access violation debug help

I added a form to my application and now I receive the following Access
Violation when attempting to run the application. Does anyone have any
suggestion as to how to determining what in my new Unit is causing this
problem

---------------------------
Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module borlndmm.dll at 00004D2A.

Access violation at address 41004D2A in module 'borlndmm.dll'. Read of
address 029384CC.

OK

Posted On: Tuesday 2nd of October 2012 10:52:26 PM Total Views:  332
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Technology Partner news group / Partner portal inaccessible

Newsgroup server answers: Authentivication error Partner Portal answers: Unknown e-mail address I used: http://tp.codegear.com Helmuth J.H. Adolph
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Recommendations: Graphical debugger that supports symbols?

i'm looking for a graphical debugger that supports MS symbols/symbol server 1. Delphi. Graphical, no symbols 2. WinDbg. Symbols, non-graphical 3. OllyDbg. Graphical, no symbols 4. Visual Studio. Graphical, symbols(), just can't make it work Any other suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
View Replies!

D2007 debugging too much code

I debug a D2007 program and find it annoying that stepping though my code with F7 from a breakpoint leads me into the code of standard delphi units as well. I only need to see what goes on in my own code. This is probably a matter of using proper settings in Tools/Options, but I have not been able to find the correct settings. - Any suggestions Claus
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cannot access package informations

Is there anything to do for such message DH
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Preventing debugger to halt on special exceptions

, This has been a long time problem and I never found a solution, so finally decided I should ask. I want to write a function that does some calculations and returns false if some part fails, for example when I get an overflow or an invalid floating point as a result. Example: function TrySomething: Boolean; begin Result := True; try DoSomethingThatMightRaiseFloatingPointException; except Result := False; end; end; Now it is pretty common that TrySomething returns false which is ok and expected. The user will never see the exception, but when debugging I get frequent floating point exceptions which is pretty annoying. I could tell the debugger not to halt on floating point exceptions, but I do not want to generally deactivate them, since when calling other functions than TrySomething they should be raised as usual. Any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

BDS 2006 .NET - Another debugging question

Hi all, In debugging an EXE, I am setting my first breakpoint on "Application.Run(TWinForm.Create)". I am trying to find out how a particular global variable is being set. So far, I have done a "Find in files" but the only thing that comes up is one line, the place where the global variable (named "gWFile" in my case) is passed to a function. At the breakpoint, mentioned above, the Watch window displays the global variable's value so it must be being set earlier than this point. As far as I am aware, this breakpoint (Applicarion.Run) should be he start of the program so my question is: How is this global being set I have noticed that as I close the resulting window, the debugger stops and I get back to Edit mode and a *.INI file for the EXE filename being created in the same folder as the EXE file. Since the creation of the INI file occurs after the main window is closed, I looked for whether an INI file is created in the code but could not find anything in the code that references the reading or creation of an INI file. Is there something I am missing in the operation of the BDS 2006 .NET ide for global variables Is there an earlier breakpoint location than "Application.Run
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Runtime package, vcl100.bpl, Access violation

Hi I have a runtime package, that is called from my main application. It used to work. Suddenly I get this, after re-compiling: Access violation at address 52006167 in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000010. I have not changed the code, and I can't see what is changed in my development environment. The BPL that is generated from my package has the same size but different content to the previous compile... Any ideas BDS 2006, update 2 -- Henrik
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Delphi 7: How do I debug with component without code ?

I am working in Delphi 7 for the first time in a long time. I am doing some debugging and using a compiled component (for which I do not have code). When I step into a line with the component referenced, I get a dialog asking me where the ***.pas file is -- which I do not have. How do I avoid this and keep debugging
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Option "Use debug Dcu's" causes compiler error

Hi all, When I check the option "Use debug DCU's" in D7 Ent I get a compiler error saying "[Fatal error] Variants.pas (1024): Program or unit 'Variants' recursively uses itself" The compiler stops at the last line in the source unit Vairants (see code far below). If I uncomment the code in "procedure VarCopyByRef" then the cursor stops way down at line 2809 instead. Why is it doing like this This means I can't debug using Dcu's (well, you already guessed that...).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Having access to a Protected Array

I have this button array (a button toolbar) defined in Protected mode: VisibleButtons : TLToolBarButtonSet; TLToolBarButtonSet = set of TLToolBarBtn; TLToolBarBtn = (ibOpen, ibSave, ibPrint, ibScan, ibPanZoom, ibZoomIn); To access the individual buttons of the toolbar i need to play a trick - right Lets asume that i want know which toolbar button is the sender after a click on one of the button on the toolbar... What i did (to have access to everything declared in the protected class) is subclassing and typecasting .... Type TBar = class(TLToolBar) then i check for the sender : // MyBar1being my instance of TLToolBar If Sender = TBar(MyTBar1).Buttons[ibsave] then Still no luck ... sender is still empty. What do i miss
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

How to debug COM DLL:s in D7????

