Re: help with mainframe file

GregD wrote: > Im working with a mainframe file that contains packed decimal fields > in some of the records. Each record (line) is supposed to be a fixed > length of 200. Part of what Im working on is ...
Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 09:03:14 PM Total Views:  387
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

very strange conditional failure

I just finished debugging a very strange problem, and was wondering if any of you had ever seen it before. My code is very long, so I will only post the interesting parts. ok, so using DBD::Sybase and some other ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

perl 5.8.2/3 - thread started by a thread

, I'm a perl beginner. I created a piece of code starting a first thread which in turn creates a second thread. Unfortunately the creation of the second thread hangs the first one. Is there anybody who knows what's ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Read a html file, extract email addresses?

I have searched without success for a simple script that can read any text html file and extract the email addresses from it. I am not interested in spamming people. I play a sport that requires me to email people ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Zip file processing without recompiling PHP

I am trying to create an OsCommerce plugin that parses a number of files and adds them to the catalog. I need some method of transferring the files to be parsed to the server with OsC. Ideally, I would like ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[comp.lang.perl.moderated] Welcome - read this first!

Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.49 2003/08/19 18:50:04 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://www.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

de-references

Perl-folks, Got a question that I hope someone can answer. I often use hashs like structures and they sometimes contain references to other hashs or arrays. My question is what is the best way to de-reference the internal hash or ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there any way that I can change the image on the fly in cgi?

To change images, from what I know, I need to add event handler into the script (onMouseOver, onMouseOut ... etc), but I need to generate it on the fly. I will have this javascript in my cgi file which will ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Destroy cirular structure when last external ref goes

Something I come accross often in Perl and for which I have no satisfactory solution is this.. I have a whole lot of Perl thingys (arrays, scalars, hashes) some of which are blessed all referencing each other in some complex ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[comp.lang.perl.moderated] Welcome - read this first!

Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.49 2003/08/19 18:50:04 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://www.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help on cgi/perl programs to port, view and edit reports

I'm trying to write a cgi/perl programs to post a report like the following format in which the the user has to feed the values(nos) in the boxes under % Done Qual Rel. Stab P1 p2 P3.... and boxes ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

h2xs more modern layout and multiple related modules

I appreciate parts of the "more modern layout" which the 5.8.1 version of h2xs now produces. However, in the past one could type "h2xs -X -n My::Obj" and then type "h2xs -X -n My::Obj::SubObj" to create the stubs for two ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

glob and regex

I have a problem using regular expresions and the glob operator. I want to get files with a specific name format from a directory using glob. The regular expresion I use to match the name format is /[A-Za-z]{2}_\w{2,5}/ Any ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reading ARGV _AND_ trying to have redirectable STDOUT ????

This is probably incredibly obvious, but I'm just not getting it. I need to accept an arg (I don't care if it's from getopt or @ARGV). and I need to be able to print to STDOUT. So far, so good. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Phone number regular expression...

! First, I appologize if this posting isn't proper "netiquette" for this group. I've been working with perl for almost 2 years now. However, my regular expression knowledge is pretty limited. I wrote the following expression to take (hopefully) ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

strange replacement of . and , with octal counterpart

The following code produces fine result when everything is hard wired but replaces '.' and ',' with there octal counterparts when the variables are passed to it. Can't figure out why. I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bidirectional Win32 client

The Perl Cookbook Bidirectional TCP client does not work in Win32 ActivePerl. Does anybody have a fix for this or can recommend me an example of a working Win32 client...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

concatenate files recursively in win32

I admit it. I'm a newbie... I want to concatenate a series of text files by recursively going down a folder hierarchy. the files have the same extension (*.txt) and I'm running WinXP Home with ActiveState Perl v5.6.1 Any ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SOAP:Lite Limitations re: https??

The Following Perl Works: use strict; use warnings; use SOAP::Lite; my $soap = SOAP::Lite -> service('http://apniurdu.com/SOAP/Urdu2.wsdl'); However The Following Perl Gives an error: use strict; use warnings; use SOAP::Lite; my $soap = SOAP::Lite -> service('https://certnexisgw.lexis-nexis.com/rs/soap/rmsoap.WSDL'); WHY\t The error is: "Service ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

posix vs perl regular expressions

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but - what's the difference between posix and perl regular expressions A good example is "aa|bb". Will this match "aa" or "ab" in perl and posix And ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

win32 adodb/mdb; con.execute returns undef and not recordset.

hi, I have been using a micro$oft mdb with adodb in win32 perl. the problem lately discovred is not ready to get solved. i need to check duplicate and i do a count(*) before insert. what happenbs is count(*) return ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!