Redhat 9.0 ftp Incompatabilities?

the first question has nothing to do with Perl, can anyone tell me why: 1. When I ftp a file from RH 9.0 to AIX, regardless of transfer mode (binary or ASCII), the resultant file always has "^M"s appended ...
Posted On: Sunday 25th of November 2012 11:44:34 PM Total Views:  113
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

FAQ 8.31 Can I use perl to run a telnet or ftp session?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.31: Can I use perl to run a telnet or ftp session Try the Net::FTP, TCP::Client, and Net::Telnet modules (available from CPAN). http://www.cpan.org/scripts/netstuff/telnet.emul.shar will also help for emulating the telnet protocol, but Net::Telnet is quite probably easier to use.. If all you want to do is pretend to be telnet but don't need the initial telnet handshaking, then the standard dual-process approach will suffice: use IO::Socket; # new in 5.004 $handle = IO::Socket::INET->new('www.perl.com:80') or die "can't connect to port 80 on www.perl.com: $!"; $handle->autoflush(1); if (fork()) { # XXX: undef means failure select($handle); print while ; # everything from stdin to socket } else { print while ; # everything from socket to stdout } close $handle; exit; -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. They are not necessarily experts in every domain where Perl might show up, so please include as much information as possible and relevant in any corrections. The perlfaq-workers also don't have access to every operating system or platform, so please include relevant details for corrections to examples that do not work on particular platforms. Working code is greatly appreciated. If you'd like to help maintain the perlfaq, see the details in perlfaq.pod.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Why is ftp.perl.org down all the time?

Inquiring minds want to know. -- Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating from Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers you will need to find a different means of posting on Usenet. http://improve-usenet.org/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

On redhat, different users = different @INC

We have RedHat 4EL and perl 5.8.5. Per a user's request I installed Date:Simple, using perl -MCPAN -e shell as the root user. Now root can find Date::Simple, but other users cannot. They do not want to include a lib statement in their scripts or invoke with a -I. The @INC libraries are close, but not identical. Does anyone know how to correct or resolve this Any suggestions would be appreciated. Best regards, Russ
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help wth Net::FTP in script sometimes fails but wsftp always works

I have a script that transfers files from a Solaris server to target unix servers.\tThe script uses Net::FTP->put to write the files, which can be any number of files, not always the same.\tThis script works flawlessly to many servers.\tSometimes the 'puts' fail, not always on the same file.\tWhat is odd is I can transfer that file, and many others with ws-ftp from my PC.\tAny idea why that would be\tFirst I tried to set the buffer size in the ftp->new to the 4096 like wsftp, from the default 10240, but that didn't work.\tI see in the doc about Net::FTP, there is a dataconn class.\tCan I use those commands without specifying any other class in the perl program\tThere is a "write ( BUFFER, SIZE [, TIMEOUT ] )" statement.\tI cannot find any more information about that, like what is the default BUFFER.\tCan I use it instead of 'put'
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

opening sftp command as a file

I am trying to run the following sub routine to copy a file from remote dir to local. I am passing three arguments remote file, local file and the host along with the user name. But, the program is not working. could somebody please help me. sub getFile { my ( $rFile, $lFile, $rHost ) = @_; my oldFile = $rFile.old; open ( FH, "| sftp $rHost") or exception ( "Could not establish the sftp connection"); print FH "get $rFile $lFile"; print FH "rename $rFile $oldFile"; print FH "exit"; close FH; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.31: Can I use perl to run a telnet or ftp session Try the Net::FTP, TCP::Client, and Net::Telnet modules (available from CPAN). http://www.cpan.org/scripts/netstuff/telnet.emul.shar will also help for emulating the telnet protocol, but Net::Telnet is quite probably easier to use.. If all you want to do is pretend to be telnet but don't need the initial telnet handshaking, then the standard dual-process approach will suffice: use IO::Socket; # new in 5.004 $handle = IO::Socket::INET->new('www.perl.com:80') or die "can't connect to port 80 on www.perl.com: $!"; $handle->autoflush(1); if (fork()) { # XXX: undef means failure select($handle); print while ; # everything from stdin to socket } else { print while ; # everything from socket to stdout } close $handle; exit; -------------------------------------------------------------------- The perlfaq-workers, a group of volunteers, maintain the perlfaq. They are not necessarily experts in every domain where Perl might show up, so please include as much information as possible and relevant in any corrections. The perlfaq-workers also don't have access to every operating system or platform, so please include relevant details for corrections to examples that do not work on particular platforms. Working code is greatly appreciated. If you'd like to help maintain the perlfaq, see the details in perlfaq.pod.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 5th November 2012
View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Hash method for ftp

Hi how can I assign the output of the hash method to a variable From the documentation: hash ( [FILEHANDLE_GLOB_REF],[ BYTES_PER_HASH_MARK] ) Called without parameters, or with the first argument false, hash marks are suppressed. If the first argument is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Looking for a file transfer module NOT ftp

, I'm looking for a module to perform file transfer from one machine to another. This will be running on Windows machines, multiple windows xp machines to a windows 2003 server. I don't want to use ftp or windows file ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!