Re: perltk.org update

Re: wiki See http://wiki.tcl.tk/ for an example of a wiki being used for tcl/tk ... -- Tcl - The glue of a new generation. Larry W. Virden Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, ...
Posted On: Wednesday 28th of November 2012 12:10:14 AM Total Views:  415
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

posix vs perl regular expressions

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but - what's the difference between posix and perl regular expressions A good example is "aa|bb". Will this match "aa" or "ab" in perl and posix And ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

win32 adodb/mdb; con.execute returns undef and not recordset.

hi, I have been using a micro$oft mdb with adodb in win32 perl. the problem lately discovred is not ready to get solved. i need to check duplicate and i do a count(*) before insert. what happenbs is count(*) return ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need a good book help me do interpreter

, I want a good book that help me do a perl program that is used as interpreter for a small, BASIC-like language. I need a good book that help me doing this please if there is a good website ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

get the return status

hi in unix, i have a program called program_a and i use the system call to invoke it system("program_a"); How do i get the return status of program_a if program_a returns a few status codes...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Error: can't modify scalar reference

HP wrote: > When i run my following prog. > our $test='this is just test'; > print $test; > print "----test\n"; > it gives me compilation error: can't modify scalar reference at line 1 PRINTED RESULTS: ________________ this is just ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: newbie question about removing un needed extra lines

Eric J. Roode wrote: > Scott Taylor wrote in > news:bggslc$686$1@slb5.atl.mindspring.net: > > >>I've just started learning perl, and had two questions. One, what is >>the best way to open a text file and remove all of the empty ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

setting cookie then redirect problem

I'm trying to set a session cookie and then redirect, however I get the error: Status: 302 Moved Location: /index.cgi I thought I recall getting an error like this when I first tried performing a redirect when I had ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Don know Perl, don't know what's broke - re - type1inst!!

(2nd post, I think my first may have been to the wrong group - sorry) Perl-ers - Im hoping I can get some help here, because I'm very lost. Don't know Perl, I'm not a programmer. And this is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[comp.lang.perl.moderated] Welcome - read this first!

Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.51 2004/08/10 16:05:00 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://www.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Premature Ending of script headers

I think you may be tired of this question.But I don't really know how to solve it. #!/usr/bin/perl print "Context-type: text/html\n\n"; print " EveryOne"; -------------------------------------- Even this sample doesn't work. The perl directory is right. I typed in vi, ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Namespace for apartment threading modules ?

Looking for namespace advice... After building a specialized set of classes to support apartment threading of DBI ( http://www.presicient.com/dbixthrd ), I'm attempting to build a set of modules to provide generalized apartment threading capability. The working namespace I'm using is ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 6.10 How do I use a regular expression to strip C style comments from a file?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[comp.lang.perl.moderated] Welcome - read this first!

Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.53 2007/12/11 22:25:19 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://perl.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

converting text expressions (like "1+1") to values

, Is there any inbuilt/external function or library that can convert a text expression (eg. "22 + 23") and evaluate the resulting value( 45 in this case). I need to extract similar text expressions from a file and convert them ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 5.21 I still don't get locking. I just want to increment the number in the file. How can I do this?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

$$listref[2][2] = "hello"; # what is $$listref ?

I am struggling a bit with the following example and text from "Programming Perl". $listref->[2][2] = "hello"; $$listref[2][2] = "hello"; (...) Therefore, it is $$listref and not $listref[2] that is taken to be a reference to an array. I ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 5.26 How do I print to more than one file at once?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

FAQ 6.1 How can I hope to use regular expressions without creating illegible and unmaintainable code?

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq6.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which editor for Perl hacking are you using

Please no editor war, but I am curious, what's the editor of choice you're using to write Perl, and why (if you want to share). I am currently using Textpad, but in the very near future I am moving to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

WriteExcel module, reopening a file

I create an excel file 'myfile.xls' using WriteExcel module. It has a tab named 'Name1', and its first (say) 10 rows have some data. I would like to reopen this sheet for over/writing, and write a string 'new string' to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!