Have ProcessID, can I get the application name?

Is there a way I can find the application name for a process for which I only have the ProcessID regards Sven...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:57:26 AM Total Views:  308
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Do I always have to use try ... finally to clean up in case of exceptions ?

I would like to use exceptions in my program to spare me all the checkes for the return code from various functions each time I call them. And also to make bugs like Access Violation look like they are handled and not crash my app. The problem is exceptions handlers are at many stack frames (nested called functions) away from the raise point, and in case of an exception all the called functions would return without destroing and freeing class instances created. I think this would cause memory and resource leaks. Do I have to begin each of my functions and procedures with try ... finally to be able to work with exceptions in my program Do I need a nested try ... finally for every class instance I create to be sure it is destroyed Is there a way to have the destructors always called by the language, like when the constructor raises the exception I know, I am used with other environments, but I would like to know how things are in Delphi. Thank you, Timothy Madden
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

After embedding a form into another form i have focus problem on my first form controls!

Ahmadi wrote: > After embedding a form into another form i have focus problem on my > first form controls! > > For example if form2 have edit1, after running following lines edit1 > can not focused with left click!(but with right click it can !!!) : If you want to parent a form to some container you have to use Borderstyle bsNone for the form. This gets rid of the caption bar. For some unscrutable reason Windows does not like child windows (controls, windows with window style WS_CHILD) that have a caption bar. If you want to have a caption bar on your embedded forms you have to fake it. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

have chance to see Firebird DBX4 Driver in Delphi 2008 ?

Am Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:06:23 +0330 schrieb Maziar Navahan: > Hi > > i see i and over 900 other user requst in QC add codegear driver for > firebird 2.0 to delphi > > have anu chance to see it in d2008 Would like to have such a driver, too, so please add me to the list ;-) -- cu, Michael
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Field does not have a corresponding component.

The D2007 IDE two-way tools parser is driving me crazy. I have experienced this bug many times before but it has gone away when the code is recompiled. The IDE warns me that some property in my code is not in the form. But it's not a property at all, it's a function or procedure in this case. It's making me insane. Argh! W
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Re: BLS - Was CG revenues have dropped!

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:27:50 -0000, Jack Johnson wrote: > Chee Wee Chua (CodeGear) wrote: >> Jack Johnson wrote: >> >>> Does this mean you could reinstall BLS on a new/replacement machine as >>> long as the host name is the same as used in step 3 >> >> Yes. > > Oh, excellent! CG should really put this information someplace > prominent, like in all the product areas of the website - it could > completely remove activation as an issue! > > Now to wend my way through the winding sales channels to get my own copy > of BLS... Jack, Did you ever manage to find any success amid the "maze of twisty passages" which you would care to share I find it very strange that no-one else at CodeGear (even Jim Douglas) has ever mentioned this as a possible solution for the much-discussed "activation issue" - and the only person who did has since left CodeGear! -- Paul Scott Information Management Systems Macclesfield, UK.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Does a file have an extension

Apart from the obvious of checking for a . is there a way of seeing if a file has an extension Roy Lambert
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

How to make my mainform behave like the windows taskbar?

I want to dock my applications mainform to the windows desktop.. just like the windows-taskbar snaps to the bottom, left, right or top edge of the screen.. How can this be done Anybody any ideas.. A second feature would be an autohide function..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Random message: The window does not have scroll bars

My app has infrequently displayed the message "The window does not have scroll bars" for a long time. Now however it is happening more often. It happens during a tform.create. I've dealt with it in the places it initially showed up by code like this try frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); except application.processmessages; frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); end; This seems to work in the cases where it is used, but the problem apparently has shifted to unprotected areas. I've googled this and found references to faulty MS CreateIcon or CreateDBitmap methods. Are these references correct when they claim there are bugs in MS software that wrongle detect a shortage of memory when there really is enough I'm using Eurekalog to look for memory leaks. It isn't finding any of significance. Any thoughts & ideas greatly appreciated. Jeremy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 7th October 2012
View Replies!

D2007 have Quickreports?

