROCEDURE TSRTRAFFICDATALINKING: LINE/COL ERROR -------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- 133/20 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored 133/36 PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values 167/23 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored 167/39 PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values 211/23 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored 211/39 PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values 223/23 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored 223/39 PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values 262/26 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored 262/42 PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values 275/26 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored 275/42 PL/SQL: ORA-00947: not enough values How do I rectify this \t Is there any where of directly creating the procedure in user jkl without having to create a sql file and then running the sqlfile ..\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PCTTHRESHOLD CALCULATION

My block size 8K. My tablespace DATAAPR setting is ora816 SamSQL :> select tablespace_name,initial_extent,next_extent,min_extents,pct_increase from user_tablespaces 2 where tablespace_name='DATAAPR'; TABLESPACE_NAME INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT MIN_EXTENTS PCT_INCREASE ------------------------------ -------------- ----------- ----------- ------------ DATAAPR 40960 40960 1 50 I created an IOT tablespace without specifying Overflow tablespace as follows ora816 SamSQL :> create table empiot (empno number,ename varchar2(580),salary number, 2 constraint empiot_pk primary key (empno)) 3 organization index tablespace dataapr 4 pctthreshold 10; Table created. When i change size if ename column from 580 to 590 i am getting the following error. ora816 SamSQL :> ed Wrote file afiedt.buf 1 create table empiot (empno number,ename varchar2(590),salary number, 2 constraint empiot_pk primary key (empno)) 3 organization index tablespace dataapr 4* pctthreshold 10 ora816 SamSQL :> / create table empiot (empno number,ename varchar2(590),salary number, * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01429: Index-Organized Table: no data segment to store overflow row-pieces The error can be resolved by specying the overflow tablespaces, but according to my table definition if the entire row is greater than 10% of the blocksize then it will go to overflow tablespace. How this calculation is going on . How my definition above is more than threshold limit of 10%. I go through the Oracle Manual and also though various white papars. but still this doubts is not clear.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

parallel nologging is not faster.

i have 8 cpu. i am the only user. create table p ( p int); begin for i in 1..1000000 loop insert into p values (i); end loop; end; / set timing on create index myindex on p(p); Elapsed: 00:00:43.55 drop index myindex; create index myindex on p(p) parallel(degree 4) nologging; Elapsed: 00:00:53.19 why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle.exe crashes

Whenver i connect to my oracle server and execute any SQL script, the DB crashes ie., oracle.exe dies immediately. Alert log doesn't give any clue. Normal sql script just runs fine, but only when we execute some scripts it is crashing I have 10g db on windows 2003 (64 bit).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reg AWR report analysis

Hi , My database is sitting on Win 2003 HP server. Database size is about 2TB. and we are using onlt FTS. no indexes. have 2000 datafiles scaterd in diferent SCSI drives. Could any body suggest me which keypoints i need to see in AWR report to analyze it. Please help me. I have the .html AWR reports with me....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Quick question about dmp file

Is there any way I can figure out whether the export was done using oracle 8 or 8i I have dmp file from a customer.. he says it is 8 but when I try to import it in oracle 8, it gives a error about hex..which is a typical error if you try to do oracle8i import in oracle8. When I did that in oracle8i it worked..it is not something that is stopping my work but just annoying.. I cannot open that dmp file using any editor... it is too huge. Any way of finding it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

pre-cache tables

Is there a way to cache tables or row cache tables into memory at database startup time The reason I want to do this is because when the database first starts up, some queries take a long time to execute, but subsequent executions of the queries are faster (even if the selection criteria has changed). I've analyzed the timings of the query and the parsing time is minimal compared to the execution/fetch times.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Nested Select Statement MySQL Query

