Unique key per machine / instance

In my client / server application I need a unique key for each instance of the application on all machines in a local network. I thought about a combination of the local IP address and the Application.Handle. Is this ok ...
Posted On: Saturday 10th of November 2012 08:38:02 AM Total Views:  44
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Does anyone know how to do a keyword help lookup in a .chm file?

I'm passing a keyword (that the user highlights in an edit control) to HtmlHelpViewer. But it crashes. In response to a call to Application.HelpKeyword(), THtmlHelpViewer.ShowHelp() GPFs at the call to Windows.HtmlHelpA(), which is in the OCX. This fails because it is trying to read from address $0001. HtmlHelpA() works perfectly when called in response to Application.HelpContext(). So it looks to me like there is a problem with the THH_AKLink structure that is being passed on a HelpKeyword call. But that is mostly hard-coded. There is a comment in the code that says WARNING: the documentation says HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC is required before this will work. Is that true It might be relevant but I don't know what the comment means. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

send a key stroke to a control

In a DBGrid, with a lookup field column I wish that when user press a key, dropdown the list and position the cursor on the first match. The same that happens if you press ALT + DOWN and then any leter key. I mean: I would like to avoid the ALT Down key... I've found somewhere how to send ALT DOWN to the InplaceEditor of the DBGRID, after that I'm trying to send the key pressed, but I can't figure out how to do it. Type TCracker = class(TDBGrid); procedure TfFacturasDeComprasEmision.gTipoImpKeyPress(Sender: TObject; var Key: Char); begin inherited; with TCracker(Sender as TDBGrid) do if (SelectedField.FieldKind = fkLookup) and (Key in ['a'..'z','A'..'Z']) then begin EditorMode := True; PostMessage(InplaceEditor.Handle, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_DOWN, $20000000); // I'M TRYING THIS, WITH NO LUCK ... PostMessage(InplaceEditor.Handle, WM_KEYDOWN, ord(key), 0); // \t\t\t\t\t\t Key := #0; end; end;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Highlight a word from keyboard?

Is there a keyboard shortcut to highlight a word/type/identifier that the cursor is currently over It's a pain to take my hands away from the keyboard to double click on the word with the mouse...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

How to input Chinese with soft keyboard?

all, I would like to input Chinese chars in a touch screen based application, but have no idea on how to implement it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Problem getting keyboard input

I have a Delphi program I've written to do Mandelbrots, and wanted to just put some quick keyboard commands in for pan and home. But I can't seem to get them to work. I've used them before, and I know it's not rocket science. I want to do is look for the 'Home' key so I set up a OnKeyDown for a form event, then in the procedure tied to the event I did a case key of VK_HOME and so on for my keys, but I can't get ANY of the keys to work. It's gotta be something real simple, or I'm braindamaged from being away from Delphi for a while... Mike Yetsko
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Altered key mappings

Something odd has happened to my laptop. When I run programs in the IDE, the key mappings change from "default keymapping" to something I have never come across before. But they reset when I stop running the program. I have trawled through the various menus to try and work out what is happening, but to no avail. Can anyone tell me why this is happening / whether I can stop it or at least, control it. I should add that I have an identical installation on my desktop (or at least, I thought it was identical), but the problem does not manifest itself on that machine. Andrew Lockwood
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Code Monkeys

lol. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did....(its clean http://www.youtube.com/watchv=v4Wy7gRGgeA --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Time for a new keyboard - Suggestions anyone??

"Kevin Powick" > Well, it's about time to replace my well-used, quite dirty, but now > failing keyboard. It's a very old Belkin Ergonomic Smartkeyboard and > has served me well over the years. > I've tried to research the topic of ergonomic keyboards via Google, but > most reviews are targeted towards gaming keyboards. I need one for > regular programming/typing. Old good Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro rulez!!! It is durable, it is heavy, it is ergonomic, it have classic layout of numpad and arrow block, it have very clear touch and click. It is the best keyboard I ever seen and touched. http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000400.html My friend searched this keyboard entire Moscow for two days and found it. Only USD $85 and I'm happy owner of this useful thing. Perhaps Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 also worth to look at.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Console app 'Press any key to continue...'?

How can I wait for a key to be pressed in a console application without the key being printed in the screen At the moment I am using readln; to pause execution. But its a bit unprofessional because the user can type whatever garbage they want all over the screen before pressing enter. Is there a way I could implement a 'Press any key to continue...' style behavior
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Msg of escape key?

