want help for developing Socket server with heavy traffic

Dear
I want to two write a Transaction socket server that can handle heavy
traffic.I need some advise and help in design.
The clients actions are onnect,SendRequestStr,GetResponseStr,Disconnect.
Expected traffic is about 300 Transaction per second.
Request processing is about 0.5-1 seconds.

-What is your advice o implement it
-use TSocketServer or TIdTCPServer which have better performance
-what value should be set for the thread pool size for above specs
-Develop server Application as Win Vcl app or console application
-As you know every clinet conection builds a thread to response, in
multi processor (dual or quad) how distribute threads between them as
single exe application
-if I want to use win64 and 64bit computer power,The only compiler for
delphi is FreePascal. is it approved for heavy and commercial applications
Posted On: Sunday 30th of September 2012 11:57:57 PM Total Views:  257
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how to get the currency symbols in microsoft SQL server using Delphi 7?

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Problems with F1 help

Hi all, I am having problems with the Delphi 5 help files, (after transfer to new computer). The problem is, I am NOT getting the F1 help comming up on commands. That is, if I have the line: MessageDlg('File does not exist!',mtWarning,[mbOk],0); And I have the cursor on 'MessageDlg' and Press F1, then usually the Help file will open up showing the help for 'MessageDlg'. Instead I get a 'Help Topics List', with NO listing for 'MessageDlg'. Even if I click on a topic (like 'MessageSize Event') I just get, 'The Topic does not exist. Contact your vendor for updated help file (129)'. It appears Delphi 5 is NOT 'seeing' the help files! I am guessing it is something I did with the manual transfer of the settings and component files. That is, I got a new computer, installed D5, then copied various files from the old computer over to the new. In that process, I must have stuffed the 'help' searching Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Can't get "Search for help on..." to work with a HtmlHelp

I'm converting an old WinHelp helpfile to HtmlHelp because I don't want a user to get a raspberry when he installs my app on Vista and presses F1. But I can't get this line: Application.HelpCommand(HH_DISPLAY_SEARCH,LongInt(@q)); to do anything except open the helpfile. There's a Microsoft bug report on this, Q241381, but it dates from 2002. Is it really still broken, or am I missing something I want is for the .chm file to open with the Search tab showing (instead of whatever the user had showing last). HH_DISPLAY_INDEX doesn't seem to work either. I expect it to show the Index tab but it also shows whatever the user had showing last. -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

d2007 help again

I love Delphi and have been using it since D2. I'm am becomming so angry with the help system. I do ONLY win32 development in pascal/delphi. I want to turn off Visual Basic, J++, C++, JScript, ..net, .net compact framework, and actually except for specific projects, blackfish Sql, dinkumware, indy, intraweb and rave reports. I don't want to just turn on Language Delphi or Platform SDK or Rad Studio or Rad Studio for Win32 Platform. What the hell! If I know which area the help was in, I most likely wouldn't even need the help. I see improvement in the help content -- when I can actually find what I'm looking for but the index and filtering system totally sucks--as well as the full 30 second delay the first time you invoke help or when you set a filter. Why not provide a simple check box for each of the filters that would let us UNCHECK the content that has no bearing on what we're doing and then make it stick until we change it. Even when I filter for Laguage Delphi, C++ articles still show up in the results I find. Anybody know if there is there a way, maybe in the registry, to turn off the elements that are of no relevance to the task at hand I find myself using the old d7 help most of the time and that's fine except it's a bit dated esepcailly on some things. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

