Using a c dll with Delphi

Hi!

From my Delphi program, I would like to use my dll compiled with c, but I
get a runtime error when the function is called.
The parameter is char* c type, that I translate in PChar in Delphi. (I only
have the problem using char*, if I do a similar function using int type in
C, and integer type in Delphi that works)
My dummy function "TextFunction()" should simply return the string passed
into parameter.

///////////////////////// c code : ////////////////////////
char* DLL_EXPORT TextFunction(char* text)

{

return (text);

}

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///

////////////////////////////// Delphi Code : ///////////////////////////////

Text: TextFunction( text: PChar) : PChar; stdcall;

function LoadDLL: boolean;

function LoadDLL: boolean;

begin

Result := false;

DLLtest := LoadLibrary('testdll.DLL');

if DLLtest 0 then

begin

Result := true; //DLL found

//Get the procedure addresses

@TextFunction:= GetProcAddress(DLLtest, 'TextFunction');

end;

end;

Does anyone see what I am doing wrong

Posted On: Friday 5th of October 2012 12:46:43 AM Total Views:  426
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

D2007: AV when compile & run using BPLs

I am getting an AV when I compile and run with BPLs. (with BPLs, my app compiles so much faster--it's 27 megs without BPLs, 10 with). The AV is: --------------------------- Debugger Fault Notification --------------------------- Project C:\trak\trak.exe faulted with message: 'access violation at 0x7c937a50: write of address 0x00040f74'. Process Stopped. Use Step or Run to continue. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Am I correct to lok for modules loaded at the $7c937a50 adress If so, the closes items are: I see the list of the DLLs & BPLS that are loaded--the only thing close to the address is ntdll.dll and Shell32.dll: Module Load: ntdll.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $7C900000. Process trak.exe (5848) Module Load: SHELL32.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $7C9C0000. Process trak.exe (5848) So it would seem that the AV occurs in the ntdll.dll, correct Which doesn't really tell me much. My only guess for moving this forward would be to remove BPLs from the list until the AV is gone, then examine that BPL. Or is there a better method
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Parameters & dll

My D7 app calls a dll to read memories from a radio. The dll produces a string, and the length of the string. Calling one function in the dll works fine, but other functions, using the same parms don't. It's the length that loses it. procedure TfrmClone.SpeedButtonReadClick(Sender: TObject); var i, p: integer; GetFreq: TGetFreq; //function(s: PChar; var slen: DWORD): LongBool; stdcall; begin dllFunc := 'GetFreq'; if ProcHandle 0 then begin GetFreq := GetProcAddress(ProcHandle, dllFunc); if @getFreq nil then begin for i := 1 to LoopCtr do begin l := 0; setlength(s,11); // s now contains some random garbage if GetFreq(pChar(s),l, i) then // s is a global string, l is a global dword RetFreq := s; RetMode := GoForMode; // go get mode .. .. .. end; function TfrmClone.GoForMode: Shortstring; var GetMode: TGetMode; //function(s: PChar; var slen: DWORD): LongBool; stdcall; begin result := ''; dllFunc := 'GetMode'; if ProcHandle 0 then begin getMode := GetProcAddress(ProcHandle, dllFunc ); if @getMode nil then begin l := 0; if GetMode(pChar(s),l) then result := s; end; end; end; =========== In the dll ============== function GetFreq(s: PChar; var slen: DWORD; chSet: integer): LongBool; stdcall; //slen is 0 var fr: string; begin result := false; if chSet > 0 then dll.SetChannel(chSet); fr := dll.pollradio; slen := length(fr); //slen is 7 if length(fr) > 0 then begin result := true; strPLCopy(s, fr, slen); end; end; function GetMode(s: PChar; var slen: DWORD):LongBool; // slen is Inaccessible here var mode: string; begin result := false; mode := dll.PollRadio; slen := length(mode); //AV if slen > 0 then begin result := true; strPLCopy(s, mode, slen); end; end;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

StrToDateTime not using local formatting variables?

I'm trying to convert a string in a, by the user, specified format into a TDateTime type. However i cannot make it work. I've attached a code-snippet which illustrates the problem. I'm setting ShortDateFormat and LongTimeFormat before calling "StrToDateTime". However it does not care about those My system locale are "dd-mm-yyyy hh:MM:ss" which i used in this code: procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin ShortDateFormat:='ddmmyy'; LongTimeFormat:='hhMM'; showmessage(DateTimeToStr(StrToDateTime('30-07-2008 13:44:00'))); end; What makes this even more weird is that the messagebox says it correctly ("300708 1344", just like specified!) Why does the DateTimeToStr follow ShortDateFormat/LongTimeFormat when the opposite StrToDateTime does not Any clues will be helpfull...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to get the currency symbols in microsoft SQL server using Delphi 7?

