Perl B:Bytecode anyone ?

I've been trying to compile perl scripts into bytecode. Now, from what I understand I can use either perlcc -B script.pl or perl -MO=bytecode script.pl to do this (whats the difference between these two methods anyway ). If I ...
Posted On: Monday 26th of November 2012 08:59:13 PM Total Views:  110
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Perl PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

dealing with large files in perl

Good day folks, I'm looking for some help and hoping to get some tips back. here's the situation: i've two large files containing one unique value in each file which is the id however, i have to go through each ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: perl and assembly

"Bill Cunningham" wrote in message news:10c40vlctmu6c38@corp.supernews.com... > How can one write an assembler in Perl I know CPU address would have > to > be queried. > > Bill you'll have to write a widget that tells you what ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MS SQL server and SQL DATETIME manipulation in perl

Hi all, I am going to be doing a lot of work with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 using perl and the Win32::ODBC module. Most of this will revolve around date and time conversions, and as such I was wondering if ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

eventos de teclado en perl

Hola a todos! Sabeis como se pueden capturar eventos de teclado en perl Mi problema es que deseo saber cuando un usuario, durante la ejecucin de un script perl, pulsa las teclas de direccionamiento: arriba,abajo,derecha,izquierda. Agradezco la ayuda que se ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Crashing perl by pod.

I am under an impression that badly formatted pod in a module can make perl crash. I didn't find a simple pattern, which would allow to easily recreate the problem. And in general I find the problem difficult to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

perl and corba?

How hard is it to use Corba components in a Perl script I am wondering if it is like, on Windows, using a COM component with Javascript.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are list mssages getting propagatd to comp.lang.perl.tk?

For the past few days, I've noticed that messages don't seem to be sent on to the newsgroup. Is this new Rob...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

cperl-mode indenting question

I do not understand cperl-mode. Type M-x cperl-set-style and choose each of the the styles. Then I type C-x h to select the whole buffer fo Perl code. Then I type C-[ C-\ to reformt the entire buffer, but it ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Anyone try running Insight/gdbtk thru tcl2perl ?

> Jeff Hobbs has mentioned this on the clp.tk newsgroup recently, > and mentioned Tcl::Tk was "80% compatible", which caused me to > ask if he could enumerate the 20% thats currently missing. > Perhaps you can provide that info ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

perl program working with XML to do stats

I'm a previous student of Tad's Perl class so I'll get to it.. I'm writing a Perl program that takes an XML page and adds some statistics to the page. The statistics are word, sentence, and paragraph counts of the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[comp.lang.perl.moderated] Welcome - read this first!

Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.51 2004/08/10 16:05:00 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://www.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.49 2003/08/19 18:50:04 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://www.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.49 2003/08/19 18:50:04 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://www.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Math problem - converting between arbitrary bases in perl - help!

Hi all - I've been trying to write a small sub to convert form an input base (eg: 16) to an output base (eg:64) and back. The reason is that I need to communicate tristate (base 3) data efficiently via ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

perl 5.8.2/3 - thread started by a thread

, I'm a perl beginner. I created a piece of code starting a first thread which in turn creates a second thread. Unfortunately the creation of the second thread hangs the first one. Is there anybody who knows what's ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

"perl -MCPAN -e shell" acts unexpectedly on MacOS X 10.3.1

Hi. I am running MacOS X 10.3.1 (Panther) on a G4 iMac. I am installing some Perl modules using the CPAN shell, i.e., I issue the command # perl -MCPAN -e shell and then type commands to the cpan> prompt. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help on cgi/perl programs to port, view and edit reports

I'm trying to write a cgi/perl programs to post a report like the following format in which the the user has to feed the values(nos) in the boxes under % Done Qual Rel. Stab P1 p2 P3.... and boxes ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!