html chm help file usage supported in D2007 Rad Studio? *confused*

Ok folks... I gotta be missing something here. M$ has said their
'standard' help file is html based help for a while now... I can create CHM
files all day long but cant for the life of me figure out how to use them
with delphi apps.

Rad Studio still only allows selection of HLP files for the applications hlp
file... and if you use a CHM file anyway it reports that no help system has
been installed when you press F1 inside an app.

So... should delphi users be using CHM help or still HLP despite what M$
says is there something im missing are their compatibility issues with
what help system you use

Posted On: Wednesday 3rd of October 2012 02:44:11 AM Total Views:  254
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

mail with attachments

Hi... Sorry for reposting this message, but I can't make it work... I want to send and email with attachments. I thougth it was an easy task, but so far I can't do it... I've been googling and I've found some different examples, but with no luck at all. I use Delphi 6 and I'm testing the app on WinXP / Outlook Express. This code (http://www.swissdelphicenter.ch/torr...de.phpid=1246) executes without any exeption, but nothing seems to happen. The debugger shows that the line: Result := MapiSendMail(MAPI_Session, Handle, MapiMessage, MAPI_DIALOG, 0); (with I presume is the which actually sends the mail) is executed. I've also been trying with (http://www.delphi3000.com/articles/article_1424.aspSK=) but I can't figure out how to connect to Outlook Express instead of Outlook. The JEDI component (TJVMail) shows an exeption if I attach a file: "Mapi error (2): general mapi failure" Any kind of help will be very appreciated!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

Problems with F1 help

Hi all, I am having problems with the Delphi 5 help files, (after transfer to new computer). The problem is, I am NOT getting the F1 help comming up on commands. That is, if I have the line: MessageDlg('File does not exist!',mtWarning,[mbOk],0); And I have the cursor on 'MessageDlg' and Press F1, then usually the Help file will open up showing the help for 'MessageDlg'. Instead I get a 'Help Topics List', with NO listing for 'MessageDlg'. Even if I click on a topic (like 'MessageSize Event') I just get, 'The Topic does not exist. Contact your vendor for updated help file (129)'. It appears Delphi 5 is NOT 'seeing' the help files! I am guessing it is something I did with the manual transfer of the settings and component files. That is, I got a new computer, installed D5, then copied various files from the old computer over to the new. In that process, I must have stuffed the 'help' searching Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Can't get "Search for help on..." to work with a HtmlHelp

I'm converting an old WinHelp helpfile to HtmlHelp because I don't want a user to get a raspberry when he installs my app on Vista and presses F1. But I can't get this line: Application.HelpCommand(HH_DISPLAY_SEARCH,LongInt(@q)); to do anything except open the helpfile. There's a Microsoft bug report on this, Q241381, but it dates from 2002. Is it really still broken, or am I missing something I want is for the .chm file to open with the Search tab showing (instead of whatever the user had showing last). HH_DISPLAY_INDEX doesn't seem to work either. I expect it to show the Index tab but it also shows whatever the user had showing last. -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

send mail with atachments

(Delphi 6) Hi I'm using a TJVMail component. The PC has WinXP / Outlook Express ISTR that I could sent mails with attachments some time ago without problems Now I'm receiving an error "MAPI Error: (2) General MAPI Failure"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

d2007 help again

I love Delphi and have been using it since D2. I'm am becomming so angry with the help system. I do ONLY win32 development in pascal/delphi. I want to turn off Visual Basic, J++, C++, JScript, ..net, .net compact framework, and actually except for specific projects, blackfish Sql, dinkumware, indy, intraweb and rave reports. I don't want to just turn on Language Delphi or Platform SDK or Rad Studio or Rad Studio for Win32 Platform. What the hell! If I know which area the help was in, I most likely wouldn't even need the help. I see improvement in the help content -- when I can actually find what I'm looking for but the index and filtering system totally sucks--as well as the full 30 second delay the first time you invoke help or when you set a filter. Why not provide a simple check box for each of the filters that would let us UNCHECK the content that has no bearing on what we're doing and then make it stick until we change it. Even when I filter for Laguage Delphi, C++ articles still show up in the results I find. Anybody know if there is there a way, maybe in the registry, to turn off the elements that are of no relevance to the task at hand I find myself using the old d7 help most of the time and that's fine except it's a bit dated esepcailly on some things. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Component writing... help needed please!

