I have application made in Delphi 2007 on XP and on XP is working perfectly
but on vista it wont start I get the error message Project1.exe has stopped
working

what should I do

Posted On: Saturday 29th of September 2012 02:58:59 AM Total Views:  387
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how can i include version info with delphi exe while building with MSBUILD

I have able to set the version while building delphi executable by using the D2007 by enabling include version information in project. But i am using MSBUILD to build my .dpr in command prompt. I want to include the version info with MSBUILD
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

[Delphi 2007] How can i set that delphi start form # from 1(after starting a new VCL project)?

Ahmadi wrote: > After starting new VCL Form Project, my form and unit #(postfix number) is 5 > , sometime is 4! It uses the lowest number that's higher than any of the forms or units that are already in your project folder. > Its wonderful that if my first form # is 5 and i create new form its number > is 7 !!! > [Delphi 2007] How can i set that delphi start form # from 1(after starting a > new VCL project) Delete the other form or unit files from your default project folder. Better yet, give your forms and units meaningful names. The numbers don't tell you or anyone else what your forms or units are for. -- Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Run an application from remote PC

I got an exe on a server PC. I would like to run this exe by ShellExecute from my machine but the process finally to be run as local process. Can I or how can I run this exe on the server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Babelcode c# to delphi converter

Is this tool being improved upon or is ins beta stage only http://lingua.codegear.com/babelcode...belClient.aspx Venkatesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Calling C-dll from delphi

group, trying to translate a .h file for use within delphi. How do I translate typedef void (*GEOSMessageHandler)(const char *fmt, ...); void initGEOS(GEOSMessageHandler notice_function,GEOSMessageHandler error_function); into something useful for Delphi
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

configuring IIS in delphi

Hi I want to write an app in delphi that will configure IIS 5 or 6 as per certain requirements I need for another system. I need to be able to set permissions, enable ISAPI & CGI extentions etc etc can anyone push me in the right direction
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Apple, iPhone and application submissions.

Apropos the previous discussion about Apple being the only avenue via which people can submit applications; this is exactly the reason why Apple has to control things. http://www.flickr.com/photos/gruber/2635257578/ http://stevenscreek.com/iPhone/handyrandy.htm http://stevenscreek.com/iPhone/athletecalc.htm My eyes hurt just looking at the UI on these apps. This is what will happen, Windows Mobile and Palm developers bringing in their "skills" in UI and application design. Cheers, Diego
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

AV in Delphi 2007 compiled application

We have a enterprise suite developed back with Delphi 4. Last year we have converted our code to Delphi 2005 and everything it was ok. In last month we decided to move all code to Delphi 2007. Everything went well except one application which start crashing when exit from it. Everthing works except when Exit from application. AppName: dlydispatchconsole.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.1 ModName: borlndmm.dll ModVer: 4.76.0.177 Offset: 000049ad Exception EAccessViolation in module borlndm.dll at 000049AD. Access violation at address 00D249AD in module 'borlndmm.dll'. Write of address 004BC608. Same code compiled with Delphi 2005 does not raise the exception. Any ideas TIA, Costica Moldovanu
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

very fast regexp for delphi?

hi there, i have a problem with application i currently work, i create application that can read data (.dat) generated from GPS (my work only extract data not how GPS will write the data). there was a problem when data file corrupted, so i need to rescue readable data and fortunately the data itself have some specific pattern like this : 06275706129001S106521508E0158269010508T1 and the error would be like asawcier7amdap06281406128995S106520626E0207274010508T1 06281506128989S106520567E0209277010508T2 ..... my first attempt to solve this problem is bypass the line containing error data : readln(InputFile, Data); //treat the input as text file if Data[1] in [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9] then //or something like this, forgot writeln(OutputFile, data); //treat the output as text file it works fast (approx 1-2 minutes), but then i realize, if i use this method i'll lose 1 data every 12 seconds, 5 data every 1 minutes and so on... so my second attempt is to grab error data using regexp, since it still readable and not scrabled, but i worried much about the processing time, do it really fast (i need to process approx 2 million data) i use component from http://regexpstudio.com/ maybe the algo will be like this : (read data in input file ->) regexp and found match pattern -> write data into output file
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Detecting Windows applications closing event.