, I need help creating a nested Select statement in MySQL. Currently I have a query that uses a couple inner joins to return a result set. The query and results are as follows; SELECTDISTINCTNoAdmit.InquiryID_fk,Patient.Name,Inquiry.DecisionMade,Inquiry.Date,Inquirer.Name,Inquirer.ProgramfromPatient\t\t\t\tINNERJOIN(InquiryINNERJOINNoAdmitonNoAdmit.InquiryID_fk=Inquiry.IDInnerJoinInquireronInquirer.ID=Inquiry.InquirerID_fk)on\t\tInquiry.PatientID_fk=Patient.ID InquiryID_FK Name DecisionMade Date Name Program 1 Nick Do Not Admit 1/2/2012 John Doe Program1 Since this query is used in an SQLDataSource I would like to append to it to also include this query; SELECT * from DecAdmit Where DecAdmit.ActualAdmitDate > GetDate() Basically saying, that if the ActualAdmitDate field has a date value that is later than todays date that include that in the resultset. I am just unable how to add this as a nested Select statement or another Join. The join could be used on Inquiry.ID = DecAdmit.InquiryID_fk
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Coding a oracle package

Wondering if you could help me. I have a package already created that inserts into a few tables but am having trouble cpoming up with the code to append the paremeters from the the form to the command.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

mysql assembly problem in asp.net

Hi , \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t i am using backend mysql with asp.net. its all working fine in local mechine but when i upload to server (i,e when i deploy website into server) i am getting error like "Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. " can any one help me please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-24338: statement handle not executed

How are all here I am working with ASP.Net 1.1 with oracle database. I have a page which searches the users based on either First Name, Last Name or Phone No at least. I have wrote a stored procedure for it. When I run the page, it works fine for First Name and Last Name. But when I want to search with Phone No, it throws the following error : ORA-24338: statement handle not executed. This error occurs when DataAdapter is trying to fill the DataSet object. What is happed with it Can anybody let me know please as soon as possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Server error for a Web page with mainframe database

Just successfully created a GridView web page on VWD 2005 Express. The data source is a VERSA DB2 database. Clicking "Test Query" displayed the selected one-row data.\t\t The Select statment is : select * from cmst34 where cmst_claim_no='C89810' However when tested the web page, an error msg popped up:\t Server Error in '/DataDrivenVWD' Application. Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified, and either the requested interface was not IUnknown, or the provider does not support COM aggregation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified, and either the requested interface was not IUnknown, or the provider does not support COM aggregation. Source Error: Anunhandledexceptionwasgeneratedduringtheexecutionofthecurrentwebrequest.Informationregardingtheoriginandlocationoftheexceptioncanbeidentifiedusingtheexceptionstacktracebelow. Stack Trace: [OleDbException (0x80040e22): Non-NULL controlling IUnknown was specified, and either the requested interface was not IUnknown, or the provider does not support COM aggregation.] System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper) +209 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) +118 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) +53 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +27 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +47 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +37 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +121 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +137 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +83 System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1770 System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17 System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149 System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70 System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4 System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82 System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +41 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360 Something wrong with the Data Link Properties TIA, Jeffrey
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do anybody know about notification for Oracle Database server?

Dear, Can anybody say is it possible to implement query notification for Oracle Server. Or is there any other alternatives to do so. Actually we need a Oracle Sitemap provider and so we R looking for such things.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem retrieving data

hello, Since this morning I am stuck!! I dont know what is wrong! I have build anweb service which work fine But when I build a windows application which call my web method of the web service It happen nothing. In fact my two methods are a retrieve data and an update data when I click to the retieve data button it don't happen anything and when i debug I can see that the program call the web method and go back to the button sub. here is a piece of my code from the web service Public Function RetrieveData() As Dataset1 Dim DataBag As New Dataset1() OracleDataAdapter1.Fill(DataBag) Return DataBag End Function here is a piece of my code from the Winform Private Sub btnRetrieveData_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnRetrieveData.Click Dim ws As New WindowsApplication1.localhost.Service1() ws.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials UIDataBag.Merge(ws.RetrieveData()) End Sub If someone know what happen to me, please tell me....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to use oracle stored procedure to send mail with attachment.