Hi all Right, I've created the basic part of my component - TJdUserManager. In this component I have 2 TCollections - TJdUsers and TJdUserGroups. Within both of those collections I have Collection Items - TJdUser and TJdUserGroup respectively. What I want to do is have a property in TJdUser to select a TJdUserGroup. In the object inspector I am looking to create a drop down list of the available TJdUserGroups so that I can select one group membership which will be associated with that TJdUser.Group property. I'm assuming the .Group property will need to be a pointer to a TCollectionItem Basically, its similar to Indys TIdTCPClient - where you can select a IOHandler/Intercept as soon as it is dropped on the form. Obviously my TCollectionItems are not dropped on the form though! Also, when I create a new TJdUserGroup in the object inspector I'm assuming the name of the item must be stored somewhere in a list to be made available to the TJdUser \t Can you point me in the right direction with tips/source samples
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Does anyone know how to do a keyword help lookup in a .chm file?

I'm passing a keyword (that the user highlights in an edit control) to HtmlHelpViewer. But it crashes. In response to a call to Application.HelpKeyword(), THtmlHelpViewer.ShowHelp() GPFs at the call to Windows.HtmlHelpA(), which is in the OCX. This fails because it is trying to read from address $0001. HtmlHelpA() works perfectly when called in response to Application.HelpContext(). So it looks to me like there is a problem with the THH_AKLink structure that is being passed on a HelpKeyword call. But that is mostly hard-coded. There is a comment in the code that says WARNING: the documentation says HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC is required before this will work. Is that true It might be relevant but I don't know what the comment means. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

No help?

No help available when pressing F1 on D2007 for w32
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

BlackFish deployment on a Shared Host (remote) -Urgent help required

I am trying to show case BlackFish to a company for their web site (written in ECO asp.net in RS 2007) I have been trying to deploy in a remote host with out success. Can some one give step by step instruction for doing it along with web.config file settings I am posting it here since the dead line is 5 pm today(another 5 hours left) Else we go with sql server(which has been deployed & running well) Presently i m getting the following error *********************************************** No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2508 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2508 ********************************************** Venkatesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help for OLE container support with MSOffice

I am using OLE container (delphi-5) in my application which get a word-2007 document from a database(as BLOB stream) and then saves it on local system hard disk (windows XP with office-2007). Issue is that when i try to open this in file (saved file by OLE container) using MS word 2007 then i get an error saying that file is corrupted. Here are some more details about the problem/setup. 1) If i just open the document in OLE container from a database(as BLOB stream) then I am able to see its content in correct format. 2) I am using Delphi-5 version. Does the OLE container for this supports Office-2007. 3) I am using "SaveAsDocument" API to save the word-2007 document in local disk. 4) Is there any patch/update that needs to be installed on Delphi-5 to make this work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CSV File help and INI File - storing and retrieving dword, integer and string data.

I need to do the following: 1. Create a csv file 2. Save data to csv file - including type dword, integer and string; 3. Close CSV file. 4. Open csv file 5. Read data in from csv file as dword, integer and string; I have many items that i want to represent with each item like: ID Value1 Value2 Can anyone provide some help with this one as i have never used csv files before. Please keep it 'simple'. I had tried to do this using an INIFile but i don't know how to save the dword data and then read it back in to the code using an INI File. I can only see how to do strings and integers. I guess that this is a limitation of INI file, unless there is a way to convert the value of dword to integer or string an dthen read it abck from the INI File and convert it back to a dword I did try saving data as an integer to the INIFile, and then reading it from the INIFile (but can only seem do read it back as a string) to try converting to a dword but this did not seem possible. Thank you. BC.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Overridden method helper?

