2007 vista aeroglass support? something missing...

Ok... I played with doing some glass forms over the weekend and while its
easy to extend glass beyond the border of a frame.. what good is it... if
you place buttons, labels, etc on the form they dont draw correctly.
Searching the internet for solutions i read that it has something to do with
delphi not using gdi+ or having support for WPF for drawing on the forms
correctly.

Will D2008 correct this or am i missing something obvious.

Posted On: Tuesday 25th of September 2012 10:03:21 PM Total Views:  339
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Delphi Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

[Delphi 2007] Copy/Paste problem !?

Ahmadi wrote: > Hi > I jumped from D7 to D2007 and im wondering why Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V some > times (approximately 30% of all times) don't work in D2007 ! > Also if i select Edit->Copy , i can not paste my copied control(for > example a simple button) ! > What is the problem sometimes i can not copy and paste one of my form > button ! I have not seen this kind of problem. But (and that is a big but ) for a successful paste you have to make sure that the target control is properly selected in the designer. That sounds easy but can be a problem for certain target control classes, especially tabsheets on a page control. Click on the tabsheet to select it before pasting, otherwise the control may not paste or may be pasted with the pagecontrol as parent. Use the structure view to verify that the control ended up where you intended it to end up. -- Peter Below (TeamB) Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires), use the newsgroup archives : http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm http://groups.google.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Query about Delphi 2007 (W32) Pro/Enterprise versions

all, Our company is interested in purchasing Delphi 2007. Our flagship product consists of a main exe served by several COM servers and dll's, all of which are produced and maintained using Delphi 6 Professional. Database connectivity is with Firebird, via InterBaseObjects (IBO), and will likely be extended to PostgreSQL, (possibly by MicroOlap's PostgresDAC). We want to bring the product up to par on Vista, and converting it to Delphi 2007 is a step in this. The question(s) being, which version of Delphi 2007 can we get, and should get 1) Would the Enterprise version be required for our needs, or would the Professional one be sufficient (Our funds are obviously limited, and we have to get what's cheapest... I'm not even sure the Enterprise version could be managed by the budget!) 2) Considering we are registered D6 users, would this be an outright purchase, or are we eligible for an upgrade At the same time, we have to retain all the options we already have in the D6 Pro version. But the more I try to understand the differences between the two versions, by looking at the datasheet, the more apprehensive I get. The Together diagrams are not needed, nor is the Ajax Web applications development bit, nor is MIDAS nor dbExpress. But we obviously MUST be able to debug our COM servers, and I eyed the "Remote debugging" tickmark (present for Enterprise, missing on Professional) with some unease. Would someone who has a clearer eye on this sort of thing kindly clarify the situation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Class Completion Of Object Delphi 2007 bug

Just got D2007, and have a problem with class completion. Either I have a misconception about procedural types, or there is a bug in the IDE that prevents me from using class completion (ctrl shift V), and also renaming methods in the structure view. It occurs in any class where I have a procedural member "of object" Example: TMyClass = class private protected public onStatusMessage: procedure(msg: string) of object; Because of the onStatusMessage and the "of object" specification, class completion will not work for this class. If I enter a new procedure and hit Ctrl Shift V, I get this error when it attempts class completion: Expected ';' but OF found in class TMyClass Compiles / Links / Runs just fine. Is this a known bug
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 Live Templates Problem

Has anyone experienced weird problems with Live Templates in the IDE I've been working with them today and they are hosed. For instance, templates that were there and working, will no longer be listed in the templates dialog, even though the template xml is right there, in: My Documents\RAD Studio\code_templates. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Restarting the IDE doesn't bring them back. I feel like the little Dutch Boy, add one template, others mysteriously stop working. Frustrating to say the least. -- Warm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Code templates d2007

I saved the delphi feeds article "Code Template - Property with Getter & Setter" from June 30th, and saved the file in the c:\documents\radstudio etc. pasting the link from the article into the explorer navigation bar to be sure I got it right. Then I started d2007 and tried it and it doesn't show up. I looked in help under code templates and saw this at the end: To add a template: Choose ToolsOptionsEditor Options. Click the Source Options tab and then the Edit Code Templates button. In the Templates section, click Add. Type a name for the template after Shortcut name, enter a brief description of the new template, and click OK. Add the template code to the Code text box. Click OK. Only problem is I don't see an "Edit Code Templates" button anywhere in the tools|Options page. I don't have a lot of time to play with this but thought this template was interesting. As I recall, last time I played with these was with d2005 and then I believe the only way I could get them to work was to save them in the borland program files code templates folder. Obviously I'm missing something here. --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My list D2007 annoyances/todo's I would like to see resolved in D2008

