Programatically set Vista registry

Everyone, How do you programatically set permissions in Vista's registry I am attempting to give Users full control of a particular key in the registry. Andre...
Posted On: Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:48:08 PM Total Views:  107
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

assign string value to a property of a set type

, - I have a string value for example 'ST1' and I have an object property of type set (or enumeration I am not sure) called Sys (type TSys) has those values [pST1, pST2, pST3] is there a way to assign the string value to the set other than using IF..ElseIF - Please also advice me in what cases I can use this typcast syntax : ({string type} as TAnotherClass)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

D6 DebugHook not set

Hi all, In some of my projects DebugHook is not set when running from IDE. I'm running D6, updatepack2, rtlupdate2. How do I find what prevents Delphi to set the hook regards, Tomislav
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

How to insert a "Page Brak" at a set point when printing RichEdit content (oops put in wrong group initially)

I am printing out RichEdit content. When I print out I add detail at the begining regarding the printout which I remove after the print. I want a "Page Break" to occur at a set point. What do I insert to the RichEdit to tell it that there is a "Page Break" at that set point
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Coping with different screen dpi settings

Many users seem to change their screen dpi to 120 (from the default 96, which I design in). I thought that setting a forms scale property to true would deal with this but it seems not to. In my applications it seems components on the form get scaled but the form itself retains its size (hence needing scroll bars). Is their a tututorial or definitive statement somewhere that says exactly what you have to do to be certain your applications looks the same regardless of end user screen setup If not is anybody prepared to have a go at listing the pitfalls to watch out for here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

ClientDataset: UNABLE TO RESOLVE RECORDS - TABLE NAME NOT FOUND

I suppose this is a very simple question, but I'm just starting with CDS. I have in the TIBQuery conected to the CDS a select with a JOIN: SELECT S.ID, S.DESCRIPCION, S.CODIGO_SEGUN_PROVEEDOR, M.SIMBOLO FROM STOCK S INNER JOIN MONEDAS M ON (S.ID_MONEDAS = M.ID) I want to update just the fields from STOCK table. Now I'm getting "UNABLE TO RESOLVE RECORDS - TABLE NAME NOT FOUND" when I apply updates
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Getting property getter/setter field with RTTI

Hi all, Is it possible to have access to property getter/setter *field* (not method), eg: TMyClass = class (TPersistent) private fStrings: TStrings; published property Strings: TStrings read fStrings; end; How to have "access" to fStrings from Strings property TypeInfo\t I can retrieve PPropInfo for 'Strings' property but then, GetProc and SetProc seems to work only when you have getter/setter methods! Any tips!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

setprinter question

trying to set the printer in the Tprinter class. in the setprinter method the 4th parameter states "DeviceMode is the handle to a memory buffer device-specific initialization data for the device driver. This handle can be obtained by calling the Globaloc function to allocate a DeviceMode record (Delphi) or DEVMODE structure (C++)." OK how do I do this - - - - -
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

TClientDataset FieldValue required

There seems to be a change with D2007 where its not respecting the difference between a null field and a blank one. If the oracle database column is not null (a varchar) and you assign it an empty value, a space or just initialize it to '', it gives you a warning at post that a field value is required. Oracle and MsSql allow you to insert a blank value into a not null field. A blank is not null, there is a difference. I'm running into some issues with our interface to BAAN as they have all fields set to not null, but they do allow blanks. The easy test for this is to create a table with a varchar column as not null. Using the standard TSqlQuery, TDatasetProvider, TClientDataset pattern, open the table, add a row and leaving the field blank try to post. The TClientDataset returns the error, not the database. If you try inserting the row into the database using TSqlQuery.ExecSQL, it inserts just fine. The problem with this is that we have some generic routines that handle opening, editing and updating rows. I can't make specific execsql statements for each table. I thought of trying to set the TFieldDef properties on the ClientDataset to required false, but since this happens after open it won't work.. and as I said this is all done within the scope of some generic routines. Any thoughts or suggestions -- Rich Werning TIP Technologies, Inc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Delphi application is requiring the "Win95 Compatibilty mode" to be configure before running in a client server setup. Help!