Hi Everyone :-) I am about to upgrade to D2007 from D2006. Just curious to know if Quickreports is included in D2007. Is there any reason to switch to another product Is this Rave worth learning in order to redo 20 reports in an app
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Borland haven't got the message yet

Just received this email. ============================================= Free Borland/ CodeGear Seminar Date: Wednesday, 21 May 2008 Johannesburg Venue : Midrand Conference Centre Address : 661 Pendulum Road, Halfway House Ext 12, Midrand Agenda 08H30 09H00 Registration and Tea/Coffee on arrival 09H00 - 10H00 Introduction and Welcome CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Overview - New Language Features - DBX4 Architecture - Blackfish SQL Database Engine - ASP.NET 2.0 10H00 - 10H30 Break Tea/Coffee 10H30 12H00 Requirements Based Testing from Borland - Manage your Application Lifecycle - Embed your process on a powerful and easy to use Technology . Obtain visibility into your process . Manage and version your Business Requirements . Build quality into your Applications from the beginning . Use Automated Testing for complete code coverage and visibility into your testing and code readiness 12H00 13H00 Borlands ALM Solutions Caliber StarTeam Silk Test 13H00 Finish, Q & A / Lunch and Refreshments
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Does a file have an extension

Apart from the obvious of checking for a . is there a way of seeing if a file has an extension Roy Lambert
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Random message: The window does not have scroll bars

My app has infrequently displayed the message "The window does not have scroll bars" for a long time. Now however it is happening more often. It happens during a tform.create. I've dealt with it in the places it initially showed up by code like this try frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); except application.processmessages; frmFred := tfrmFred.create(nil); end; This seems to work in the cases where it is used, but the problem apparently has shifted to unprotected areas. I've googled this and found references to faulty MS CreateIcon or CreateDBitmap methods. Are these references correct when they claim there are bugs in MS software that wrongle detect a shortage of memory when there really is enough I'm using Eurekalog to look for memory leaks. It isn't finding any of significance. Any thoughts & ideas greatly appreciated. Jeremy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does DataUtils.WeekOfYear have an error?

I would like to know if DataUtils.WeekOfYear still has an error in versions later than D7. If you could run the (corrected) code below with a TButton and a TMemo and return the results here, along with the Delphi version used, I would appreciate it. If the error still exists, we can prepare a Quality Central report. Thank you, JohnH Here are the D7, Build 8.1 Results: DT yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn DoW WoY -6.50 1899-12-24 12:00 Sun 51 -5.00 1899-12-25 00:00 Mon 52 -5.50 1899-12-25 12:00 Mon 51 -4.00 1899-12-26 00:00 Tue 52 procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var DT: TDateTime; WoY: word; S, DoW: string; const DayAbbrs: array [1..7] of string[3] = ('Mon','Tue','Wed','Thr','Fri','Sat','Sun'); {sub}procedure DoTest(DT: TDateTime); var WoY: word; S, DoW: string; const DayAbbrs: array [1..7] of string[3] = ('Mon','Tue','Wed','Thr','Fri','Sat','Sun'); begin S := SysUtils.FormatDateTime('yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn',DT); DoW := DayAbbrs[DateUtils.DayOfTheWeek(DT)]; WoY := DateUtils.WeekOfTheYear(DT); Memo1.Lines.Add(Format(' %F %S %S %D',[DT,S,DoW,WoY])); end; begin Memo1.Lines.Add(' DT yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn DoW WoY'); DoTest(-6.5); DoTest(-5.0); DoTest(-5.5); DoTest(-4.0); end;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Strange error telling me a component cannot be registered

I've been getting an error lately I find very strange. The IDE will say, 'Component TSomeComponent can't be registered by package somepack.bpl because it has already been registered by somepack.bpl.' It cannot register the component because the registering package ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Business Card scanner with SDK support

Anyone have any experience with using a Business Card scanner to import data into a database We are currently looking at: http://www.scanshell-store.com/idsca...rd-scanner.htm This will provide use w/ the ability OCR the data and the card image and they have a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

cannot compile DelForEx3 !

Can anyone explain how to compile DelForEx project for my old Delphi3. The module MyIDEStream does not compile. because it reffers to the ToolsApi and OtaUtils modules which are absent from Delphi 3\Source\TOOLSAPI directory. I've tried to remove the units ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I know this isn't new, and it may not be of any interest, but some of my clients are a bit unsettled over password revealing apps like the one found at http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/astlog.html . So I thought I'd post a small ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 can not disable design packages

Disabling loading design packages does not work with or without a loaded project. The settings are lost every time the ide or project is loaded. Any ideas dave m...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 2007 can not compile a single project

Hi: I have Delphi 2007 installed in my computer several months ago. Today it just can't compile any project even just create a new single form application. The error message shows: [DCC Error]test1.dpr(5): F2051 Unit Forms was compiled with a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Does Anyone else have this problem?

Hi , I recently upgraded to Delphi 2007 for win32. Now when I am working in a project and excute the applictaion (F9), all of the component icon's names on the data module(s) disappear!. A real pain! This may happen ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!