Debugger problem in Delphi 2007

Howdy! I have a project that has been growing at a slow pace for several years, since many Delphi versions back. Migrating it to a trial version of Delphi 2007 caused me problems and I wonder if it's my fault ...
Posted On: Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:13:20 PM Total Views:  202
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Recommendations: Graphical debugger that supports symbols?

i'm looking for a graphical debugger that supports MS symbols/symbol server 1. Delphi. Graphical, no symbols 2. WinDbg. Symbols, non-graphical 3. OllyDbg. Graphical, no symbols 4. Visual Studio. Graphical, symbols(), just can't make it work Any other suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Preventing debugger to halt on special exceptions

, This has been a long time problem and I never found a solution, so finally decided I should ask. I want to write a function that does some calculations and returns false if some part fails, for example when I get an overflow or an invalid floating point as a result. Example: function TrySomething: Boolean; begin Result := True; try DoSomethingThatMightRaiseFloatingPointException; except Result := False; end; end; Now it is pretty common that TrySomething returns false which is ok and expected. The user will never see the exception, but when debugging I get frequent floating point exceptions which is pretty annoying. I could tell the debugger not to halt on floating point exceptions, but I do not want to generally deactivate them, since when calling other functions than TrySomething they should be raised as usual. Any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Force debugger to step INTO a unit?

Hi Having had probs with a few units/components recently, I'm wondering how I can force the debugger to trace into a unit that it would normally jump over I've tried having the unit open, setting breakpoints etc but all to no avail. How can I get it to trace into these units
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

debugger in windows XP

Hi. I'm using Delphi5 with WinXP and the debugger dont' work. Do you have experience about this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

debugger in windows XP

Hi. I'm using Delphi5 with WinXP and the debugger dont' work. Do you have experience about this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Lost my debugger exception handling

I'm not sure how, but my BDS 2006 debugger has lost the ability to catch exceptions. It used to be if I called something and that raised an exceptions, such as a database exception, the IDE would pop up and tell me that the exception was raised and I could continue or break. That doesn't happen any more. I thought maybe it was because I enabled the Internet Explorer debugger, but I disabled that again and even hunted down the registry entry and made sure it pointed to the BDS debugger. Anyone can make it so my exceptions stick in the debugger again
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

TObjectlist outside procedure problem

Hi all, I've to share a TObjectlist in the complete form so I tried to declare successively it in the private, public and even outside the form declaration, but every time I declare it, when I leave the form, the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

BDS2006 Delphi debugger stops in strange place...

I have an application that I wrote more than a year ago, which I have to modify now. I used BDS2006 at the time and that is what I use now too. My problem is that I have a timer ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Printing problem

, as I'm still doing some printer programming I've run into a problem on the target hardware today: - my dev. machine is Windows XP/2000 - targed PC is Windows 98 - BDS2006 used I have a text only printer ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem with icon on alt-tab

, I overrided a secondary form to display a window on the taskbar procedure TForm2.CreateParams(Var params: TCreateParams); begin inherited CreateParams( params ); params.ExStyle := params.ExStyle or WS_EX_APPWINDOW; params.WndParent := GetDesktopwindow; end; also, I loaded an icon that contains 16x16, 24x24, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Runonce Registry problem

I am having a problem compiling a small uninstall program with the followingmethod: ========== procedure TdmMain.SetupRunOnce; begin FReg.RootKey:=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; // Section to look for within theregistry FReg.OpenKey('SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce',True); FReg.WriteString('V Uninstall','Fred'); // FReg.CloseKey; end; =============== FReg is of Type TRegistry. The method is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BDS 2006 - strange problem...

Since couple of days I'm using BDS 2006 and strange thing happens during form edition. Let say that I have a form with panel on it. I'm selecting this panel and drag a label onto this panel. label become child ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: [EQ] Always on top problem (fsStayOnTop)!

Thanks but for my forms what must i do i want show form2 over form1 that now is visible. form2 have alwaysontop property: button click{ form2.show; } Sometimes if i click on form1 then form2 will be hide (move under ..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is it me or is it D2006 - problem with nested end else's

If I comment out the "else ProcessEndOfWord"'s this procedure compiles, with them in I get [Pascal Error] Unit1.pas(82): E2029 'END' expected but 'ELSE' found. I've rewritten the procedure in a better way anyway but this is baffling me. procedure CheckForWebStuff; ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: System tray problems

"Lorne" wrote in message news:474d8a2c@newsgroups.borland.com... > I want the menu to stay visible whilst the mouse is over the > icon or on the menu but to disappear if the mouse is moved > away without clicking anything. That ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Event problem traced to MessageDlg - need suggestions

w/D7 I have been trying to understand various event processes in an app of mine that displays text in a pagecontrol form. (The text is loaded from a Firefox db). Before a new page is loaded from either a dblclicked ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Rounding problem doubles: 79.7 50.3 + 29.4

It appears that if I make q 79.7, r 50.3 and s 29.4 by reading from a string and using the function StrToFloat then q-(r+s) does not equal 0.0 but some very low number like 1E-15. What can I do, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ChecklistBox problems

I can't figure this out. I'm using a checklistbox with the style set as lVirtualOwnerDraw, everything is working as expected, except I can't figure out how to tell it that an item is checked or not. It keeps using the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Loading source problem

Hi people, I hope I am using the correct Group for this. I am getting an error when loading application source. From memory the error message is along the lines of... "Cannot load package c:\....\borland\delphi\bin\dclite50.bpl as it contains zlib which ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

TForm.Create-problems I

I have a TForm whichs property will be set by the caller. This form shall "ShowModal" other forms, which names will only be known at runtime. But know I dont know, how to do this with a Property: Normally I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!