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calling C-dll from delphi

group, trying to translate a .h file for use within delphi. How do I translate typedef void (*GEOSMessageHandler)(const char *fmt, ...); void initGEOS(GEOSMessageHandler notice_function,GEOSMessageHandler error_function); into something useful for Delphi
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

using D2007 RTL on D7

hi there, some question regarding the use of D2007 RTL on D7 1.is there any worth using D2007 RTL on D7 2.how much the different between D2007 RTL and D7 3.is this mainly about FastCode core (and maybe FastMM), cause i think D2007 have it while D7 didn't (not integrated by default) don't ask me if it possible to use D2007 RTL on D7 cause someone has already tried it (and sucess\t), you can do search on Delphi 7 Lite (don't ask me where to get it, since it maybe illegal software, except it's allowed by newsgroup) here are some text from the readme : WHAT IS DELPHI 7 LITE ------------------------- Delphi 7 Lite is a standard installation of Delphi 7 Enterprise in which: - Applied all the official updates. - the setup options have been discarded EXCEPT source code. - Included programming font Consolas (recommended size 10 with ClearType enabled). - Editor color settings of Delphi 2006. - Replace the D7 RTL to D11(Delphi 2007) RTL(FastMM and FastCode Core) (Optional). - the setup options have been discarded EXCEPT source code. - Update 1.1 has been installed (version of the IDE is 7.0.8.1), these patches are applied: Update ActionBar to 7.01 - Unneeded files have been removed. - Can import ActiveX Componets - Supports MIDAS development. - Supports CLX Design development. - Supports IntraWeb 5.0 development. - Supports RaveReport 5 development. - Installation do not copy of any files to system directory. - Green Edition Integrated,you can copy the entire delphi directory to other place directly ,run file D7LiteReg***.exe to register easily. - Dynamic Compile after Installation to generate RTL/VCL and other components .DCU Files,thus minish size of the installation file. ...... and so on PS: D2007 = Delphi 2007, D7 = Delphi 7 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Find last occurance using TFileSearch component

hi there, i'm new here so i do not know exactly where to post, i have some problem with Angus Johnson TFileSearch component (http://angusj.com/delphi/). there was a method to find first and next cursor pos (using TFileSearch.FindFirst and TFileSearch.FindNext property) but what i want to do is find first pos in file (this was done using FindFirst) and last pos in file, something like FindLast property that didn't exist. i try some trick's, to achieve that function 1. using FindNext tricks {declare procedure and var here} begin FileSearch1.Pattern := '300608T'; //this was pattern i set, mean 30/06/2008, T refer it to "Time" (Date through) iLast := FileSearch1.FindFirst; while iLast POSITION_EOF do iLast := FilePos(sFileName); //i hope this will return last position but it was not Reset(Fn); //open file Seek(Fn, iLast); end; 2. using FindFirst on next pattern {declare procedure and var here} begin DateTime1.Date := 30/06/08; //TDateTime FileSearch1.Pattern := DateToStr(DateTime1.Date + 1) + 'T'; //this was tricky pattern i set, mean 30/06/2008 + 1 = 01/07/2008, T refer it to "Time" (Date through) iLast := FileSearch1.FindFirst; //this will return first position of 01/07/2008 Reset(Fn); //open file Seek(Fn, iLast); {read data, validation, post db, etc} end; the problem was partially solved using 2nd trick, but how about if 01/07/2008 (010708T) never found in file it will return file pos = -1, and will give I/O error (negative seek), sure i can use condition to check if pos = -1 then loop until end file, but it really pain, since -1 mean also "Data Not Found in File". regards, deli soetiawan -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

bzip2.dll for download (or can someone compile it?)