Can someone help me: How to check that the Msg param of IsShortCut is the escape key Rael
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Iterating over an Ini file and all it's keys

I maintain a program which still uses INI files, so whenever we release a new update, all the old ini files get overwritten with blank fresh ones, meaning the user loses all their preferences. It would be simple to just not write over the ini files, but I also don't know if they've changed names, keys have been added, removed, etc. So what I've started going is I go through all the ini files the first time the program is run, and it looks at the old versions' ini files and sees if it can find one with the same name, if it does it fills any values in the old one it can find that are also in the new version's ini. My only problem is that I am getting they keys of the ini files of which I'm checking and writing by using ReadSections then ReadSection, which gives me all the sections and all the keys in each section. Only problem is I have some INI files without sections. Yep, just plain key=value. So I can't do ReadSection which would normally give me all the key names. How can I find key names when I'm not using sections. And yes I know it should be I'm not rewriting the program just maintaining and adding on to it. - Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

keypress delay

g'day all , I am reading keypresses using the forms onkeydown event to move an graphic on an image(like a sprite in a game)..Is there a way of eliminating that small delay before the key press repeats.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Where is the install key for Interbase 2007 located?

I have Interbase 2007 on my Delphi 2007 Enterprise CD but it asks for a serial number and key code that I don't see anywhere on anything Codegear shipped me. How do I find the key for interbase I only have the keys for the main Delphi/CodegearDevelopmentStudio (enterprise) stuff. Warren Postma
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Customising keyboard shortcuts

Is there any way to customise the keyboard shortcuts or create your own mappings in Delphi 2007 -- Toby
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Controlling where Alt keyboard input goes

This is a bit different than my last thread, and seems to need it's own format. I have an SDI application that actually has multiple forms open, but only one shown. To show the correct form, I use the following code snippet : FActiveModules.CurrentModule.Module.Parent := pParent; FActiveModules.CurrentModule.Module.align := alClient; FActiveModules.CurrentModule.Module.Show; where pParent is a panel that sits on the mainform and shows the form the user is acessing. Each form has a series of buttons, each with hot keys. I've noticed that if I open and display form1, and then open and display form2, that if the user hits a hot key that sites on form1, the form1 button will fire. It seems that the hot key searching is looking through all the active forms embedded in the main form in the application and runs the first one it finds which makes sense. However, in this case, it's not what I want. I've searched around on Google, but couldn't find anything relating to this. Is there a way to limit where the hot key search looks before stopping I tried setting the form1.parent to nil at runtime, but it didn't work. I guess I could remove the forms from the application list, but I don't think that's a great idea, nor do I think it'll work. I looked at the CM_DialogChar handler, but I want to skip the hotkey for all forms, except the active form, and the key handling doesn't look like it provides this ability. Is there a way to do this Paul
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Code Monkeys

lol. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did....(its clean http://www.youtube.com/watchv=v4Wy7gRGgeA --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Where is the install key for Interbase 2007 located?

I have Interbase 2007 on my Delphi 2007 Enterprise CD but it asks for a serial number and key code that I don't see anywhere on anything Codegear shipped me. How do I find the key for interbase I only have the keys for the main Delphi/CodegearDevelopmentStudio (enterprise) stuff. Warren Postma
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Customising keyboard shortcuts

Is there any way to customise the keyboard shortcuts or create your own mappings in Delphi 2007 -- Toby
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Generating unique license numbers for my app - how?

Dear Group, I'm developing a license protection scheme for my app. Each license key should consist of numbers (0-9) and Letters (a..zA..Z). The following information should be encoded into the license key: 1, A unique computer ID 2, number of users 3, expiration date 4, license type (demo, expiring, non-expiring etc.) Basically, the user calls-in (or registers online) with his/her unique computer ID, and I send him/her back the license key. I think that the best would be a hashing algorythm - the unique ID is known by the app, the other information can be coded into the license and used for validation on the side of the app. I've search the Net but didn't find any good results - could someone please point me to a link where I could find such hashing algorythms Please don't point me to commercial solutions and components, as my budget is really low for now, and I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on such a solution... Thank you! Veronica
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

are there hotkeys for setting and navigating through code?

are there any hotkeys for setting and navigating through code in the source editor for D7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!