Call to html file as help

Is it posiable to call to html file as a help file by press f1 button.

Posted On: Saturday 6th of October 2012 04:26:15 AM Total Views:  215
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

calling readln causes memoryleak in D5?

Would it be possible that many many calls to readln(myFILE, myString) would cause a memory leak The file is closed other objects are closed, still I loose memory in a function. I have found this on D2 that could be it, testing some things now. http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.l...e87a8c1b5629c1 > But that's in D2, I presume that would be fixed in D5. Anyone an idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

referring to dynamically created menu list item in code

After countless hours of searching for an answer to a "simple" problem I am beginning to doubt my sanity. Why is it so hard to refer to a dynamically created TMenuItem (a member of a menu list below a TMainMenu item) in code Nothing I can think of or find in books or online works. Here is a snippet of my code. ******************************************* unit Main; .... type FrmMain = class(TForm) MainMenu1: TMainItem; File1: TMenuItem; Help1: TMenuItem; .... // event procedure for the dynamically created menu item ... procedure mmiDebugProdClick(Sender: TObject); .... private public end; function Monitor(): Boolean; .... var FrmMain: TFrmMain; .... implementation .... TFrmMain.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); { reads an INI file and conditionally calls Add_DebugMenu(), which dynamically adds the new top-level menu captioned '&Debug' } .... end; procedure Add_DebugMenu; var miDebug, miDebugProd : TMenuItem; begin // Put new item on main menu ... miDebug := TMenuItem.Create(MainMenu1); miDebug.Caption := '&Debug'; MainMenu1.Items.Add(miDebug); // Put an item on the drop-down list for the new main-menu item ... miDebugProd := TMenuItem.Create(MainMenu1); miDebugProd.Caption := '&Engage Prod'; miDebugProd.OnClick := DebugProdClick; miDebug.Add(miDebugProd); .... end; procedure DebugProdClick(Sender: TObject); // the event routine for the new drop-menu down item var I: Integer; begin .... for I := 0 to FrmMain.MainMenu1.Items.Count - 1 do begin if FrmMain.MainMenu1.Items[I].Caption = '&Engage Prod' then begin { here's where I want to do something !!! (e.g. change caption to '&Disengage Prod' and set a global state variable) } ... break; end; end; end; .... end. ******************************************* My problem is that the code hinted in the "{ here's where I want to do something !!!...} part never gets executed, because the TMenuItem with the specified caption is never discovered in the loop -- even though it exists on the form's main menu. the top-level menu items are discovered in this loop; only the drop-down item remains undiscovered. So, how should I be trying to refer to the menu items that drop down from a menu list Mercy, please... my poor brain!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Menu accelerator keys automatically being fired

I have a main menu with the standard items (File, Edit, Tools, Help) placed into a Toolbar, placed inside a Controlbar . Each caption has the '&' on it. Anytime I hit one of the accelerator keys (f,e,t,h), the menu fires, even if I'm typing in a TEdit control. I've trying to trace how this is happening, but the stack appears to be starting with the keystrok and then the menu. Does anyone have an idea on how this could be happening I don't have any custom message handling, or anything. If I change the menu to be part of the form instead of the Controlbar, everything works fine. I'm sure that's important, but I'm not sure what it's telling me. I can't imagine Delphi is looking in a Controlbar control for executable keys, especially if the user is typing into a control that accepts keyboard.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only manypc with WinXP

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only some pcs with WinXP. I have a form where it has a envents: OnShow -> MyFunc -> (can call Self.Close) What can I take Tanks, Rodrigo Teodoro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only manypc with WinXP

My form doesn't close when I take a call on event onPaint only some pcs with WinXP. I have a form where it has a envents: OnShow -> MyFunc -> (can call Self.Close) What can I take Tanks, Rodrigo Teodoro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Button hot keys firing automatically?

I don't quite get this, and I'd appreciate anything on how to make it stop. I create a new SDI application. I drop an dbgrid on to it and make it readonly. For right now, there's no datasource or dataset. Then I create a button, assign it a hot key ("D"), and on the onclick event show a message. When I run the application, click on the grid, and hit the "D" key, the button fires and I get the message. What's up with that, and can I make it stop TIA, Paul
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

VB5-callable DLL to call PHP script?

I'd like to write an Internet-capable routine in Delphi that can be called from a VB5 program. The goal is to allow the VB program to call a PHP script on our web server with a couple of parameters, and return a reply. I'd rather do this as either an EXE or DLL, but it should not be a COM server because it must be usable without requiring registration, ie. with no admin rights. I guess the best way is to write this as a regular DLL, but I've never done this before. Would someone have some basic sample on how to write such a thing Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

ambiguous overloaded call while the tpes declared in my overloaded procedure are distinct

Hi Delphians, can someone help me with the following. I have two distinct types: type TMyIntegerA = type Integer; TMyIntegerB = type Integer; I have two overloaded procedures: procedure ShowMyInteger(Value: TMyIntegerA); overloeaded; procedure ShowMyInteger(Value: TMyIntegerB); overloeaded; I have two variables (one of each type): var a: TMyIntegerA; b: TMyIntegerB; until now all compiles without errors. When I add: ShowMyInteger(a); I get compiler error " Ambiguous overloaded call ". I don't know why. The parameter list for both procedures is distinct. Another problem I suffer with is that I don't know how to define distinct record types. type TMyRecordA = packed record a: Integer; b: Integer; end; TMyRecordB = packed record a: Integer; b: Integer; end; How can I make TMyRecordA and TMyRecordB distinct I can't write type TMyRecordA = distinct packed record a: Integer; b: Integer; end; TMyRecordB = distinct packed record a: Integer; b: Integer; end; Is this not possible or are record types always distinct even if the contents are the same Greetings to all of you and have a nice day Sakis Metallidis
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

