Loading source problem

Hi people, I hope I am using the correct Group for this. I am getting an error when loading application source. From memory the error message is along the lines of... "Cannot load package c:\....\borland\delphi\bin\dclite50.bpl as it contains zlib which ...
Posted On: Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:12:04 PM Total Views:  248
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How to find the reasons for Form's unloading/closing

I have not been able to find any way for detecting the reasons for Form's unloading/closing. How can we find out the reason for which form is being unloaded/closed... OnClose event is not helpful here. I have managed to list the following reasons: - User clicks on the close button - Form is told to close from code - User is logging off Windows - Windows is shutting down - User closes End Task's the program from Task Manager TIA Yogi Yang
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

Avoid loading resource DLL's

I have created some resource DLL's for my bpl's. But I don't want to load them when running the IDE, unfortunately the IDE loads them automatically with the bpl packages. How can I avoid this without changing my default windows locale I have tried changing the registry locale overrides, but it seems to have no effect... (RAD Studio 2007 SP1) --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

imagelists vs resource files

Just a (hopefully) simple question; I've got a situation where I need to have about 100 glyphs, of varying sizes, available to one of my existing applications. Previously, the projects has had maybe a dozen such glyphs; I just used 2 imagelists (one for small glyphs, one for larger glyphs) on the main form of the program, and had no problems just 'assigning' graphics into TImages on other forms, etc. This time around, not only will there be several imagelists (I have glyphs at 3 different sizes), but I'm worried that managing them in Delphi's TImageList editor will be awkward, and most importantly from a maintenance and version control point of view - the .dfm will become huge! So I thought I should put the images into a resource file, to become compiled into the exe, and then just 'load' them from the resource as I need them at runtime. Are there any pitfalls of doing this that I should be aware of It *looks* fairly simple to just convert my calls from (eg) frmMain.imgMedGlyphs.GetBitmap(MED_GLYPH_CHECK, imgCheck.Picture.Bitmap); to imgCheck.Picture.Bitmap.Handle:=LoadBitmap(hInstance, 'med_glyph_check'); Is there anything to be gained from leaving everything as it is and just dynamically loading-up the TImageList from the embedded resources when the program first starts Any thoughts or comments appreciated - I've never had quite so many graphic resources in a program before and I'm quite sure that just persevering with a huge .dfm and reams of TImageLists is the *wrong* way to proceed! Cheers Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Prevent COM object from loading

I'm creating a COM object in a Dll file and I'd like to create a trial version that is limited to 30 days use. For that, I'm planning to have the COM object write a date in the registry when it is first used and test for expiry of the trial period each time it is used. Because execution time is critical (the COM object are used for providing sorting mechanisms for large databases), I don't want to have to test for expiry of the trial period each time one of the function is called (even saving the test result in a variable and doing a simple "If FTrialHasExpired Then ..." at the start of each exposed function is too much execution time for me). I'd therefore like to test once for this expiry, when the COM object loads/instanciate and prevent it loading if necessary. My question: I have the following object that inherits the interface: TCoMyCOMObject = Class(TAutoObject, IMyCOMObject) If I overwrite its Create contructor (as depicted below), and if I raise an exception in that constructor (when the trial period has expired), will it prevent the COM object from being properly loaded/intanciated and its function used Constructor TCoMyCOMObject.Create; Begin Inherited; If Not CheckExpiryTrialPeriod Then Raise Exception.Create('The trial period has expired. Please, purchase the fully functional utility.'); End;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

The source of the 'Confirm' string in the MessageDlg control?

Where is the .pas file that holds the 'Confirm' string (form's title) seen on the MessageDlg control's As far as i can see it is not in Dialogs.pas, neither CustomizeDlg.pas or Consts.pas. I want to change this string for something else.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Save source code in UTF8

, In delphi 2007 how to save automatiquely source code in UTF8 cause now when i save the source code it's not save in UTF8 but in current local
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Problem downloading from Codegear

I was wondering if anyone else could confirm this for me please. I'm trying to download Update 3 for RAD Studio 2007 from http://www.codegear.com/downloads/regusers/delphi When I click on the link, I get a "Server Error" - Unable to load file 'borland.bdn.cc'. Is anyone else having this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

Duplicate Resource

Somehow the icon for my program disappeared from Project->Options->Application->Icon So I went back in and clicked load to put in my icon. OK Then I clicked OK and I got the message Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1). I tried deleting the DCR file but I still can not click the OK button to save the icon. Any ideas -Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Mainform not loading by default in IDE