Before upgrading to the latest December update of my D2007, I could hit CTRL-Space inside of a descendant class delcaration to get a list of methods in the parent class that I could override. That doesn't seem to work now. Anyone else have this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

some help drawing menus please

I want to create a menu with 7 items on the top row plus 7 items on the second row, the last item appearing on the right of line 2. The top row has about 2/3 cm of free space on the right. Is there a simple way of doing this I know I can do it by moving the ARect co'ords in the owner draw routine but I am hoping there is a simpler way than calculating the position of every item from 7 upwards manually since each position depends on where the last item is and keeping traqck seems to be a lot of work. A significant complication comes when trying to cope with diffent font size and dpi settings users may have, I do not know how many items the menu will put on the top row by default until run time. Another problem I have is the item I want on the right of row 2 - it is a clock which I want to show the time as (say) 10:14:08. If I put MenuClock.Caption := TimeToStr(now) in a timer routine updating once a second it shows the time but with two nigling points: 1. It puts '&' in front of the time string despite hot keys being set to manual (this happens outside the timer routine which I know sets it correctly) 2. It removes the highlight from any other menu item that was selected at the time the timer updated the time. What is the best way to avoid this (or another way to put a clock on the menu). Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

TDateTime help needed

I'm new to programming and need some help regarding this: I am working on a small util where I want to give the user some infotext (Using 'MessageDlg') at the same date (17.05.\t\t) every year. (This is the Norwegian national day ) I have managed to do this for one spesific date, this year. Bud I ned it to do this every year at the same date. A small example of code would be appreciated. BTW: I'm sorry if I am using a wrong newsgroup for my question. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

want help for developing Socket server with heavy traffic

Dear I want to two write a Transaction socket server that can handle heavy traffic.I need some advise and help in design. The clients actions are onnect,SendRequestStr,GetResponseStr,Disconnect. Expected traffic is about 300 Transaction per second. Request processing is about 0.5-1 seconds. -What is your advice o implement it -use TSocketServer or TIdTCPServer which have better performance -what value should be set for the thread pool size for above specs -Develop server Application as Win Vcl app or console application -As you know every clinet conection builds a thread to response, in multi processor (dual or quad) how distribute threads between them as single exe application -if I want to use win64 and 64bit computer power,The only compiler for delphi is FreePascal. is it approved for heavy and commercial applications
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

access violation debug help

I added a form to my application and now I receive the following Access Violation when attempting to run the application. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to determining what in my new Unit is causing this problem --------------------------- Application Error --------------------------- Exception EAccessViolation in module borlndmm.dll at 00004D2A. Access violation at address 41004D2A in module 'borlndmm.dll'. Read of address 029384CC. --------------------------- OK ---------------------------
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

Advice on hugh file size problem please

Any advice please. (Delphi Project) Recorder program a) I have a project in which file size produced is high approx 4.3 G Bytes +. 192 bytes are repeatedly streamed into a file so (192 * n) where n could be any great number.I call this,the recorder program Decoder Program b) Then I have to produce another program that will read the recorder program produced in a) and it is to decoded , stripping out some number of bytes fron each of the 192 byes from the recoder program. I have come up with a number of solutions which partly worked. My solution at present is to create the recoder program in 1 G byte chunks putting in a end of file delimiter/Marker of some sort at the end of each chunk , possibly appending the files into one. Then the decoder program would be able to read the file till the end of marker for each chunk and the handling of --buffer sizes-- getmem limitations would be overcome. I would like some advice as to which is a good way to go. Thanking you Ted
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

parsing csv files

Hi: I am currently writing a csv parser, I have written the main body of the parser, but there appears to be no way of determining when a line has ended it doesn't seem to use the ascii 10 13 pair. Any help apreciated, I have read the file in to a string variable. I am iterating through the string with a while loop. Sean.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Saving a file & process being busy.

- I use this procedure to automatically save a file: procedure Tform1.Save2jpg; var jpgImg: TJPEGImage; begin try jpgImg := TJPEGImage.Create; jpgImg.Assign(Image1.Picture.Bitmap); jpgImg.SaveToFile(initialdir + '\' +'capture.jpg'); finally jpgImg.Free; end; end; ----------------- The first instance is ok, the file being written to the disk as expected. However i can't save it twice (with the same file name) - i then get an error message saying that the process involved is busy. Any solution to free the process or to catch the error Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!