application startup shutdown slow on dev. machine

I have a delphi 32 bit c/s app that connects to sql server and everything
works fine, but some time ago it started to take a long time on startup and
shutdown
on my dev. machine (a couple of minutes), while on other computers that have
significantly less resources than my dev. machine it starts up very quickly.

I suspect it's one of the standard updates like acrobat or other tools that
was installed and now this causes this.
Other than the slowdown for my app there are no problems.
Does anybody have any idea on how to troubleshoot this and find the problem
Are there any tools

Thank you

Vadim

Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 03:37:52 AM Total Views:  54
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

delphi application on vista

Hi I have application made in Delphi 2007 on XP and on XP is working perfectly but on vista it wont start I get the error message Project1.exe has stopped working what should I do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Open a file exclusively by my application

, I am trying to open a file exclusively by my application, no other process can handle this file. Open means the file have to execute. The file can be any type that is txt, hlp, bmp etc. Any example would be highly appreciated. -- Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 2007 Change applications language to Italian?

Hi , I could do with a little help !! I have writeen a standard delphi VCL 32 bit application with Delphi 2007 (Codegear RAD Studio) and I have now been informed that the application may be sold in Italy. The application is obviously all in English. Is there an easy way that I can set the application to a different language at start up so that all labels, buttons, captions edit and memo boxes will display in italian and when the user enters in information it is saved in italian. The application will only be run on Windows XP service pack 2 or higher or Vista 32bit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)

Please help me to fix problem: Last days my D2007 (update 3, december update) cannot run any project from inside IDE (F9). I ALWAYS receive this errror: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) This happens under both delphi and BCB personality. This happens with all projects (including empty projects with one empty form). This happens with any project settings (debug and release). But all projects runs fine outside IDE (if I run it manually by clicking Project.exe). So, this problem happens ONLY if I run program from IDE. I was try to un-install D2007 and manually delete all RAD Studio related files and folders from Common Files, Documents and Settings, Application Data, etc - then re-install Delphi from beginning - not helps. Still receive this error with all projects. It's looks like Windows/registry problem but I can't locate and fix it... Please help.... --- With best regards, Max Terentiev. Business Software Products. AMS Development Team. support@bspdev.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007+Vista... application wont exit...

, Has anyone else encountered this... D2007 win32 project... migrated from D7 if that matters. About 3 outta 5 times that I run the application in the IDE it will lag terribly for a sec... then fail to exit... cant close it with window buttons, File/Exit etc. Only way to exit the app is to Reset. The other times it runs perfectly fine... even if i do the exact same steps to try to track a problem in the program... no memory leaks reported, it is compiled as a debug build. Just curious if anyone has seen apps in the D2007 ide fail to exit before.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

First time an application is run ?

Without using the registry, what is the most appropriate way to know if an application is run for the first time on a computer I'm looking for a function or procedure embeded in the main form (or project form) of the application.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Use XML-RPC interface as application's local API?

I have an software and thinking of providing API for third parties to interact with it. The first approach I came up is COM, but I really don't like this bloated, slow and hard-to-use-and-debug framwork; I remember long time ago in a thread discussing a similar topic a guy suggested using WEB SERVICE to provide programming interface, I thought that's good idea but I could not find a lightweight and easy to use framework to implement ( I use d7), recently I found RTC SDK and really like its remote function calls feature and the author claimed the calls can work with XML-PRC protocol and it's 100% compatible with it, I also like it's lightweight and easy to use. At the beginning what I look for is a lib for developing a collaborative system and now I found that it can also serve as a local API for my application. With this approach, people use any language that supports XML-PRC can interface with my app, which is a advantage over COM. What's your thoughts Edwin.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

functions in multithread applications

I wondered if using functions at the same time from threads can cause errors. I'm asking this question because sometimes i got "Invalid floating point operation" from MilliSecondsBetween function. Do i need to use synchronization for calling this function what happens if two threads enter a function at the same time As my second question is GetMem function in Delphi ThreadSafe
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

[D2007] MDI application?

