Remote Debugger (september 2007 version) doesn't work at all.

I can't even get rmtdbg105.exe launch, with or without the -listen command line parameter. The previous version of rmtdbg105 would actually launch and sit there, but there was no way to get a connection via the IDE, and I have ...
Posted On: Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:47:52 PM Total Views:  71
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Run an application from remote PC

I got an exe on a server PC. I would like to run this exe by ShellExecute from my machine but the process finally to be run as local process. Can I or how can I run this exe on the server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Recommendations: Graphical debugger that supports symbols?

i'm looking for a graphical debugger that supports MS symbols/symbol server 1. Delphi. Graphical, no symbols 2. WinDbg. Symbols, non-graphical 3. OllyDbg. Graphical, no symbols 4. Visual Studio. Graphical, symbols(), just can't make it work Any other suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Preventing debugger to halt on special exceptions

, This has been a long time problem and I never found a solution, so finally decided I should ask. I want to write a function that does some calculations and returns false if some part fails, for example when I get an overflow or an invalid floating point as a result. Example: function TrySomething: Boolean; begin Result := True; try DoSomethingThatMightRaiseFloatingPointException; except Result := False; end; end; Now it is pretty common that TrySomething returns false which is ok and expected. The user will never see the exception, but when debugging I get frequent floating point exceptions which is pretty annoying. I could tell the debugger not to halt on floating point exceptions, but I do not want to generally deactivate them, since when calling other functions than TrySomething they should be raised as usual. Any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

BlackFish deployment on a Shared Host (remote) -Urgent help required

I am trying to show case BlackFish to a company for their web site (written in ECO asp.net in RS 2007) I have been trying to deploy in a remote host with out success. Can some one give step by step instruction for doing it along with web.config file settings I am posting it here since the dead line is 5 pm today(another 5 hours left) Else we go with sql server(which has been deployed & running well) Presently i m getting the following error *********************************************** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2508 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2508 ********************************************** Venkatesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Force debugger to step INTO a unit?

Hi Having had probs with a few units/components recently, I'm wondering how I can force the debugger to trace into a unit that it would normally jump over I've tried having the unit open, setting breakpoints etc but all to no avail. How can I get it to trace into these units
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

debugger in windows XP

Hi. I'm using Delphi5 with WinXP and the debugger dont' work. Do you have experience about this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

debugger in windows XP

Hi. I'm using Delphi5 with WinXP and the debugger dont' work. Do you have experience about this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Lost my debugger exception handling

I'm not sure how, but my BDS 2006 debugger has lost the ability to catch exceptions. It used to be if I called something and that raised an exceptions, such as a database exception, the IDE would pop up and tell me that the exception was raised and I could continue or break. That doesn't happen any more. I thought maybe it was because I enabled the Internet Explorer debugger, but I disabled that again and even hunted down the registry entry and made sure it pointed to the BDS debugger. Anyone can make it so my exceptions stick in the debugger again
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Updating remote server software, how?

Bo Berglund wrote: > I have a service program running on a PC to handle site monitoring > (unattended). I can reach the server via a client program through > TCPIP socket communication. The remote site has DSL and a > firewall/router that is set up to let a single port through. > Via this I can control the monitoring and configure what to schedule > etc. > > However, I have now run into a problem I need to solve: > How do I update the software on the running server > > I can upload files to the server via the socket interface, but this > does not include the server executable because it is running. And if I > shut it down I no longer have a communications channel. :-( > > Is there any good ideas how to accomplish a software update of my > server program that is fool-proof > The server must not go down, because if it does someone has to travel > to the site and restart it. > How does these programs which have a built-in update function do it Updating a running service requires a second program running on the same PC. You would upload the new version of the service, using its communication channel, to a known location (perhaps using a different file name). Then you send a command to the service that causes it to start the second program (a console process or windowless GUI program). This program opens the service control manager and instructs the service to stop itself (which will of course break the communication channel). Once the service is stopped the program can replace the service executable with the uploaded version through a simple file copy and then restart the service. Your client would need to wait a bit during this process and then try to establish the communication channel again. The APIs you need are OpenSCManager, OpenService, ControlService, StartService if memory serves. Check the API docs. Theoretically you can manipulate a services state from another machine, but any sensible server will have that blocked. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BDS2006 Delphi debugger stops in strange place...

I have an application that I wrote more than a year ago, which I have to modify now. I used BDS2006 at the time and that is what I use now too. My problem is that I have a timer ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Geting the NIC's Mac adress from a remote computer?

I'm developing a webshop and to eliminate fraud and souch I wold like to know how do I get the clients NIC's MAC Adress when they connect to our site. I get the IP adress and HostName, but I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Does D2007 require administrator rights?

When I started using BDS2006 on my XP machine I ran into problems which I eventually discovered were caused by running as a normal (limited) user that did not have access to the folder "Borland Studio Projects" belonging to the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Rad Studio 2007 don't get the project's paths

, I have the followin problem: I'd updated my projects from BDS 2006 to Rad Studio 2007 and when I complied them , the ide don't find the modules that are in others folders. I had updated the searching path ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Import Type Library - Delphi 2007

I've been attempting to import MS JetReplication but have been unsuccessful. I use Component / Import Component / Import a Type Library. I select Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects 2.6 Library. Select the Standart Palette page along with Generate Component ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Debugger problem in Delphi 2007

Howdy! I have a project that has been growing at a slow pace for several years, since many Delphi versions back. Migrating it to a trial version of Delphi 2007 caused me problems and I wonder if it's my fault ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 problems with GetWindowText and MainFormOnTaskbar

I have discouvered that since I upgraded to D2007 I am having problems with a procedure that tells me how many other instances of my application are running. function GetCurrentExeCount: integer; var hPrevInst : Thandle; sfClassName: PChar; begin hPrevInst ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 2007 Win32 - How to install QuickReport components

I just upgrade from D6 to Delphi 2007 Win32 but I can't find Quick Report components. Where can I find it How to install it Thank you in advance for any help. Nando...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 Structure View

Is there a way to Fold/Collapse and UnFold/Expand the tree items in the Structure View Also, is there a way to sort them besides in alphabetical order Next, when you drag to move items, why does the window not scroll ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 2007 and Excel 2003

Any good examples how to use the OLE for Excel 2003 Seems like most of the examples on the net are way old and outdated and not very compatible. I can open excel and a file fine. I can rename ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: fsStayOnTop changed in Rad2007?

Chris wrote: > > Any other suggestions Yes, simply do not use fsStayOnTop, use PopupParent instead. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire ( http://slash7.com/pages/vampires ), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!