Event conceptualization problem

I have a big hole in my Delphi/windows conceptualization and I'm requesting two types of help with it: 1. the specific language for the concepts that addresses the type of issue I'll describe so that I can find discussions that ...
Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 08:47:57 PM Total Views:  84
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How to modify a Click event on mouse?

I want the Shift + Click event be a different event than the plain Click. (note: the Click event is the right onclick event on the mouse). How ti do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

How to modify a Click event on mouse?

I want the Shift + Click event be a different event than the plain Click. (note: the Click event is the right onclick event on the mouse). How ti do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to add event handler to dynamic form

I am writing a "message dialog" component from scratch, and am creating the form and it's controls dynamically/programmatically. Everything is working so far, but now I find the need to add an event handler (OnShow). Minimal code sample below. Note I declare and create the form inside of a function. I need to learn how and where to add the event handler. I have spent some time on TamarackA, and tried some ideas, but none will compile (D7).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sound and move events going simultaneously

Code such as PlaySound(win.wav',0,SND_ASYNC); // a winner music 7 sec. RabbitRun(lg,cl); // rabbit runs across the screen about 7 sec. plays a music THEN makes the rabbit runs acrosss the screen How to have both the music and the move procedures going together
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

How to prevent a package from being loaded?

OK, I have no idea why this isn't working, and it is getting *VERY* frustrating! In my Component/Packages list, I have a bunch of packages that I do NOT want Delphi to load. This is in Delphi 2007. There is a checkbox next to each package. I close all of my projects, and then I open Component/Install Packages and I uncheck the ones that I don't want loaded. Then I exit Delphi and restart. Upon restarting, all of the packages are checked again!! Why won't Delphi let me uncheck packages I can click the Remove button to get rid of them completely, but I don't really want to do that (these are parts of a 3rd party component set and will just reappear each time I update the component suite). I just don't understand why Delphi isn't saving the checked/unchecked status. Is this some known bug in Delphi 2007 or something
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Prevent User Shutdown

I would like to prevent users from closing a program such that once running it will only close when Windows requests it to close down. Is there a simple way to determine the source of the close down request within a forms OnClose event
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Why are Build events not tied to the specific configuration name?

OK, one of the actually nice things about Delphi 2007 is the ability define different build configurations. Delphi comes with "Release" and "Debug" as default configurations. This is very nice. However, these new Build Events that some people seem to be excited about seem to be *global* and not tied to the build configuration. In my application, I want to create a new build configuration called "Final" which is similiar to Release except that I want it to run my Armadillo copy protection wrapper on the final EXE file. I do *not* want to run this when using the Debug configuration. Is there a way to do this Otherwise Build Events seem somewhat pointless to me...I can just stick with my existing BAT file that does my automatic build.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Activate a popup menu from the onclick event handler?

I have a control with a popup menu and my question is if it is possible to activate this popup menu when I click the control with the "main" button instead of or in addition to activating it with the "right" button (I have no need in this case for the onClick event for any other purpose) regards Sven
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

Need workaround for post-build event bug

If I put two lines into post-build events I expect them to be executed one after another. But that isn't what happens. Instead, it looks like the whole text of the list box is passed to the command processor as a single command, embedded CR/LFs and all, which then of course fails. Am I wrong to expect it to execute the events line-by-line instead of all at once I can put the lines in a batch file, of course, but that seems to defeat the object... -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Post-build events

If I put two lines into post-build events I expect them to be executed one after another. But that isn't what happens. Instead, it looks like the whole text of the list box is passed to the command processor as a single command, embedded CR/LFs and all, which then of course fails. Am I wrong to expect it to execute the events line-by-line instead of all at once I can put the lines in a batch file, of course, but that seems to defeat the object... -- Paul Keating The Hague
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Auto-Alphabetizing on new event

, I am migrating a large project from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007 and am a little annoyed at one of the new features. In our code set we have a very specific way of laying out PAS files: {create constructor} {destroy constructor} {private methods} {protected methods} {public methods} {delphi managed events} This has worked well for our company for the last 10 years. Now that we are moving to D2007, the editor wants to put all new events in alpha order. While this might have been cool back had we done this from the start, it really causes a big mess with our current code-set. Is there a way to keep the editor from automatically adding new events in alphabetical order and add them at the end like it use to
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why are Build events not tied to the specific configuration name?

OK, one of the actually nice things about Delphi 2007 is the ability define different build configurations. Delphi comes with "Release" and "Debug" as default configurations. This is very nice. However, these new Build Events that some people seem to be excited about seem to be *global* and not tied to the build configuration. In my application, I want to create a new build configuration called "Final" which is similiar to Release except that I want it to run my Armadillo copy protection wrapper on the final EXE file. I do *not* want to run this when using the Debug configuration. Is there a way to do this Otherwise Build Events seem somewhat pointless to me...I can just stick with my existing BAT file that does my automatic build.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Preventing a window recieving focus

Is there any way of making it so a StayOnTop form will not get the focus when clicked I also still need to detect a mouse down on the form. At the moment I just post a message to my main program to set the focus back in my FormClick but that is not 100% reliable. The window concerned has no boarder or any clickable controls. It simply displays a video. This only needs to work in WinXP. -- -Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Prevent IDE from maximizing?

, The D2007 Win32 (Update 3 installed) IDE maximizes if I run a program in it. How can this be prevented I can't find it in the options
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to prevent Delphi from intercepting VCL exceptions generated by component

Hi. I have written a COM DLL in C++Builder, using VCL components. A client who is using Delphi is having a problem with it. The relevant piece of code is: try { animProgress->ResHandle = (UINT)_Module.GetResourceInstance(); } catch(Exception &e) { animProgress->ResId ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

.NET remoting events

I'm starting development of a trading application in equities and Forex and I'm thinking of using .NET remoting. The structure would be something like this: A server for receiving quotes from exchanges and storing them in a database as ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

prevent my app minimized by show desktop button

, how can I prevent my app being minimized when the "Show Desktop" button of Quick Lanch is pressed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Assign text to an event

Group, I have the next question: Is it possible to assign a definition text procedure to an event For example: I have the variable: textVariable := 'executeItem()'; I want to use the content of the variable textVariable to assign ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Global On Mouse Enter / On Mouse Leave events

. I have many buttons (Tbutton) for which i want to show some text on a panel as the mouse enter the control and leave it, in this last case the text would be nil (nothing). Note: the text is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Q about coding click events

I've always wondered, when calling click events from code, what should I pass as the parameter to the click event That is: ControlClick() I'm looking at some code now where I put a combination of ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!