Changing the password when expires

We have developed a .net2.0 application using asp.net, vb.net and oracle9i. From the appl. we pass the datasource=;userid=;password=; to validate the username and password against the user_users table in oracle.
When the password is expired, We are forcing the user to change the password through a screen which uses...
ALTER USER IDENTIFIED BY REPLACE
But the moment this statement excecute in the appl, its throwing an error msg saying "your password has been expired" and not allowing the user to change the password.
The same password expired case, If I try to login using TOAD or SQLPlus, Its immediately throwing a dialog box to change the password.
Any idea how do I change my password when it expires
Posted On: Wednesday 7th of November 2012 10:20:07 AM Total Views:  218
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Failsafe and load balancing while changing platform

I have 6 instances running on windows 2000 server A, upon failure i have the same set of hardware server B which will take up immediately mounting all the 6 instances, done by Oracle Fail safe. Its a kind of active-passive set up.The users will not even know the switch. the same kind of set up i need to do at diff site with Solaris servers going for active-active. In the windows config the 2nd server is always idle wasting the resources, being active-passive can have only fail safe.Now i want to have active-active to enable load balancing too by running the 2nd server. Is that possible, if so how to go about. I heared there is no Oracle Fail safe tool available for the Solaris platform.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

changing users

hai Oracle Can a dba change the table owner name. if yes how else no why regards yram
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

partition changing

Hi Presently, I have the table partitioned on col1. If I need to change the partition from col1 to col2, what is the best way to go about it The table has more than 500 million records based on partition on col1. I am running 8.1.6 on Tru64 sugestions are appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 20th October 2012
View Replies!

changing password privilege

hello all, i want to limit scott user for changing it's password, is it possible that scott can't change its password any more i will be appreciated that anyone help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

changing field name

Hi.. can anybody tell me how to change a field name .. i want to change a field name in a table from "order_creater_name " to "order_creator_name " .. is there anyway to do this Kindly reply Thanx Sarav
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

changing archive log size..

hi How to change archive log size Our Database archive log size is 6mb. Now, I would like to change it to 2mb. How can i do that What is the command Thanx in adv
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Restoring database using Cold Backup but changing SID

Hi I don't what I am doing correct but what I wanted is I have two Sun1 and Sun2 Servers on Sun2 I have database SID= CRP, on Sun1 I have Oracle Binaris . I wanted to create an instance on Sun1 using cold backup from Sun2. What I did 1. I took cold backup of CRp on Sun2 transferred to Sun1 in appropriate directory and permission 2. I created a trace file from Sun2 transferred to Sun2 3. Then I edited the control file to chnage SID from CRP to TST 5. I staretd the database with nomount option 6. Then I used the trace file to create a control file 7. I am getting the error CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "TST" NORESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG * ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed ORA-01161: database name CRP in file header does not match given name of TST ORA-01110: data file 1: '/d02/oradata/TST/system01.dbf' ORA-01507: database not mounted ALTER DATABASE OPEN Any Feedback
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

partition changing

Hi Presently, I have the table partitioned on col1. If I need to change the partition from col1 to col2, what is the best way to go about it The table has more than 500 million records based on partition on col1. I am running 8.1.6 on Tru64 sugestions are appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

slow performance changing oracle client oip23.dll to oip9.dll on XP

I have an VB application running on XP with oracle server 8.0.5, I just changed the oracle client oip23.dll to oip9.dll. I found that the performance has degraded by about 50%. No DB server or Application changes done. Please suggest some workaround for the issue.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Procedure for password change

I am trying to set up password expiration using a web pl/sql app running on 8.1.7 database and 9iAS. Oracle said that I need to build a procedure inside my application for password changes. Solution Explanation: ===================== Netscape and IE would have to have some kind of understanding for a universal call for password expiration and update. Since the development of webservers is done by serveral companies and there is no common message sent out from them to the browser when the password has expired, you need to write a custom application for each webserver make and version. Anybody ever done something like this, if so can you give me some coding ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

password for user

friends since the OS authentication problem is not yet solved on my system so in mean time iam planning to create users with password.My OS Win2000 and Oracle 8i.just like in OS how to create a user with a profile so that at first logon he need to change password .Can any one list the details. the remarks are appreciated. regards akhadar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

re: changing the database permanent settings

hi! , Working on Oracle Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 Is there any way to change the database permanent settings like the nls_territory , nls_date_format , nls_lang .. to reflect the changes in the nls_database_parameters ..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problems with password expiration box

I'm using Oracle 8i. Assume a user's password expired. He attempts to logon A 'change password' dialog box appears. This box allows the user to change his password 3 times before it actually closes. Could this be changed so that this box closes immediately after the first successful logon \t If not, could this box be suppressed completely \t Is this possible \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

password to run setup.exe in oracle 9i

I am new to oracle. I have downloaded the Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3 file that will enable me install oracle 9i on my system, but when I tried to run the setup.exe file in Disk1, it asked me for user name and password. The default username are 2. My name and administrator. But I dont know what password to use with any of these usernames Can anyone help pls.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

password file questions

I have a couple of questions regarding to password file authentication. 1. Only database users can be added to the password file, but not OS users, right 2. The syntax for creating password file is: orapwd file=file name password=pwd entries=greater than 0 What's the purpose for the parameter password My understanding is after we add user to the password file (by grant SYSDBA or SYSOPER), we actually use that user's password instead of the password for this file to connect to the instance as SYSDBA/SYSOPER. If that's the case, why do we need to create a password for the file itself 3. set oracle_sid=xx doesn't always work for me. I tried to verify password authentication from another oracle client by doing: 1) set oracle_sid=oradev1 2) sqlplus /nolog 3) conn elaine/test123 as sysdba And I got error msg: invalid login name and password. However, I know they are correct! So I tried to do conn elaine/test123@oradev1 as sysdba and it works! So why the set oracle_sid=oradev1 didn't do the job FYI -- I am using Oracle 8.1.7 on Win2000.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

password file

! I created a password file with ENTRIES parameter is 3. But then I can grant SYSDBA privilege to 5 different users. Why After deleting password file, Oracle still recognized 5 users above as SYSDBA. Why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Desktop database with password encrypted

We got a old style dBase tables (.dbf) with password encrypted. Is there a way using ODBC applying the password to decrypt and access/open the tables Currently we have developed an application(other language) applied this password so that the access control can display the table contents.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

lost system password

Hi.. Please provide the way, how i can change the Oracle "System" password. I lost my Oracle "System" and "Sys" passwords. How i can recreate a new password and one more thing i have to create new passwords only with remote login. Main server is : Windows server 2000 kindly provide the way as early as possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I get this message when trying to connect to Oracle database from ASP.NET. Username & password are correct, IIS installed. Here is my code: Imports System.Data.OleDb Dim DBConn As New OleDbConnection("Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=mysource;UID=myid;Password=mypwd") DBConn.Open() I checked everything I found on the internet, but still get this error. Can anybody help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Check the encrypted passwords of user in Sqlbase

My data isSqlBase, I create User and Password in tab Users (using sqlConsole window). - {In my User table not have password field} As I know that when I create user by sqlConsolethe password of this user was encrypted. Please, show me how to check UserID an Password from my Login Web designed by asp.net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!