What does $DF mean?

In this line of code from the Delphi 5 Mastapp demo program; what does $DF mean case Chr(Ord(DateFormat[I]) and $DF) of When I set a break and run the program the value of #DF is 223. Thank you so much, ...
Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 09:51:04 PM Total Views:  61
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Field does not have a corresponding component.

The D2007 IDE two-way tools parser is driving me crazy. I have experienced this bug many times before but it has gone away when the code is recompiled. The IDE warns me that some property in my code is not in the form. But it's not a property at all, it's a function or procedure in this case. It's making me insane. Argh! W
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

How does a SAN connect to a computer?

i've heard of this mythical thing called a SAN (Storage Area Network). It's not a hard drive. It's not a RAID array. It's not a fileserver on the network. It's not a fast connection to a bunch of fast hard drives. Wikipedia says that it's a special device that appears as though it's locally attached, but really it's not: "In computing, a storage area network (SAN) is an architecture to attach remote computer storage devices (such as disk arrays, tape libraries and optical jukeboxes) to servers in such a way that, to the operating system, the devices appear as locally attached." They indicate that a SAN is a black-box that acts like a giant hard drive, with mirroring, failover, expandable by adding more hard drives, etc. So if it's external to the computer, you must connect to it somehow. But if it acts like a hard-drive, it must be connected line a hard-drive. Does a SAN connect to a pc using something like external SCSI (whether it be fibre or not), or external SATA Does it require a custom PCI expansion card to do connection
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only manypc with WinXP

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only some pcs with WinXP. I have a form where it has a envents: OnShow -> MyFunc -> (can call Self.Close) What can I take Tanks, Rodrigo Teodoro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only manypc with WinXP

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only some pcs with WinXP. I have a form where it has a envents: OnShow -> MyFunc -> (can call Self.Close) What can I take Tanks, Rodrigo Teodoro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

TObject(String) doesn't work, how do I do this?

I have a TStringList and I want to save a string, and an object associated with it. This object assocaiated with it may sometimes be a string. When I have the case where the object is a string and I do MyObject as String I get errors. What is the proper way to do this I've also tried String(MyObject) and that doesn't give me the correct output, just '|'. - Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unit SOUT was compiled with a different version of ZIN.Tcat... re-building doesn't fix it

Everyone, I changed a type I made called Tcat in unit ZIN and re-built the project. Unfortunatley the error poped up even after a re-build so I assumed the DCUs might be messed up. So, I renamed the DCUs and then re-built and got a 'File Not Found SOUT.dcu'. I put the path to the PAS files in my library path and browse path and I still get the same errors. I re-named the DCUs back to their original names and I'm getting the original error again about being compiled with a different version. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Visa doesn't do a good job of painting

I'm curious if anyone has seen this. First, I don't have a very beefy video card. It a Radeon XPRESS 200 with 128 MB of dedicated video memory on my Vista machine which is a 3GHz with 1GIG RAM. Anyway, I notice that Vista doesn't paint windows very well. For instance, if I open up in delphi 2007 Tools > Options, the treeview of options on the left will often only partially paint, leaving several nodes blank. Moving the window slightly will force a repaint and then the treeview is painted normally as it should. I see it happening in a application that I'm working on where I show a custom message form. Randomly, once its dismissed the portions of the forms that it covered are not repainted leaving a "ghost" image of the portion of the custom message form that covered it before. Again moving the form slightly to force a repaint will get me the full repaint that should have been before. Has anyone seen this It really makes for a bad user experience and I fear that customers will think its a defect in my software. -- Warm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Problem building via the command line - Borland.Delphi.Targets file (for MSBuild) doesn't exist

I hope this is the right group - this is a command line issue, not a IDE one, but it seems the closest since it's the equivalent of an in-IDE action I've just installed RAD Studio 2007 (and it's great!) - everything works smoothly so far. My projects build, third-party components installed, all is looking good. What I'm trying to do now is the final step, getting a command line build script working. When I try to build via the command line, with a command like so: msbuild MyProj.dproj /t:Clean I get an error saying: C:\projects\MyProj.dproj(75,11): error MSB4019 : The imported project "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Borland. Delphi.Targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. Sure enough when I look in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727, the file doesn't exist. Nor can I find itelsewhere on the computer. The same thing happens for C++ projects, only looking for Borland.Cpp.Targets. That folder does have Microsoft .targets files, just no Borland ones. I am running using the provided Codegear command line that sets its environment variables. I have all updates and hotfixes applied, right up to the ilink patch that appeared the other day. I'm running Vista64, and running with or without admin privileges makes no difference (not surprising, since the files don't exist, but one old QC report similar to this was a privileges issue.) I even tried looking on the installation DVD to find the files in one of the zipped installation files, but I don't know which one has it, and lots have a password so I can't get in anyway. So, um... any help will be greatly appreciated! Cheers, David
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Why does Modal Form lose focus?

