Compile fails: Unable to rename xxx.~pas

> Seen exactly the same here. A pity, as I would really like to have my
> .PAS files indexed. I just stop Copernic, finish Delphi, and restart
> Copernic.
>
> Have you reported the problem I feel someone should.

Never seen the point of indexers - a full text search of files
on my c: drive doesn't take that long

Cheers,

Chris

, Chris Morgan wrote:
>> Seen exactly the same here. A pity, as I would really like to have my
>> .PAS files indexed. I just stop Copernic, finish Delphi, and restart
>> Copernic.
>>
>> Have you reported the problem I feel someone should.
>
> Never seen the point of indexers - a full text search of files
> on my c: drive doesn't take that long

Does it give you the results before you're even finished typing the word
you want to search for Google Desktop Search does.

--
Rob
"Rob Kennedy" wrote in message
news:475875dc@newsgroups.borland.com...
> Chris Morgan wrote:
>>> Seen exactly the same here. A pity, as I would really like to have my
>>> .PAS files indexed. I just stop Copernic, finish Delphi, and restart
>>> Copernic.
>>>
>>> Have you reported the problem I feel someone should.
>>
>> Never seen the point of indexers - a full text search of files
>> on my c: drive doesn't take that long
>
> Does it give you the results before you're even finished typing the word
> you want to search for Google Desktop Search does.

But thats google not coppernic. Besides, indexing basically boils down to a
list of files which is continually monitored for changes to files, filenames
etc. It isn't really fiar to call it a true search like the windows search
feature which does it live in real time.

>> Never seen the point of indexers - a full text search of files
>> on my c: drive doesn't take that long
>
> Does it give you the results before you're even finished typing the word
> you want to search for Google Desktop Search does.
>

Why do I need that I'd rather wait 30 secs when I need to search for
something, rather than have the constant overhead of an unecessary
file monitor running all the time.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 03:39:52 AM Total Views:  141
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Initialization section with circular references is not correctlyhandled by the compiler!

all! I just encountered a possible bug in the delphi compiler and circular references. I often use a scheme like this: unit test; interface procedure AddClassToList(cl : TClass); implementation var fList : TClassList; procedure AddClassToList(cl : TClass); begin if not Assigned(fList) then fList := TClassList.Create; fList.Add(cl); end; initialization fList := nil; finalization fList.Free; end. So far so good. The problem is that if one includes a unit within this unit and call the AddClassToList procedure in it's initialization procedure the list is created as expected BUT afterwards the initialization section of the test unit is executed, so the fList variable gets nil assigned! I know I should have been a bit more carefully but I think the compiler should at least throw a warning for circular reference or that a function is called before the initialization of this unit is executed. What do you think kind regards Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

D2007: AV when compile & run using BPLs

I am getting an AV when I compile and run with BPLs. (with BPLs, my app compiles so much faster--it's 27 megs without BPLs, 10 with). The AV is: --------------------------- Debugger Fault Notification --------------------------- Project C:\trak\trak.exe faulted with message: 'access violation at 0x7c937a50: write of address 0x00040f74'. Process Stopped. Use Step or Run to continue. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Am I correct to lok for modules loaded at the $7c937a50 adress If so, the closes items are: I see the list of the DLLs & BPLS that are loaded--the only thing close to the address is ntdll.dll and Shell32.dll: Module Load: ntdll.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $7C900000. Process trak.exe (5848) Module Load: SHELL32.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $7C9C0000. Process trak.exe (5848) So it would seem that the AV occurs in the ntdll.dll, correct Which doesn't really tell me much. My only guess for moving this forward would be to remove BPLs from the list until the AV is gone, then examine that BPL. Or is there a better method
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

AV in Delphi 2007 compiled application

We have a enterprise suite developed back with Delphi 4. Last year we have converted our code to Delphi 2005 and everything it was ok. In last month we decided to move all code to Delphi 2007. Everything went well except one application which start crashing when exit from it. Everthing works except when Exit from application. AppName: dlydispatchconsole.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.1 ModName: borlndmm.dll ModVer: 4.76.0.177 Offset: 000049ad Exception EAccessViolation in module borlndm.dll at 000049AD. Access violation at address 00D249AD in module 'borlndmm.dll'. Write of address 004BC608. Same code compiled with Delphi 2005 does not raise the exception. Any ideas TIA, Costica Moldovanu
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Unit SOUT was compiled with a different version of ZIN.Tcat... re-building doesn't fix it

Everyone, I changed a type I made called Tcat in unit ZIN and re-built the project. Unfortunatley the error poped up even after a re-build so I assumed the DCUs might be messed up. So, I renamed the DCUs and then re-built and got a 'File Not Found SOUT.dcu'. I put the path to the PAS files in my library path and browse path and I still get the same errors. I re-named the DCUs back to their original names and I'm getting the original error again about being compiled with a different version. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is BDS 2006 Enterprise full featured C# compiler?

, I have BDS2006 Enterprise and a potential customer who want's a webapplication in C#. So I wander if there are traps when I use BDS2006 for this. I did make Win32 and ASPNet applications with it and for once tried to open a C# project and the latter failed on some files. Is it safe to start a web development in C# with a SQL-Server database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

bzip2.dll for download (or can someone compile it?)