yahoo and gmail pop3 servers with Indy10

back with another tough one. I am using delphi 11 with indy 10.1.5. I am trying to connect and retieve mail from a yahoo and gmail POP3 server using the indy components with the help of indy_openssl096g DLLs. So far I have I tested this on a virtual pop3 server(which I made in access database) and it worked on that. But when I tried this thing for real I cannot connect to the server. Here is a example of what I have tried: port:=995; //* port is integer *// host:=pop.mail.yahoo.com or pop.gmail.com //* host is string *// idpop31.username:=name; idpop31.password:=pass; idpop31.port:=port; idpop31.host:=host; idpop31.UseTLS:=utUseExplicitTLS; idpop31.Autologin:=True; idpop31.authtype:=atUserPass; //* here is what is in my button click *// Procedure button2click begin try idpop31.connect; //* Now i try to connect *// except begin Showmessage(' could not connect'); exit; end; intmess:=idpop31.checkmessages; //*intmess is integer *// for i;=1 to intmess begin idpop31.Retrieve(intmess,idmessage1); end; end; //* end of button click*// The point I am trying to make is that the code works but i just don't know how to set the indy properties to connect and retrieve the messages. I keep getting 'could not connect'.What values do I give to these properties I would appreciate very much if someone could show me or email me how this is supposed to be done.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Setting up a private newsgroup server

Can some one point to a site where I can buy/set up a private newsgroup server for around 5000 members(closed group ) & set up own topics for discussion Any one had experience in setting up & running such a service venkatesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Component writing... help needed please!

Hi all Right, I've created the basic part of my component - TJdUserManager. In this component I have 2 TCollections - TJdUsers and TJdUserGroups. Within both of those collections I have Collection Items - TJdUser and TJdUserGroup respectively. What I want to do is have a property in TJdUser to select a TJdUserGroup. In the object inspector I am looking to create a drop down list of the available TJdUserGroups so that I can select one group membership which will be associated with that TJdUser.Group property. I'm assuming the .Group property will need to be a pointer to a TCollectionItem Basically, its similar to Indys TIdTCPClient - where you can select a IOHandler/Intercept as soon as it is dropped on the form. Obviously my TCollectionItems are not dropped on the form though! Also, when I create a new TJdUserGroup in the object inspector I'm assuming the name of the item must be stored somewhere in a list to be made available to the TJdUser \t Can you point me in the right direction with tips/source samples
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to run program in windows server

I have a simple stand-alone program written in Delphi 5.0 standard. It mainly takes in some string data and return a bitmap. I wish to put it in a Windows server and process data received from a HTML form. I don't have any experience in developing software on Windows server and wish to know how can I achieve this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does anyone know how to do a keyword help lookup in a .chm file?

I'm passing a keyword (that the user highlights in an edit control) to HtmlHelpViewer. But it crashes. In response to a call to Application.HelpKeyword(), THtmlHelpViewer.ShowHelp() GPFs at the call to Windows.HtmlHelpA(), which is in the OCX. This fails because it is trying to read from address $0001. HtmlHelpA() works perfectly when called in response to Application.HelpContext(). So it looks to me like there is a problem with the THH_AKLink structure that is being passed on a HelpKeyword call. But that is mostly hard-coded. There is a comment in the code that says WARNING: the documentation says HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC is required before this will work. Is that true It might be relevant but I don't know what the comment means. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

No help?

No help available when pressing F1 on D2007 for w32
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

BlackFish deployment on a Shared Host (remote) -Urgent help required

I am trying to show case BlackFish to a company for their web site (written in ECO asp.net in RS 2007) I have been trying to deploy in a remote host with out success. Can some one give step by step instruction for doing it along with web.config file settings I am posting it here since the dead line is 5 pm today(another 5 hours left) Else we go with sql server(which has been deployed & running well) Presently i m getting the following error *********************************************** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2508 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2508 ********************************************** Venkatesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help for OLE container support with MSOffice

I am using OLE container (delphi-5) in my application which get a word-2007 document from a database(as BLOB stream) and then saves it on local system hard disk (windows XP with office-2007). Issue is that when i try to open this in file (saved file by OLE container) using MS word 2007 then i get an error saying that file is corrupted. Here are some more details about the problem/setup. 1) If i just open the document in OLE container from a database(as BLOB stream) then I am able to see its content in correct format. 2) I am using Delphi-5 version. Does the OLE container for this supports Office-2007. 3) I am using "SaveAsDocument" API to save the word-2007 document in local disk. 4) Is there any patch/update that needs to be installed on Delphi-5 to make this work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CSV File help and INI File - storing and retrieving dword, integer and string data.