i want to send mails internally and externally for eg. i want to send mail to my boss in the company and also to the customer which doesnt belong to our domain. "abc@companyName.com and abcd@rediff/gmail.com" and also i want to attach an excel file which is stored in my computer. so how am i going to access that file through the same procedure and then attach the file and send it to both internal as well as external email ids. pls help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

1036 (ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number)

I'm using formdetails to add/update data. On one page, it is working fine, on another I keep getting the error 1036 (ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number) when I try to update a record. I've taken the update statement down to as basic a statement as possible in order to identify the problem and have used sqlmonitor to see what is being passed to Oracle. Below is what I get in the trace. I just don't see what the problem can be. sam_account_name is varchar(30) ----------------------------------- Timestamp: 09:18:53.816 UPDATE t_users SET sam_account_name = :sam_account_name WHERE sam_account_name = :sam_account_name sam_account_name = 'm' Execution time: 0 ms Runtime error occurred: 1036 (ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number) ----------------------------------- this is the asp definition thx Graham
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with cascading join on saem table

Hi , I've got a salesperson table with 4 columns: id name role (1 = national manager, 2 = regional manager, 3 = local manager, 4 = salesperson) manager_id I need to create a joined result set that displays national manager in col 1, and all regional managers within that, in col 2, and all local managers within that, in col 3, and finally all salespeople within that, in col 4. Even if a salesperson is directly linked to a national manager I need to still display the national manager in col1 and the salesperson in col4 (with col2 and 3 NULL in this case). this SQL returns the correct results, but for the above problem it puts the national manager in col3 and NULL in col 1 and 2. I need the columns to be correct. SELECT tblManagersnat.sp_id, tblManagersnat.sp_name, tblManagersnat.role, tblManagersreg.sp_id, tblManagersreg.sp_name, tblManagersreg.role, tblManagersreg.manager_id, tblManagersloc.sp_id, tblManagersloc.sp_name, tblManagersloc.role, tblManagersloc.manager_id, tblSalesPeople.sp_id, tblSalesPeople.sp_name, tblSalesPeople.role, tblSalesPeople.manager_id FROM tblSalesPeople LEFT JOIN tblSalesPeople AS tblManagersloc ON tblSalesPeople.manager_id = tblManagersloc.sp_id LEFT JOIN tblSalesPeople AS tblManagersreg ON tblManagersloc.manager_id = tblManagersreg.sp_id LEFT JOIN tblSalesPeople AS tblManagersnat ON tblManagersreg.manager_id = tblManagersnat.sp_id ORDER BY tblManagersnat.sp_name, tblManagersreg.sp_name, tblManagersloc.sp_name, tblSalesPeople.sp_name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bind Variable

Code: connstr = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;User ID=test;Password=tester;Data Source=SDE8" \t\t\t\tconn = New OleDbConnection(connstr) Dim InsCmd As OleDbCommand sql = "INSERT INTO WEDATA(WEID, WEOWNER)VALUES(ID_SEQ.NEXTVAL, :WEOWNER)" InsCmd = New OleDbCommand(sql, New OleDbConnection(connstr)) InsCmd.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter(":WEOWNER", OleDbType.VarChar, 255)) InsCmd.Parameters(":WEOWNER").Value = txtWeOwner.Text InsCmd.Connection.Open() InsCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() InsCmd.Connection.Close() I get an ORA-01008 Error! Once past that can I run multiple commands like sql = cmd1;cmd2
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Copy from table to DataSet from dataadapter Fill() method

I have a generic method which return DataSet. protected DataSet ExecuteDataSet(string Query); Some background information, I am using third-party data provider to get data from the table and the table is encrypted. ApolloTable table = new ApolloTable(); table.TableName = "C:\\Data\\employee.dbf"; table.OpenMode = ApolloOpenMode.ReadWrite; table.Open(); Can I copy data from the table to dataset without command eg. ApolloDataAdapter da = new ApolloDataAdapter(); ApolloConnection connection = new ApolloConnection(); connection.Database = "C:\\Data"; connection.Open(); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); da.Fill(ds, table); The reason I need to copy from table to DataSet if I need the 'table' to decrypt the table first.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