, Now that D2008 is in work in progress and I have used 2007-version for a awhile I have short list of things that are annoying or todo/feature request(s). If someone of these is just product of using the IDE wrongly I hope someone will point me into right direction, and sorry of my bad English... I will not list Obvious, "Faster this, Bigger that" - things. I (Would) think that this is already taken care of by Code Gear it self (hopefully) (And by FastCode and/or .basm dudes). (Would love to see that more efficient containers and some speed ups in object creation and destruction, because these would speed up very many programs "for free") 1. IDE can't find same set of files (Ctrl+Enter) than compiler (complained this some time back in some .Ide group, but all I got that "it should find..." answers, but clearly it will not...) A: Most of the time that I need to open file that is not already Open I try to open it with Ctrl+Enter from uses clause IDE just can't find it. B: This I could live with, but when I go to dir' where the file is I click Open, it still can't find it. Then I have to manually tell that I want to open .pas file with that name (by writing .pas after file name) 2. Containers (TList, TObjectList, TStrings...) should have way to sort with compare function definer as Object method (defined as of objcet). Lack of This leads to extremely weird code. I Can make public (enough) var which is visible to compare function, and the object who knows how the particular list should be sorted is exposed to compare code, and I can go around this (one solution I came up with yesterday). But this is far from beigh thread safe (if sorter is thread it could do this with out any locks etc.) 3. Code Completion-Todo, When you have object/component which you are not too familiar with what you do is that you write C. and hit Ctrl+Space and you browse the list provided, when you find something that is interesting you hit enter. Then maybe go into code/help to see what it actually does. if it was not what you expected, you want to browse the list again. Would be cool that when you would do Ctrl+Space again, and while moving tha cursor to the C.|SomeProperty that SomeProperty would stay selected, maybe by (going left with crtl+Left Arrow etc) so you could continue the adventures of that mysterious class from where you where. 4. Generics, this is requested a very much, and lack of generics makes some code with (for example) TObjectList, with tons of typecasts and is/as operators etc. to make that list safe, or you must make wrapper around that list to make sure that only objects you expect will go into that list, but this adds, in some cases, very much of basically unneeded code 5. Class Completion-enhancement. I would love to give hints how Ctrl+Shift+C should Complete class. by writing property Prop1: Integer; // default I think property Prop2: Integer read F write Set; property prop3: Integer read F write F; property Prop4: Integer read Get; and It would use private member with name F+PropertyName, Get / Set gettera and setters would be automatically created if I specify it now I can make both but can't limit (as far as I know) it at this level I would like.) 6. D2007 will mess up my project files uses clause. (D6 did know how to handle this much better) I have .inc file which tells what to compile into the project. for example I have {$IFDEF USE_FASTMM}FastMM4,{$ENDIF} in the project files. When I add unit to the project all the ifdef-stuff disappears from uses clause. And have to manually fix it again. OO, these I came up with too much thinking, ones I feel are important/annoying, which I need to face almost every day in my work... Hope to get feedback, and even better that most of these are User errors and there already is all/most of this available, I just don't know it -Tommi Prami-
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 2007 Pro can't start

Hi. I have just bought Delphi 2007 Pro (The download version). It's downloaded and installed on my PC. Then I have registered the software. But when I try to open Delphi 2007 the IDE won't open. The ordinary Windows Error dialog box appears and the program has to be closed. Here is the following 2 errors I get. --- Exception EPackageRegistrationException in module coreide100.bpl at 000DA05D. Registration procedure, Dotnetreg.IDERegister in package c:\programmer\codegear\rad studio\5.0\bin\dotnetcoreide100.bpl raised exception class EOleSysError. OLE error 80131522, ClassID:{88487704-983C-4811-A96A-3DA723DD97AF} Do you want to attempt to load this IDE package the next time Codegear Delphi for Microsoft Windows run --- and --- Can't load package c:\programmer\codegear\rad studio\5.0\bin\TGIDE100.bpl (Borland Together IDE Integration). Exception EOleSysError in module rtl100.bpl at 00044A95 OLE error 80131522, ClassID: {46A75983-3834-436D-8A06-F5BEF75EF066} Do you want to attempt to load this IDE package the next time Codegear Delphi for Microsoft Windows run --- I have googlet after a solution and read in newsgroups but I haven't found a solution that solve the problem. -- I have installed Delphi 2007 six times now. One time on my laptop with Win XP Pro SP 2. No problems on this computer. 5 times on my stationary PC with Windows XP Pro SP 2. The last four times I have installed Delphi 2007 was on a clean and formated PC, where onlyWindows and the basic drivers were installed. But alle the 5 times I get the mentioned errors. I have googlet after a solution and read a couple of newsgroups but I haven't found a solution yet that solves the problem. Best regards Michael Srensen Denmark (Please bare over my bad english)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 Live Template Question

