bgl Python on Mac OS X

I'm trying to build this. I've downloaded the boost libraries (version
1.34) and run configure, make and sudo make install without errors.

Then I've downloaded bgl-python (0.9) and, as instructed, found the
bjam executable from the boost hierarchy, copied it somewhere
convenient and run it in the bgl-python directory. That gave me this
error:

Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find "boost-build.jam"
---------------------------------------------------------------
Attempted search from /Users/pzs/incoming/bgl-python-0.9 up to the
root
and in these directories from BOOST_BUILD_PATH and BOOST_ROOT: /usr/
share/boost-build.
Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.

So I set $BOOST_ROOT to be the root of the boost 1.34 directory and
tried bjam again. This time I get:

error: Could not find parent for project at '.'
error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any parent
directory.

Any ideas

Peter

Posted On: Monday 5th of November 2012 02:50:55 AM Total Views:  373
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Python Programming PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Any python module for Traversing HTML files

Any python module for navigating and selecting, parsing HTML files
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

condor_compiled python interpreter

Does anyone know where I could find help on condor_compiling a python interpreter My own attempts have failed, and I can't find anything on google. Here's the condor page: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: need help with converting c function to python function

On Jul 6, 3:32 am, nephish wrote: > hello all, > > i have a c function from some modbus documentation that i need to > translate into python. > > it looks like this: > > unsigned short CRC16(puchMsg, usDataLen) > unsigned char *puchMsg ; > unsigned short usDataLen ; > { > unsigned char uchCRCHi = 0xFF ; > unsigned char uchCRCLo = 0xFF ; > unsigned uIndex ; > while (usDataLen--) > { > uIndex = uchCRCHi ^ *puchMsgg++ ; > uchCRCHi = uchCRCLo ^ auchCRCHi[uIndex} ; > uchCRCLo = auchCRCLo[uIndex] ; > } > return (uchCRCHi > } > > some of it i can make out, but i can't seem to figgure out > this part ' auchCRCHi[uIndex}; > it looks like a typo, because there is a closing } that does not match > the opening [. Yes, that's one problem. The other problems are: (1) you haven't noticed that auchCRClo is *NOT* the same as uchCRClo (ditto "hi"). (2) the C code is missing global declarations, something like this: unsigned char auchCRCLo[256] = { yadda yadda yadda}; /* ditto "hi" */ These two tables of 8-bit constants correspond to the single "table" of 16-bit constants in the reference that Anton gave you. Aside: the code looks like it was originally Z80 assembly language subsequently transliterated into BDS C (of blessed memory). (3) you have misread/mistranslated auchCRCLo[uIndex] blindly and unconcernedly as uchCRCLo ^ uIndex !!! (ditto "hi") > > here is what i have so far, but is not giving me the right values > > def crc16(data): > crc_hi = 0xff > crc_lo = 0xff > for x in data: > crc_index = crc_hi ^ x > crc_hi = crc_lo ^ (crc_hi | crc_index) > crc_lo = crc_lo | crc_index > return (crc_hi > whaddya think I don't think you really want to know :-)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

login http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi broken ?

tried reseting password but i can not login anymore to upload my new source code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Get the current date, python 2.2

Using python 2.2 what is the simplest way to get the current date value I have looked in so many places. The question is often asked and the usual response indicates how to get the current date and time like now = time.localtime() I want just the date, like 2007-06-15. The value will go into a postgresql Date type column. Also, if postgres field of this type is set to time.localtime(), is the time portion of the date discarded, or stored 'invisibly', of will there be an error of some type Just thought someone here might know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Reading image dimensions before it is loaded from a web form usingpython.

, I am writing an application using python that allows the user to upload an image to a folder on the server. Is there a way to get the size of the file before it has been uploaded onto the server and give an error if the size does not comply to the maximum size. So far, my apps loads the image and checks it and then returns an error if the image is too big. Which is a bit pointless in that I should be able to get the file info before it is loaded, but I am not sure where to go. PIL reads the image size before it is loaded, but this is when I run this on my local machine. There is also a post http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...ay/323018.html by Will McGugan where he loads 1px and rejects it if its too big. But his apps is an image scraper, so I suppose it fits his use case where he checks the size and then pulls the image if it fits. Anyone with ideas on how to deal with this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: Trying to choose between python and java

I read in this thread lots of different (hopefully personal) opinions on the question of Java vs Python, so I thought I will post mines too (with the amendment that I am a Java guy, spending there more than 10 years). I don't think you can do a performance comparison upfront (without having it completely flawed :-) ). There are lots of important aspects that you need to take into consideration while doing such a comparison (startup time, gc configurability and performance, many many others), and I think the only one that is fair is the one your would get for your specific type of app. And the same applies for the speed of development/maintenance/etc. As with any other programming language: it has its own strong points and weak points. This applies to both Java and Python. And I don't think anybody on this list will be able to tell you upfront which one is a better fit for your app (at least not if they don't have an idea about your environment, your existing pl knowledge, your app, etc.). bests, ../alex -- ..w( the_mindstorm )p.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

profiling a C++ python extension

I have used gprof to profile stand alone C++ programs. I am also aware of pure python profilers. However, is there a way to get profile information on my C++ functions when they are compiled in a shared library (python extension module) and called from python. From what I can tell, gmon.out will not be generated unless the entire executable (python interpreter) was compiled with -pg. Is my only solution to recompile the python interpreter with -pg so that my extension module (also compiled with -pg) produces a gmon.out Any suggestions or tips would be helpful. Matt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

How to Machine A python script execute Machine B python script?

