Python too complex ?!?!?!

Had a unsettling conversation with a CS instructor that teaches at local high schools and the community college. This person is a long-term Linux/C/Python programmer, but he claims that the install, config, and library models for C# have proved to ...
Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 12:10:51 AM Total Views:  35
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Python Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

python 3.0 memory leaking?

the edgewall trac release 0.11 is blocked now since more than one month for a memory leak nobody is able to find, see http://groups.google.com/group/trac-...16e519da54f16b .. does python-3.0 improve something to avoid writing memory leaking applications rupert....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

What is the most simple, quicket, yet most powerful pythonWeb-Framework?

, I'm trying to build a simple web application, but i still need things like sessions and Ajax. I tried to create a Zope product, but I honestly can't think of anything more cryptic. I really don't enjoy learning all ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

piping into a python script

(Gnu/Linux - Python 2.4/5) Given these two examples: 1. ../fui.py *.py 2. ls *.py | ./fui.py How can I capture a list of the arguments I need to get all the strings (file or dir names) passed via the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: python modules collection

2008/1/30, J. Peng : > , > > Is there a site for python,which collects most kinds of python modules > like CPAN for Perl. > Sometime I want to use a module,like the time/date modules,don't know > where I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: paging in python shell

That seems interesting but it's not quite what I want to do. To take an example I would like to be able to do something similar to the mysql shell when its pager is set to less. Displayhook is called ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

port forwarding: python scrypt or C ?

Anyone aware of something that I could test my new DSL modem with. when I finally unlocked it ( Siemens 4200 ) some setting I saw made me wonder if it is filtering at all, but tiberian sun internet play ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

python24 symbol file...pyhon24.pdb

I've seen a few references on the net to a python24.pdb file. I assume it's a symbol file along the lines of the pdb files issued by microsoft for their products. Maybe I'm wrong. Has anyone seen such an animal ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

paging in python shell

, Does anyone know if the python shell supports paging or if I should look into iPython Thank you so much. Alex...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: python scripts with IIS

Adding the following lines before your print statement should do the trick. IIS complains about the headers, so adding headers should help. print "Content-Type: text/html" # HTML is following print # blank line, end of headers william paul wrote: > ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with python shell

I just upgraded my Python install up to version 2.5.1 (from 2.4.x) using source code and compiling. Everything went fine until I enter the command line mode and press any arrow keys. When I press UP arrow, I was getting ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

wxpython-wx.CheckListBox: changing item bacgkground color

Hi ! In my application (under windows) I'm using a wx.checklistbox. I would like the background color of an item to become red whenever an EVT_LISTBOX_DCLICK occurs. Is there any simple way to achieve it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: where do my python files go in linux?

On Jan 12, 2008 10:13 AM, Jorgen Bodde wrote: > I thought about that too. I just wonder why /usr/local/bin is always > empty and every .deb I install from a source (if it's from Ubuntu or > not) ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Default location of python on OS X

I've installed the latest 2.5 python today from python.org, and I think it ended up in "/Applications/MacPython 2.5". I also have a "/Applications/MacPython 2.4" and a "/Applications/ MacPython-2.4". Can I delete these, or did one of them come with Leopard ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

python interfaces

Probably it has been asked before, but I'll still ask. Why doesn't python provide interfaces trough its standard library Or it was ever proposed to be included in the language Zope's implementation seems pretty flexible and straightforward.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

cloud computing (and python)?

So, in between skiing runs I noticed a Business Week cover story on "cloud computing". The article had lots of interesting information in it like about how somebody's mom used to be an airline stewardess and the interior decor of ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: socket in python with proxies

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:38:03 +1100, Astan Chee wrote: > I have a proxy server that requires authentication on a non-standard >port and Im trying to connect to it via socket.connect() >I tried doing this: >import socket >server ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Finite State Machine GUI editor in python?

I have spent some time googling and on wiki and came up with pyFSA in python. It may end up being useful, but it is not directly what I am looking for, as there is no GUI that I can ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

python vs perl performance test

First, let me admit that the test is pretty dumb (someone else suggested it but since I am new to Python, I am using it to learn how to write efficient code. my $sum = 0; foreach (1..100000) { my ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

python/regex question... hope someone can help

I have a list of strings. These strings are previously selected bigrams with underscores between them ('and_the', 'nothing_given', and so on). I need to write a regex that will read another text string that this list was derived from and ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

"finding hostid with python"

I,m searching for a way to obtain hostid in windows. Any ideas...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!