Does anyone know if there is a point element that insert a CR/LF Similar to |*| which inserts a tab
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

How add Others UML Diagram except for Class Diagram in Delphi 2007?

Delphi 2006 can add "Use Case Diagram" "Collaboration Diagram"... But Delphi 2007 at "Add New Diagram" only "Class Diagram" can be added. others diagram are disabled! I try 2007 to open 2006 demos project "UML-2.0.bdsproj", its show "The project can not be loaded because the required personality Design.Personality is not available" What is "Design.Personality" Can I add it into 2007 I need draw "Collaboration Diagram" in Delphi 2007, How THX!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Type Library D7 to D2007

, I am trying to port a Delphi 7 ActiveForm to Delphi 2007. Everything works great but everytime I minimize Delphi 2007 and maxmize it again, I get a popup messages saying that the type library is chenaged and needs reloading, even though nothing has changed. It is very annoying and If I do not get a solution I think I might just go back to D7 ... Please help ..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RAD 2007 compiles too much

I've put that slightly provocatively... ;-) My app uses some packages I've made myself--my own code or packages made by others that I've compiled. In all cases the package DPK, unit PAS, DCU, DCP and BPL live together in a directory for the package. Packages are segrated from one another. The BPLs are installed to RAD Studio. The app *does not* use runtime packages. The output directory for my VCL app is "debug." When I build the app, Delphi compiles not only the DCUs for my app, but also for PAS files in these packages, and leaves DCUs for them in my "debug" directory. I've added to the library, search, and browse paths the directories where the package's DCU, DCP and BPL files live, one after one, in an effort to understand why Delphi can't simply link the DCUs it finds. So I'm perplexed. My "natural" environment is C/C++. It seems to me I'm also asking why Delphi thinks it needs to mess with compiled code for which it has DCUs, so why not just link these or other compiled units
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Full version of Delphi 2007 for upgrade price of ?146!

I downloaded a trial version of Delphi sometime in the last year and this week I received two emails from CodeGear resellers offering me a cheap upgrade to the full version of Delphi 2007; see below. Im out of touch with Delphi as I havent done much with it recently but my initial thought was that if its being offered this cheaply it might be getting close to the end of the road. We have been asked by CodeGear as their strategic iance Partner to contact you regarding your recent trial download of Turbo Delphi 2006 Explorer Edition. With your recent download we can offer you an exclusive promotion from **** ******, you can purchase the full version of Delphi 2007 for the price of an upgrade. The full price for Delphi 2007 is normally 531.84, the upgrade price we are offering you is 145.92 - this means you will save over 70%! This offer is only available until 30th June 2008 and exclusive to customers who have downloaded a Turbo trial. prices are excluding VAT and include delivery. Price are accurate as of 25th June 2008 and are subject to change
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

optimising layout in RAD 2007: hide scrollbars & statusbar

RAD 2007 Is there an option to hide horizontal/vertical scrollbar in the editor Also is it possible to hide statusbar Maybe some keys in .dst (layout file) could do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Back to 2007

