debugger gets out of step with source code

Hi gang! I'm a Delphi newbie, and I've just encountered a frustrating phenomenon that I remember being an occasional issue with Microsoft Fortran PowerStation 1.0 (no dinosaur cracks, please). While stepping through code after a breakpoint, I noticed that the ...
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:57:48 AM Total Views:  348
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Making sure MainForm gets closed last?

Dear Group, I've run into the following problem: I'd like to store the state of different listviews (columns shown, width of columns, etc.) in my program. I'd like to store the data in the database, so if the user logs-on from another computer the similar state is shown. Currently, all listviews store their own data upon FormDestroy event in a separate .ini file. The .ini file would be put into a database blob, but here comes the problem: MainForm, which would be responsible for storing data in the DB, gets closed before its child forms. Now my question is: If I make Application the owner of the current child forms of MainForm, will all these forms be closed before the MainForm Is there a rule for the order in which Application own forms are closed If all Forms are own by the Application object, and MainForm is the first form created, will MainForm be the last form that gets closed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

Recommendations: Graphical debugger that supports symbols?

i'm looking for a graphical debugger that supports MS symbols/symbol server 1. Delphi. Graphical, no symbols 2. WinDbg. Symbols, non-graphical 3. OllyDbg. Graphical, no symbols 4. Visual Studio. Graphical, symbols(), just can't make it work Any other suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Preventing debugger to halt on special exceptions

, This has been a long time problem and I never found a solution, so finally decided I should ask. I want to write a function that does some calculations and returns false if some part fails, for example when I get an overflow or an invalid floating point as a result. Example: function TrySomething: Boolean; begin Result := True; try DoSomethingThatMightRaiseFloatingPointException; except Result := False; end; end; Now it is pretty common that TrySomething returns false which is ok and expected. The user will never see the exception, but when debugging I get frequent floating point exceptions which is pretty annoying. I could tell the debugger not to halt on floating point exceptions, but I do not want to generally deactivate them, since when calling other functions than TrySomething they should be raised as usual. Any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Checking on wxWidgets

I was checking on wxWidgets for the development of cross-platform applications and came across TwinForms (http://www.twinforms.com/). Has anyone tried it They list CodeGear as one of their partners (together with wxWidgets). Alan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Problem building via the command line - Borland.Delphi.Targets file (for MSBuild) doesn't exist

I hope this is the right group - this is a command line issue, not a IDE one, but it seems the closest since it's the equivalent of an in-IDE action I've just installed RAD Studio 2007 (and it's great!) - everything works smoothly so far. My projects build, third-party components installed, all is looking good. What I'm trying to do now is the final step, getting a command line build script working. When I try to build via the command line, with a command like so: msbuild MyProj.dproj /t:Clean I get an error saying: C:\projects\MyProj.dproj(75,11): error MSB4019 : The imported project "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Borland. Delphi.Targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. Sure enough when I look in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727, the file doesn't exist. Nor can I find itelsewhere on the computer. The same thing happens for C++ projects, only looking for Borland.Cpp.Targets. That folder does have Microsoft .targets files, just no Borland ones. I am running using the provided Codegear command line that sets its environment variables. I have all updates and hotfixes applied, right up to the ilink patch that appeared the other day. I'm running Vista64, and running with or without admin privileges makes no difference (not surprising, since the files don't exist, but one old QC report similar to this was a privileges issue.) I even tried looking on the installation DVD to find the files in one of the zipped installation files, but I don't know which one has it, and lots have a password so I can't get in anyway. So, um... any help will be greatly appreciated! Cheers, David
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Force debugger to step INTO a unit?

Hi Having had probs with a few units/components recently, I'm wondering how I can force the debugger to trace into a unit that it would normally jump over I've tried having the unit open, setting breakpoints etc but all to no avail. How can I get it to trace into these units
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

debugger in windows XP

Hi. I'm using Delphi5 with WinXP and the debugger dont' work. Do you have experience about this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

debugger in windows XP

Hi. I'm using Delphi5 with WinXP and the debugger dont' work. Do you have experience about this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Lost my debugger exception handling

I'm not sure how, but my BDS 2006 debugger has lost the ability to catch exceptions. It used to be if I called something and that raised an exceptions, such as a database exception, the IDE would pop up and tell me that the exception was raised and I could continue or break. That doesn't happen any more. I thought maybe it was because I enabled the Internet Explorer debugger, but I disabled that again and even hunted down the registry entry and made sure it pointed to the BDS debugger. Anyone can make it so my exceptions stick in the debugger again
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Making sure MainForm gets closed last?

Dear Group, I've run into the following problem: I'd like to store the state of different listviews (columns shown, width of columns, etc.) in my program. I'd like to store the data in the database, so if the user logs-on from another computer the similar state is shown. Currently, all listviews store their own data upon FormDestroy event in a separate .ini file. The .ini file would be put into a database blob, but here comes the problem: MainForm, which would be responsible for storing data in the DB, gets closed before its child forms. Now my question is: If I make Application the owner of the current child forms of MainForm, will all these forms be closed before the MainForm Is there a rule for the order in which Application own forms are closed If all Forms are own by the Application object, and MainForm is the first form created, will MainForm be the last form that gets closed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BDS2006 Delphi debugger stops in strange place...

I have an application that I wrote more than a year ago, which I have to modify now. I used BDS2006 at the time and that is what I use now too. My problem is that I have a timer ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Q about coding click events

I've always wondered, when calling click events from code, what should I pass as the parameter to the click event That is: ControlClick() I'm looking at some code now where I put a combination of ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Alphanumeric sort routine in delphi

Hi ! I need a good alphanumerical sorting routine written in delphi. Normally, WideCompareStr will arrange strings like this: text1 text12 text123 text2 text3 Instead of that, I need to arrange my strings this way: text1 text2 text3 text12 text123 ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Running the debugger with lower priority

Is there a way to run the application in the Debugger with lower process priority A while loop somewhere chokes my system completely Delphi 2006 Explorer.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Command line build questions : MSBUILD console output is either wickedlyverbose (compiling delphi .dprojs) or completely off.

The output when building a project (.dproj) from MSBUILD contains a very long path: Target CoreCompile: C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\dcc32.exe -B -I"C:\Progr s\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib";"C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\ /[[...... twenty more lines just like this snipped..... ]] / Can I make that output ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

sending output to stdout in a NON console app

I have a win32 app (NOT a console app). I want to be able to send output to the cmd window if the exe is launched with certain CL parameters. Is this possible TIA...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Question about UI updates from another thread

I was looking for an (more effective than TThread.Synchronize) approach to call methods on the main (UI) thread and came up with the implementation below. Does somebody know if passing pointers with SendNotifyMessage is safe MSDN says no, but ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Create a new e-mail in Outlook Express with attachments (without sending it)

Hi ! I ran into the following problem: My program should be able to take a file (or some files), create a new e-mail in Outlook express, then attach the file to the e-mail - but without sending it, since ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

rlink32 out of memory

Hi Using D7e Get rlink32 error Out of memory! when including version info No error when uncheck include version info. Any ideas why Regds q...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

dual packages, output directories, and frustration

Hi Experts, I have my own Delphi/Win32 package created in RAD Studio 2007. Since I'd like to be able to use the same package from within the C++ Builder 2007, I have checked the option in the IDE to generate ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!