I have an app with several forms, one of which processes a long running task. While I have this form open modally I can click elswhere in my app several times and the modal form will go white and when the process has finished it has become hidden. This causes a lockup of the app because the form can't be accessed to close it. The app is running in a single thread and I do not appear to have any Application.ProcessMessages in my code (which I believe can cause this type of thing). Can anyone please tell me what might be causing this and how I can prevent it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Ctrl+Click doesn't work in one of my Delphi 2007 IDEs

everybody! I have a relatively new installation of Delphi 2007 at work, featuring the December 2007 update. During last few days I've started noticing that Ctrl+Click navigation doesn't work for anything that's declared outside of project files (i.e. anything not included in the .DPR file directly, but by project search path and global library path instead). Since this installation is only a few weeks old, I'm not really sure whether it just started failing, or whether it never worked in the first place. I've made sure that all source units are available to both compiler and debugger by adding the appropriate directories to the project's search path and the global browsing path. I've also added the same directories to the global library path, just in case IDE expected them to be there. Sadly, it made no difference. Projects compile and build fine, and even the tooltip help works for *all* identifiers. The Ctrl+Click and the Right-click+"Find declaration", however, do nothing on those *same* identifiers. Needless to say, it's /a bit/ tedious having to hover over identifier, wait for the tooltip, remember the unit name, go to the uses clause, find it there, select "Open file at cursor", then search for identifier with Ctrl+F, and repeat... To add insult to injury, I have a home installation of Delphi 2007, where everything works as expected. I can't seem to find any difference in settings. I've disabled all IDE experts, but that didn't help, either. I'm at a complete loss here, and Google seems unable to help me... What else is there beside the project library path, global library path, and the global browsing path What else affects the Ctrl+Click navigation --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

D7 doesn't break on errors, no debugging?

Somehow, my D7 fails to properly break on errors. I have "integrated debugging" and "Stop on Delphi exceptions" turned ON, but it simply doesn't do anything. :-/ Anyone got a clue -- Martijn Tonies Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle & MS SQL Server Upscene Productions http://www.upscene.com My thoughts: http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/ Database development questions Check the forum! http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Random message: The window does not have scroll bars

My app has infrequently displayed the message "The window does not have scroll bars" for a long time. Now however it is happening more often. It happens during a tform.create. I've dealt with it in the places it initially showed up by code like this try frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); except application.processmessages; frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); end; This seems to work in the cases where it is used, but the problem apparently has shifted to unprotected areas. I've googled this and found references to faulty MS CreateIcon or CreateDBitmap methods. Are these references correct when they claim there are bugs in MS software that wrongle detect a shortage of memory when there really is enough I'm using Eurekalog to look for memory leaks. It isn't finding any of significance. Any thoughts & ideas greatly appreciated. Jeremy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 7th October 2012
View Replies!

PostMessage doesn't seem to work

Any ideas as to why this works if I place it in the OnShow event but not the OnCreate event if LastFormKey = tagProject1 then PostMessage(Self.Handle,AfterFormCreate,0,0); By works I mean the event catching the message fires. Roy Lambert
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

MSBuild doesn't recognize User Environment variables from IDE??

I am trying to build my project for the first time from the command line. I can build and compile just fine from within the IDE. Following the instructions in the help file, I opened a RAD Studio Command Prompt and typed: msbuild myproject.dproj /p:configuration=release and it stopped with an error about not finding one of my 3rd party components. In order to make the search path more readable, I have placed all of my 3rd party components within subdirectories of my C:\Components folder. And I defined a user environment variable called $(COMP) that points to this directory. Well, apparently MSBuild doesn't have access to user environment variables used in the Delphi IDE. So, once again with Delphi 2007 we have a system where it is a pain to compile a project from the command line using the same settings as the IDE. This is very annoying. Other than making my $(COMP) environment variable a system-wide variable, is there a way to "fix" msbuild so that it will recognize my search path properly
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Application.Terminate doesn't on one machine

I have an app that has a home-grown update-from-the-network capability. It detects when a new setup is available, launches it, then quits, using application.terminate. But on one PC in the office it does not terminate, so the setup (inno) can't replace the exe. The one that fails is XP. It works on my vista laptop and on my win2k desktop. Any thoughts Jeremy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Why does Delphi Suck? "Root Element is missing."