I am tearing my hair off over this... I have this COM dll that I am working on. It is supposed to be called from another program using the COM registration and then it will show its form and the user can perform some data handling and then close the form and the dll is returning to the caller program with the data. Fine, this works without problem. We have many such projects and they usually are quite simple to develop. But this one drives me mad because it seems absolutely impossible to get the D7 debugger take hold of the dll and allow me to step through the code to find the bugs. Is there somewhere a stepwise guide on how one can debug dll code that I can use The thing that drives me nuts is that if I open another similar COM dll project in D7 that uses the same host application as the caller then D7 lets me debug that! The blue dots appear and the breakpoints are honored. I even compared the dof files for the two projects to see if there are any obvious differences but I could not find any.... Where should I start looking for a solution to this I really need to get the bugs out and it is almost impossible without being able to step through the code. Notice that the dll I compile is actually the one being called too, every visible change I make is there. It's just that the debugger does not get a grip on it. :-( -- Bo Berglund
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

D2006 crash when trying to debug COM dll

when trying to debug a specific COM dll the IDE crash, or i get only the CPU Debug video or it just get stuck.. other COM Dll's debugging works fine, fellow workers doesn't have problems with debugging that DLL as well but on my computer it keeps crashing... any ideas tnx, roi.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

TDateTime help needed

I'm new to programming and need some help regarding this: I am working on a small util where I want to give the user some infotext (Using 'MessageDlg') at the same date (17.05.\t\t) every year. (This is the Norwegian national day ) I have managed to do this for one spesific date, this year. Bud I ned it to do this every year at the same date. A small example of code would be appreciated. BTW: I'm sorry if I am using a wrong newsgroup for my question. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Access violation borland package

Delphi 5, WinXP SP3. I got a runtime error: 'Access violation at address 400045AD in module 'Vcl50.bpl'. Read of address 61909C04' Any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Delphi 2006 carshing when trying to debug COM Dll

when trying to debug a specific COM Dll the IDE get either Stuck\Crash\ Or Stops but Only shows CPU window (depending on where the break point is located) I have no problem debugging other COM Dll's and on a different computer there is no problem with the Dll that keep crashing on mine. any ideas tnx, Roi.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

want help for developing Socket server with heavy traffic

Dear I want to two write a Transaction socket server that can handle heavy traffic.I need some advise and help in design. The clients actions are onnect,SendRequestStr,GetResponseStr,Disconnect. Expected traffic is about 300 Transaction per second. Request processing is about 0.5-1 seconds. -What is your advice o implement it -use TSocketServer or TIdTCPServer which have better performance -what value should be set for the thread pool size for above specs -Develop server Application as Win Vcl app or console application -As you know every clinet conection builds a thread to response, in multi processor (dual or quad) how distribute threads between them as single exe application -if I want to use win64 and 64bit computer power,The only compiler for delphi is FreePascal. is it approved for heavy and commercial applications
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

How i can remove the CPU windows in debug mode ?

Hi Delphi 2007, upd3. When i debug anytime i go n CPU windows. how i can remove for always this windows I want work only in pascal source.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

FileMaker 5: how to access from Delphi?

I am trying to connect to a FileMaker ***5*** db and I am having all sorts of issues: I could not find Delphi components to do it and the ODBC driver shipped with higher versions seems to require a data conversion before I can access the tables (I mean, convert the tables from version 5 to something higher). Is there an ODBC driver or anything else that I can use Once again, the version I need to access is 5 and conversion of those tables is not an option.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

accessing local drive when working with terminal server

, a customer of mine changed the way they work with the network. Now they use terminal server and all the client pc run my system directly from the server local drive C: I used to have a folder "C:\LocalOptions" in order to save some local configuration files for each PC. Now all the PCs have the same LocalOption folder, as they are running my app locally via terminal server. Is there any way to see the local drive of the client PC when I'm within Terminal Server I use Delphi 6.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Examples of Directory Services access

I'd like to know if anyone could assist me with some code examples to query Directory Services for a user. At the simplist level, I've been asked to provide an ability to perform a search for a user based on someone entering in first/last names. The search would need to return the user's network account id, phone number, email address (informational stuff). On the same line, if the person using my app already knows a persons network account id, then the search would return the full name/phone, etc. So, in the end, I would be querying DS on various criteria. I'm trying to put something together on short order, so I'd appreciate any assistance. John
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!