Who's Idea was it?

Who's idea was it to change a forms property to wsMinimized when the Form was minimized while working in the IDE Without embedded designer, pressing F12 does indeed swap between code and Form, but it still allows the form to ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:57:06 AM Total Views:  226
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Unit SOUT was compiled with a different version of ZIN.Tcat... re-building doesn't fix it

Everyone, I changed a type I made called Tcat in unit ZIN and re-built the project. Unfortunatley the error poped up even after a re-build so I assumed the DCUs might be messed up. So, I renamed the DCUs and then re-built and got a 'File Not Found SOUT.dcu'. I put the path to the PAS files in my library path and browse path and I still get the same errors. I re-named the DCUs back to their original names and I'm getting the original error again about being compiled with a different version. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

I thought D2007 was supposed to address the 'dummy wndow' in Vista previews?

, Im probably missing something simple here but I have a D2007 app... Upgraded D7 project. But the application doesnt show as a live preview in the vista taskbar previews or in the 3d flip thingy. It just shows as a blank form or a blank form with a Dephi icon in the center. Id read this was caused by a hidden main form used in delphi applications and that this was corrected in D2007... so how do you get things working Inquiring minds and all. ;-)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Why the new string "policy" was a bad decision

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) wrote: > Actually, Windows itself is Unicode based, so you are /now/ converting > from AnsiString to Unicode for every API call, and you won't have to do > that with UnicodeString. Ok. Seamless converting is one thing (even if it was being converted already people didn't know it -- that's a good thing. ), requiring people to check and/or update all their code is another. Why the heck is that so bad to require people to review, update, or change change their sources just because CodeGear decided to make the default string type Unicode Think about it ... Some things that pop into my head are: (1) Well some of us deal with "legacy code". Do I really have to explain here that there are thousands of projects out there that may have been put on the "back burner" for a few years but may require an update later So now these applications will have to be "checked" or updated in order to introduce changes Isn't that creating problems for other developers for no good reason ( A potential answer to this problem: So instead of upgrading these developers will probably JUST KEEP and use their old Delphi.) (2) , what about all the code on the internet I'm not sure people realize the brain power required to comb-through all sample code you download off the internet just because it does "funny things" involving ansistrings. So now I have to "check" other peoples' sources for compatibility problems ( , good luck finding those problems too. ) Yes, a compiler flag would've been very useful; It would've solved a lot of issues I just mentioned. UGGGGGGGGGGG!!! This wasn't what Delphi was supposed to be about!!! Old code was suppose to work with the new Delphi. Now, it "may" or "may not". So is that what it's about now: Making it easy for CodeGear to upgrade their software while at the same time decreasing Delphi developers productivity in the real world I don't think so ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Is it good idea to Save/Load large TObjects using Stream ReadComponent/WriteComponent

I use TStream.ReadComponent and TStream.WriteComponent to save my Persistent object(TClientServer, can be up to 50mb in size) to stream and move to another application and load it again. This code works fine for some time and then it start throwing exception "Out of memory" on line AStream.ReadComponent(ASaver); while trying to load received stream to Object. Is this code suitable for large TObjects transferring
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 7th October 2012
View Replies!

I thought D2007 was supposed to address the 'dummy wndow' in Vista previews?

, Im probably missing something simple here but I have a D2007 app... Upgraded D7 project. But the application doesnt show as a live preview in the vista taskbar previews or in the 3d flip thingy. It just shows as a blank form or a blank form with a Dephi icon in the center. Id read this was caused by a hidden main form used in delphi applications and that this was corrected in D2007... so how do you get things working Inquiring minds and all. ;-)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Codegear sold : For how many U.S. dollars was sold ?

Hi For how many U.S. dollars was sold i have read : 23 MIL USD. but.... ONLY 23 mil. \t why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Re: your idea about my TQueue class.

Martin James wrote: > ocate enough circular space for, say, 16 references at startup. > If this space runs out, create another queue twice as big, move all > the references to the new queue and delete the old one, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

COM+ returns empty olevariant if properties was set

all, I fetch data from the SQL Server and pass them to client application with TClientDataSet, at the same time I would also like to set the properties of the COM+ interface, but to my surprise, the COM+ would ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Sending email whose body is RTF...

, I need to send an email whose BODY (i.e. NOT attachment) is RTF... Surely there is away to do this... No editing capability needed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which compontne was clicked?

If you have many components on a form and the user clicks on one of them, is there an easy way to tell which one was clicked (i.e. not having an OnClick handler for each one.) -- Replace you know ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Graceful exit from app

What are the pitfalls, if any, of using Halt I have an app where I undertake a series of checks in the formcreate event. If any checks fail, the user is prompted to correct and retry, or abort and exit. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Command line build questions : MSBUILD console output is either wickedlyverbose (compiling delphi .dprojs) or completely off.

The output when building a project (.dproj) from MSBUILD contains a very long path: Target CoreCompile: C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\dcc32.exe -B -I"C:\Progr s\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib";"C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\ /[[...... twenty more lines just like this snipped..... ]] / Can I make that output ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need interaction with programm made in C/C++

, another company that make software in C/C++ need to be able to move some 3D objects in my soft made with delphi and do some action. so the main part would be to move the mouse of my application. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 editor hanging

Has anyone else been experiencing this with the IDE editor This is what I get if I look at the Problem Details under Vista. It happens fairly often. I am not a speed typist so it can't be me pressuring ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 IDE - Choked by Edit Windows

D2007 on MS Vista Ultimate 32-bit w/4 GB memory. I have defined a desktop with 3 Editor windows side by side. There are also the usual IDE windows P. Mgr, Obj. Inspector, Tool Palette, and Structure,all undocked and neaty laid ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Create a new e-mail in Outlook Express with attachments (without sending it)

Hi ! I ran into the following problem: My program should be able to take a file (or some files), create a new e-mail in Outlook express, then attach the file to the e-mail - but without sending it, since ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Editor Window Epidemic - How to prevent?

D2007 on MS Vista Ultimate 32-bit w/4 GB memory. I have defined a desktop with 3 Editor windows side by side. There are also the usual IDE windows P. Mgr, Obj. Inspector, Tool Palette, and Structure,all undocked and neaty laid ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why the "Cannot Initialize Local Variables" ?

Hi Why isn't it possible to initialize variables during the declaration Just wondering, as this annoys me a bit. I'd much prefer to write this: procedure fortytwo; var s : string = '42'; begin showmessage(s); end; To this: procedure fortytwo; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 7 and XP 64-bit

I just got a new computer with XP x64 on it. D7 installs and the IDE will compile my projects correctly, but when I run in the IDE I get a bunch of weird exceptions. Do I need a newer ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Solution to a multithread problem

! I have been using a 3rd party library (which I don't have the code for) and I have been experimenting some lockouts with my application. The dll accepts an object on a callback function to return some file names ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!