Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Delphi Programming

Making sure MainForm gets closed last  

Dear Group, I've run into the following problem: I'd like to store the state of different listviews (columns shown, width ofcolumns, etc.) in my program.I'd like to store the data in the database, so if the user logs-on from Continue Reading
Views : 152
Wednesday 19th of September 2012

Tiburon vs Tibur贸n  

Hi, Just curious... Was the name Tibur贸n chosen on purpose to denote Unicodesupport? Also: How many native English speaking developers can actually type theword Tibur贸n without the Alt+ process? ;-) Hint:... Continue Reading
Views : 72

Silly operalor precedence bug  

Consider these lines of code: if not Column in [4..6] thenColumn := 4; My intention was that if the Column variable held either 9 or 2 beforethis statement, it would end up containing 4 afterwards. It didn't. Continue Reading
Views : 90

CodeRage III   

Any news regarding CodeRage III? It should be an interesting one. Continue Reading
Views : 46

Sorting a TListview  

I'm scanning a directory for files and add all files into a TListview withtwo columns. Column1 holds the file name, Column2 the date on which the filewas created. The Listview is sorted by file creation date. Now, there is ofcourse a good chance... Continue Reading
Views : 63

32-bit on 64-bit  

營 have an app written in D7 that refuses to run on XP Pro x64 or Vistax64. It dies with "The application has encountered a problem and mustclose..." and it does this before anything shows. The app doesn't doanything particularly fancy but it does... Continue Reading
Views : 84

d2007 & runtime error 255  

I have an app that runs on a flash drive and one of the functions is tomake a clone of itself to a new flash drive. All that works fine. Atthe end I tell the user to put back the original flash drive orcontinue working on the new one. When the... Continue Reading
Views : 219

Suggest expanding maximum *set* size from 2^8 to 2^16 values  

Is it time to expand the maximum set size from the oldset's maximum size of 2^8 values (requiring a maximumof 32 bytes) to a maximum size of 2^16 values (requiringa maximum of 8192 bytes)? The set size has *not* grown in proportion... Continue Reading
Views : 142

Pre Delphi 2008-9 Unicode Do's and Dont's  

Has anyone posted information concerning do's and dont's for Unicode support inupcoming Delphi versions? It recent threads concerning Delphi/Unicode, I think the topic of being preparedfor Unicode has not been addressed so much, at least... Continue Reading
Views : 83

Rant: Don't want Unicode just give me a working IDE  

Today I had to install RAD Studio on my Vista notebook. I'll be on a trip tomake some system installation in another city and I'm going to use mynotebook as a mobile developement station. Anyway, I installed RAD studio(only Delphi for... Continue Reading
Views : 160

Anyone attending PDC in October  

Is anyone here going to Microsoft's PDC in LA in October? It would begood to meet up with some Delphi people. Continue Reading
Views : 88

Do I always have to use try ... finally to clean up in case of exceptions   

Hello I would like to use exceptions in my program to spare me all the checkes for thereturn code from various functions each time I call them. And also to make bugslike Access Violation look like they are handled and not crash my app.... Continue Reading
Views : 210

What I like about VS  

Hi! I'm new to VS and C#. Doing little projects in C# because we're implementingSharePoint solutions. But I'm a D7 day-to-day user. What I like about VS, it's all the "Solution" thing and how it works. For example, I create a... Continue Reading
Views : 158

What's new in Tiburon  

CodeGear has started blogging about things we will see in Tiburon: Continue Reading
Views : 155

How to find the reasons for Form's unloading/closing  

I have not been able to find any way for detecting the reasons forForm's unloading/closing. How can we find out the reason for which form is beingunloaded/closed...? OnClose event is not helpful here. I have managed to list the... Continue Reading
Views : 194

Fonts in MS Office  

I began my first new document with the new MS Word 2007. Whatimmediately strikes me is the default fonts used for the styles:Headings use Cambria font and Body text Calibri. What I have learned is that serif fonts are better in body text and... Continue Reading
Views : 34

TButton, TEdit now custom drawn  

Hi After looking at the sneak peak video.... Does that now mean, some ofthe standard controls are now custom drawn? TButton - now supports image, image padding and image positioningTBitBtn - is now obsoleate or simply become an... Continue Reading
Views : 106

Delphi and C++Builder 2009 Sneak Peek Videos  

The first two in a series of Tiburon sneak peek videos have been posted onour Developer Network web site Continue Reading
Views : 138

InstallAware: Is it going to stay  

Today I had to do a minor modification in my D2007 installation. I ran thesetup, chose Modify and asked it to removed IntraWeb from installedcomponents. No kidding, it took more than two hours and still waiting for itto finish. I just asked it to... Continue Reading
Views : 115

Record Size  

All, We have the following structure in Delphi 5: TMyRecord = recordInt1: integer;Int2: integer;Int3: integer;Date1: TDateTime;end; The size of this structure is 24 bytes (presumably since the record... Continue Reading
Views : 32

Book to support Delphi 2007 Course  

After almost a year, I finally got authorization to use Delphi 2007 fora new project. None of my customer's programmers "speak" Delphi, so I'mpreparing an intensive course for them, just to teach basics concepts sothey can understand my source code.... Continue Reading
Views : 217

Where to start  

Hi Whats the best way to get started with delphi for .NET? Surely there must be a good tutorial somewhere online as to how to work withthese .aspx pages? I'm using Turbo Delphi for .NET (2007 I think) cheers... Continue Reading
Views : 186

Tab width in a MessageDlg box  

I want to present some text in a simple MessageDlg function. The textis spaced out as the following example: Are you sure message here followed by some data list:field1 field2field1longer field2longer Continue Reading
Views : 66

What is the advantage  

Hi all, Can anybody tell me the What is the use of learning Delphi?Where I will implement it. Thanks Continue Reading
Views : 51

New Delphi Component  

Good Morning I am creating a new delphi componet whic is derived from TCustomGroupBox component.I have implemented some new properties in this component visibles in OBject inspector such as "Type" and "Status". Both prioperties are of Unumerated... Continue Reading
Views : 60

EOutOfResources Exception  

I have the following code running inside an indy 10 http server: procedure TServer.httpServerCommandGet(AThread: TIdContext; RequestInfo:TIdHTTPRequestInfo; ResponseInfo: TIdHTTPResponseInfo); .... bmp:=getBMP(); Continue Reading
Views : 101

TCollection Problem  

hi all I am converting the delphi application to c++ builder. I have making the class such asclass TClipCollection : public TCollection { private: TClipItem *GetItem(int Index); void SetItem(int Index,TClipItem... Continue Reading
Views : 40

D2006 - invalid variant type  

HelloI?ve a problem with TADOQuery control on Windows 2000. Whenever I try to post record?s changes that alters content of any of VARCHAR fields to the database (MS SQL 2005 Express) I got an error ?invalid variant type?. I?ve already tried different version of... Continue Reading
Views : 145

TJvDBUltimGrid sorting  

I've posted this to the components general group, but no response. I'm trying to learn how to sort a column using TJvDBUltimGrid, however, I'mgetting the following error when I click on a column: Project xxxxx raised exception class... Continue Reading
Views : 72

Blockwrite/Blockread dynamic arrays  

Hi everyone, don't mean to be beating a dead horse but I am stumpedabout how to get it done.My aim is to write a number of records in the form of a dynamic arrayto a binary file. I then plan to read into memory all the elements ofthe... Continue Reading
Views : 145