Windows amenities

I've found an example online that shows how to handle Systray behaviour in Windows, so that's not too much of a problem. What I -do- need to know is how to make a Tk app disappear from the Alt-Tab task ...
Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 08:39:18 PM Total Views:  102
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Is there a way to find a complied net:ssh2 module for ms windows environment

I tried to find a net:ssh2 module and add it to the perl module, I I found it in http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Net/ and follow the instruction but I still have problem to get it complied. Is there a way to find a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

SSH on windows

In the last week I'm trying to use Net::SSH unsuccessfully (Windows). when trying to compile: use Net::SSH; my $ssh = new Net::SSH($host, [options]); $ssh->login('user', 'pass'); my ($out, $err, $exit) = $ssh->cmd('ls'); I receive (after editing Perl.pm) : Global symbol ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unable to use perl on windows

I have downloaded and installed active perl.Its in C:/Perl .The path c:/perl/bin is present in my path variable but still when I type perl in C: the command is not recognized.However, if i change directory to c:/perl/bin and type perl ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to imbed an external windows application in a widget?

Hi all, I've just finished a tk UDP application. I was going to add on to this a graphical display of the UDP throughput. However, i found a small free application (netmeter.exe) which does this perfectly so in the long ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Centering windows on screen

I'm OK with Perl but a Perl/Tk newbie. For good or bad, my bible is O'Reilly's 'Mastering Perl/Tk'. I can't understand why folk would want windows to pop up anwhere on screen - usually it's up towards the top left ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

windows perl help

On unix, I have written a perl script to convert dos text files to unix files that was pretty simple stuff. I want to do the same thing on a windows box BEFORE transferring the file across from Windows to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: perltray/tk intercept windows minimize function

I thought I had this one settled. The order of execution for Maximize within the code below causes the window to be sized without regard to the width of the task bar. Its draws a portion of the window behind ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: perltrak/tk intercept windows minimize function

Listmail writes: >Is there anyway to intercept when the user clicks the Minimize button on >a tk window and call >$mw->withdraw instead I understand that the Minimize function is part >of the Windows OS >window manager subsystem. I believe ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

cgi.pm install problem on windows 2000

. I'm running a Windows 2000 Server with IIS 5. i've got activestate perl v.5.8.7 installed. I also have MySQL 5 installed and running as well. I'd like to use Myadmin to administer my databases. I've installed cgi.pm as needed ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tk and xdefaults on windows (prompted by Re: Tk's lack of "chrome")

Hans Jeuken writes: >> I well thought out set of xresources can help X11 >> for sure. Windows might be a little more tricky >> as core tk (as currently ported) aims to use "native look". >> > >A ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I have a problem displaying a GIF image in windows BUT not in linux!!!

the images I am displaying are GIF. Some of the images appear distorted and cropped when displayed. However, others are displayed perfectely. the images appear normal in linux. Perhaps it's a problem with a driver Here is the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

monitor windows processes

Does anyone know how to monitor the existance of a process running in windows task manager. Basically I want to start another process only if the previous has finished and the script runs in windows.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

