D2007 compiler messages window does not remember state.

Dennis Cote wrote: > I'm still using BDS 2006 and I wish it worked as you say D2007 does. > > I often have several search result tabs displayed in the Messages > window. If I compile a unit after ...
Posted On: Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:48:33 PM Total Views:  88
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

d2007 & runtime error 255

I have an app that runs on a flash drive and one of the functions is to make a clone of itself to a new flash drive. that works fine. At the end I tell the user to put back the original flash drive or continue working on the new one. When the dialog completes, if they leave the copied flash drive in place the program seems to work but doesn't. A separate empty window opens with the programs name but no content and it does nothing. I decided to restart the program at the end. My first approach was to to a postquitmessage followed by a shellexecute. That actually worked but after the program restarted, the cursor remains an hourglass for a bit and then a "This program performed blah..blah..blah" message popped up and when you close it I get a dialog box with Runtime error 255 at 0042021C. When I looked at the technical details it said "inpage error at ...". Nothing on Google for error code 255 seems relevant. I googled "restart Program" and found nearly the exact same thing I was doing except it was shellexecute first and then appliation terminate. I changed to that and it still fails exactly the same way -- every time. I tried this on vista and I get no such error messages. Note when I accept shutting down the program, the new instance works just fine so the error must be coming from the old instance. I'm just about ready to make a batch file to restart the program. Anyone have a better idea or know what the 255 error relates to Mostly I'm working in xp-pro on a ms vm on a vista business machine so I can't actually test the program there. I use a separate machine with xp-pro to test but the error also happens on XP-Home. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

d2007 help again

I love Delphi and have been using it since D2. I'm am becomming so angry with the help system. I do ONLY win32 development in pascal/delphi. I want to turn off Visual Basic, J++, C++, JScript, ..net, .net compact framework, and actually except for specific projects, blackfish Sql, dinkumware, indy, intraweb and rave reports. I don't want to just turn on Language Delphi or Platform SDK or Rad Studio or Rad Studio for Win32 Platform. What the hell! If I know which area the help was in, I most likely wouldn't even need the help. I see improvement in the help content -- when I can actually find what I'm looking for but the index and filtering system totally sucks--as well as the full 30 second delay the first time you invoke help or when you set a filter. Why not provide a simple check box for each of the filters that would let us UNCHECK the content that has no bearing on what we're doing and then make it stick until we change it. Even when I filter for Laguage Delphi, C++ articles still show up in the results I find. Anybody know if there is there a way, maybe in the registry, to turn off the elements that are of no relevance to the task at hand I find myself using the old d7 help most of the time and that's fine except it's a bit dated esepcailly on some things. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Code templates d2007

I saved the delphi feeds article "Code Template - Property with Getter & Setter" from June 30th, and saved the file in the c:\documents\radstudio etc. pasting the link from the article into the explorer navigation bar to be sure I got it right. Then I started d2007 and tried it and it doesn't show up. I looked in help under code templates and saw this at the end: To add a template: Choose ToolsOptionsEditor Options. Click the Source Options tab and then the Edit Code Templates button. In the Templates section, click Add. Type a name for the template after Shortcut name, enter a brief description of the new template, and click OK. Add the template code to the Code text box. Click OK. Only problem is I don't see an "Edit Code Templates" button anywhere in the tools|Options page. I don't have a lot of time to play with this but thought this template was interesting. As I recall, last time I played with these was with d2005 and then I believe the only way I could get them to work was to save them in the borland program files code templates folder. Obviously I'm missing something here. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

How can I do to remove the Delphi compiler message "Return value of function 'MyFunction' might be undefined" ?