OleDb and PostgresSQL

hello can anyone tell me,what's wrong in my code \t I can't do a SELECT query from a databae. INSERT and DELETE works ( I use ExecuteNonQuery instead of ExecuteReader() ). I get such exception: 0x80040155 note: i translated lines below, so in your OS'es it might look a bit different, but very similar ;) Exception details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No available information about error:: 0x80040155. Row29:\t\t\t\t //{ Row30:\t\t\t\t\t\t //oCmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); Row31:\t\t\t\t\t\t oDR = oCmd.ExecuteReader(); Row32:\t\t\t\t\t\t //Label1.Text=oDR.GetString(0); Row33:\t\t\t\t //} [OleDbException (0x80040155): No available information ablout error:: 0x80040155.] \t System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +63 \t System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader.NextResult() +286 \t System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +269 \t System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +69 \t System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +7 \t ASP.NewFile_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs s) in D:\programy\aspnet\NewFile.aspx:31 \t System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 \t System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 \t System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750 Version:Microsoft .NET Framework:1.1.4322.2032;ASP.NET:1.1.4322.2032 I connect to the PostgreSql server using OleDb. If i use Odbc instead of that it is ok - WHY \t Or maybe someone has any other solution to connecting to the Postgre - Core Lab PostgreSQLDirect .NET is not good for me, becouse it is not free :(. I prefer OleDb because it is faster. here is my code: voidPage_Load(objectsender,System.EventArgss) { OleDbConnectionoConn; stringsConnString; stringsSQL; OleDbCommandoCmd; OleDbDataReaderoDR; sConnString="Location=test_postgres;Provider='PostgreSQL.1';UserID=postgres;DataSource=localhost;Password=postgres"; oConn=newOleDbConnection(sConnString); oConn.Open(); //sSQL="insertintomyTablevalues(3,'nowy')";\t//THISISOK sSQL="select*frommyTable";\t//THISDOESN'TWORK!!!! oCmd=newOleDbCommand(); oCmd.Connection=oConn; oCmd.CommandType=CommandType.Text; oCmd.CommandText=sSQL; oCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();\t\t\t\t//THISDOESN'TWORK!!!!!!!! //oDR=oCmd.ExecuteReader();\t//THISWORKSWITHINSERT,DELETEQUERIES oConn.Close(); oConn=null; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Applying MySql queries with Web.UI controls: Datagrid and Calender controls

people, I could not find explained examples or sample code about MySql database with Grid controls and calender controls. Could anyone send me some usefull url links to refer to sample code using C# language I am using MySql 5.0 database with MySql .net connetor 1.0.7 with ASP.net 1.1 and VS.net 2003. It would have been simpler to connect or merge the database tables within VS.NET,like SQL server. But I could not find a simplier way. Unless anyone comes up with a better idea. How easy it is to change syntax code from Sql,ODBC, Oledbto MySql Is it the case of find and replace or more configuration needs to be done These are the things I am trying to implement for my project: 1) Create a Calender control with clickable days (takes in a parameter, selected day in timestamp format). The calender should be mapped to a field in a table, so that I can see the contents of field on the calender , eg: status field - "Pending" 2) Secondly I need examples on how to display another aspx page on clicking a calender day. the other aspx file will show a DataGrid of what is the status of the room, i.e. I have to join 2 tables and display that on the new aspx file. Has anyone got some tips on how to start on this 3) Are they any examples that has combo boxes and push buttons on a DataGrid so that it can be selectable and output the selected contents on another Datalist. 4) How to implement a DataGrid with MySql connection to Database, in which the DataGrid has Page by page view, can be sortable, can be editable and removed Please provide some feedback on these,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Creating mySQL DB backup

what is the easiest way to create mysql db backup from asp.net page cheers,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Anyone had success with OLEDB Provider and Informix