Anyone know how I can make Machine A python script execute a python script on Machine B , half.italian wrote: > On Jul 8, 6:45 pm, johnny wrote: > > Anyone know how I can make Machine A python script execute a python > > script on Machine B > > xmlrpc will work. Or pyro http://pyro.sourceforge.net/ Pyro is short for PYthon Remote Objects. It is an advanced and powerful Distributed Object Technology system written entirely in Python, that is designed to be very easy to use. Never worry about writing network communication code again, when using Pyro you just write your Python objects like you would normally. With only a few lines of extra code, Pyro takes care of the network communication between your objects once you split them over different machines on the network. the gory socket programming details are taken care of, you just call a method on a remote object as if it were a local object! -- Nick Craig-Wood -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: Why isn't this query working in python?

On May 25, 11:28 am, Carsten Haese wrote: > On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 09:51 -0500, Dave Borne wrote: > > > I'm trying to run the following query: > > ... > > > member_id=%s AND expire_date > NOW() AND completed=1 AND (product_id > > > Shouldn't you be using the bind variable '' instead of '%s' > > The parameter placeholder for MySQLdb is, indeed and unfortunately, %s. > The OP is using parameter substitution correctly, though in an > obfuscated fashion. 'sql' is a misnamed tuple containing both the query > string *and* the parameters, which is being unpacked with '*' into two > arguments to the execute call. > > The only problem I see is that the parameters should be a sequence, i.e. > (self.uid,) instead of just (self.uid). > > HTH, > > -- > Carsten Haesehttp://informixdb.sourceforge.net I tried adding the comma to make it a sequence - but now change. ('SELECT payment_id FROM amember_payments WHERE member_id=%s AND expire_date > NOW() AND completed=1 AND (product_id >11 AND product_id
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: Multiline lamba implementation in python.

Josh Gilbert wrote: > I don't expect multiline lambdas to be added to Python. I'm not so sure that > that's a bad thing. Regardless, isn't it possible to write your own Yes, it is a bad thing. Why Because it would another way to do something you can do in other way. The *only* big value of lambda is than you can code a function in a small place, like: bt = Button(...,...,..., lambda evt: None) If you want to grow that in multiline, just use a named function: def multilinefunct(...): ... Remember that the *only* difference between the two functions is that one is anonymous, and for other you have to came up with a name (name that if is well thought, actually adds readibility to your code).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

How does mod_python know where's Python installed ?

I recently setup mod_python successfully and things work smooth. However, I do not remember telling mod_python where to find Python installation. There's not environment variable which gives that information. As such how does mod_python know where to find Python When I print sys.path in my scripts it contains my python installation folder. I'm wondering how does Apache/mod_python get this information I'm running Apache 2.2 on windows. -Puneet.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

visual gui ides for python/jythpn

Are there any free visual GUI IDE's available for python/jython, which have a drag and drop form designer similar to Visual Studio or Delphi Cheers kromakey
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Can python access windows clipboard

Can I use python to copy something(like a string) to the clipboard, so that I can paste it somewhere else. Is there a way to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: using boost to extend python with c++

Please see http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2007/05/16666.php -- the solution is to add "using python ;" to tools/build/v2/user-config.jam.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Multiple python interpreters within the same process

How do I use multiple Python interpreters within the same process I know there's a function Py_NewInterpreter. However, how do I use functions like Py_RunString etc. with it They don't take any arguments that would tell on which interpreter to run the string... Marcin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Help needed with translating perl to python

I have a perl script which connect to network stream using sockets. The scripts first logins in to the server and then parses the data comming from the socket. Statement 1: my $today = sprintf("%4s%02s%02s", [localtime()]->[5]+1900, [localtime()]->[4]+1, [localtime()]->[3]) ; Statement 2: my $password = md5_hex("$today$username") ; Statement group 3: $msglen = bcdlen(length($msg)) ; sub bcdlen { my $strlen = sprintf("%04s", shift) ; my $firstval = substr($strlen, 2, 1)*16 + substr($strlen, 3, 1) ; my $lastval = substr($strlen, 0, 1)*16 + substr($strlen, 1, 1) ; return chr($firstval) . chr($lastval) ; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

How to save python codes in files?

Im working with Python 2.2 on my red hat linux system. Is there any way to write python codes in separate files and save them so that i can view/edit them in the future Actually I've just started with python and would be grateful for a response. Thanx!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

Does python 2.3.3 pty module has a bug?

System: Solaris Python version: 2.3.3 For a automation job, I used pexpect module together with python for creating a ftp session automatically and downloading the file. I notice that after closing the child. The file descriptor is not closed (check /proc//fd) After running the script for a while, I start seeing too many files open error. I have a development machine running Linux using python 2.3.3. I execute the same code on it. The file descriptor is closed everytime after the pexpect child is closed. My question is - Is this a bug with pty module for solaris for python 2.3.3 Appreciate your comments
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

RE: Changing the names of python keywords

, I on working on windows and Python 2.4. Where can I find and CHANGE python grammar. ( I just want to change the keywords ) PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!