Hi I'd like to build an MDI application that would look like this: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2...panemdimd3.jpg IOW, an XP-style taskpane in one, child, fixed, left-aligned window, and two child windows that pop-up when the user has selected either an item in the taskpane or a row in the grid. Do you know if it's possible to have a fixed child window to host the taskpane, or should I do things in a totally different way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

external application

Hi I transferred the code to my main application as below, with ShellApi in the uses clause, but I get the error 'undeclared identifier 'handle'. procedure drsuni_intergrate; var myapp,myparams:string; begin myapp:='C:\Program Files\Apteryx\Apteryx Imaging\DrSuni.exe'; //myparams:= '/m /p"Rogers, Roy::::54406"' ; myparams:= '''/m /p"' + FrountEndGUI.MainPatientDetailsSurname.Value + ',' + ' ' + FrountEndGUI.MainPatientDetailsFirstName.Value + '::::' + FrountEndGUI.MainPatientDetailsUnique.AsString ; ShellExecute(Handle, 'open', pchar(myapp), pchar(myparams), '', SW_SHOW); end thanks Howard "Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" wrote in message news:xn0fpa0as57i10701bnewsgroups@rvelthuis.de... > Howard Koch wrote: > >> Hi >> >>
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Intercept data sended to a treeview of an external application

, I'll like to intercept the datas that are sended to a treeview by another application (the application has several windows, one has a treeview) I don't have source code of the application (of course). The goal is to change the way the datas are displayed because actually it's not really usable, so will like to get the info and display them as i like (with filtering some data for example)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

TTimer and application close

I'm working with BDS2006, I have an MDI application with several TTimer components. What is the best way to be sure that when I'm closing my application, no timer event will be triggered When I close my application I disable all the timers but: Example, if some timer event works for 2 seconds, and I'm closing my application when it's working, an access violation will occur. Is there a way to control if a timer is executing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

multi-tier application

, I want to study making a multi-tier application I found few resource about that on the net by using MIDAS and CORBA Can any one tell me which technology is the best I dont want to learn an outdated method or something did not work in real life.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Identifying Calling application from a DLL.

I need to find out if it is possible to find out what application is calling my DLL. One of two applications will be calling my dll, one is an EXE the other is a DLL used by the EXE. When the EXE calles my dll directly I need a certian behavior (initializing data modules and verifying my tables exists) but when the other DLL calls my DLL I don't need to go thru the slow process of verifying my data tables. Unfortunately I can't have the code for the EXE or the other DLL changed so I can't have them call a different exported procedure. Does anyone know how I can identify the calling application from within my DLL
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Can I use TStaticText in a non-GUI application?

I have an existing app that has implemented some rather convoluted communications procedures towards an instrument in a number of classes. In the end this application sets a property in the class to point to a TStaticText component on a form in the application. The class will regularly update the caption of this component as data arrives. Now I am trying to use this underlying functionality in a service application where I want to transfer the contents of the display over TCP/IP sockets. And to keep stuff stable I don't want to dig into the class structure too much. So I thought that if I let the TCP/IP class create a TStaticText object in code and set this as the one used by the instrument communication, will that work even though the component is not on a form Just checking for advice before throwing a lot of time at it... /BoB
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

faulting application! how to find a reason?

I have created server using Delphi, Indy idHTTP, Threads and EurekaLog. I run it as application under Admin account on Windows2003 One or two times in day it crashes without any error, eureka log do not gives error also and windows event viewer show error below. How to find where is the problem in such situation I have no clue what is going on. Faulting application Server.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4062, fault address 0x0000bee7.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Pass TObject to another application

I need to share one big TObject betwen applications. Is it possible somehow to pass TObject class to another application I have tried to search for procedure which would save TObject to Stream but no luck.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Delphi application is requiring the "Win95 Compatibilty mode" to be configure before running in a client server setup. Help!

My Delphi application will not run in a client server mode setup unless the compatibility mode is set to "Run Compatibility for Win 95". I am not sure how this happened, it was working fine and then something changed that is requiring this. I am not sure if its a component or how I have Delphi setup. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am using Delphi 2006 on a XP machine. This also did this with Delphi 6. Semone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Good design application

I would like to ask some basic questions. I want to dynamically create forms at runtime, is it posible to have statement like Create('Form1'); 1. Passing parameter as string. 2. No need to add to use clause at design time. Please give me some suggestion.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

First time an application is run ?

Without using the registry, what is the most appropriate way to know if an application is run for the first time on a computer I'm looking for a function or procedure embeded in the main form (or project form) of the application.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!