Has anyone been able to get the OLEDB.net provider to work with INFORMIX. Here my connection code: DimoCnAsNewOleDbConnection("Provider=Ifxoledbc;Password=xxxxxx;PersistSecurityInfo=True;UserID=yyyyyyy;DataSource=db_name@server_name;ExtendedProperties='';ConnectTimeout=10") DimCmdAsNewOleDbDataAdapter("SELECT*FromAHFS",oCn) DimdsAsDataSet=NewDataSet() Cmd.Fill(ds,"ahfs") The error message I get back is: Invalid access to memory location. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Invalid access to memory location. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [OleDbException (0x800703e6): Invalid access to memory location.] System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) +20 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProviderError(Int32 hr) +23 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider() +97 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +106 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState) +44 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +98 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36 pharmdoc_dev.default3.ip_pull_drugs() in d:\Documents and Settings\srmc\VSWebCache\host-121.subnet-21.med.umich.edu\pharmdoc_dev\imv\test\default.aspx.vb:555 pharmdoc_dev.default3.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Documents and Settings\srmc\VSWebCache\host-121.subnet-21.med.umich.edu\pharmdoc_dev\imv\test\default.aspx.vb:564 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1263 Is it possible to use the OLEDB or should I use the ODBC instead. I do have 2.4 version of the Informix OLE DB installed and configured correctly.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What's the best method for this?

What's the best method for multiple installs (some are the same version) on the same server as far as the oraInventory directory is concerned There's got to be a better way than copying the /etc/oraInst.loc every time we install to a different $ORACLE_HOME. One slip, and oraInventory will be corrupted.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

UnRegistering MV Group

Hi As i have discuss some issue regarding Oracle Updatable Materialized View Environment. Now i need a biot more information. I have created an Updatable Materialized View Environment. Its working fine. When i perform and operation at the Master Site, have the impact at the Upadatable MV SIte and vice versa, But now i want to stop the impact from the Updatable MV Sites. In Short. just want to switch only on One Way Replication i.e. from Master to Mv. As we know that to make a MV Site to be updatable it must belong to a MATERIALIZED View group. Now i just want to unregistered it. But when i m executing the related procedure of DBMS_REPCAT.UNREGISTER_MVIEW_REPGROUP on the MV Site. It returns me back that the name of the group does not exist. The other way that i worked out is to remove the Materialized View Group from the MV Site. In this ay we can convert it into One Way Replication. But stiill. do u know any other way to perform the same. Cause in this case if we want to convert it back to two way Replication , we have to create the Materialized View Group again and have to add each Object in it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

UNINSTALL ORACLE ON LINUX 6.3

on Windows, we use Oracle Installer to uninstall Oracle, how about on Linux \t Where can I find uninstaller on Linux system. Sorry I am new with Linux and please barfe with me. Beside using Installer, do I need to delete anything else on the Linux system\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

tuning?

when tuning on a database, most of task are focus on sql tuning, my question is cost based optimizer is based on data distribution and all that, if data changed, the path optimizer selected may not be best. my question is if we write some code by using jdbc, should we change code all the time and recompile the code all the time to reflect the data distribute change since data change all the time, what's our best choice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

trigger

somebody tell me that triggers are not supported for parallel DML. what does that mean begin for i in 1..100 loop insert into a values (i,i); end loop; end; create trigger whatever before insert on b for each row begin :new.a:=:new.a+1000; end; insert /*+parallel(b,3)*/ into b (select * from a); 1, does trigger fired (i checked the result , it fired) 2, does insert parallel ( i think so). if that's true , what does "triggers are not supported for parallel DML" means
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transferring datafiles to new database

Good day . Im planning to copy the datafiles of one database to another database. eg. datafiles of devt dbase to test dbase Here are the steps ive prepared: 1. alter database backup controlfile to trace (devt dbase) 2. shutdown immediate (devt dbase) 3. copy datafiles and logfiles to new location (devt dbase datafiles) 4. edit the database name, in the trace file, in the create control file section. From devt to test. 5. edit the location of datafiles and logfiles in the trace file 6. edit init.ora of target dbase (comment out control file parameter) 7. run the trace file in target dbase (test dbase). 8. edit init.ora of new dbase and redirect control file parameter to the newly created control file. What concerns me is the create control file reuse database part of the trace file What does the reuse stands for Do i really have to run the create controlfile with the reuse option Another is the recover database part in the lower portion of the create control file Do i have to run this also
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

tables used by a active session

Hi.. I have a question about oracle... How can I detect which tables or objects are used by a active session now\t if I do not view the sql statement of the session and I do not turn the audit_trail on\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sql Tunning ..

