How to launch just the Delphi personality

What I want to do is launch the delphi only personality AND load the project file that I clicked on. I can use the installed shortcuts to start the Delphi personality only but it doesn't load a project. The installer ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:57:19 AM Total Views:  243
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Rant: Don't want Unicode just give me a working IDE

Today I had to install RAD Studio on my Vista notebook. I'll be on a trip to make some system installation in another city and I'm going to use my notebook as a mobile developement station. Anyway, I installed RAD studio (only Delphi for Win32) which was flawless. I tried testing one of my project in newly installed Delphi and it started to give strange errors. It complained about missing DCU units. I checked the search path and it was correct. I have copied exactly the same directory structure from my Desktop XP PC to my Vista notebook. I checked all the PAS files and there were in the place. I re-checked the search path for both Debug/Release configurations and again Delphi refused to compile my project. If I go and add so-called missing PAS files to the project then it works but how could I add more than 100 files manually. Being a Delphi user for 13 years I was baffled with no clue at hand. I restarted my notebook and this time things started to be more strange. It compiled one of my projects but refused the other one. It was like a nightmare. One of the compiled project produced no output at all. It was a Library and though it was compiled successfully the resulted BPL was no where in my Harddrive. path settings were correct. required files were in place but Delphi refused to compile. Exactly the same setup on my XP desktop works fine. Has anyone else faced such a weird behavior from Delphi 2007 under Vista I didn't had time to go through the details of the problem. It wasted one D2007 activation key and costed me 2 hours with lots of frustrations. Time was running fast. I uninstalled D2007 and installed a pirated copy of Delphi 7.0. (Sorry but didn't feel guilty at all) Delphi 7.0 was working fine. It compiled everything as it should. I started wondering which one is Vista comptabile D7 or D2007. Fortunately my projects can be compiled in D7 too so I can go and do my installation.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

Calling or launching a program from D7

- I would like to launch another executable (a label making program) from inside Delphi. I only want to launch and have the user work in that program as deed, then when the user decides to quit the control goes back to the Delphi application right after the call. Nothing fancy like passing parameters, just starting up the program, then returning when the user is done with the label program. I know in a .bat its a simple CALL command but I can't find the equivalent in D7.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

D2007 just dissapears on opening form

Hi! Now the * hit the fan. After upgrading Vista to SP1 (though some time passed so it *might* be something else but I think not anyway) when opening some forms the IDE just vanisches (poff) from the screen as well as from the process explorer. I don't know what to do or where to begin. I would rather not start uninstalling and reinstalling as it is a rather time-consuming way of pinpointing the problem. My D2007 has the third upgrade (was applied before the SP1 stuff) and my projects worked (could be loaded) then. This is very troublesome and I can only hold my breath as to whether I'll be required to recomiple before this issue is resolved (scary). Greatly appreciate any help, TIA, /Dany --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Was it just me ?

It was down for me too.. "Don Gilbert" wrote in message news:4844239d$1@newsgroups.borland.com... > Something at my end, or was the newsgroup server down for a couple of days > > > D >
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

I just wish...

I just wish there are commands/menus available in Windows Explorer context menu for : - Compile Delphi Project - Open Project in Delphi IDE - Open Project in Delphi IDE and Run - Open Project and Debug Project in Delphi IDE Any more ideas on this Please add...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

typed constants - just curious

I would appreciate the following construction: type TColor = array[0..2] of Real; const red: TColor = (1.0, 0.0, 0.0); green: TColor = (0.0, 1.0, 0.0); blue: TColor = (0.0, 0.0, 1.0); black: TColor = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0); NiceColors: array[0..1] of TColor = (red, green); (*) UglyColors: array[0..1] of TColor = (blue, black); (*) What is the reason that the compiler complains at the lines marked with (*). I know that the typed constants are not true constants but I find this construction quite handy - or maybe it's fatally dangerous construction jindra , Jindra Parus wrote: > I would appreciate the following construction: > > type > TColor = array[0..2] of Real; > > const > red: TColor = (1.0, 0.0, 0.0); > green: TColor = (0.0, 1.0, 0.0); > blue: TColor = (0.0, 0.0, 1.0); > black: TColor = (0.0, 0.0, 0.0); > NiceColors: array[0..1] of TColor = (red, green); (*) > UglyColors: array[0..1] of TColor = (blue, black); (*) > > What is the reason that the compiler complains at the lines marked > with (*). Because blue should be in NiceColors. Seriously: the compiler needs true constants, i.e. constants that are not typed, there. It will not take typed constants, even if this were possible, in reality. If you want that, you'll have to make NiceColors and UglyColors variables and fill them in code: NiceColors[0] := red; NiceColors[1] := green; etc... -- Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] http://www.teamb.com "A poem is never finished, only abandoned." -- Paul Valery (1871-1945)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Delphi 2007 - IDE just closes!