Before to modify my "old" delphi code, I would like to know if there is a different way to remove the Delphi compiler message "Return value of function 'MyFunction' might be undefined". For example, here is some code that generates this warning message : .... type TrvSampleType = (stTwo, stThree); ..... function GetSampleType(AValue: Integer):TrvSampleType; begin if (AValue Mod 2 = 0) then Result := stTwo else if (AValue Mod 3 = 0) then Result := stThree; end; What I should write is something like that : type TrvSampleType = (stNone, stTwo, stThree); ..... function GetSampleType(AValue: Integer):TrvSampleType; begin if (AValue Mod 2 = 0) then Result := stTwo else if (AValue Mod 3 = 0) then Result := stThree else Result := stNone; end; But in fact, I don't want to add a new sample type value like a stNone, so how can I assign a "null" value to the Result var to avoid the warning Delphi message Thank you for your help. Laurent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

d2007 and packages

Hi all, I've recently started heavily using d2007 and decided to upgrade an application from d7 to d2007. The program makes exclusive use of RT Packages and in d7 I've had very few package related problems. I can't say the same for d2007. Are there any known IDE/Compiler problems with using packages under d2007 Here is a short list I've found just from my own experiences over the last couple of days: - IDE gets very confused when dealing with multiple packages. I've coverted a number of d7 packages for this application to d2007 and the new dproj files contain references to other packages that I'm not even working on at the moment. - design time packages have problems with .dcr files being listed in them. they constantly want to try and remove the file references, even though the .pas files are not listed in the package. - the d2007 compiler seems to barf alot with Internal compiler errors when trying to build applications, or even packages, with no reference as to what file could be causing the issue. Yet d7 has no problems with the exact same code base!! Am I in the minority with trying to use delphi to build applications using RT packages Any suggestions on how I can possibly track down and fix my package problems Ryan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Font.color don't change on d2007/vista

What's happening is very strange. On my Delphi 2007 enterprise registered version (updated to the last) installed on Vista Business sp1 I can't change the font color of many standard vcls like TRadioGroup, TCheckBox and others. Anyone who have experienced something like this Suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RAD Studio 2007: compiler error

all, I stepped from BDS2006 to RAD Studio 2007. My projects are VCL.NET. In RAD Studio I very often (!) get the compiler error: [DCC Error] F2084 internal error: ILLK17428 What can I do Please help! Another thing is: The mainform has a TPageControl with several TTabSheets. After compiling the TTabSheet changes. regards Reinhard
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Option "Use debug Dcu's" causes compiler error

Hi all, When I check the option "Use debug DCU's" in D7 Ent I get a compiler error saying "[Fatal error] Variants.pas (1024): Program or unit 'Variants' recursively uses itself" The compiler stops at the last line in the source unit Vairants (see code far below). If I uncomment the code in "procedure VarCopyByRef" then the cursor stops way down at line 2809 instead. Why is it doing like this This means I can't debug using Dcu's (well, you already guessed that...).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

importing flash activex into d2007

Did you create a new package In D2007 you need to install the package (and can't just import the ActiveX). Basically: - File->New->Package - import the ActiveX and make sure you select option to add control to package - you can then right-click on package in Project Manager and select Install Raul "Dwight Crevelt" wrote in message news:4846e20f$1@newsgroups.borland.com... >I have tried importing the Shockwave flash activex into D2007 on Win XP > > The wizard runs and creates shockwaveflashobjects_tlb.pas and .dcr > > However it ends with the code for the file in the editor and nothing is > placed in the tool palate > > I have many D7 apps that use this activex and MUST get it into D2007's IDE > > -- > Dwight > >
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

compiler search

Report No: 61116 (RAID: unavailable) Status: Open DCC32 probes library path over and over again to find files - slow! http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspxd=61116 This really needs votes, but I'm all out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

strange compiler error

, after compiling (a VCL.NET application, RAD Studio 2007) I frequently get the error: [DCC Fehler] F2084 Interner Fehler: AV06F73C6E-R00000B67-0 What's that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

d2007 Special HTML project page?

