How can I tell which update level is installed?

This may sound silly, but how do I tell if Update 3 is installed in RAD Studio 2007 When I click on Help About I get: CodeGear(tm) Delphi (R) 2007 for Win32(R)R2 Version 11.0.2804.9245 Nothing on the screen says Update ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:57:30 AM Total Views:  270
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How can one increase the font size of the Object Inspector in D2007?

Hi! With higher screen resolutions the Object Inspector's font size tends to be too small. Is there a way to change that font size to some higher value The Object Inspector's 'Properties' form does not seem to make that possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

how can i include version info with delphi exe while building with MSBUILD

I have able to set the version while building delphi executable by using the D2007 by enabling include version information in project. But i am using MSBUILD to build my .dpr in command prompt. I want to include the version info with MSBUILD
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I share code or create a static library in Delphi ?

I have two related projects in my project group (Delphi 10, BDS 2006) that share a number of files, in a tree like this: ProjectGroup - Common - Utils.pas - ZLib.pas - Components.pas - GraphicApp.exe - MainApp.pas - GUI.pas - ConsoleApp.exe - MainConsole.pas - CLI.pas Now GraphicApp and ConsoleApp projects both use files in project Common. I would like Common to be some sort of a library project, library that GraphicApp and ConsoleApp would depend on. Does Delphi have native libraries Or can I set it somehow to output even a C++ like .lib file, and then use it in my other projects But I would still like to have types and forms in my library, and I am afraid this is hard to do with a .lib file I tried to create project Common as a package project, but then it would create a run-time file Common.bpl which works kind of like a ..dll, only in a Borlad - specific format. Meaning it has to stay near the executable, which my clients might not like, or be included in the system's PATH variable. I do not want any dll or dynamic libraries, I only have a number of source files that I want to use in both projects and what I need is a static library or some object files of some kind. Can I create a package like a static library, that would be linked in at compile time Does Delphi have a native static library format Or can I have some kind of project that just compiles the .pas files to .dcu files and then puts them somewhere, where I can use them in the other projects Every kind of project I saw wants to output some sort of executable, different than the .dcu files. Kind regards, Timothy Madden
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can i load TImage picture from a TMemoryStream that contain TJpeg data?

"Ahmadi" wrote in message news:486e356f@newsgroups.borland.com... > How can i load TImage picture from a TMemoryStream that contain TJpeg > data You have to load the TMemoryStream into a TJPEGImage, and then you can Assign() that to the TImage.Picture property. > jp:=TJPEGImage.Create; Since you already have the TJPEGImage, you can get rid of the TMemoryStream completely, ie: var jp: TJPEGImage; begin ... jp := TJPEGImage.Create; try ... Image1.Picture.Assign(jp); finally jp.free; end; ... end; Gambit
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 cannot resolve Forms

I'm a bit puzzled about D2007. I have a project which *is* compiling and executes. But the IDE keeps on complaining about an 'unresolved unit Forms' and proceeds to treat any items exported from the Forms unit as errors. D2007 compiles ok. The project runs without any errors. I don't understand. It just suddenly happened today. It didn't have this error the last time I ran D2007. Now when I just closed D2007 and re-opened it and opened the project, the errors are gone. I'm confused about this IDE. Any clarifications appreciated. Edmund
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

canvas.textheight return value problem

canvas.textheight(str) always seems to return the same value, regardless of the string parameter used. That is, except for '' (where it returns 0), using 'jT' or '.' makes no difference. what could be wrong Frank. PS: I'm trying to 'correct' canvas.TextWidth when using fsItalic
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: How can I detect the status of the Local Area Connection?

singular2@gmail.com wrote: > > I would like to write a smail Delphi application which can check the > status of the Local Area Connection - enabled or disabled - (what you > can see in Xp at Start / Setting ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

how can I search for old treads

karl-Heinz Warnknig wrote: > but I like to search for a keyword in old threads of a newsgroup . > How can I do this http://groups.google.com/ -- Craig Stuntz [TeamB] Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

[EQ]How can i be sure that a function is thread safe?

hi, see my following function(tail of this message), How can i be sure that its thread safe because some of functions that im using to create a SQLQuery is black box for me and i dont know activity of them, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

How can one initialize strict private class variables elegantly?

If I define type TFoo = class strict private class var x : integer; .... end; how do I get x initialized It can't be done using the old trick (initialization section) as 'x' is not visible there. It can't ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

how can i install help files

I download the new help files (25242_rad_studio_2007_help_update_1_chm_files_english.ZIP). But how can I can integrate them with IDE (CodeGearT DelphiR for MicrosoftR WindowsT Version 11.0.2627.5503) TIA...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D7: can you turn OFF the disappearing components?

When you have a TDateModule, the available components on the pallette are different from when you have a TForm selected. Can this behaviour be turned OFF I often have something else selected and want to drop a component on ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

EDBEngineError - cannot load driver

Hi all, I have a strange exception EDBEngineError with a message "cannot load driver" when trying to access dBase (.dbf) files. I use TTable component where I specify a DatabaseName property (a directory with a .dbf file) and a TableName ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Strange error telling me a component cannot be registered

I've been getting an error lately I find very strange. The IDE will say, 'Component TSomeComponent can't be registered by package somepack.bpl because it has already been registered by somepack.bpl.' It cannot register the component because the registering package ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Business Card scanner with SDK support

Anyone have any experience with using a Business Card scanner to import data into a database We are currently looking at: http://www.scanshell-store.com/idsca...rd-scanner.htm This will provide use w/ the ability OCR the data and the card image and they have a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

cannot compile DelForEx3 !

Can anyone explain how to compile DelForEx project for my old Delphi3. The module MyIDEStream does not compile. because it reffers to the ToolsApi and OtaUtils modules which are absent from Delphi 3\Source\TOOLSAPI directory. I've tried to remove the units ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I know this isn't new, and it may not be of any interest, but some of my clients are a bit unsettled over password revealing apps like the one found at http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/astlog.html . So I thought I'd post a small ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 can not disable design packages

Disabling loading design packages does not work with or without a loaded project. The settings are lost every time the ide or project is loaded. Any ideas dave m...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 2007 can not compile a single project

Hi: I have Delphi 2007 installed in my computer several months ago. Today it just can't compile any project even just create a new single form application. The error message shows: [DCC Error]test1.dpr(5): F2051 Unit Forms was compiled with a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Have ProcessID, can I get the application name?

Is there a way I can find the application name for a process for which I only have the ProcessID regards Sven...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!