Hi all, I'm out hunting for bzip2.dll for use with Delphi classes (DI or Jcl Decompressors), but can't find a recent version ready compiled for Win32 Although google gives many hits on "bzip2.dll" but I don't trust clicking any of those cheap .dll mouse traps which is now littering the entire Internet. Latest source (1.0.5 as of mars 2008) is available from here, http://www.bzip.org/downloads.html Perhaps can anyone compile it for me (or give a hint about a secure link for download). Anyone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Converting BMP to APF using Apro Fax converter

I am trying to send a Fax using APRO components but the conversion from BMP to APF format is not very good. I am using the demo app to convert a bmp to APF file. I have tried all the combination available in the options. Is it possible to get this conversion to work properly or should I look for some other components.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Can't Start RAD Studio 2007, AV in ieframe.dll

Hi , I can't start RAD Studio 2007 this morning. After the splash screen has been shown and all packages has been loaded, the splash disapears and I get this error thanksfully trapped by MadExcept : I can send the full bug report to binaries, I required. Any ideas main thread ($c70): 1b8efe5e +000 ieframe.dll 7c91eae0 +010 ntdll.dll KiUserCallbackDispatcher 7e39fc53 +02e USER32.dll CreateWindowExW 201caf2b +043 vcl100.bpl OleCtrls 863 +5 OleCtrls.TOleControl.CreateWnd 2013f80a +016 vcl100.bpl Controls 6883 +3 Controls.TWinControl.CreateHandle 2013fad0 +074 vcl100.bpl Controls 6994 +7 Controls.TWinControl.UpdateShowing 2013fafe +0a2 vcl100.bpl Controls 6997 +10 Controls.TWinControl.UpdateShowing 2013fcb1 +0e5 vcl100.bpl Controls 7041 +21 Controls.TWinControl.UpdateControlState 20142692 +026 vcl100.bpl Controls 8397 +3 Controls.TWinControl.CMVisibleChanged 2013c527 +2bb vcl100.bpl Controls 5146 +83 Controls.TControl.WndProc 201406a7 +4fb vcl100.bpl Controls 7304 +111 Controls.TWinControl.WndProc 20159e7f +553 vcl100.bpl Forms 3512 +136 Forms.TCustomForm.WndProc 2013c1b4 +024 vcl100.bpl Controls 5021 +5 Controls.TControl.Perform 2013ac16 +026 vcl100.bpl Controls 4169 +5 Controls.TControl.SetVisible 201597b6 +03a vcl100.bpl Forms 3316 +8 Forms.TCustomForm.SetVisible 20d1bad4 +324 designide100.bpl DeskForm 492 +74 DeskForm.TDesktopForm.LoadWindowState 0041dc2c +000 bds.exe AppMain 5602 +0 AppMain.TAppBuilder.LoadWindowState 0041262d +005 bds.exe AppMain 1271 +0 AppMain.TBorlandIDE.LoadWindowState 209dd06e +1fa coreide100.bpl Desktop 642 +59 Desktop.LoadDeskState 209dfa7e +036 coreide100.bpl Desktop 1664 +5 Desktop.TDesktopState.Load 209df463 +03b coreide100.bpl Desktop 1496 +4 Desktop.TDesktopStates.LoadDesktop 20a5d95c +138 coreide100.bpl DocModul 786 +35 DocModul.TFilterList.OpenFile 20a615b7 +04f coreide100.bpl DocModul 2514 +3 DocModul.CallDefaultOpenProc 209de6ad +421 coreide100.bpl Desktop 1088 +81 Desktop.LoadDesktop 0041399c +170 bds.exe AppMain 1885 +51 AppMain.TAppBuilder.CMPostCreateInit 2013c527 +2bb vcl100.bpl Controls 5146 +83 Controls.TControl.WndProc 201406a7 +4fb vcl100.bpl Controls 7304 +111 Controls.TWinControl.WndProc 20159e7f +553 vcl100.bpl Forms 3512 +136 Forms.TCustomForm.WndProc 2013fdd0 +02c vcl100.bpl Controls 7073 +3 Controls.TWinControl.MainWndProc 20040e4c +014 rtl100.bpl Classes 11583 +8 Classes.StdWndProc 7e3996c2 +00a USER32.dll DispatchMessageA 201625f0 +0fc vcl100.bpl Forms 8105 +23 Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage 2016262a +00a vcl100.bpl Forms 8124 +1 Forms.TApplication.HandleMessage 2016291f +0b3 vcl100.bpl Forms 8223 +20 Forms.TApplication.Run -- Pierre Y.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Making a GUID in code using Delphi 7

Is it possible to create GUID strings programmatically in Delphi 7 If so, how I can't find anything in the Delphi help system.... I need to create unique file names for a file caching function and I thought that a GUID could be used, since it is unique each time. But if some other method can be used instead, please tell me. What I need is a function that can create a unique but not overly long string to be used as a file name in a caching directory. I need to either be able to decode the original file name from the string or keep records somewhere of the connection between file name and string. /BoB
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Posting rights in borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using

Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject '"Richedit line insertion error"', Account: 'newsgroups.codegear.com', Server: 'newsgroups.codegear.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '480 you do not have posting access to {borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using}', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 480, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 What is the problem here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Creating event procedures using threads?

