Yeah I wanted to write a program to read the keys out I wanted. the
registry components I've seen seem to work only on the machine's registry
where I am running the program. Can't get it to open another file, like one
of the .dat files.

Posted On: Thursday 27th of September 2012 04:45:33 AM Total Views:  199
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Adding MAINICON from a separate resource file

I want to have a separate resource file which specifies the MAINICON for my application. However, when I do this, I get an error/warning about duplicate resources. If I manually edit the application.res file to remove the MAINICON there, it seems to get magically added back every time I build, so the warning/error keeps appearing. The only way I can see of doing this is to delete the application.res file from the project, but that means my VersionInfo and Manifest need to be in my own resource file also. Which means that VersionInfo won't get a new build number automatically. I read a suggestion of just using a name for the icon that's alphabetically before MAINICON, because the first icon in the file is used. However, while the windows shell may do this, the VCL looks for MAINICON by name. Any other suggestions - Roddy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

List of files used in a project

Is there a way to obtain the list of all source files (with their path) used in a project. The detailed linker-map lists the names but not the pathes. Thank you. Chris
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

different instances of datamodule - don't understand behaviour...

! I have a Querys DataModule in with I put a lot of TIBQuerys. They are very often used and small tables: ------------------- unit uDMQueries; interface type TDM_Queries = class(TDataModule) qLista: TIBQuery; qCondVta: TIBQuery; qIVA: TIBQuery; end; ------------------- I have a base form from which I inherit other forms. ------------------- uses [...] uDMQueries; type TfBase_cds = class(TForm) [...] protected DMQ: TDM_Queries; end; procedure TfBase_cds.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin DMQ := TDM_Queries.Create(nil); end; procedure TfBase_cds.FormClose(Sender: TObject; var Action: TCloseAction); begin FreeAndNil(DMQ); end; ------------------- And in the inherited forms I open the querys I want to use: ------------------- type TfClientesABM = class(TfBase_cds) [...] end; implementation procedure TfClientesABM.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin inherited; [...] DMQ.qIVA.Open; DMQ.qLista.Open; end; ------------------- The problem is that if I open onother form inherited from TfBase_cds. It seems that the only Active querys are the ones that where open in the *first* instance. ------------------- type TfProveedoresABM = class(TfBase_cds) [...] end; implementation procedure TfProveedoresABM.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin inherited; DMQ.qIVA.Open; DMQ.qCondVta.Open;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Search for word or phrase in .pas & .dfm files

Is there any way to search for word or phrase in .pas & .dfm files using windows explorer in vista
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unit SOUT was compiled with a different version of ZIN.Tcat... re-building doesn't fix it

Everyone, I changed a type I made called Tcat in unit ZIN and re-built the project. Unfortunatley the error poped up even after a re-build so I assumed the DCUs might be messed up. So, I renamed the DCUs and then re-built and got a 'File Not Found SOUT.dcu'. I put the path to the PAS files in my library path and browse path and I still get the same errors. I re-named the DCUs back to their original names and I'm getting the original error again about being compiled with a different version. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

restore DST files

I've delete .DST file in bds2006 bin directory... Where can I download the originals -- Silverio, SiD Vicenza - Italy Yahoo Messanger: SiDorDiS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

How to save extended value to ini file?

Is any solution Vad
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Fast file copy over network

Can someone tell me the best way to copy a file when the destination might be a network mapped drive Should I use the shell or copy between 2 streams and if streams then what is the best buffer size The application is a design program where the design files are currently written to a stream involving seeks, compression and encryption. The aim is to speed up the write process when the design file is on a network drive by first writing to a local temp file and then copying the result to the final destination. Solution must work for all 32-bit Windows versions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does anyone know how to do a keyword help lookup in a .chm file?

I'm passing a keyword (that the user highlights in an edit control) to HtmlHelpViewer. But it crashes. In response to a call to Application.HelpKeyword(), THtmlHelpViewer.ShowHelp() GPFs at the call to Windows.HtmlHelpA(), which is in the OCX. This fails because it is trying to read from address $0001. HtmlHelpA() works perfectly when called in response to Application.HelpContext(). So it looks to me like there is a problem with the THH_AKLink structure that is being passed on a HelpKeyword call. But that is mostly hard-coded. There is a comment in the code that says WARNING: the documentation says HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC is required before this will work. Is that true It might be relevant but I don't know what the comment means. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

F8 (Step Over) only for my own project files nor Delphi's own pas files neighter CPU window

when I press F8 in my project form.for example a line under button1click I dont wantto jump to Forms.pas methods. I want only trace my own procedures in project source directoy to solve that limitation, I am removing all paths defined in "browsing path",but than asks me Form.pas not found. I am pressing ignore. and CPU window welcomes.but just all I want is only wantto stop only in my own project source files methods (func or procedures) is it possible when I press F8 only stops in only source files of project files. not any VCL source and not \VCL\Forms.pas for example. I only wantto F8 (Step Over) only for my own project files nor Delphi's own pas files neighter CPU window or is there any known expert can automatically breakpoints in all of my own (in project source dir only) any clue
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Best way to get barcode reading