EXPLAIN PLAN FOR SELECT /*+ INDEX(RH XPK_CUSTOMER_HOMES) INDEX(CD IDX_CUSTOMER_DETAILS) */ COUNT(CD.invoice_no) FROM CUSTOMER_DETAILS CD,CUSTOMER_INVOICES FI ,CUSTOMER_HOMES CH WHERE RH.CUSTOMER_ID = CD.CUSTOMER_ID AND CD.invoice_no = FI.invoice_no AND CH.invoice_no = CD.invoice_no AND FI.invoice_date BETWEEN to_date('01-feb-03') AND to_date('04-feb-03') ; Production SELECT STATEMENT Cost = 690412 SORT AGGREGATE MERGE JOIN SORT JOIN NESTED LOOPS TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID CUSTOMER_INVOICES 2 INDEX RANGE SCAN IDX_CUSTOMER_INVOICES NON-UNIQUE TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID CUSTOMER_DETAILS 1 INDEX RANGE SCAN IDX_CUSTOMER_DETAILS NON-UNIQUE SORT JOIN TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID CUSTOMER_HOMES 3 INDEX FULL SCAN XPK_CUSTOMER_HOMES UNIQUE Development SELECT STATEMENT Cost = SORT AGGREGATE NESTED LOOPS NESTED LOOPS TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID CUSTOMER_INVOICES 2 INDEX RANGE SCAN IDX_CUSTOMER_INVOICES NON-UNIQUE TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID CUSTOMER_DETAILS 1 INDEX RANGE SCAN IDX_CUSTOMER_DETAILS NON-UNIQUE TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID CUSTOMER_HOMES 3 INDEX UNIQUE SCAN XPK_CUSTOMER_HOMES UNIQUE Production is very slow . tables and Indexes are analyzed. all parameters are same in dev and production .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Snapshot to old wehne index-partion-rebuilds

; could this really happen a snapshot to old error, during index -rebuild and how does oracle manage to rebuild an ind without locking the table Does is apply the changes via a log after recreating the table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sission SQL

Hi My clients use JDBC to connect to Oracle so, How can I show each Sql statement which is generated by any session
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Service problem

Hi... Two NT servers, two 8I databases, connection through RAS NT service, Listener Connect_TimeOut parameter is 0, Operating system connection works well, no firewall, no NAT, connection speed is 33 kb/s, all TNSNames and Listner configuration are right, ping from the first server to the second works fine, but when I try to connect through Oracle service I get the ora-12535 error. By the way oracle service connecting through EtherNet connection works fine but my problem has oocured when I try RAS connection over phone line. Have I missed any thing to avoid the error\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

roles and privs

, What view do I query to in order to know what roles and privileges have been granted to users; I know the view v$pw_passwordfile only shows users who have been granted the sysdba and sysoper role, but what about the others
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Question about Checkpoint not complete

I have a rac environment with two nodes.The database version is 10.2.0.1. I am seeing checkpoint not complete in my alert.log quite frequently. I had 4 redo groups with two members in each group of size 50mb.My database is in archive mode. After seeing this message i have added 4 new groups with size 150mb. The message went away for some time but it appears again. I want to get the suggestion do i need to drop the 4 groups which were having small redo logfile of size 50mb. I was reading abot archive_lag_target parameter do i need to set this parameter or what should i do in order to correct this warning in the alert.log.This is happening on production system.Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Please help me