Well I am finally back to using 2007 after making my D7 Projects Vista compatable. However now that I am using it again there are a couple of things about it that are really starting to annoy me. I also have a new Vista machine. 1) When the IDE creates a new event handler it tries to place it ion the code in alphabetical order. D7 used to just append it to the end. I don't mind Codegear introducing new behaviour I just wish they had left the old behaviour in there and given me a choice. I much prefer just appending to the end. It makes it easier to organise my code. 2) The structure pane. Usually I dock this on the left side of my editor. When I hit F12 to toggle between the form and the code the structure pane does not toggle - it stays on the display of the form structure. I have to click on another unit tab, then click back in order to see the code structure. That gets old fast. 3) my forms paint really slowly when I have a lot of components. It seems the "big unit slowdown problem" is not fully resolved, even in the December Update. I supsect this is because there is a lot of .NET code in the IDE. I have D7 and D2007 on the same machine and the D7 IDE is vastly more responsive. The 2007 IDE has issues with panels not drawing on the screen, buttons whited out etc that D7 doesn't have. Note to Codegear - there are a lot of very ggod reasons I, and many others, are not using .NET. That's why we stuck with Delphi - we can compile native Win32 executables that are snappy and responsive. Hint, Hint. 4) Every time I close RAD studio I get an Access Violation in coreide100.bpl. Beats me why this is. These issues are minor, but extreemly irritating. Hopefully someone at Codegear will see fit to fix them soon. On the bright side getting a new machine and then having to reinstall RAD studio made the help start working again, though I had to patch Vista to get the D7 help working. Why the M$ brains trust wanted to drop support for .hlp files is beyond me. No wonder hates Vista. That Visual Studio style help and the M$ "Document Explorer" is Extra Super *&^%$#% Bugger Ugly. And slow. I know this isn't Codegears fault - I just felt the need to vent a little.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

D2007 Just installed and cannot dubug old projects

I have just installed RAD Studio 2007 and I am having trouble debugging old Delphi Win 32 projects (that debug fine in BDS 2006). When I press F8 i get the machine code debugger instead of my source code. Also, any breakpoints I set are invalid. New applications debug fine. I suspect it has something to do with 3 party components, but I have a lot of them installed and I don't know which one is causing this problem (if any). How can I find out what is causing this issue, and how do I fix it Using Rad Studio 2007 Pro. I assume that all the updates are installed. I executed the "Check for Updates" option that was put on the start menu and it says "No updates are avaliable"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Delphi 2007: backup configuration data

, Where can I find the file(s) with the configuration data of Delphi 2007, e.g. the Delphi layout, the library paths, etc... I want to update my VMWare backup system with the Delphi 2007 configuration of my development PC. I discovered that the code templates are in the "My Documents" folder.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there a Special Upgrade Price for BCB6 -> Rad Studio 2007 in the UK

I've just read the post on 26 June about an upgrade for 127, is there a special offer as good for BCB6 to Rad Studio 2007 I'm desperate to upgrade before RadStudio 2008 comes out (as I guess lots of my 3rd Party Libraries will need updating and a period to settle down after this release), but I can't seem to find any *really* good offers here in the UK. Hope someone can help Chris F
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I thought D2007 was supposed to address the 'dummy wndow' in Vista previews?

, Im probably missing something simple here but I have a D2007 app... Upgraded D7 project. But the application doesnt show as a live preview in the vista taskbar previews or in the 3d flip thingy. It just shows as a blank form or a blank form with a Dephi icon in the center. Id read this was caused by a hidden main form used in delphi applications and that this was corrected in D2007... so how do you get things working Inquiring minds and all. ;-)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

d2007 and packages

Hi all, I've recently started heavily using d2007 and decided to upgrade an application from d7 to d2007. The program makes exclusive use of RT Packages and in d7 I've had very few package related problems. I can't say the same for d2007. Are there any known IDE/Compiler problems with using packages under d2007 Here is a short list I've found just from my own experiences over the last couple of days: - IDE gets very confused when dealing with multiple packages. I've coverted a number of d7 packages for this application to d2007 and the new dproj files contain references to other packages that I'm not even working on at the moment. - design time packages have problems with .dcr files being listed in them. they constantly want to try and remove the file references, even though the .pas files are not listed in the package. - the d2007 compiler seems to barf alot with Internal compiler errors when trying to build applications, or even packages, with no reference as to what file could be causing the issue. Yet d7 has no problems with the exact same code base!! Am I in the minority with trying to use delphi to build applications using RT packages Any suggestions on how I can possibly track down and fix my package problems Ryan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Font.color don't change on d2007/vista

What's happening is very strange. On my Delphi 2007 enterprise registered version (updated to the last) installed on Vista Business sp1 I can't change the font color of many standard vcls like TRadioGroup, TCheckBox and others. Anyone who have experienced something like this Suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!