perl send mail - windows TK

hello,I have a problem with sends e-mail with "Lite" in an graphical interface with "TK".My program lists the file, in a file, all the files which are in the file as well as under files. This file in continuation is sent by smtp to the recipient who one wishes via the graphical interface.code:#!/usr/local/bin/perluse Tk; #Utilisation de Tkuse MIME::Lite;#use Net::SMTP;#Cration de la fentre principale$fen = MainWindow->new();#Dfinition de la taille min de la fentre$fen->minsize('500','400');#Dfinition du title de la fentre$fen->title("Interface Tk avec Perl");#Cration de la barre de menu$barre_menu = $fen->Frame(-relief => 'groove' , -borderwidth => 2);#Cration de la barre du menu gnral$menu_gen = $barre_menu->Menubutton(-text => 'Application' ,-font => '{Garamond} 10',-tearoff => 0 ,-menuitems => [[ 'command' ]]);#Affichage du menu gnral gauche$menu_gen->pack(-side => 'left');#Affichage de la barre de menu en haut de la fentre$barre_menu->pack(-side => 'top', -anchor => 'n', -fill => 'x');#Cration de notre barre de statut l'aide d'un Label$barre_statut = $fen->Label(-relief => 'groove', -text => " World", -font => '{Garamond} 10');# nom$n01 = 'Christian';$n02 = 'Marc';$n03 = 'Cyril';#Cration d'un label qui affichera le rsultat de la slection$fen->Label(-relief => 'groove',-textvariable => $selectValue, #Variable contenant l'option dans la liste de slection-font => '{Garamond} 10')->pack(-fill => 'both',-padx => '5',-pady => '5');#Cration de la liste de slection$fen->Optionmenu(-options => [ $n01, $n02, $n03, ],-command => sub {#print "choix : ", @_, "n"nom(@_);}, #procdure de nom-textvariable => $selectValue #Dfinition de la variable qui rcupre la slection)->pack();#Ajout de notre bouton la fentre$fen->Button(-text => 'Send', #Texte du bouton-font => '{Garamond} 10', #Nom et taille de la police utilise-command => &clic #Action qui modifie notre variable)->pack(-pady => '5', #Marge externe du bouton-padx => '5',-ipady => '5', #Marge interne du bouton-ipadx => '5',);# Create three Radiobuttons in Frame widget $f1# Link them using $favcolorforeach (qw/vtx bluewin free/) {$fen->Radiobutton(-text => $_, -variable => $choixsmtp,-value => $_)->pack(-fill => 'x', -expand=>1, -anchor => 'w');}#On l'ajoute en bas de la fentre afin de lui donner l'effet barre de statut$barre_statut->pack( -side => 'bottom', -fill => 'both');MainLoop;#Dfinition de notre fonction de fermeture de l'applicationsub Quitter{exit(0);}#Dfinition de notre fonction de fermeture de l'applicationsub nom{#print "choix : ", @_, "n";$nom = @_[0];#print "choix : $nom n";#$barre_statut -> configure ( -text => "nom") ;#$barre_statut -> configure ( -text => $nom) ;if( $nom == $n01 ){$barre_statut -> configure ( -text => $nom)}elsif( $nom == $n02 ){$barre_statut -> configure ( -text => $nom)}elsif( $nom == $n03 ){$barre_statut -> configure ( -text => $nom)}else{print "choix : de condition inconnuen";}print "choixsmtp : $choixsmtpn";}my $Repertoire = ".";my @LesFichiers = ListersFichiers($Repertoire);#listemy $txtnom = "liste.txt";open OUT, ">$txtnom" or die "$!";my @liste;my $taille = scalar(@liste);my $i = 0;my $ligne;while ($i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 24th November 2012
View Replies!

Example for open3 on windows?

, I tried to forward input, output and error of a command to files using open3 on windows. I used the following code: open(F_IN, "<$f_in"); open(F_OUT, ">$f_out"); open(F_ERR, ">$f_err"); my $pid = open3(\*F_IN, \*F_OUT, \*F_ERR, "$command"); waitpid($pid, 0); Anything, this ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

perltrak/tk intercept windows minimize function

Is there anyway to intercept when the user clicks the Minimize button on a tk window and call $mw->withdraw instead I understand that the Minimize function is part of the Windows OS window manager subsystem. google shows similar questions have ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

how to run a script at remote location (windows-->linux)

I would like to run perl script on linux machine from windows perl script. Can any body help me out on this regard, is there any module which takes care of this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: perltray/tk intercept windows minimize function

I appreciate the response, I was able to clean up some code and I removed the Win32Util module altogether. I've been trying to understand the bit AND operation and how it removes the buttons. I was trying to remove just ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Scrolling text with embedded windows

Hi all, This is probably easy, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have an ROText box with embedded widgets (some frames and a few buttons). Mousewheel scrolling works a treat in the actual text box, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

installing www::mechanize on a windows98 machine

I am trying to install www::mechanize went through the instructions sstated on cpan.org loaded perl -MCPAN -e shell install WWW::Mechanize::Cached perl is installed on my machine at c:/perl/ but for some strange reason I get this on trying to run ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

installing LWP::UserAgent on windows

"Nospam" writes: > I have ActivePerl 5.8.4.810on win98se and I am trying to install > LWP:UserAgent I downloaded the tar file from cpan.org and extracted the > files into my c:/perrl/bin directory putting them in a folder of their ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!