AV in Delphi 2007 compiled application

We have a enterprise suite developed back with Delphi 4.
Last year we have converted our code to Delphi 2005 and everything it was
ok.
In last month we decided to move all code to Delphi 2007.
Everything went well except one application which start crashing when exit
from it.
Everthing works except when Exit from application.
AppName: dlydispatchconsole.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.1 ModName: borlndmm.dll

ModVer: 4.76.0.177 Offset: 000049ad

Exception EAccessViolation in module borlndm.dll at 000049AD. Access
violation at address 00D249AD in module 'borlndmm.dll'. Write of address
004BC608.

Same code compiled with Delphi 2005 does not raise the exception.

Any ideas

TIA,
Costica Moldovanu

Posted On: Saturday 22nd of September 2012 04:21:53 AM Total Views:  328
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how can i include version info with delphi exe while building with MSBUILD

I have able to set the version while building delphi executable by using the D2007 by enabling include version information in project. But i am using MSBUILD to build my .dpr in command prompt. I want to include the version info with MSBUILD
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

Do I always have to use try ... finally to clean up in case of exceptions ?

I would like to use exceptions in my program to spare me all the checkes for the return code from various functions each time I call them. And also to make bugs like Access Violation look like they are handled and not crash my app. The problem is exceptions handlers are at many stack frames (nested called functions) away from the raise point, and in case of an exception all the called functions would return without destroing and freeing class instances created. I think this would cause memory and resource leaks. Do I have to begin each of my functions and procedures with try ... finally to be able to work with exceptions in my program Do I need a nested try ... finally for every class instance I create to be sure it is destroyed Is there a way to have the destructors always called by the language, like when the constructor raises the exception I know, I am used with other environments, but I would like to know how things are in Delphi. Thank you, Timothy Madden
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

Save desktop not works

I use D2007 with an application I've create. Few days ago the IDE stop saving the desktop configuration (the .dsk file remains unchanged with older date). If I delete the .dsk file, the IDE recreates it but after this, makes no other changes. How can I solve this please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

After embedding a form into another form i have focus problem on my first form controls!

Ahmadi wrote: > After embedding a form into another form i have focus problem on my > first form controls! > > For example if form2 have edit1, after running following lines edit1 > can not focused with left click!(but with right click it can !!!) : If you want to parent a form to some container you have to use Borderstyle bsNone for the form. This gets rid of the caption bar. For some unscrutable reason Windows does not like child windows (controls, windows with window style WS_CHILD) that have a caption bar. If you want to have a caption bar on your embedded forms you have to fake it. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 20th September 2012
View Replies!

have chance to see Firebird DBX4 Driver in Delphi 2008 ?

Am Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:06:23 +0330 schrieb Maziar Navahan: > Hi > > i see i and over 900 other user requst in QC add codegear driver for > firebird 2.0 to delphi > > have anu chance to see it in d2008 Would like to have such a driver, too, so please add me to the list ;-) -- cu, Michael
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

[Delphi 2007] How can i set that delphi start form # from 1(after starting a new VCL project)?

Ahmadi wrote: > After starting new VCL Form Project, my form and unit #(postfix number) is 5 > , sometime is 4! It uses the lowest number that's higher than any of the forms or units that are already in your project folder. > Its wonderful that if my first form # is 5 and i create new form its number > is 7 !!! > [Delphi 2007] How can i set that delphi start form # from 1(after starting a > new VCL project) Delete the other form or unit files from your default project folder. Better yet, give your forms and units meaningful names. The numbers don't tell you or anyone else what your forms or units are for. -- Rob
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D 2007: removing components from project, save project, reopen and components are back

I removed (unchecked) a number of the installed packages when a project is open, save the project, exit D2007. Restart D2007, re-open my project, and reopen the 'Installed Packages...' dialog and the unchecked packages are checked. So I tried it with out a project open--unchecked a few packages, exited the program and reopened--all of the packages were still checked. Shouldn't the IDE remember the un-checked items It worked fine in D7.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mousewheel behaviour

in my applications the mousewheel changes the state of the control, that has the focus. I would like to change that, so that the control under the mouse cursor handles the mousewheel events. Is there an easy way, to change this globally for an application cu Christian
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Field does not have a corresponding component.

The D2007 IDE two-way tools parser is driving me crazy. I have experienced this bug many times before but it has gone away when the code is recompiled. The IDE warns me that some property in my code is not in the form. But it's not a property at all, it's a function or procedure in this case. It's making me insane. Argh! W
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 FormCreate behavior changed?

I recompiled an earlier application under D2007. When it goes to use a TImage placed on the form in FormCreate, it gives an access violation. On debugging, I find that the image variable is nil for that component in FormCreate. Is it some bug or has FormCreate changed drastically in behavior I also remember having to move some code from FormCreate for another form to its constructor after it has called create. Now that I think about it, it was a similar problem as this one.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

Babelcode c# to delphi converter

Is this tool being improved upon or is ins beta stage only http://lingua.codegear.com/babelcode...belClient.aspx Venkatesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

different instances of datamodule - don't understand behaviour...