How to set form's position programtically

all, I created the child form dynamically and would like to align it to a control in the host form, how to set it Best regards, Jack
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Port knocking - Listens on port for specific call

I'm looking to make an app which just runs in the background (maybe as a service), it's main function will be listening for a message, which will be sent to that port. The program will then have to read the message, verify the password is correct (yes, the password is also based on the current time to prevent packet replay) and execute the command the message had. I'm just not sure where to start on this one. I figure I could use LibPCap to handle the reading of the incoming TCP stream to look for some signature on the message and then pass that packet(s) to my program, but does anyone know an easier, more Delphi way to do this - Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Which function to call if exists in 2 units

We have a .pas unit defined a function have same name as Delphi built in function. What function will be called when we run the application
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

DEBUGGING: Data hooks? How to tell when a Delphi defined function is called or user defined variable changes

Everyone, I'm wondering if there is some type of hooks in Delphi that you can put that will alert you if a Delphi defined function is called. If its out there, also something that would allow me to see when changes happen to my variables would help. I'd rather not use watch since stepping through my code takes too long, just something that will pause the program like a breakpoint whenever the variable changes or that function is called. It'd be even better if I could have it then execute code at that point. I know I can change the VCL but that could cause many problems down the road.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

call to Web service

, I have to connect to Web service from my win32 application to get and send data. how can i do it. is there any code example.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

html chm help file usage supported in D2007 Rad Studio? *confused*

Ok folks... I gotta be missing something here. M$ has said their 'standard' help file is html based help for a while now... I can create CHM files all day long but cant for the life of me figure out how to use them with delphi apps. Rad Studio still only allows selection of HLP files for the applications hlp file... and if you use a CHM file anyway it reports that no help system has been installed when you press F1 inside an app. So... should delphi users be using CHM help or still HLP despite what M$ says is there something im missing are their compatibility issues with what help system you use
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

dtor/ctor question on inherited calls

Do I explicitly have to call the super ctor and dtor through inherited yes or no Let's assume TMyClass inherits from a Super Class that has some members to create/destory too. constructor TMyClass.Create(); begin inherited; // is this double perhaps since it is already called automagicly or not m_Member := TMyMember.Create(); end destructor TMyClass.Destroy(); begin m_Member.Free; inherited; // is this double perhaps since it is already called automagicly or not end;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

How to position a form vertically according to form height?

I have a form which can be opened as a Purchase Order or an Invoice. I have programmed the PO to be much taller than the Invoice because of different contents. The form is set to open poMainFormCenter and this works fine if the PO is opened first. If it is then closed and the Invoice is opened, the invoice is positioned slightly higher than screen centre, which looks ok. But if the invoice is opened first and closed and then the PO is opened, it appears much too low (because the top of the form was set according to the height of the shorter invoice) with the bottom running off the screen. How can I ensure that both versions of the form always open initially with a top position the same as the larger form This needs to be set only the first time the form opens, so that the user can subsequently reposition the form manually if deed, and closing and reopening of POs/Invoices will retain the modified position.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Dynamically Created grid reference

Greetings all. background: I am writing a program to convert a forecast spreadsheet in excel into a table in access. Each record will have several columns of the spreadsheet plus a MonthYear field (header across the top of the spreadsheet) and a forecast value for that MonthYear (row beneath the header) The program allows a user to open a database, select a table, and load the fields into a listbox. The user can then drag the field names to a StringGrid to match-up with the spreadsheet headers. The user can also load a spredsheet, navigate to the appropriate tab. Each tab is loaded into a dynamically created pagecontrol and the data loaded into a dynamically created StringGrid. At this point, I want to copy the header row into the StringGrid. Problem: How does one reference the cells in a dynamically created grid on a dynamically created page here is the code for creating the page and grid: tab := TTabSheet.Create(PageControl1); tab.Caption := sheet.Caption; tab.PageControl := PageControl1; grid := TStringGrid.Create(tab); grid.DefaultRowHeight := 18; grid.Parent := tab; grid.Align := alClient;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

calling a DLL's form from an MDI

morris wrote: > hi , i have a DLL with a few forms built in, and i want to > call it from my MDI application - which is no problem. > > my question is, is there a way to make it seamlessly appear as part > of the MDI application as when i call it currently, it has its own > taskbar item, and appears like another application almost. i've > tried setting the DLL's form style to fsMDIChild, but this causes an > AV. > > just wondering if there's some sort of setting i'm missing i'm just > wanting to call it like any other form in the MDI. You must use packages to do that. -- Cesar Romero http://blogs.liws.com.br/cesar Liws - Software Development http://www.liws.com.br
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

D2007 IDE/Compiler problem with $include file (Synapse)

all, I am using the wonderful "synapse" library in many projects. However, Delphi 2007 is causing me problems. Whenever I "build" a project that uses synapse, the IDE throws an error in unit SYNSOCK.PAS that it can't open the included file SSWIN32.PAS because it is in use by another application (which is b###shit). If I edit SYNSOCK, remove the $include directive and copy and paste the complete contents of SSWIN32 in its place, everything works as it should so I have a workaround. Any idea what may cause this -- Arthur Hoornweg (In order to reply per e-mail, please just remove the ".net" from my e-mail address. Leave the rest of the address intact including the "antispam" part. I had to take this measure to counteract unsollicited mail.)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

call WebService

, Im looking for demonstration about using Web service from Delphi 7.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!