Please help with this code - WMMouseWheel

I have done a lot on this code and net i would like to implement dynamic spot size (ss) using the mouse wheel control (see last procedure). Initial spot size (value = 150) and canvas created at OnCreate event. Other ...
Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 09:51:54 PM Total Views:  210
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Component writing... help needed please!

Hi all Right, I've created the basic part of my component - TJdUserManager. In this component I have 2 TCollections - TJdUsers and TJdUserGroups. Within both of those collections I have Collection Items - TJdUser and TJdUserGroup respectively. What I want to do is have a property in TJdUser to select a TJdUserGroup. In the object inspector I am looking to create a drop down list of the available TJdUserGroups so that I can select one group membership which will be associated with that TJdUser.Group property. I'm assuming the .Group property will need to be a pointer to a TCollectionItem Basically, its similar to Indys TIdTCPClient - where you can select a IOHandler/Intercept as soon as it is dropped on the form. Obviously my TCollectionItems are not dropped on the form though! Also, when I create a new TJdUserGroup in the object inspector I'm assuming the name of the item must be stored somewhere in a list to be made available to the TJdUser \t Can you point me in the right direction with tips/source samples
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

some help drawing menus please

I want to create a menu with 7 items on the top row plus 7 items on the second row, the last item appearing on the right of line 2. The top row has about 2/3 cm of free space on the right. Is there a simple way of doing this I know I can do it by moving the ARect co'ords in the owner draw routine but I am hoping there is a simpler way than calculating the position of every item from 7 upwards manually since each position depends on where the last item is and keeping traqck seems to be a lot of work. A significant complication comes when trying to cope with diffent font size and dpi settings users may have, I do not know how many items the menu will put on the top row by default until run time. Another problem I have is the item I want on the right of row 2 - it is a clock which I want to show the time as (say) 10:14:08. If I put MenuClock.Caption := TimeToStr(now) in a timer routine updating once a second it shows the time but with two nigling points: 1. It puts '&' in front of the time string despite hot keys being set to manual (this happens outside the timer routine which I know sets it correctly) 2. It removes the highlight from any other menu item that was selected at the time the timer updated the time. What is the best way to avoid this (or another way to put a clock on the menu). Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Advice on hugh file size problem please

Any advice please. (Delphi Project) Recorder program a) I have a project in which file size produced is high approx 4.3 G Bytes +. 192 bytes are repeatedly streamed into a file so (192 * n) where n could be any great number.I call this,the recorder program Decoder Program b) Then I have to produce another program that will read the recorder program produced in a) and it is to decoded , stripping out some number of bytes fron each of the 192 byes from the recoder program. I have come up with a number of solutions which partly worked. My solution at present is to create the recoder program in 1 G byte chunks putting in a end of file delimiter/Marker of some sort at the end of each chunk , possibly appending the files into one. Then the decoder program would be able to read the file till the end of marker for each chunk and the handling of --buffer sizes-- getmem limitations would be overcome. I would like some advice as to which is a good way to go. Thanking you Ted
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

I lost my project **urgent please***

Hi anybody: I had a problem with my IDE, I get an error so I saved my project and re run Delphi 7 then I can't compile my project because I haven't any file in project options properties. How do I solve this Any help will be appreciate. With best regards Luis , Luis wrote: >
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Suggestions please -> storing calculated data

group. Here's my task: 1. Create an algorithm to interpolate data (example: Given: Beginning latitude and logitude and beginning time, and ending latitude, longitude and time Interpolated latitude and longitude positions at X minute intervals between the start and stop time.) My Question: When I calculated this data, what type of class, object, structure would be best... This output will have to be collected as indiviual sets of data that can be accessed at any time, but not persistant when the program closes. I was thinking some type of Object Container so I can access each "set of data" by name or somthing similar. To explain it in a GUI type way... I have a map with many sets of beginning and ending points. If I click on the beginning point, I have the option to interpolate the between points (beginning and ending) If I click on another beginning point (different set), I have the option to do the same. Now, I can go back and look at the data from the first interpolation if I want... (retrieves the data from the object container...by name or something instead of recalculating it again) I hope this make sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Forms error, please help

, after loading a VCL.NET application and switching to design view (mainform) I get the error: An error occured while loading the document. Fix the error, and then try loading the document again. The error message follows: The designer can not be shown because deserialization threw an exception: Failed to create an instance of 'Borland.Vcl.TForm' because 'System.MissingMethodException: Constructor on type Bolrland.Vcl.TForm not found. at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder,Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags binderAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) at Borland.Studio.Host.CreationManager.a(Type, Object[], Type[], Boolean )' Please help! I have BDS2006 and RAD Studio 2007 both installed (RAD Studio is new installation) Error occurs at the moment in BDS2006.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

2 annoying bugs in D2007 IDE - CG, please fix!!!