Ahmadi wrote: > Hi > Im writing a madule to make a report such as bellow (I want detect > close/and open event of win32 applications, one of my solution is > that i check in-memory applications at one small period(but its slow > and a bad way because make the user cpu busy, also don't detect small > in/out application running) i think maybe anyone know a better and > faster method, for example anyway that windows call my > routing/procedure after that it want open or close an application: The OS does not offer such a mechanism. The closest you can get is a shell hook (SetWindowsHookEx, type WH_SHELL) but hooks are generally things one should avoid (badly written hooks can crash Windows) and it would only work for applications that have a window. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com , Ahmadi wrote: > The problem solved, if anyone have the same problem (my hook > problem), you must define callback function in share code segment or > define it in a DLL as export function, then loadLibrary(yourDll) and > then retrieve your ProcAdress(yourFunctionName) then pass the address > to setWindowHookEx, it will work fine. Search for thunk technique, is a trick for APIs callback, it can offer access to your current instance stuffs and can keep the code running on your system scope. -- []'s Gilberto Saraiva http://gsaraiva.projects.pro.br/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

python for delphi

Latest version works with python 2.3, anyone knows if the project is still alive
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

Unexplaned Errors in Event log from my service application

I happened to look at my event log today and noticed quite a few Errors in my Application log referring to my application. Funny thing is they refer to ID 0 and I don't have any LogMessage() calls where the event ID is 0. Is the service putting these in there automatically because of something that is happening How can I catch these so I can figure out the source of the errors Here is what the Event log is saying: The description for Event ID 0 from source CommSrvrSrvc.exe cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000 I'm not very familiar with services and any help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Good design application

I would like to ask some basic questions. I want to dynamically create forms at runtime, is it posible to have statement like Create('Form1'); 1. Passing parameter as string. 2. No need to add to use clause at design time. Please give me some suggestion.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Web application tool: Undecided

I had wanted to write some Web apps, using PHP or ASP.NET. However, with the release of Delphi for PHP, I am a little bit confused. My question is: Has anyone used the new release of Delphi for PHP, using Ajax components in it If so, please advise. I did purchase Delphi for PHP, when it was first released, but I never even tried to use. Now that I have a compelling reason to look into writing Web application, I want to decide on the tools to use. As for the future of CodeGear, I think the the tool will survive in the hand of Embarcadero.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

2007 vista aeroglass support? something missing...

, Ok... I played with doing some glass forms over the weekend and while its easy to extend glass beyond the border of a frame.. what good is it... if you place buttons, labels, etc on the form they dont draw correctly. Searching the internet for solutions i read that it has something to do with delphi not using gdi+ or having support for WPF for drawing on the forms correctly. Will D2008 correct this or am i missing something obvious.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

delphi 5 and findfirst function

I am still happy with Delphi 5 and Windows XP +SP2 Home edition. But I cannot decode the file attribute in my searchrecord. I am using the FindFirst function with srec as the searchrecord. Now when I inspect the found files I find srec.attr to hold an integer with value 8224. The attributeconstants faReadOnly,faHidden,faSysFile etc does not give me such a great number even if I 'or' them all in an integer. Can you explain how to find out how to decode this attr-field
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Using mainform of MDI application

, I want to make a new MDI application (Win32). The MDI Childs are no problem and wanted for additional information etc. The main form (fsMDIForm) I want to use to show e.g. the tasks of today or a timeschedule.... Can anyone help me how to do this without the components laying on top of the MDIChild forms
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

detect application is idle

, How I can detect if application is idle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Posting rights in borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using

Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject '"Richedit line insertion error"', Account: 'newsgroups.codegear.com', Server: 'newsgroups.codegear.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '480 you do not have posting access to {borland.public.delphi.vcl.components.using}', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 480, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 What is the problem here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

delphi 2006 Recent Project List

List, I am trying to change the welcome page on my Delphi 2006 to show more than 5 recent projects. Can anyone point me in the right direction Google only turns up the Jedi Reopener Wizard for D7 and below. Many thanks, - Jon Grewer -- ________ Pastor Bob preached that, "We should wear no clothes to distinguish ourselves from our Christian brethren." He shouldn't be our pastor since he believes in nudity. Besides, I don't want to be that different from our Christian brethren.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!