Finally I decided to move from TurboDelphi Pro 2006 to Delphi 2007 (latest ISO available) and now I'm suffering from a very critical problem: After loading a project and start working on it, for no apparent reason, the IDE just closes! No errors or messages is shown. It justs disappears! Everytime this happens, I loose everything I was doing :-( Looks like switching to D2007 was bad decision. Anyone suffering with this problem Anything that can be done Carlos
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

I just wish...

I just wish there are commands/menus available in Windows Explorer context menu for : - Compile Delphi Project - Open Project in Delphi IDE - Open Project in Delphi IDE and Run - Open Project and Debug Project in Delphi IDE Any more ideas on this Please add...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

C fread equivalent in delphi.

I am translating some c code and it is using fread to parse a file..Is there an equivalent routine in delphi .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows CE 5.0 and delphi 7

, Hope you all are keeping well. I need to know how can I write application for Windows CE 5.0. Any clue any example of any simple application will be highly appriciated. Does it requires any third party tools/componets
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

word to int64 bug (delphi6)

if you assign "-" of a word-Variable to an int64 one, you get unexpectet results: var aWord:word; ainteger:integer; AInt64:int64; begin aWord:=2; aInteger:=2; AInt64:=-aWord; writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //you get 4294967294 instead of -2 AInt64:=0-aWord; writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //-2 AInt64:=-int64(aWord); writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //-2 AInt64:=-aInteger; writeln(inttostr(AInt64)); //-2 end. I suppose this to be a bug in Delphi 6. Is this still there in Delphi 2007,2008,...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how can i include version info with delphi exe while building with MSBUILD

I have able to set the version while building delphi executable by using the D2007 by enabling include version information in project. But i am using MSBUILD to build my .dpr in command prompt. I want to include the version info with MSBUILD
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calling C-dll from delphi

group, trying to translate a .h file for use within delphi. How do I translate typedef void (*GEOSMessageHandler)(const char *fmt, ...); void initGEOS(GEOSMessageHandler notice_function,GEOSMessageHandler error_function); into something useful for Delphi
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sftp component for delphi.net

Is there a low cost sftp component anyone knows about for .net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: delphi without dfm

Francisco Sanchez wrote: > > > we have a library which does exactly that: compresses, encrypts and > obfuscates dfms. It's called Citadel (http://www.billeniumsoft.com) Very Interesting. Are there any known issues (Vista etc) Can the component be used for encrypting other resources (such as bitmaps, incorporated into the executable using $R) as well Also, I notice the latest version is for Delphi 2006, not 2007. Will this component also support Delphi 2008 etc -- Arthur Hoornweg (In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net" from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to counteract unsollicited mail.)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Adjust case of folder name

How do I change the case of a folder name...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Are delphi classes packed?

I'm working on a program that has it's roots in c++. In the c++ source, there is a class similar to: class Foo { unsigned char a; unsigned char b; unsigned char c[100]; ...bunch of class functions... } The class ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Alphanumeric sort routine in delphi

Hi ! I need a good alphanumerical sorting routine written in delphi. Normally, WideCompareStr will arrange strings like this: text1 text12 text123 text2 text3 Instead of that, I need to arrange my strings this way: text1 text2 text3 text12 text123 ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Turbo delphi .net

I'm with this problem also. It's terrible. "Leandro" escreveu na mensagem news:4728a92a$1@newsgroups.borland.com... > Boa tarde > tenho um problema de utilizacao de memoria com o turbo delphi .net, alguem > ja passou por isso >...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Command line build questions : MSBUILD console output is either wickedlyverbose (compiling delphi .dprojs) or completely off.

The output when building a project (.dproj) from MSBUILD contains a very long path: Target CoreCompile: C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\dcc32.exe -B -I"C:\Progr s\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib";"C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\ /[[...... twenty more lines just like this snipped..... ]] / Can I make that output ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!