Win Xp, D2007 Win32 Prof. updated. 1. Open any project. And try to close it immediately. Delphi is asking "Save changes to project ..." What changes\t I haven't touched anything! 2.Start Delphi. Click the "open" icon - it's the fifth from the left on the toolbar. It points to some directory - but not the last one used!!! Whatever project I work on, save it and close, when I restart Delphi, and click "open", it always points to the very same directory - it's so annoying! I'd like it to point to the last one I used. Has anyone seen/experienced those problems
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Need help with EAbstractError

Help Could someone take a look at this code and tell me how to fix it so that I do not get this error message. I am using Delphi 6. Project MetaDemo.exe raised exception class EAbstractError with message 'Abstract Error'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue. Do you have any Ideas - HELP Mark Moss {-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------} procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject); {Make the MetaFiles} var Size: TSize; ATop, N, Ht: integer; MetaFile: TMetaFile; Strings1:TStringList; Strings2:TStringList; EMF_Strings : TStream; begin Strings1 := TStringList.Create; Strings2 := TStringList.Create; EMF_Strings :=TStream.Create; Strings1.Add('[XML][RequestType]1[/RequestType][CardNumber]462720901201[/CardNumber][/XML]'); Strings2.Add(''); Strings1.SaveToStream(EMF_Strings);
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Call to html file as help

, Is it posiable to call to html file as a help file by press f1 button.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

anyone can help? delphi 7 TADOTable cannot connect to 400 columns excel

I use a TADOConnection (e.g. connection1) to connect a Excel 2007 file with about 400 columns in a worksheet, using the following connectionString: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=D:\temp\exportFG.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0;HDR=YES;" when I set the connected properties to true, no error occur. but when i put a TADOTable and set its connection to connection1, tableDirect = true, only 256 columns can be retrieved!! is this a limitation in Delphi 7 components (I know before Excel 2007, a worksheet has maximum 256 columns only) I am using Delphi 7.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 7th October 2012
View Replies!

D2007 help upgrade

, Last week I have tryed to to the help update and I have stopped it during process, now the automatic update tool doesn't suggest me to download it again (like if the update was terminated). where can I download it to install it manually
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Suggestions please -> storing calculated data

group. Here's my task: 1. Create an algorithm to interpolate data (example: Given: Beginning latitude and logitude and beginning time, and ending latitude, longitude and time Interpolated latitude and longitude positions at X minute intervals between the start and stop time.) My Question: When I calculated this data, what type of class, object, structure would be best... This output will have to be collected as indiviual sets of data that can be accessed at any time, but not persistant when the program closes. I was thinking some type of Object Container so I can access each "set of data" by name or somthing similar. To explain it in a GUI type way... I have a map with many sets of beginning and ending points. If I click on the beginning point, I have the option to interpolate the between points (beginning and ending) If I click on another beginning point (different set), I have the option to do the same. Now, I can go back and look at the data from the first interpolation if I want... (retrieves the data from the object container...by name or something instead of recalculating it again) I hope this make sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Overridden method helper?

Before upgrading to the latest December update of my D2007, I could hit CTRL-Space inside of a descendant class delcaration to get a list of methods in the parent class that I could override. That doesn't seem to work now. Anyone else have this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

some help drawing menus please

I want to create a menu with 7 items on the top row plus 7 items on the second row, the last item appearing on the right of line 2. The top row has about 2/3 cm of free space on the right. Is there a simple way of doing this I know I can do it by moving the ARect co'ords in the owner draw routine but I am hoping there is a simpler way than calculating the position of every item from 7 upwards manually since each position depends on where the last item is and keeping traqck seems to be a lot of work. A significant complication comes when trying to cope with diffent font size and dpi settings users may have, I do not know how many items the menu will put on the top row by default until run time. Another problem I have is the item I want on the right of row 2 - it is a clock which I want to show the time as (say) 10:14:08. If I put MenuClock.Caption := TimeToStr(now) in a timer routine updating once a second it shows the time but with two nigling points: 1. It puts '&' in front of the time string despite hot keys being set to manual (this happens outside the timer routine which I know sets it correctly) 2. It removes the highlight from any other menu item that was selected at the time the timer updated the time. What is the best way to avoid this (or another way to put a clock on the menu). Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

TDateTime help needed

I'm new to programming and need some help regarding this: I am working on a small util where I want to give the user some infotext (Using 'MessageDlg') at the same date (17.05.\t\t) every year. (This is the Norwegian national day ) I have managed to do this for one spesific date, this year. Bud I ned it to do this every year at the same date. A small example of code would be appreciated. BTW: I'm sorry if I am using a wrong newsgroup for my question. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BDS 4 No Context-sensitive help installed

I have ported an app from D6 to BDS 2006 win 32. I have a help file that works fine in D6, but the app in bds 2006 cannot find the help file. I have the help file path set to the same place that the D6 app found it. Nothing else has been changed with respect tot he help file. Any ideas\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help on memory leaks in threads

Hi all, Could anyone help me and tell me if I'm handling thread data exchange in a wrong way as my exe is eating more and more memory and eventually stops with "Out of System Resources" error. In my app ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

How to use help file in Delphi 2007?

I have Raise; operator in delphi code, select it and press F1, after that get two topics about Raise; which is not related to Delphi exception Raise operator. How to use help to get relevant HELP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

chm help files

how can i use chm help files with a program i've created in delphi 7...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!