If i want to read with a barcode and use the Edit, how to read until the Enter Key Do we use OnChange Event How Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Append text files

Thorben Grosser schrieb: > I am using Delphi (7) to perform a quite simple task. I've got a > listbox full of filenames (C:/Test/test.m3u etc...). Each file (plain > text file) shall be appended to one common file, Example [1]. To > receive the filenames, from the ListBox, i use > for i := 0 to ListBox1.Items.Count - 1 do > begin > ShowMessage(ListBox1.Items[i]); > end > which works fine. How shall i proceed now > > What I intend to do is: (in the for-loop) open the file, read it line > by line (style [2]) and use Append and WriteLn to write to the new > target file. This shoul definetely work. Still, I am quite new to > Delphi, but having programmed for the last few years, I've got the > feeling there should be a more effective way to do this. You could read and write them in block mode, say 1KB at a time. Or, if the files are not too big, you could even copy them in a whole. Use TFilestream for these operations. First, open the file to be expand, set the file pointer at the end of the file. Then open the first file that shall be appended, read it's size, set the input buffer to Size, read all data, write all data to the other file and go on with the next one. Note: this will only work if you don't need to parse the input files to omit some lines. -- "No one gets too old to learn a new way of being stupid." ....und wech Danny
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Receiving e-mails with attach files with Indy Components

Hi people, Id like build a application for receive e-mails with attach files using Indy Components. I not found examples about this. Only examples that a I founded was a receiving headers and message body with indy components. Anybody Help me Thank you very much. Ps: Sorry but my english, Is Bad! --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem building via the command line - Borland.Delphi.Targets file (for MSBuild) doesn't exist

I hope this is the right group - this is a command line issue, not a IDE one, but it seems the closest since it's the equivalent of an in-IDE action I've just installed RAD Studio 2007 (and it's great!) - everything works smoothly so far. My projects build, third-party components installed, all is looking good. What I'm trying to do now is the final step, getting a command line build script working. When I try to build via the command line, with a command like so: msbuild MyProj.dproj /t:Clean I get an error saying: C:\projects\MyProj.dproj(75,11): error MSB4019 : The imported project "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Borland. Delphi.Targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. Sure enough when I look in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727, the file doesn't exist. Nor can I find itelsewhere on the computer. The same thing happens for C++ projects, only looking for Borland.Cpp.Targets. That folder does have Microsoft .targets files, just no Borland ones. I am running using the provided Codegear command line that sets its environment variables. I have all updates and hotfixes applied, right up to the ilink patch that appeared the other day. I'm running Vista64, and running with or without admin privileges makes no difference (not surprising, since the files don't exist, but one old QC report similar to this was a privileges issue.) I even tried looking on the installation DVD to find the files in one of the zipped installation files, but I don't know which one has it, and lots have a password so I can't get in anyway. So, um... any help will be greatly appreciated! Cheers, David
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cannot open text files

I use D5 and am trying to load text from a text file, but always get I/O error 32 or some error that tells me it can't open the file. I have downloaded it from an FTP site then try load it into a TStringList using the LoadFromFile command and it won't let me. Closing the file or using fmOpenRead doesn't even work. I have also tried load the file into a TextFile variable and performing a Reset on it with the same result. Help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

UNITNAME.xml files?

Are these from the Modeling support in Delphi 2007 Their all over my project directories and are re-created when I compile. Just want to make sure they are not from any other IDE plug-ins that I have. -- Warm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Checksum problem on same package built in different time

I create a new package, add a form, and build it. A package1.bpl is generated and I move it into other directory. And then I build the package again, another package1.bpl is generated. Basically both package1.bpl are the same, but I get different result in checksum. I guess this is because the compile timestamp is embedded in the bpl so that they are not exactly the same. Is there any way to stop embedding the compile timestamp into the bpl or any way to override the compile timestamp value during compile so that I can have the bpls built in different time but they are the same Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Access email from Exchange Server EDB files

I've been given a project to access e-mail from Exchange Sever. Does anyone have any experience with EDB files and how to access and extract data from them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Finding Permissions of a file with Delphi

I was wondering if it's possible to extract the windows permissions information from a particular file through Delphi I keep having problems with some users having restricted permissions, and I'd love to perform a 'quick check' when starting my application to make sure they have the required permissions to access certain files. (Even just to know if the current user has read/write/modify/full access, etc would be great)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Where to install BPL files

What would be a good folder to use for storing the Delphi runtime BPL files It appears that most apps place them in the \Windows\System32 folder. Would this be a problem with XP or Vista TIA, Glynn
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!