Fail to load dll in Vista

I write a dll and an exe to call it with LoadLibrary. It runs normally
in any OS except Vista. In Vista, when it just runs LoadLibrary function,
the exe is hanged. Do you have any idea on it

Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 03:38:34 AM Total Views:  387
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Packages dont reload at start

D7Perso The IDE crashed, and now my packages wont reload automatically at start... If I look at Install/Packages, they all are unchecked... I check them..I qui.. Restart... Unchecked ! DH
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

virtual, overload and override

Is it impossible to override an overloaded method I tried : class(A) procedure Draw(_space:TComponent);overload; procedure Draw(_spaces:TList);overload; procedure Draw;overload; end; class(B:A) procedure Draw;override; end; --> Fails to compile ! class(B:A) procedure Draw;overload; end; --> B.Draw will not be called as it would when overriden; A.Draw is called ! I came to do : class(A) procedure DrawSpace(_space:TComponent);virtual; procedure DrawSpaces(_spaces:TList);virtual; procedure Draw;virtual; end; and class(B:A) procedure Draw;override; end; Now that works fine, but I feel some redundance between procedure names and parameters... What is the real use of overload DH
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Avoid loading resource DLL's

I have created some resource DLL's for my bpl's. But I don't want to load them when running the IDE, unfortunately the IDE loads them automatically with the bpl packages. How can I avoid this without changing my default windows locale I have tried changing the registry locale overrides, but it seems to have no effect... (RAD Studio 2007 SP1) --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)

Please help me to fix problem: Last days my D2007 (update 3, december update) cannot run any project from inside IDE (F9). I ALWAYS receive this errror: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) This happens under both delphi and BCB personality. This happens with all projects (including empty projects with one empty form). This happens with any project settings (debug and release). But all projects runs fine outside IDE (if I run it manually by clicking Project.exe). So, this problem happens ONLY if I run program from IDE. I was try to un-install D2007 and manually delete all RAD Studio related files and folders from Common Files, Documents and Settings, Application Data, etc - then re-install Delphi from beginning - not helps. Still receive this error with all projects. It's looks like Windows/registry problem but I can't locate and fix it... Please help.... --- With best regards, Max Terentiev. Business Software Products. AMS Development Team. support@bspdev.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Prevent COM object from loading

I'm creating a COM object in a Dll file and I'd like to create a trial version that is limited to 30 days use. For that, I'm planning to have the COM object write a date in the registry when it is first used and test for expiry of the trial period each time it is used. Because execution time is critical (the COM object are used for providing sorting mechanisms for large databases), I don't want to have to test for expiry of the trial period each time one of the function is called (even saving the test result in a variable and doing a simple "If FTrialHasExpired Then ..." at the start of each exposed function is too much execution time for me). I'd therefore like to test once for this expiry, when the COM object loads/instanciate and prevent it loading if necessary. My question: I have the following object that inherits the interface: TCoMyCOMObject = Class(TAutoObject, IMyCOMObject) If I overwrite its Create contructor (as depicted below), and if I raise an exception in that constructor (when the trial period has expired), will it prevent the COM object from being properly loaded/intanciated and its function used Constructor TCoMyCOMObject.Create; Begin Inherited; If Not CheckExpiryTrialPeriod Then Raise Exception.Create('The trial period has expired. Please, purchase the fully functional utility.'); End;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Date Comparison fails

with CodeGear Delphi 2007 for Win32 Version 11.0.2902.10471 I have following code , debug stops on if line and after jump to last line outside the block. No code inside block is executed. edate is TDatetime ( I tried also with TDate) LG_DtStr_1 is TDate if ((edate >= LG_DtStr_1) and (edate
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

CodeGear WWW Pages via Proxy do fail?

since about 2 month we do have problems to access the CodeGear webpages via our Proxy-Server. No other areas in the WWW is (as we notice) today a problem. For further details please see my raised issues: http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,8805.0.html http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/show_bug.cgiid=2342 has anybody noticed similar problems and if yes does have a workaround regards Gnther
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Design-time package very slow to load

, Has anyone ever build a design-time package that relies on many different runtime packages I have one here, and any time I recompile any of the comprising runtime packages (or the design time package) the IDE stops after the compilation completes, and appears to hang for over two minutes. Then it continues normally. File Monitor shows no disk activity during the hang. I have four other design-time packages, and they do not exhibit the same issue, but they rely on far fewer runtime packages: 1. A design-time package that relies on about 80-100 runtime packages: two minutes every time any comprising package is recompiled. 2. A design-time package that relies on about 30 runtime packages: one to five second delay every time any comprising package is recompiled.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem downloading from Codegear