Maybe I'm just getting a little frustrated by not being able to move away from Delphi and to more stable development environment... But I run Delphi 2007 for Win32 with the latest Update-Dec_2007 installed. Today when I started up my trusty Delphi 2007 under a stable vmware instance of WinXP SP2, I get the error "Root element is missing" after a couple of updates to the normal delphi-splash-loading-screen. There's two buttons available on the error dialog, "OK" and "Details". When I click on Details, I'm prompted with the below error dump and a button labeled "Send". Sadly, I'm using the free vmware-server and can't take multiple snapshots. I have no idea if this would have prevented Delphi from getting hosed, but it would have at least allowed me to return the computer back to a state before Delphi hosed itself. Any idea how to fix this error I'd love to not loose a day or so installing all of my legacy components back into the IDE. Ideas!! Sorry for the rant subject, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that's frustrated with their aging 1990's software development environment and it's multi-year hiatus from stability. [21E57312]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} InteropApp.TMSBuildOpenProject.Create (Line 972, "InteropApp.pas" + 1) + $36 [2000A455]{rtl100.bpl } System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 18047, "sys\system.pas" + 6) + $0 [21E57312]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} InteropApp.TMSBuildOpenProject.Create (Line 972, "InteropApp.pas" + 1) + $36 [21E587FF]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} InteropApp.MSBuildOpenProject (Line 1315, "InteropApp.pas" + 1) + $9 [209DB559]{coreide100.bpl} ProjectFileUtils.BeginEnvFileSave (Line 1124, "ProjectFileUtils.pas" + 3) + $5 [20AE3B09]{coreide100.bpl} EnvInitialize.TInitializeEnvFileSave.Send (Line 66, "EnvInitialize.pas" + 3) + $3 [20AE3CCA]{coreide100.bpl} EnvInitialize.SaveEnvOptions (Line 106, "EnvInitialize.pas" + 1) + $5 [21E550D3]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} InteropApp.TInteropHostAppManager.Create (Line 312, "InteropApp.pas" + 89) + $0 [21E87BC3]{dotnetcoreide100.bpl} DotNetReg.TDotNetRegEvents.RegisterInteropHostApp (Line 68, "DotNetReg.pas" + 0) + $7 [20D16ABD]{designide100.bpl} Events.TEvent.Send (Line 92, "Events.pas" + 2) + $11 [004138FB]{bds.exe } AppMain.TAppBuilder.CMPostCreateInit (Line 1852, "ui\AppMain.pas" + 18) + $8 [2013C527]{vcl100.bpl } Controls.TControl.WndProc (Line 5146, "Controls.pas" + 83) + $6 [201406A7]{vcl100.bpl } Controls.TWinControl.WndProc (Line 7304, "Controls.pas" + 111) + $6 [20159E7F]{vcl100.bpl } Forms.TCustomForm.WndProc (Line 3512, "Forms.pas" + 136) + $5 [2013FDD0]{vcl100.bpl } Controls.TWinControl.MainWndProc (Line 7073, "Controls.pas" + 3) + $6 [20040E4C]{rtl100.bpl } Classes.StdWndProc (Line 11583, "common\Classes.pas" + 8) + $0 [20137642]{vcl100.bpl } Controls.FindControl (Line 2104, "Controls.pas" + 6) + $9 [201625F0]{vcl100.bpl } Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage (Line 8105, "Forms.pas" + 23) + $1 [2016262A]{vcl100.bpl } Forms.TApplication.HandleMessage (Line 8124, "Forms.pas" + 1) + $4 [2016291F]{vcl100.bpl } Forms.TApplication.Run (Line 8223, "Forms.pas" + 20) + $3 [0042297A]{bds.exe } bds.bds (Line 195, "" + 7) + $7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

TObject(String) doesn't work, how do I do this?

I have a TStringList and I want to save a string, and an object associated with it. This object assocaiated with it may sometimes be a string. When I have the case where the object is a string and I do MyObject as String I get errors. What is the proper way to do this I've also tried String(MyObject) and that doesn't give me the correct output, just '|'. - Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Why does Modal Form lose focus?

I have an app with several forms, one of which processes a long running task. While I have this form open modally I can click elswhere in my app several times and the modal form will go white and when the process has finished it has become hidden. This causes a lockup of the app because the form can't be accessed to close it. The app is running in a single thread and I do not appear to have any Application.ProcessMessages in my code (which I believe can cause this type of thing). Can anyone please tell me what might be causing this and how I can prevent it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Random message: The window does not have scroll bars

My app has infrequently displayed the message "The window does not have scroll bars" for a long time. Now however it is happening more often. It happens during a tform.create. I've dealt with it in the places it initially showed up by code like this try frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); except application.processmessages; frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); end; This seems to work in the cases where it is used, but the problem apparently has shifted to unprotected areas. I've googled this and found references to faulty MS CreateIcon or CreateDBitmap methods. Are these references correct when they claim there are bugs in MS software that wrongle detect a shortage of memory when there really is enough I'm using Eurekalog to look for memory leaks. It isn't finding any of significance. Any thoughts & ideas greatly appreciated. Jeremy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How does Windows read the size given to the form?

I believe my display problem with D2006 (See D2006 always show small in borland.public.attachement) due to the Position property of D2006 not 'read' or 'passed' to windows. None of the settings for 'size' or 'position' having any effect on the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!