! I have a Querys DataModule in with I put a lot of TIBQuerys. They are very often used and small tables: ------------------- unit uDMQueries; interface type TDM_Queries = class(TDataModule) qLista: TIBQuery; qCondVta: TIBQuery; qIVA: TIBQuery; end; ------------------- I have a base form from which I inherit other forms. ------------------- uses [...] uDMQueries; type TfBase_cds = class(TForm) [...] protected DMQ: TDM_Queries; end; procedure TfBase_cds.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin DMQ := TDM_Queries.Create(nil); end; procedure TfBase_cds.FormClose(Sender: TObject; var Action: TCloseAction); begin FreeAndNil(DMQ); end; ------------------- And in the inherited forms I open the querys I want to use: ------------------- type TfClientesABM = class(TfBase_cds) [...] end; implementation procedure TfClientesABM.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin inherited; [...] DMQ.qIVA.Open; DMQ.qLista.Open; end; ------------------- The problem is that if I open onother form inherited from TfBase_cds. It seems that the only Active querys are the ones that where open in the *first* instance. ------------------- type TfProveedoresABM = class(TfBase_cds) [...] end; implementation procedure TfProveedoresABM.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin inherited; DMQ.qIVA.Open; DMQ.qCondVta.Open;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calling C-dll from delphi

group, trying to translate a .h file for use within delphi. How do I translate typedef void (*GEOSMessageHandler)(const char *fmt, ...); void initGEOS(GEOSMessageHandler notice_function,GEOSMessageHandler error_function); into something useful for Delphi
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 debugging too much code

I debug a D2007 program and find it annoying that stepping though my code with F7 from a breakpoint leads me into the code of standard delphi units as well. I only need to see what goes on in my own code. This is probably a matter of using proper settings in Tools/Options, but I have not been able to find the correct settings. - Any suggestions Claus
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

New ActiveX control with D2007

Hi Everybody! I have the following problem: I created a VCL component with D7 and I use (in D7) the Wizard "File -> New -> ActiveX -> ActiveX Control" to create an ocx from this component. Now I want to maintain this control in D2007. The documentation of D2007 (Win32 Enterprise) describes this procedure, too. But there's no "ActiveX Control" Wizard available in my installation (There are 10 wizards availble (e.g. Active Form, ActiveX Libray, ...), but not the ActiveX Control). Does anybody knows where I can find this wizard or how this task could be done with D2007.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does Delphi 2007 support .CHM Files?

We have converted all out .hlp files to .chm file, but Delphi 2007 does not seem to handle them. I've got some code that can handle that, but I can't believe the 2007 does not handle them automatically.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

configuring IIS in delphi

Hi I want to write an app in delphi that will configure IIS 5 or 6 as per certain requirements I need for another system. I need to be able to set permissions, enable ISAPI & CGI extentions etc etc can anyone push me in the right direction
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

compiling takes forever in Delphi 2007 + completion is slow

I can't figure out why it takes so long to compile in Delphi 2007. Did some research, and the only thing i could find was something about a bad HD or virus scanner. a simple project takes about 25-40 seconds, and it's just a plain empty form.. why does it takes so long\t Also when I want to enter code example: Ttextbox1.caption:='hello'; when i make a typo and do Ttexxxxtbox1. then it sits there for the longest time, before it figure out that it doesn't exsists. i did move the slider in the setup for the delay to none. but that's only for when you type something and whatever your need after the .(period) that is coming up right away. is there another setting \t Thank you so much for your help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

using D2007 RTL on D7

hi there, some question regarding the use of D2007 RTL on D7 1.is there any worth using D2007 RTL on D7 2.how much the different between D2007 RTL and D7 3.is this mainly about FastCode core (and maybe FastMM), cause i think D2007 have it while D7 didn't (not integrated by default) don't ask me if it possible to use D2007 RTL on D7 cause someone has already tried it (and sucess\t), you can do search on Delphi 7 Lite (don't ask me where to get it, since it maybe illegal software, except it's allowed by newsgroup) here are some text from the readme : WHAT IS DELPHI 7 LITE ------------------------- Delphi 7 Lite is a standard installation of Delphi 7 Enterprise in which: - Applied all the official updates. - the setup options have been discarded EXCEPT source code. - Included programming font Consolas (recommended size 10 with ClearType enabled). - Editor color settings of Delphi 2006. - Replace the D7 RTL to D11(Delphi 2007) RTL(FastMM and FastCode Core) (Optional). - the setup options have been discarded EXCEPT source code. - Update 1.1 has been installed (version of the IDE is 7.0.8.1), these patches are applied: Update ActionBar to 7.01 - Unneeded files have been removed. - Can import ActiveX Componets - Supports MIDAS development. - Supports CLX Design development. - Supports IntraWeb 5.0 development. - Supports RaveReport 5 development. - Installation do not copy of any files to system directory. - Green Edition Integrated,you can copy the entire delphi directory to other place directly ,run file D7LiteReg***.exe to register easily. - Dynamic Compile after Installation to generate RTL/VCL and other components .DCU Files,thus minish size of the installation file. ...... and so on PS: D2007 = Delphi 2007, D7 = Delphi 7 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RAD Studio 2007 Crashes.

RAD Studio 2007 has been crashing regularly on my PC. At times it closes itself suddenly and other times my PC suddenly reboots. This occurs when I'm using the code editor, eg. typing, scrolling, using Page Up or Page Down, etc. In the last 3 days it occurred 11 times on Wednesday, 4 times yesterday, and once so far today. The version number is 11.0.2804.9245. Has anyone else had this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!