Re: How to make py2.5 distutil to use VC2005?

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM, \t\t\t wrote: > Well, IMO, the format of binary files generated by VC2003 and > VC2005 is compatible in most cases. Problem arise with the C runtime, not with object file ...
Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 09:23:18 PM Total Views:  44
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Python Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

where is the error?

, I'm trying to assign data into an array with the nonzero function. There is my code. from numarray import * diff_temp=(logical_and(values[:,5] > -2,values[:,5] < 2)).nonzero() This command works fine but when I apply the following, values_matchup=values_Stumpf[diff_temp_Stumpf,:] I have this ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

CAPI and thread safety

I am writing an extension module that needs to release the global interpreter lock during some blocking I/O calls, but I need a mutex in the C code to make some of the shared data in the extension module are ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: embedding and extending python C API registering callback handlerobjects

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Tim Spens wrote: > From: Tim Spens > Subject: Re: embedding and extending python C API registering callback handler objects > To: python-list@python.org , "Matimus" > Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 9:16 AM ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Design principles and architecture of an information transferstandard based on XML and SOAP

, So i'm just about to undertake my first real open source project, and I'm looking for a bit of advice. There's an oilfield standard called WITSML (Wellsite Information Transfer Standard Markup Language - witsml.org), it's basically a collection of ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how can I specify a timeout value to Semaphore.acquire()?

Not sure if this is related. But I found a "patch" to Python 2.4 to support adding "timeout" parameter to Semaphore.acquire() (http:// mail.python.org/pipermail/patches/2003-November/013796.html). However, when I try the "timeout" parameter on Python 2.5.1 running on Ubuntu 7.10 and I got ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Docutils 0.5 released

Short list of changes * Python2.1 support was dropped, as are Netscape0.4 compromises in the HTML writer. * Enhanced citation support and literal-block parametrization for LaTeX2e writer. * The PEP writer supports new python.org website structure and pep2pyramid.py. * New ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using the backing store with mmap

According to the mmap.mmap 2.5 documentation, "Changed in version 2.5: To map anonymous memory, -1 should be passed as the fileno along with the length." I would like to use shared memory to communicate between two processes that otherwise have ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unbuffered stdout/auto-flush

is there any way to get unbuffered stdout/stderr without relying on the -u flag to python or calling .flush() on each print (including indirect hacks like replacing sys.stdout with a wrapper that succeeds each write() with a flush())
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do i : Python Threads + KeyboardInterrupt exception

Hi all, I have a small python project i am working on. Basically i always have two threads. A "Read" thread that sits in a loop reading a line at a time from some input (Usually stdin) and then generating ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

regex \b behaviour in python

Hi all! Just a simple question about the behaviour of a regex in python. (I discussed this on IRC, and they suggest me to post here). I tried to split the string "walter ' cruz" using \b . In ruby, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Regular expression

Hi , here i have on textbox in which i want to restrict the user to not enter the 'acent character' like ( ) i wrote the program import re value="this is Praveen" #value = 'rich gerry' if(re.search(r"^[A-Za-z0-9]*$",value)): print ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PEP 372 -- Adding an ordered directory to collections

Abstract ======== This PEP proposes an ordered dictionary as a new data structure for the ``collections`` module, called "odict" in this PEP for short. The proposed API incorporates the experiences gained from working with similar implementations that exist in various ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

please critique my thread code

I wrote a Python program (103 lines, below) to download developer data from SourceForge for research about social networks. Please critique the code and let me know how to improve it. An example use of the program: prompt> python download.py ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

numpy: handling float('NaN') different in XP vs. Linux

I have a script: from numpy import float OutD=[] v=['3','43','23.4','NaN','43'] OutD.append([float(i) for i in v[1]]) On linux: Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Mar 7 2008, 04:10:12) [GCC 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)] on linux2 [john@andLinux ****ysis]$ python jnk.py [[3.0, 43.0, 23.399999999999999, nan, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: 'string'.strip(chars)-like function that removes from the middle?

On Jun 16, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Ethan Furman wrote: > Greetings. > > The strip() method of strings works from both ends towards the middle. > Is there a simple, built-in way to remove several characters from a > ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Avoiding redirects with urllib

I'musing urllib to download pages from a site. How can I detect if a given url is being redirected somewhere else I want to avoid this, is it possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RE: python screen scraping/parsing

Hi Paul...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: why can i still able to reproduce the SimpleHTTPServer bug whichis said fixed 3 years ago?

En Fri, 13 Jun 2008 04:02:48 -0300, Leo Jay escribi: > http://bugs.python.org/issue1097597 > > in my python 2.5.2, i still find these code in SimpleHTTPServer.py, > is that deliberate According to http://bugs.python.org/issue839496 it should have been corrected, but apparently ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

regex for balanced parentheses?

There's no regex that detects balanced parentheses, or is there That is, search('and so ((x+y)+z) = (x+(y+z))') should return '((x+y)+z)'. Not just a theoretical question, I'm cleaning up a large body of TeX code and a regex that did that ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: How to set directory in save as combo box

gopal mishra wrote: > In 'save as' dialog of window application, I am trying to set the path in > 'save in' combo box using python win32 programming. > How we can set the directory in the 'save in' combo ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!