Pygame error

Quote: Originally Posted by coldDeath huh What do you mean by that Sane can get .mp3 and .mid sound files to play with pygame. I just get errors even with the latest version (1.7.1).

Hard to believe that pygame1.7.1 for windows and python24 should not install properly. You may want to delete that old pygame folder manually and reinstall!
Posted On: Friday 28th of December 2012 05:25:26 AM Total Views:  241
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Python Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

win32: emulating select() on pipes

hi i'm trying to figure out if a pipe on win32 has data for me to read. this is the code i've come up with: def poll(self, timeout, interval = 0.2): """a poor man's version of select() on win32""" from ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

ZSI and attachments

Hi , I wonder if the newest ZSI has support for attachments Last time I checked (about a year ago) this feature was missing. I desperately need it. Alternatively, is there any other SOAP lib for python that can handle ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

smtplib & gnupg

, at the moment my program sends mail with smtplib. Is there a chance to sign and/or encode/cipher this mails with GnuPG If yes, does anyone have some sample code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

arrays in lists

Hi! I have a list of arrays and want to find an array with list.index(x). Is that possible. I get an ValueError: The truth value of an array with more than one element is ambiguous. Use a.any() or a.all() For ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

've collected huge source codes collection of any kinds

, I've collected huge source codes collection of any kinds : work with text files, database, GUI etc. You can download it here http://freactor.com/get.phpfile=Python+source+code...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: Extracting path of a program from a list.

En Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:15:58 -0300, aditya shukla escribi: > I wanna know how can i extract path of a program whose path i have added > to > the PATH variable. > > This is what i ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

mmap and ctypes

Hi all, I have a mmap and a data structure in it. I know the structure's location in the mmap and what structure it is. It has a ctypes definition. I want to initialize a ctypes object to point to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

shyam

E-mail:shyamala1010@gmail.com web - http://www.shyamalaindian.blogspot.com/...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Insert character at a fixed position of lines

Francesco Pietra wrote: > How to insert letter "A" on each line (of a very long list of lines) > at position 22, i.e., one space after "LEU", leaving all other > characters at the same position as in the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: maximum value in a column of file

Maurizio wrote... > the problem is that i don't know how to put the column of the file in an > array. (i'm new in phyton). Give us an example of how your file looks, and what you want to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Earn 25 US$ in just 5 minutes . . .

Earn 25 US$ in just 5 minutes . . . You can earn 25 US$ in just 5mins from now, please follow the simple steps: It's absolutely free to join. Step 01 CLICK HERE (both, one by one) http://www.awsurveys.com/HomeMain.cfmRefID=sonub1001 http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfmRefID=hello.sucho ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Interesting Math Problem

I've been awfully busy programming lately. My Django-based side project is coming along well and I hope to have it ready for use in a few weeks. Please don't ask more about it, that's really all I can say for ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

File browser in python gui

hi there, I've started to build a GUI for my Mailsweeper by the help of QT4 Designer. I came across the problem that there isn't any prebuild file browser like Kdialog. I know some other sample, but PyGTK builded. I'm ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

so funny...

http://sitscape.com/topic/funny Just keep hit the "Surprise->" button there for amazing fun. Click on "channel" will show you other topics, lots of fun!...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SWIG Python undefined reference

I went through the SWIG tutorial for the example named "simple". I managed to get to the first step, creating example_wrap.c using swig, and doing: "gcc -fpic -c example_wrap.c -IC:\python24\include " to create example_wrap.o But when I needed to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Control process execution

Hi all, I am trying to create a test environment to a couple C applications (simple UDP and TCP server/clients), so I want to write this in python and I m looking for ways to do it. Basically I need ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

lock access to serial port

hello group, how to get ttyS0 serial port for exclusive access I have a python script that uses this device with AT commands. I need that two instances can call simultaneosuly this python script but only one of them gets ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Merging a patch/diff generated by difflib?

I'm trying to create an undo/redo feature for a webapp I'm working on (django based). I'd like to have an undo/redo function. My first thought was to use the difflib to generate a diff to serve as the "backup", ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Unicode/UTF-8 confusion

I appreciate the answers the community has provided, I think I need to add some additional context. I use a trick to let me pass the information into my browser client application. The browser requests the server information from a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: how to pass the workspace ?