I am working on a class to implement data retrievel over the Internet. When the data are retrieved there will be a rather long time before it is done and I would like to create events inside the class to make it possible in the host application to show progress information and maybe also some messages. I know how to make event properties in a class and how to check if it has been assigned and if so call the method. But this may break the communications function if the host application is not well behaved and exits the function quickly. If this happens (for example if the host starts to do some lengthy operation in the event code) then the data transfer will be put on hold. So I ask myself if it could be solved with threads instead But I don't know the answer so I ask here. Basically I have something like this: type TMyMessageEvent = procedure(Sender: TObject; Msg: string) of object; TNyCommObject = class private FOnSomeEvent: TMyMessageEvent; .... public ... property OnSomeEvent: TMyMessageEvent read FOnSomeEvent write FOnSomeEvent; end; procedure TMyCommObject.HandleData; begin {Retrieve the data in a long loop} {in the loop on some condition fire off event} if MyCondition and Assigned(FOnSomeEvent) then FOnSomeEvent(Self, 'Something happened'); end; Here I would like to *not* call the event procedure in the host application directly but instead create a thread that executes the code while the main object code can continue processing the data. What would be the best approach for such a solution If possible a code example is appeciated. -- Bo Berglund
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

D2006 crash when trying to debug COM dll

when trying to debug a specific COM dll the IDE crash, or i get only the CPU Debug video or it just get stuck.. other COM Dll's debugging works fine, fellow workers doesn't have problems with debugging that DLL as well but on my computer it keeps crashing... any ideas tnx, roi.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

dcc70.dll troubles

Suddenly today my D7(with all available updates) started AVing every few seconds in dcc70.dll when editing. When it happens, the unit being edited becomes read only(but not on disk). Also I get an AV on closing Delphi. Restarting Delphi has no effect. I did a repair install, which ran so quickly, I don't believe it did anything. 2 things changed on the box yesterday, I don't know how to determine if either is a cause. I installed SP3 for Windows XP, and tried unsuccessfully to install Mike Lischke's TThemeManager component(paraphrasing here - unit already compiled, then themes unit compiled with a different version). I have a couple of MadExcept logs I can put on attachments, if they're of any use. There seems to be a lot on the web about this dll, but I didn't find a real fix. I hope there is one, because this install is unusable.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

BDS 2006 IDE memory leaking causing error msg during editing

I am using BDS 2006 Architect and am experiencing memory errors that are popping up while I am editing code. What seems to be happening is tha BDS 2006 is having memory leaks while one is editing and compiling. This cam be monitored with the Win Task Manager Processes. Eventually, the bds.exe process gobbles up enough memory where it starts to cause error dialogs to pop-up while one is editing code. Has anyone seen this Is there a Fix I have already applied the 2nd Updates patch, but no difference. Matt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

Horizontal band using bho in windows explorer

I am invoking a horizontal band using bho in windows explorer while starting up I tried the following, but it doesnt invoke, results in an error "Invalid variant operation", the code is in delphi. Following is the code snippet IE := pUnkSite as IWebbrowser2; if Assigned(IE) and (InitialiseShellType = stWindowsExplorer) then begin BandId.vt := VT_BSTR; BandId.bstrVal := '{CC546B07-8E2E-4D7B-AAF6-BDDBFDD738F5}'; vtShow.vt := VT_BOOL; vtShow.boolVal := True; vtSize.vt := VT_INT; vtSize.IntVal := 0; IE.ShowBrowserBar(BandId,vtShow,vtSize); IE := Nil; end; From some other newsgroup, I gathered that there might be something wrong with boolval := True, which I am not very sure. I would appreciate if any one could shed some light on solving this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Updates incredibly confusing (RANT ALERT)

