text on the screen

Hi all, New to Perl. I saw a perl program (not source code) output formatted text on the terminal in the way, # first time, output a line 23 11 1234 # then, update 11 of above line with 22 ...
Posted On: Wednesday 28th of November 2012 12:35:24 AM Total Views:  376
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How to parse out specific data in text files and plugs into thespreadsheet

I need help writing a script in perl that takes text files and parses out specific data and plugs the data back into the spreadsheet. Can anyone help me on that.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

most elegant way to split text file randomly into n parts?

What is the most elegant way to split a text file randomly into n parts If the original file contains m lines, the n new file should each contain about m/n lines, chosen uniformly at random. Leaving the actual handling ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tabindex binding with text widget

, I need a tab index for text widjets... for entry widgets the following code working fine but for text widgets how can i do same tab index binding #!/usr/bin/perl use Tk; use strict; use warnings; #changes focus on ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

script to make font as a grid in plain text?

I need to generate, from a truetype (Unicode) font a pattern of the font in a certain size. Basically to get a "grid" of the font, best in a selected size. There are examples here http://czyborra.com/unifont/ but how to use ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

WHY are args for sprintf in scalar context?

Just ran into this nasty trap: > perl -we'@a=("%s %s\n", qw/foo bar/); printf @a' foo bar > perl -we'@a=("%s %s\n", qw/foo bar/); print sprintf @a' 3 And indeed, 'perldoc -f sprintf' says: "Unlike printf, sprintf does not do what you ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: HTML::Parser does give any result of its "sub text{...}".

Hi Jenda, You solved my problem. Thank you very...very... much..... === On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 02:10:42 +0200 "Jenda Krynicky" wrote: > From: Patrik Hasibuan > > I want to parse HTML files those I retrieve with "LWP::UserAgent". ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

optimizing text file searches

My work requires a lot of index lookups for large amounts of files daily. Recently, we have been receiving files with one document per line along with all its attributes. This file will have around 400,000 entries. I then receive ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

activate a textwidget

Hallo NG, how can I activate a text widget, so that after start the keyboard works in this text widget (without use of the mouse)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RE: text in a widget, text-widget @ 1146167556

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but it sounds like you want word that is clicked on. Quick and dirty way would be: $scrolled->selectWord(); my $word = $scrolled->getSelected(); The above will only get a single word, so ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Scrolling text with embedded windows

Hi all, This is probably easy, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have an ROText box with embedded widgets (some frames and a few buttons). Mousewheel scrolling works a treat in the actual text box, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: bind double click to resize text widget(s)

--- listmail@triad.rr.com wrote: > $topw->bind('', \&resize(0)); > $botw->bind('', \&resize(1)); $topw->bind('', [\&resize, 0]); $botw->bind('', [\&resize, 1]); Check out 'perldoc Tk::callbacks' for more info. --Ala __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Newbie :cget + getting button text on an undetermined number of buttons.

I have to create an undetermined number of buttons on the fly. When the button is invoked I need to know what the text for that button is. I've looked at 'cget' and am getting a 'Can't call method "cget" ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Right to left writing in text widget

Hi Everybody, I have a request concerning to typing text right to left in a text widget. I have no idea how to solve this problem. Is there anybody hwo has an answer With the Best: Zsolt -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to supress Ctrl-g characters in tk text?

I have a Tk text object for which I want to bind some subroutines to key combinations. For the most part I am not having trouble. I have several bindings and they are working. I have been trying to set ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Tk::CanvasRottext ?

Petr Pajas wrote: > On Thursday 06 January 2005 02:03, Dean Arnold wrote: > >>Trying to find the subject module...CPAN doesn't seem to >>have it. > > > google does, though ;-) > > -- p > > Tried google ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Encryption from text to text...

I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into another form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out there
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Parsing a text file into an array

I am new to perl, and have not found any good examples of parsing to help me out. I have a text file that I am reading into an array that has to be parsed out and put into another ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Regexp to enclose text with P-tag

I'm looking for help writing a regexp to enclose text with a

tag. The rule is that other HTML tags in the text like and other block elements should NOT be enclosed by

. example: lorem ipsum

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

converting text data

I have data which is in this format: ### data ### area=1101 home=003 mzer=00020 mzec=101 pmpr=00000 pmpc=102 bnsr=00000 bnsc=103 potr=00100 potc=104 swtr=00000 ### end #### and would like to produce the following data area|home|amount|code 1101,003,00020,101 1101,003,00100,104 In short I would ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

converting text expressions (like "1+1") to values

, Is there any inbuilt/external function or library that can convert a text expression (eg. "22 + 23") and evaluate the resulting value( 45 in this case). I need to extract similar text expressions from a file and convert them ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!