I was wondering if anyone else could confirm this for me please. I'm trying to download Update 3 for RAD Studio 2007 from http://www.codegear.com/downloads/regusers/delphi When I click on the link, I get a "Server Error" - Unable to load file 'borland.bdn.cc'. Is anyone else having this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

CreateFileMapping failing

The following code is failing. GetLastError returns 5. Any idea what's going wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

StringReplace fail to replace chr(13) + chr(10) to chr(10) only (#$D#$A to #$D only)

CRLF := chr(13) + chr(10); //#$D#$A CR := chr(13) + ''; //#$D ALongDesc := trimRight(ALongDesc); stringReplace(AlongDesc, CRLF, CR, [rfReplace, rfIgnoreCase]); // after stringReplace, AlongDesc still contain chr(13) + chr(10), why //'#$D#$A' , "kei" wrote in message news:4805cb13@newsgroups.borland.com... > after stringReplace, AlongDesc still contain chr(13) + chr(10), why Because you are ignoring the String that StringReplace() returns. Your code needs to be more like this instead: ALongDesc := TrimRight(ALongDesc); ALongDesc := StringReplace(ALongDesc, CRLF, CR, [rfReplace, rfIgnoreCase]); Or: ALongDesc := StringReplace(TrimRight(ALongDesc), CRLF, CR, [rfReplace, rfIgnoreCase]); Gambit
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

No-brainer zipper + FTP uploader?

I need to let our customers send us their data, which usually consist of some files and some sub-directories. I haven't found a really simple Windows utility with just the following options: 1. Choose the soure directory + name the zip file 2. Zip the whole thing 3. Upload the zip file to an FTP with login/password hard-coded in the EXE Has someone already written such a utility and could share the code I have Delphi7 and Delphi2007.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Animation for web download

Anybody know how to access the windows animation where the paper flies from the globe to the computer for web downloads or is that strictly inside windows explorer If not does anyone know of any other (preferably free) versions of that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to prevent a package from being loaded?

OK, I have no idea why this isn't working, and it is getting *VERY* frustrating! In my Component/Packages list, I have a bunch of packages that I do NOT want Delphi to load. This is in Delphi 2007. There is a checkbox next to each package. I close all of my projects, and then I open Component/Install Packages and I uncheck the ones that I don't want loaded. Then I exit Delphi and restart. Upon restarting, all of the packages are checked again!! Why won't Delphi let me uncheck packages I can click the Remove button to get rid of them completely, but I don't really want to do that (these are parts of a 3rd party component set and will just reappear each time I update the component suite). I just don't understand why Delphi isn't saving the checked/unchecked status. Is this some known bug in Delphi 2007 or something
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how do i tell if a form is already loaded?

Hi , How can I check if a form is already loaded at runtime am using delphi 2007 win32 and my application is SDI Secondly, how can i iterate through all loaded forms (not displayed forms)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Mainform not loading by default in IDE

I have one application that I can't figure out what I've done to. With all my existing applications, whenever I load them into my IDE the mainform loads and displays by default. However, one of my applications when I load - it doesn't load anything into the IDE. (ie, it does load the project, but no forms load by default - nor the unit associated with it), and thus I have to go and select my mainform before it displays. I was wondering if anyone might know what's causing this (Delphi 2007)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

IcsDel100.bpl can not be loaded

Package IcsDel100.bpl cannot be loaded. How serious is this How can it be corrected other than un-installing and re-installing Delphi 2006 Michael
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

CodeGear WWW Pages via Proxy do fail?

since about 2 month we do have problems to access the CodeGear webpages via our Proxy-Server. No other areas in the WWW is (as we notice) today a problem. For further details please see my raised issues: http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,8805.0.html http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/show_bug.cgiid=2342 has anybody noticed similar problems and if yes does have a workaround regards Gnther
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem downloading from Codegear

I was wondering if anyone else could confirm this for me please. I'm trying to download Update 3 for RAD Studio 2007 from http://www.codegear.com/downloads/regusers/delphi When I click on the link, I get a "Server Error" - Unable to load file 'borland.bdn.cc'. Is anyone else having this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

No-brainer zipper + FTP uploader?

I need to let our customers send us their data, which usually consist of some files and some sub-directories. I haven't found a really simple Windows utility with just the following options: 1. Choose the soure directory + name the zip file 2. Zip the whole thing 3. Upload the zip file to an FTP with login/password hard-coded in the EXE Has someone already written such a utility and could share the code I have Delphi7 and Delphi2007.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!