Hi all, I'm out hunting for bzip2.dll for use with Delphi classes (DI or Jcl Decompressors), but can't find a recent version ready compiled for Win32 Although google gives many hits on "bzip2.dll" but I don't trust clicking any of those cheap .dll mouse traps which is now littering the entire Internet. Latest source (1.0.5 as of mars 2008) is available from here, http://www.bzip.org/downloads.html Perhaps can anyone compile it for me (or give a hint about a secure link for download). Anyone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

RAD 2007 compiles too much

I've put that slightly provocatively... ;-) My app uses some packages I've made myself--my own code or packages made by others that I've compiled. In all cases the package DPK, unit PAS, DCU, DCP and BPL live together in a directory for the package. Packages are segrated from one another. The BPLs are installed to RAD Studio. The app *does not* use runtime packages. The output directory for my VCL app is "debug." When I build the app, Delphi compiles not only the DCUs for my app, but also for PAS files in these packages, and leaves DCUs for them in my "debug" directory. I've added to the library, search, and browse paths the directories where the package's DCU, DCP and BPL files live, one after one, in an effort to understand why Delphi can't simply link the DCUs it finds. So I'm perplexed. My "natural" environment is C/C++. It seems to me I'm also asking why Delphi thinks it needs to mess with compiled code for which it has DCUs, so why not just link these or other compiled units
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

How can I do to remove the Delphi compiler message "Return value of function 'MyFunction' might be undefined" ?

Before to modify my "old" delphi code, I would like to know if there is a different way to remove the Delphi compiler message "Return value of function 'MyFunction' might be undefined". For example, here is some code that generates this warning message : .... type TrvSampleType = (stTwo, stThree); ..... function GetSampleType(AValue: Integer):TrvSampleType; begin if (AValue Mod 2 = 0) then Result := stTwo else if (AValue Mod 3 = 0) then Result := stThree; end; What I should write is something like that : type TrvSampleType = (stNone, stTwo, stThree); ..... function GetSampleType(AValue: Integer):TrvSampleType; begin if (AValue Mod 2 = 0) then Result := stTwo else if (AValue Mod 3 = 0) then Result := stThree else Result := stNone; end; But in fact, I don't want to add a new sample type value like a stNone, so how can I assign a "null" value to the Result var to avoid the warning Delphi message Thank you for your help. Laurent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

RAD Studio 2007: compiler error

all, I stepped from BDS2006 to RAD Studio 2007. My projects are VCL.NET. In RAD Studio I very often (!) get the compiler error: [DCC Error] F2084 internal error: ILLK17428 What can I do Please help! Another thing is: The mainform has a TPageControl with several TTabSheets. After compiling the TTabSheet changes. regards Reinhard
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Can Delphi 2007 .NET compile for NET 1.0 ? [for to try .NET for Symbian ]

Hi Can Delphi 2007 .NET compile for NET 1.0 / 1.1 i should to try .NET for Symbian http://www.redfivelabs.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Option "Use debug Dcu's" causes compiler error

Hi all, When I check the option "Use debug DCU's" in D7 Ent I get a compiler error saying "[Fatal error] Variants.pas (1024): Program or unit 'Variants' recursively uses itself" The compiler stops at the last line in the source unit Vairants (see code far below). If I uncomment the code in "procedure VarCopyByRef" then the cursor stops way down at line 2809 instead. Why is it doing like this This means I can't debug using Dcu's (well, you already guessed that...).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

compiler search

Report No: 61116 (RAID: unavailable) Status: Open DCC32 probes library path over and over again to find files - slow! http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspxd=61116 This really needs votes, but I'm all out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

build all then run => why re-compile?

In D2007, when I "BUILD ALL" a project, then do an immediate debug "RUN" the IDE recompiles the project and links the program again. Everything has just been compiled and linked and nothing has changed, why does it need to be recompiled A second debug "RUN" does not recompile. I don't remember this behaviour in D7, but I am willing to be re-educated on the subject. I don't think that this is very "RAD" behaviour. -- Keith
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

strange compiler error

, after compiling (a VCL.NET application, RAD Studio 2007) I frequently get the error: [DCC Fehler] F2084 Interner Fehler: AV06F73C6E-R00000B67-0 What's that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Determine Compiler Version of compiled package

Is there a possibility to determine which compiler version has been used to create a package file, if one only has access to the created binary package file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 7th October 2012
View Replies!

compile different unit for different version

Can my application compile different unit for different version in one program file as the example shown below Example program MyApp; If versionA then uses MyForm in '..\Folder A\MyForm.pas' else If VersionB then uses MyForm in '..\Folder B\MyForm.pas'; {$R *.res} Application.Initialize; Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1); Application.Run; Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Can Delphi 2007 .NET compile for NET 1.0 ? [for to try .NET for Symbian ]

Hi Can Delphi 2007 .NET compile for NET 1.0 / 1.1 i should to try .NET for Symbian http://www.redfivelabs.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

strange compiler error

, after compiling (a VCL.NET application, RAD Studio 2007) I frequently get the error: [DCC Fehler] F2084 Interner Fehler: AV06F73C6E-R00000B67-0 What's that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Determine Compiler Version of compiled package

Is there a possibility to determine which compiler version has been used to create a package file, if one only has access to the created binary package file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cant't compile D6 application with D2007: E2037 error

Nando wrote: > > > I've just updated D6 to D2007 but when I compile a project I get this > error: > > [DCC Error] DBLocal.pas(50): E2037 Declaration of 'SetCommandText' > differs from previous declaration. > > I'm getting too much trouble when compiling D6 projects with D2007. > Is there any "Migrating Applications From D6 to D2007 Tips & Tricks" > or something like this. You usually get these problems when there are references to units from the other Delphi version in your project. These are typically references with full or relative path in the dpr files USES clause, or path entries in a DSK or CFG file for the project. If you move a project to a newer Delphi version it is best to rename or delete all non-source files (anything other than pas, dfm, dpr, dpk, inc, rc, res files basically). Of those only the dpr and dpk files may contain path references. The exception to this are include statements, you have to trawl you source files for those manually (just do a search in files for {$I). -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!