Registry check on Linux

My program has the ability to export to Excel using OLE automation, the problem is that we also need the program to work in Linux. Obviously the Excel automation won't work since there is no Microsoft Excel for Linux, but ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:57:14 AM Total Views:  230
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Reading a different computer's registry file

I have a user.dat registry file from a dead Win98 machine. What is the best way for me to open the file and extract out bits of data that I need I'm assuming the registry api's only work with the machine you are on and with the LIVE registry files. -- Best regards, Harold , "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" wrote in message > Then you only have a portion of the Registry. You need system.dat as well. Yes I have that one too. > From a programming standpoint (since you did post this to a programming > newsgroup), you would have to open and parse the file manually. Or use a Yeah I wanted to write a program to read the keys out I wanted. the registry components I've seen seem to work only on the machine's registry where I am running the program. Can't get it to open another file, like one of the .dat files.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Spell check Add-on

Is there a function that can perform a spell check against a string/TStrings Is there a third party add-on available Rich
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

Quick check of memory leaks...

Got a simple application with 1 main form and some components on it... I just want to check if after the closing and destroying of that form I have or no leaks... DH
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Focus rect on check boxes and combo boxs

Hi to everybody! I'm using RAD Studio 2007 and I've got a strange behavior with check box (but also with comboboxes). I can't understand which is the way to showing the focus rectangle when the control is active and focused. I prepared a simple program test in which I've a simple form with 3 checkbox; I set the Form1.ActiveControl to the first check box and run the program : I run and close the program a few times and I notice that sometimes the focus rect is drawn, sometimes not; when it is not drawn to get it drawn I've to press the tab key to go to next control and then the focus rect is everytime drawn. Could it be a Windows problem or is it a VCL problem I test this simple program on Vista ans XP (themes active) and on XP (themes not active) and the result is the same. Thank you Davide Angeli
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 7th October 2012
View Replies!

Include Version Info checkbox is greyed

I have a DLL project in which the version information cannot be changed because the Project | Options | Version | Version Info box has been greyed (it was OK last June). As far as I can tell, the files have not been modified (they agree with VSS and {$R .res} is still there). What else might make Delphi 2005 decide the Version Info is off-limits John
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Reading a different computer's registry file

I have a user.dat registry file from a dead Win98 machine. What is the best way for me to open the file and extract out bits of data that I need I'm assuming the registry api's only work with the machine you are on and with the LIVE registry files. -- Best regards, Harold , "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" wrote in message > Then you only have a portion of the Registry. You need system.dat as well. Yes I have that one too. > From a programming standpoint (since you did post this to a programming > newsgroup), you would have to open and parse the file manually. Or use a Yeah I wanted to write a program to read the keys out I wanted. the registry components I've seen seem to work only on the machine's registry where I am running the program. Can't get it to open another file, like one of the .dat files.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Focus rect on check boxes and combo boxs

Hi to everybody! I'm using RAD Studio 2007 and I've got a strange behavior with check box (but also with comboboxes). I can't understand which is the way to showing the focus rectangle when the control is active and focused. I prepared a simple program test in which I've a simple form with 3 checkbox; I set the Form1.ActiveControl to the first check box and run the program : I run and close the program a few times and I notice that sometimes the focus rect is drawn, sometimes not; when it is not drawn to get it drawn I've to press the tab key to go to next control and then the focus rect is everytime drawn. Could it be a Windows problem or is it a VCL problem I test this simple program on Vista ans XP (themes active) and on XP (themes not active) and the result is the same. Thank you Davide Angeli
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Saving list box values to the registry

Hi , whats the best way to save a list boxes values to the registry. I know I could cycle through each one, but i think there's a better way. Any ideas Cheers, Paul...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

check if an exe is running

hello, i want to know if a specific file is currently running. and if its running, its process because i want to kill it. for example i want to know if c:\temp\project1.exe is running. not any project1.exe, because other project1.exe ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Can't rename a registry key

Can somebody tell me why this does not work: begin //save settings to relevent registry key Reg := TRegistry.Create; try Reg.RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER; if CurrentPlace <> PlaceNames.Text then begin //key has been renamed if Reg.OpenKey(PROGKEY, False) then begin Reg.RenameValue(CurrentPlace, PlaceNames.Text); ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Programatically set Vista registry

Everyone, How do you programatically set permissions in Vista's registry I am attempting to give Users full control of a particular key in the registry. Andre...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!