I need to do the following: 1. Create a csv file 2. Save data to csv file - including type dword, integer and string; 3. Close CSV file. 4. Open csv file 5. Read data in from csv file as dword, integer and string; I have many items that i want to represent with each item like: ID Value1 Value2 Can anyone provide some help with this one as i have never used csv files before. Please keep it 'simple'. I had tried to do this using an INIFile but i don't know how to save the dword data and then read it back in to the code using an INI File. I can only see how to do strings and integers. I guess that this is a limitation of INI file, unless there is a way to convert the value of dword to integer or string an dthen read it abck from the INI File and convert it back to a dword I did try saving data as an integer to the INIFile, and then reading it from the INIFile (but can only seem do read it back as a string) to try converting to a dword but this did not seem possible. Thank you. BC.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Overridden method helper?

Before upgrading to the latest December update of my D2007, I could hit CTRL-Space inside of a descendant class delcaration to get a list of methods in the parent class that I could override. That doesn't seem to work now. Anyone else have this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Microsoft TechEd / SQL server 2008 ... WOW!!

I attended Microsoft TechEd this week and it blew me away. Specially the new stuff on SQL Server 2008. It is so much more than I initially thought. I thought it was just going to be an upgrade but boy, was I wrong... If interested, I have written a short entry on my blog about the features I thought were more relevant. http://blogs.bikecrawler.com/2008/06...lorida-update/ Enjoy, PG
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

some help drawing menus please

I want to create a menu with 7 items on the top row plus 7 items on the second row, the last item appearing on the right of line 2. The top row has about 2/3 cm of free space on the right. Is there a simple way of doing this I know I can do it by moving the ARect co'ords in the owner draw routine but I am hoping there is a simpler way than calculating the position of every item from 7 upwards manually since each position depends on where the last item is and keeping traqck seems to be a lot of work. A significant complication comes when trying to cope with diffent font size and dpi settings users may have, I do not know how many items the menu will put on the top row by default until run time. Another problem I have is the item I want on the right of row 2 - it is a clock which I want to show the time as (say) 10:14:08. If I put MenuClock.Caption := TimeToStr(now) in a timer routine updating once a second it shows the time but with two nigling points: 1. It puts '&' in front of the time string despite hot keys being set to manual (this happens outside the timer routine which I know sets it correctly) 2. It removes the highlight from any other menu item that was selected at the time the timer updated the time. What is the best way to avoid this (or another way to put a clock on the menu). Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

TDateTime help needed

I'm new to programming and need some help regarding this: I am working on a small util where I want to give the user some infotext (Using 'MessageDlg') at the same date (17.05.\t\t) every year. (This is the Norwegian national day ) I have managed to do this for one spesific date, this year. Bud I ned it to do this every year at the same date. A small example of code would be appreciated. BTW: I'm sorry if I am using a wrong newsgroup for my question. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Finding unused code with in a project.

First off, I would like to say thanks to all that replied to my thread "Finding unused units with a project." Now I would like to go one step further, in that I would like to remove any unused code. I know that if I do a full build that there are blue dots where the code is compiled in but checking thousands units is tedious - I am sure there must be an easier way to locate unused code... I do have access to Pascal ****yzer (if this can help). Any ideas, anyone Many thanks in advance. Nick --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Re: Problems with IDE search path

Peter Below (TeamB) wrote: > Where did you place the DCU created from the modified comserv.pas In the same project specific folder as the modified source file. > I hope you did not copy it back to the Delphi lib folder... No. > The project that needs to use the unmodified comserv unit should (like > all projects in general) *not* have the rtl or vcl source files on its > project search path, and neither should they be added to the IDEs > library path. This is the case. > The second project also must not have the first projects > source directory on its search path, and neither should the comserv > unit be added to the project explicitely. This is the case too. > It may find the dcu, not the pas. No. It finds the .pas (If I temporarily rename the .pas file then the second project compiles using the unmodified GG supplied .pas respectively .dcu file). So I am still none the wiser...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Show Dialog without response

Is there way to show a message on the screen that does not require a response from the user without creating a TForm I want to show the user that something is going on, but close the 'dialog' when I done processing. Rich
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!