Maybe this is just me, but I'm finding it incredibly confusing and heavy going to install and update my Delphi 2007 for Win 32. I've just built a new computer and am reinstalling everything. Of all the apps I've got, Delphi takes the biscuit for being the most confusing to bring up to date. Just follow me through, here, and tell me if it's me being thick, or CodeGear being unhelpful, would you I've got Delphi installed and the Version number in Help | About is 11.0.2804.9245. I want to know if this is up to date or not. So I go to the Registered User Downloads page and find a mass of confusion. For instance, I spot an ISO called 'Delphi 2007 for Win32 R2/Update 3 ISO'. My first thought is "What the heck's R2". Presumably it's a later version of the product I bought (back in Feb 07). It also mentions Update 3. But that's confusing, because listed above it are 'Delphi 2007 for Win32/Update 3' as a zip or autoinstaller. So does it mean R2 includes Update 3 And do I want Update 3, or the full blown R2/Update 3 In fact, are there two different Update 3s One for the original Delphi 2007, and one for Delphi 2007 R2 So as well as having a product name - Delphi 2007 - we also have Release numbers and Update numbers, which seems one too many to me. Anyway....... ......there are three links mentioning Update 3. My question is, do I need it So I follow one of the links to find...... no pre-requisites mentioned!! It does not say what Version number it applies to, nor what the new Version number will be after installing it. UNBELIEVABLE. Not to worry, let's look a bit higher up the list....... ......and I see that the Updates suddenly get months instead of numbers!! And then, as my eyes wanders ever upwards I find, astonishingly, that as well as Release numbers, Update numbers and Update months, we've now got Hotfixes as well!!! To top it all, none of these seem to appear in the Help | About box in Delphi, which just seems to show a four-field Version number, giving us: Release Numbers Update Numbers Update Months Hotfixes Version numbers (in the application) ......and no obvious correlation between them. This is just unbelievable. Why on earth can't Codegear just do what most other vendors do and stick to version numbers throughout, viz: 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, etc. Simple. Yes, I know they increment the third and fourth digit fields in the version number in the Help About box, but nowhere on the Registered User Downloads page do they tell you which digits relate to which Release Numbers, Update Numbers, Update Months or Hotfixes. Honestly, CodeGear, this is just hopeless. NO OTHER PRODUCT (and I use plenty) has such a confusing system of updates, patches, hotfixes and upgrades as Delphi. Furthermore, if I updated any of my own software like this, I'd be lynched by my users! I'm still only moderately confident about how to proceed, but as far as I can glean, it's: 1/ Original product 2/ Update 3 3/ December 07 Update 4/ April 08 Hotfix 5/ Help Update 3 Does that seem right Is there any chance at all of CodeGear getting a grasp on this situation SteveT PS: I've just spotted something else, which I almost couldn't believe. CodeGear releases these "Updates", but tells you to run "setup.exe /upgrade". Yes, "upgrade", not "update"!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BDS 2006 using Delphi win32

A few days ago I noticed that I quit getting debug info when I put a break point on a variable, stop during runtime and hold the cursor over the variable. Nothing happens. I am not even told it was optimized. Can someone help me , Larry Killen wrote: > Actually, when I hold the cursor over a variable, it flickers as if > it is trying to retrieve a value. > > I think something is screwed up. If you are sure the appropriate checkbox in the Tools->Options dialog (under Code Insight) is checked then it looks like your system has gotten into a state where hint windows are not displayed on top of the window they belong to but beneath it. I have seen that even for the popup hints of the Windows taskbar buttons, so it's not Delphi specific. A reboot of the machine fixes it, at least for a time. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BDS.exe 2006 IDE using 100% of CPU for hours

I have a dual processor AMD 4400 and I noticed the machine was running kind of slow. The task manager shows BDS.Exe using 50% of the processors (100% of 1 processor). My compiled program is not running. Nothing is running on the machine, yet the IDE takes 100% of one of the CPU's for several hours even though the IDE is just sitting there doing nothing. Exiting Delphi and restarting it and it loads my application and after a few seconds it is down to 0 CPU cycles (which is what I expect). Then I run my application within the IDE and exit the program so it returns to the IDE, and it behaves fine with 0 CPU cycles. So why does it at times hog all the CPU Is it doing my taxes in the background Decoding signals from SETI Calculating Pi to the last decimal place I can understand if the Delphi IDE uses 100% CPU for a few seconds, but for a few hours when there is nothing else running What's up with that Sam
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!