Somewhere in the help documentation I read about an apparently new feature of delphi d2007 that would allow you to make an html page about your project and the ide would load it (iirc) when you open a project (as a base page). As I understood it you could make html comments/plans/todo items, etc. about the project. I have searched for an hour for this again unsuccessfully. Anyone know where to look specifically I don't remember exactly what the feature was called. I just recently made my first html page in the ide as a change log. I had always used frontpage for that and for help but this is pretty decent for a simple html editor. I'm quite impressed. I can see a few common operations that are missing (like joining cells in a table) and document/paragraph/item level property editing to name just a few). I'm wondering if anyone has written any ide extensions that enhance this ability. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

d2007 build options not showing on some projects

This is probably something stupid but I can't see what's causing this. some of my projects do not show the build options in the Project-Options dialog. It's not greyed out, it just doesn't show. I thought I saw this a month or so ago but then it seemed to go away then. Anybody know what I'm missing here --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

d2007 and packages

Hi all, I've recently started heavily using d2007 and decided to upgrade an application from d7 to d2007. The program makes exclusive use of RT Packages and in d7 I've had very few package related problems. I can't say the same for d2007. Are there any known IDE/Compiler problems with using packages under d2007 Here is a short list I've found just from my own experiences over the last couple of days: - IDE gets very confused when dealing with multiple packages. I've coverted a number of d7 packages for this application to d2007 and the new dproj files contain references to other packages that I'm not even working on at the moment. - design time packages have problems with .dcr files being listed in them. they constantly want to try and remove the file references, even though the .pas files are not listed in the package. - the d2007 compiler seems to barf alot with Internal compiler errors when trying to build applications, or even packages, with no reference as to what file could be causing the issue. Yet d7 has no problems with the exact same code base!! Am I in the minority with trying to use delphi to build applications using RT packages Any suggestions on how I can possibly track down and fix my package problems Ryan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

strange compiler error

, after compiling (a VCL.NET application, RAD Studio 2007) I frequently get the error: [DCC Fehler] F2084 Interner Fehler: AV06F73C6E-R00000B67-0 What's that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

d2007 Special HTML project page?

Somewhere in the help documentation I read about an apparently new feature of delphi d2007 that would allow you to make an html page about your project and the ide would load it (iirc) when you open a project (as a base page). As I understood it you could make html comments/plans/todo items, etc. about the project. I have searched for an hour for this again unsuccessfully. Anyone know where to look specifically I don't remember exactly what the feature was called. I just recently made my first html page in the ide as a change log. I had always used frontpage for that and for help but this is pretty decent for a simple html editor. I'm quite impressed. I can see a few common operations that are missing (like joining cells in a table) and document/paragraph/item level property editing to name just a few). I'm wondering if anyone has written any ide extensions that enhance this ability. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is BDS 2006 Enterprise full featured C# compiler?

, I have BDS2006 Enterprise and a potential customer who want's a webapplication in C#. So I wander if there are traps when I use BDS2006 for this. I did make Win32 and ASPNet applications with it and for once tried to open a C# project and the latter failed on some files. Is it safe to start a web development in C# with a SQL-Server database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

importing flash activex into d2007

Did you create a new package In D2007 you need to install the package (and can't just import the ActiveX). Basically: - File->New->Package - import the ActiveX and make sure you select option to add control to package - you can then right-click on package in Project Manager and select Install Raul "Dwight Crevelt" wrote in message news:4846e20f$1@newsgroups.borland.com... >I have tried importing the Shockwave flash activex into D2007 on Win XP > > The wizard runs and creates shockwaveflashobjects_tlb.pas and .dcr > > However it ends with the code for the file in the editor and nothing is > placed in the tool palate > > I have many D7 apps that use this activex and MUST get it into D2007's IDE > > -- > Dwight > >
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using TApplication in DLL compiled with different compiler version

We have a common customization library (intro forms, etc.) which we use for different executables. The Application value is sent to the DLL so that the created forms in that DLL use the same Application instance. Until recently we ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Re: fsStayOnTop changed in Rad2007?

Chris wrote: > > Any other suggestions Yes, simply do not use fsStayOnTop, use PopupParent instead. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire ( http://slash7.com/pages/vampires ), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!