My Delphi application will not run in a client server mode setup unless the compatibility mode is set to "Run Compatibility for Win 95". I am not sure how this happened, it was working fine and then something changed that is requiring this. I am not sure if its a component or how I have Delphi setup. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am using Delphi 2006 on a XP machine. This also did this with Delphi 6. Semone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Strange behaviour of Delphi 2006 Arc when having a homedrive at M: set in environment

Using University laptop for my work. computers are locked with following SET command in registry: HOMEDRIVE=M: This is the only reference I find towards M: drive. After starting, and now and then else, BDS hangs for 50 seconds (or more) and then displays an error message of Could not find a part of the path "M:\" Since I have Eurekalog mounted, I get the following error track Is this something that is common, or is this connected to using M: as default home drive, but uses D: drive projects and also documents etc. are stored in D:\USERS, not in c:\documents and settings. Could there be a bug here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Find and substitute on line of text with a set of lines ?

I tried to do a replace with my BDS2006 Architect, where one line of code should be exchanged with a set of lines instead, but, while the find part easily fill in the line to replace, also with crlf characters, pasting the set of lines from the clipboard which should be the new text, only copied the first line into the field, not the block. another editor I use for php editing do this substitute easily, so why not Delphi editor. Is it possible to do in Codegear RAD studio 2007 \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Execution of finalization code when program is reset during a debugging session

Enquiring Mind wrote: > When during a debugging session the developer Resets the program by > clicking "Run>Reset program" , for example after an exception has > been thrown, does the debugger still call all the termination code of > the application, e.g. the OnDestroy event handlers for all created > forms, the finalization code of all program units, etc. No. Reset rudely and immediately kills the app, occasionally leaving a mess behind. > On a related note, what happens to dynamically created custom objects > (that do not have an Owner property) created by the main form in its > OnCreate handler, and destroyed in its OnDestroy event handler, if > the program is aborted prematurely in a debugging session Windows will clean up allocated memory that "leaks" when a process is killed (whether under the debugger or not). But the destructor on the "custom object" won't be called. -- Craig Stuntz [TeamB] Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets: http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

setprinter question

trying to set the printer in the Tprinter class. in the setprinter method the 4th parameter states "DeviceMode is the handle to a memory buffer device-specific initialization data for the device driver. This handle can be obtained by calling the Globaloc function to allocate a DeviceMode record (Delphi) or DEVMODE structure (C++)." OK how do I do this - - - - -
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

generator field in clientdataset

, I'm triying to change all my IBX components in my app for ClientDataSets.. The first problem I've found is that I don't know how to deal with the primary keys of my tables. I used the GeneratorField property of the IBDataSet to assing the value from a generator in the database. How I do this with the CDS Now I have a IBQuery, a DataSetProvider and a ClientDataset for each table. Just in case: I'm using Delphi 6.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

are there hotkeys for setting and navigating through code?

are there any hotkeys for setting and navigating through code in the source editor for D7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to set computer date and time?

Luis Daniel Taballione wrote: > I want to set the compter's date and time from delphi. Use the SetLocalTime ( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724936.aspx ) or SetSystemTime ( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724942.aspx ) functions. -- Yorai Aminov (TeamB) (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.) Shorter ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Stack overflow when setting PopupParent

In the D2006 code below I am getting an EStackOverflow exception on the line setting PopupParent. Why would that beI tried using Nil instead of Application for the form create but the problem remains. frmMail:= TfrmMail.Create(Application); try PopupParent := Self; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Problem with setting record field

I am having a problem updating fields in a record from a descendant class of a class storing that record. The record : //---------------------------------------------------------------------------- TLogHeader = Packed Record TimeStamp : TDateTime; Item : Cardinal; // Hash to item this log ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Environmental variable settings not respected

I got a weird bug in RAD Studio Delphi win 32 (december update). The compiler does not respect the path aliases I set in environmental variables. For example if I add a new user environmental variable ROOT and set it ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to set a proxy in IE for the system, not application.

I want to be able to change proxy information in Internet Explorer, but for the whole computer, not just the running application. I've been expirimenting with the InternetSetOption but have had no luck. Does anyone have any sample code that ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!