My platform is Oracle 10g under Windows 2003 . My database is in NOARCHIVELOG.Its complete dump file sizes 646MB,very important database and can't miss any data.Everyday It is exported in a schedule per day.I found the control files and online redo log files are multiplexed to the same drive. I am new here. I think if any failure occurs now, I can't bring it back to point-in-time recovery. Could you tell me your suggestions in a simple way and how to implement it and the backup procedures I should follow A learning DBA.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Personal Oracle Problem

I installed personal oracle on my pc at home and when I go to the dos prompt and type svrmgrl it doesn't know what I am talking about. It keeps saying bad command or file name. Any ideas what is wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

performance tuning

oracle guru's, iam a chicken in this database field and i was wondering if anyone of you could help me. I have a front end application for which i dont have the source code and i want to see how a certain form (the query) is getting executed (the explain plan). can anyone tell me how can i see what tables it is accesing and what indexes are being used\t\t any help would be gr8 full.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sql to send the email automatically which is to be send 3 days before birthday

, I got a taskto create abirthday e-card application where the e-card will be send toemployee3 days before his/her birthday.. My problem ison how to create the sql tosend the email automatically which is to be send 3 days before birthday.. This is the table I have regardingemployee information.. Please help..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

C# AS400 Case-insensitive search

Hi all, I'm having some issues doing case insensitive searchs. Basically when I search for "FRAME" it does not equal "frame". So I've looked at what people have done and unfortunately I can't get their sollutions to work for me. I've tried UCASE, LCASE, '%%', and a host of other possibilities. So I will post my searchbtn code for you to look at. Below is my code. This is what I need: I need to be able to do case-insensitive searches. For example, if I type is "FRAME" it will return all results even if it's "frame" in the DB. A little about me I'm a relatively new coder, I've been learning as I go. I write my code in VS2008, with windows Vista. I can't think of anything else you would need to know besides I'm at wits end with this case insensitive crap. protectedvoidSearchBtn_Click(objectsender,EventArgse) \t\t\t\t{ \t\t\t\t\t\tpartGrd.Visible=true; \t\t\t\t\t\tpartGrd.DataSourceID="Searchsource"; \t\t\t\t\t\tconn.Open(); \t\t\t\t\t\tstringsearchpart="SELECTcell1,cell2FROMstuffWHEREcell2LIKE'%"+searchTb.Text+"%'"; \t\t\t\t\t\tSearchsource.SelectCommand=searchpart; \t\t\t\t\t\tSearchsource.SelectParameters[0].DefaultValue=searchTb.Text.Trim(); \t\t\t\t\t\tSearchsource.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty); \t\t\t\t\t\tpartGrd.DataBind(); \t\t\t\t} Any and all help and suggestions would be great. I'm going to go find the bang head here for stress relief sign to put up on my wall for now.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with INSERT

i am trying to insert any data in a database but the code not work, im not good with mysql syntax but i think its the problem, 'cause the browaer dont show errors in my code it only dont insert the data. Here is the code: MySqlConnectionconn=newMySqlConnection(); \t\t\t\tstringconnstr=ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["fpkConnectionString"].ConnectionString; \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\tMySqlCommandcmd=newMySqlCommand(); \t\t\t\tconn.ConnectionString=connstr; \t\t\t\tconn.Open(); \t\t\t\tstringquerystring="INSERTINTOnoticias(titulo,texto)VALUES('"+TextBox2.Text+"','"+TextBox3.Text+"');"; \t\t\t\tcmd.Connection=conn; \t\t\t\tcmd.CommandText=querystring; \t\t\t\tcmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); \t\t\t\tconn.Close(); \t Pease, if anyone can help me...!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Altering db table

How I can alter db table wihtout executing sql query .Net framework provide access to metadat of table, by using that can we alter a db table yes, than how
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Returning newly inserted id

I am inserting a row using queries: declare id ... insert into A... () returning into id; insert into B () values(id,....); Everything works fine . How can I get this id back in my C# code\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!