Gary Herron wrote: > Stef Mientki wrote: >> hello, >> >> I've GUI tree with drag and drop nodes, >> where each nodes contains a code snippet. >> Now I want to run one or more branches in that tree, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

TRAC - Trac, Project Leads, Python, and Mr. Noah Kantrowitz(sanitizer)

Essence: * Trac is deficient, cause of "proud to be an egoism driven amateur" developers * Python and it's communities is excellent for learning. Not programming, but to "learn from deficiency", community organization, transparency, efficiency etc.! * Do it in ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Question on importing wxPython

python-2.3.5 wx-2.6 I just bought the wxPython In Action book and I see that all the examples say to import wx of our pre-existing code was horribly doing a from wxPython import * I changed all the code so ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[OT] Valid Mail addresses modifications (WAS: Re: Looping through thegmail dot trick)

Martin Vilcans wrote: > Try the SMTP spec. IIRC there's a passage there that says that the > server should try to make sense of addresses that don't map directly > to a user name. Specifically, it says that firstname.lastname ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

subprocess.Popen spawning cmd shells

I'm currently writing a python program that relies on a CLI program. What I'm currently doing is using subprocess.Popen on Python 2.5.1. Here's the line that I'm currently running: child = subprocess.Popen(["c:\app.exe", node, "-w", str(tmpTime * 1000), '-n', str(1), ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

how to build a dict including a large number of data

hi i'm a newbie to python i have a binary file named test.dat including 9600000 records. the record format is int a + int b + int c + int d i want to build a dict like this: ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: How do you pass compiler option to setup.py install?

Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper wrote: > Dear Experts, > > How do you pass the -c option to setup.py install Specifically, when I try > to install zope.interfaces version 3.3 from source on a windows machine, I > get a message about ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: arrays in lists

No problem here too. Using python 2.5 on Ubuntu Gutsy and the newest NumPy 2007/12/17, Robert Kern : > Peter Stahlir wrote: > > Hi! > > > > I have a list of arrays and want to find an ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

reloading modules and isinstance()

I am using a software system with an embedded Python interpreter (version 2.3) for scripting. The KcsPoint2D.py module contains a Point2D class with the following method: def SetFromMidpoint(self, p1, p2): if not isinstance(p1, Point2D) or not isinstance(p2, Point2D): raise TypeError, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: implement random selection in Python

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 16:47 -0800, Bruza wrote: I think I need to explain on the probability part: the "prob" is a > relative likelihood that the object will be included in the output > list. So, in my example ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Web crawler on python

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 8:13 AM, yura wrote: > I need simple web crawler, I found Ruya, but it's seems not currently > maintained. Does anybody know good web crawler on python or with > python interface ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Test, please ignore.

Test, please ignore....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

exit()

In Python 2.5.2, I notice that, in the interpreter or in a script, I can exit with: exit() But I don't see exit() mentioned as a built-in function; rather the Python Library Reference says we should use sys.exit(). Also, the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

How Compute # of Days between Two Dates?

That's the question in Subject. For example, the difference between 08/29/2008 and 09/03/2008 is +5. The difference between 02/28/2008 and 03/03/2008 is 4, leap year--extra day in Feb. I'm really only interested in years between, say, 1990 and 2050. In ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

subclassing complex

I have been trying to subclass complex, but I am not able to get the right-hand arithmetic operators working. As shown below, if an object of my subclass 'xcomplex' is added on the right of a 'comlex' object, the type ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: list/tuple/dict question

bruce wrote: > a dict doesn't seem to work, as it is essentially a series of key/values, > which isn't exactly what i want... so what do you think a variable namespace is as usual, Python works best if you ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

format string to certain line width

! I'm trying to find a way to print out a long string (>400 characters no spaces, tabs or newlines) to a line width of 60 characters. So after every 60 characters a newline would start. Is it possible to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Find class of an instance?