I have one application that I can't figure out what I've done to. With all my existing applications, whenever I load them into my IDE the mainform loads and displays by default. However, one of my applications when I load - it doesn't load anything into the IDE. (ie, it does load the project, but no forms load by default - nor the unit associated with it), and thus I have to go and select my mainform before it displays. I was wondering if anyone might know what's causing this (Delphi 2007)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Rad Studio editor and unicode (Thai) characters in source

Before I post to Quality Central, I have one simple question: is the subject supposed to work I observe that when I have a long string of Thai characters in a source unit in the editor, the editor behaves weirdly. Its drawing some characters too wide (like there's a space next to them), and when I move caret to the right in that line, eventually the caret disappears out of the editor on the left side. Am I supposed to be able to have a string constant with Thai characters -- Eivind Bakkestuen Nexus Database Systems Pty Ltd
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Human ressources

Any link for HR/Payroll source code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem downloading from Codegear

I was wondering if anyone else could confirm this for me please. I'm trying to download Update 3 for RAD Studio 2007 from http://www.codegear.com/downloads/regusers/delphi When I click on the link, I get a "Server Error" - Unable to load file 'borland.bdn.cc'. Is anyone else having this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Duplicate Resource

Somehow the icon for my program disappeared from Project->Options->Application->Icon So I went back in and clicked load to put in my icon. OK Then I clicked OK and I got the message Duplicate resource (Type: 3, Name: 1). I tried deleting the DCR file but I still can not click the OK button to save the icon. Any ideas -Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Extract binary resource from file

How does one extract a binary resource from a file on disk The following code works fine to extract a resource from my own application (where 'resname' is a binary resource I have placed into the executable): ------------------------------------ var rStream: TResourceStream; begin rStream := TResourceStream.Create(hInstance, 'resname', RT_RCDATA); try [do something with the stream] finally FreeAndNil(rStream); end; end; ------------------------------------ However what I want to do is to extract a binary resource from a file other than my own. I thought it was going to be as easy as getting a handle to the file, and passing that to TResourceStream.Create as the 'Instance' parameter (as the following code attempts), but this fails miserably with the exception 'EResNotFound'. ------------------------------------ var aHandle: THandle; rStream: TResourceStream; begin aHandle := FileOpen('thefile', fmOpenRead or fmShareDenyNone); // 'thefile' is a full path to the filename on disk containing the resource I want to access if aHandle INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE then begin rStream := TResourceStream.Create(aHandle, 'resname', RT_RCDATA); try [do things with the stream] finally FreeAndNil(rStream); end; CloseHandle(aHandle); end; end; ------------------------------------ I'm guessing that it isn't a handle to the file that TResourceStream.Create needs as the 'Instance' parameter, but something else: any clues as to what this is would be appreciated. Nigel
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Save source code in UTF8

, In delphi 2007 how to save automatiquely source code in UTF8 cause now when i save the source code it's not save in UTF8 but in current local
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

E2161 Warning: Duplicate resource: Type 24 ?

What is this error when I tried to include XPMan into a new created project in D2007: E2161 Warning: Duplicate resource: Type 24 (user-defined), ID 1; File: MyApp.res resource kept; file c:\codegear\delphi2007\lib\WindowsXP.res resource discarded. The projects created from the older delphi version and load them into D2007 don't have such problem. Tiger
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

source code revision info /label

Hi all, I've built a project where the source files have been saved hundreds of times -> for each source file, in hystory tab, I have a huge list of revision entries. Now click on info tab: for each entry, I get 2 panes: a 'label' list (its value is 'sauvegarde locale') and a 'comment' memo (its value is 'fichier de sauvegarde local'). On my IDE these 2 panes are read-only. Is there a way to modify these values with custom values If there is not, how do you make for qualifying each of the saved files with information like 'stable_version#1' or 'current_production_application' If there is no way, do you understand my need and how do you treat it Thank's for your kind help Didier
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi manifest resource conflicts with manifest file

I ran into this the other day. If you include the XPManifest component or check the box in the Project->Application->Use runtime themes, Delphi creates a manifest resource. I have projects where I also need to run local or unregistered OCXs ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

AddFontResource and Vista

in my app (D2007) I use the code bellow to use a not installed font in Vista fontsInstalled := AddFontResource(pchar(myFontName)); // myFontName = the font's filepath if fontsInstalled > 0 then SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_FONTCHANGE, 0, 0); but it doesn't work ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!