Problem with TFileStream.seek in Turbo Delphi

I've just started using Turbo Delphi after 25 years with Turbo and Delphi products. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I couldn't find another TD-specific support mechanism anywhere. I'm reading a large data file, using ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:57:21 AM Total Views:  319
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Runonce Registry problem

I am having a problem compiling a small uninstall program with the followingmethod: ========== procedure TdmMain.SetupRunOnce; begin FReg.RootKey:=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; // Section to look for within theregistry FReg.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce',True); FReg.WriteString('V Uninstall','Fred'); // FReg.CloseKey; end; =============== FReg is of Type TRegistry. The method is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

BDS 2006 - strange problem...

Since couple of days I'm using BDS 2006 and strange thing happens during form edition. Let say that I have a form with panel on it. I'm selecting this panel and drag a label onto this panel. label become child ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: [EQ] Always on top problem (fsStayOnTop)!

Thanks but for my forms what must i do i want show form2 over form1 that now is visible. form2 have alwaysontop property: button click{ form2.show; } Sometimes if i click on form1 then form2 will be hide (move under ..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is it me or is it D2006 - problem with nested end else's

If I comment out the "else ProcessEndOfWord"'s this procedure compiles, with them in I get [Pascal Error] Unit1.pas(82): E2029 'END' expected but 'ELSE' found. I've rewritten the procedure in a better way anyway but this is baffling me. procedure CheckForWebStuff; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: System tray problems

"Lorne" wrote in message news:474d8a2c@newsgroups.borland.com... > I want the menu to stay visible whilst the mouse is over the > icon or on the menu but to disappear if the mouse is moved > away without clicking anything. That ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Event problem traced to MessageDlg - need suggestions

w/D7 I have been trying to understand various event processes in an app of mine that displays text in a pagecontrol form. (The text is loaded from a Firefox db). Before a new page is loaded from either a dblclicked ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Rounding problem doubles: 79.7 50.3 + 29.4

It appears that if I make q 79.7, r 50.3 and s 29.4 by reading from a string and using the function StrToFloat then q-(r+s) does not equal 0.0 but some very low number like 1E-15. What can I do, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ChecklistBox problems

I can't figure this out. I'm using a checklistbox with the style set as lVirtualOwnerDraw, everything is working as expected, except I can't figure out how to tell it that an item is checked or not. It keeps using the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Loading source problem

Hi people, I hope I am using the correct Group for this. I am getting an error when loading application source. From memory the error message is along the lines of... "Cannot load package c:\....\borland\delphi\bin\dclite50.bpl as it contains zlib which ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

TForm.Create-problems I

I have a TForm whichs property will be set by the caller. This form shall "ShowModal" other forms, which names will only be known at runtime. But know I dont know, how to do this with a Property: Normally I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Debugger problem in Delphi 2007

Howdy! I have a project that has been growing at a slow pace for several years, since many Delphi versions back. Migrating it to a trial version of Delphi 2007 caused me problems and I wonder if it's my fault ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 problems with GetWindowText and MainFormOnTaskbar

I have discouvered that since I upgraded to D2007 I am having problems with a procedure that tells me how many other instances of my application are running. function GetCurrentExeCount: integer; var hPrevInst : Thandle; sfClassName: PChar; begin hPrevInst ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help with bizarre problem.

I have a multi-tiered db application that I maintain in Delphi 5, and have just run into the most bizarre problem I have ever seen. On a form is a panel which serves as parent for multiple controls (defined by ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

string to curreny. problem with decimal and thousand separators

Sergio Gonzalez wrote: > > , I have an import process in my app that reads a text file and > convert the values to currency. The text files are generated in other > PCs than the one with is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hints problem

, I've a problem with the hints - I notice a few other messages about this but they don't solve it for me. I have an application and the hints both on the IDE, and also my application when I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Vista Delphi 6 problems

After I first installed some 3rd party components they worked fine, but once I restart Delphi they don't. I get: Can't load package C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Projects\Bpl\xxx.bpl. The specified module could not be found. Yet it is there. If I say ok ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Event conceptualization problem

I have a big hole in my Delphi/windows conceptualization and I'm requesting two types of help with it: 1. the specific language for the concepts that addresses the type of issue I'll describe so that I can find discussions that ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does Anyone else have this problem?

Hi , I recently upgraded to Delphi 2007 for win32. Now when I am working in a project and excute the applictaion (F9), all of the component icon's names on the data module(s) disappear!. A real pain! This may happen ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: System tray problems

Lorne a crit : > By design my application only shows in the system tray. When the user > passes the mouse over the icon I can pick up WM_MOUSEMOVE and show a popup > menu above the icon. > ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Solution to a multithread problem

! I have been using a 3rd party library (which I don't have the code for) and I have been experimenting some lockouts with my application. The dll accepts an object on a callback function to return some file names ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!