Neal Becker schreef: > Sounds simple, but how, given an instance, do I find the class I always do that with .__class__, not sure whether it is the best way: >>> class A: .... pass .... >>> a = A() ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

EuroSciPy - First Slides Online

Greetings, The conference is just a bit more than two weeks ahead. I am happy to announce that the first slides are available. They can be found at the conference page: http://www.scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008 There is a link "slides" marked with an ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: related to python

This looks like a homework assignment, but... On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM, salil_reeves wrote: > develop a function called standardise_phrase to convert > the user's input to a standard form for subsequent processing. This > involves: ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Learning question...

Any idea why the following program does not work I was learning IO on Python and the following generates a TypeError: range() integer end argument expected, got str. I am a beginner. ################################ # print input name (str k), j ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do you know of a much simpler way of writing a program that writes aprogram?

Here is asample program that writes a program and then executes it. Do you knowof a much simpler way of writing a program that writes a program """ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name: _writePythonCode.py Purpose: This script writes Python code and thentransfers control ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Can't see variables declared as global in a function

Jacob Davis wrote: > Hi. > > I have a hundred lines of code in a module that declare some global > variables inside a function so that those variables can be used by > other functions. I want to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ILeo (IPython-Leo bridge); a marriage made in heaven?

Here is something cool that will rock your world (ok, excuse the slight hyperbole): Introduction ============ The purpose of ILeo, or leo-ipython bridge, is being a two-way communication channel between Leo and IPython. The level of integration is much deeper ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error messages when using the Console Module

I am developing code using the effbot Console module, which gives control over the Windows terminal settings. My problem is that while this module redirects standard output to a new console window, it seems to redirect standard error messages to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A GUI framework for running simulations

! I am currently working on writing a simulation engine for special relativity physics. I'm writing it in Python, of course. I'm doing fine with the engine, but I want a GUI framework in which I could use it conveniently, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

InstallShield file properties issues

I am using Install Shield 11 express to create an upgrade package (msi) and came across an issue i.e. when installer installs the package it changes the created date of the files to modified date (changes created date with ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Monkey patching new style classes

"David Coffin" wrote in message news:95d1d5660711290359s40274b40tb84415cc006c0001@mail.gmail.com... | Is it possible to add an attribute to a new style class where the name of | that attribute is determined at runtime >>> class C(object): pass >>> setattr(C,'a',1) >>> C.a 1 ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Socket error?

while i try to run some programs it gives me error messages . At first it wasn't so frequent but now its so frequent . The error goes like this . (Toggle Plain Text) Connection refused : Socket Error . Connection refused : Socket Error .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Python IDE

I'm on a seemingly eternal quest for a good and free python IDE. My criteria:Syntax Highlighting Autocompletion/tooltips Integrated and user-friendly debugger Integrated shell that can be restarted independently of the editor I've used IDLE, Pywin, Py (part of wxPython), DrPython and SPE. I like SPE, but the debugger is the powerful but (to me, at least) unwieldy winpdb and the shell can't be restarted without closing the editor. Also, the integrated Pychecker doesn't seem to work on my system. Any recommendations , DrPython does all of the above. What don't you like about it You have to install a few plug-ins (download and install from within DrPython). , Quote: Have you used it Indeed I have. I do almost all of my C++ development on it, and keep up to date with relevant updates concerning it. Half of the features you mentioned there are KatePart specific, and were not requested as features required in the IDE... Quote: Originally Posted by Silvanus Autocompletion/tooltips Nope. Quote: Originally Posted by Silvanus Integrated and user-friendly debugger Quote: Originally Posted by iignatus Debugger Check. What Where Show me where the Python debugger is.. last time I checked, KDevelop can only make use of valgrind or gdb with C++. Quote: Integrated shell that can be restarted independently of the editor If you mean Python shell, then no. KDevelop does embed a KonsolePart that can, obviously, be used independantly of the editor (Menu->Run->`konsole`), but Konsole is a terminal, not a Python shell. , Quote: Integrated python shell right there, no I think he's talking about graphical shells like PyCrust/IDLE. Thats what it sounds like, at least.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

suggestions please

hello !I want to learn python. what all tools do I need what is the best book for it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!